Old 10-06-2005, 12:19 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

PRAYERS for your sister and you Bre - Keep us posted on how she is doing.
mom2fivesweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 09:29 AM   #92  

Prayers to your family and you Bre...

Mary, i tried the "eat like a king" thing today, but i didn't go as far as you, I did have my heavy protein and starch this morning though (breakfast chops- had the butcher slice the loin real thin and rice)

I am full right now, but not too bad. i just hope that i won't get me middle ofr the night hunger pains back while me body is adjusting to not having too much food in it overnight. (late night snacking is what got me up 30 pounds to begin with)

I have officially been below 173 for three days now (stalling between 172.2 and 172.6) but I am glad to see no maore 173's on the scale. I am doing take-off this weekedn, so I hope to be in the 160's next week this time.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 09:35 AM   #93  

Good morning, chicks!

Bre, so sorry about your sister - my thoughts are with you during this time.

Star, likewise for you - good for you for putting the plan on hold until your life quiets down a little.

Katie - you are a sewing inspiration -- I need to dust mine off too. Maybe I can learn to take in some pants?

Karen - I did look at your journal - it doesn't seem that you have too many treats if you can work it out in your calorie range, and you're eating mainly healthy things, I think you are an inspiration!

Andi - what happened at the program explanation?

Mary - maybe not so much tomorrow! It's worth a try, but if it makes you feel sick, then maybe it's not the best idea for you?

Hi to the other chicks!
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 09:55 AM   #94  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone. Happy Thursday!

Bre - so sorry to hear about your sister. I know your pain. I am praying for both of you.

Julie - you're doing great! I am still not at the point where my circles are always the first thing I look for when I'm hungry. Its not second nature yet, and it should be. Anyway, you're awesome!

Karen - Thanks for sharing your journal. Its a big help for people like me who struggle with finding different OP things to eat. eta: I am really looking forward to maintenance. You make it look sooo good.

DH surprised me last night with roses and dinner reservations. Only thing was, he took me out for Italian and uh... I didn't do so well. Today its right back on plan though! Pray for me at WI Saturday...

Last edited by Chklithunder; 10-06-2005 at 09:58 AM.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:05 AM   #95  

Carmen, your DH took YOU out for HIS birthday??? what did you end up getting him?

Julie
Old 10-06-2005, 10:16 AM   #96  

Bre - prayers for you and your sister. I understand your shock. My dad had been diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer and knew for 8 months before my sister and I found out. On the positive side, when the doctors found his cancer, they told him to get his affairs in order, he wouldn't live to see Christmas. That was 1997. He's still here - and doing very well. They have come a long way in cancer treatment and research. My sister is fond of saying "the doctor's report is not the final report. God has something to say about it." Hugs to you!

Julie - DD & I had our program explanation on Tuesday. She was up .4 and I was down 1.4 or 1.6 (I can't remember - I didn't make a big deal about it) I was put on Gold and DD was put on Orange.

I see that some of you have mentioned where you aren't losing the "promised" 2 pound per week. What does your center say about that? They made a huge deal Tuesday night about our "agreement." We're supposed to come 3 times per week, bring our diary, & follow the program as written. They promise to support you and average your weight loss to make sure you are hitting that "magic" 2 pound per week weight loss. Right?

I like so many aspects of the program. I feel that it is balanced and encourages good eating habits. I like having the monthly diary. It has everything I need to be reminded of what I need to get in on a daily basis. I don't even mind the 3 times per week visits for support.

It is the sales gimick aspect that bothers me just a bit. The only flexibility I can see built into the program for treats are high priced treats you can only purchase from them.

I also don't believe that my DD drinking an extra 2 glasses of water is really necessary in order to eat a CC turkey sandwich, nor do I believe that I need a supplement to magically turn that turkey sandwich into a protien. That is ludicrous.

However, we go tonight for our "personal success visit" and they are going to switch us over to a plan that doesn't use the LA Lites. We also are supposed to receive the Free to Live binder. I'm not sure exactly what that is, but our couselor made it out to be a huge deal, so I suppose I should be excited!

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:40 AM   #97  

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbear
I tried the "eat like a king for breakfast." All I can say is, kings must have diarrhea a lot. I am so sick from eating what I would normally have at dinner for breakfast. I guess my body will just have to get used to it. I had D,P,S,F. Maybe it will help me lose 2 lbs a week again instead of 4 lbs in a spurt once in a month!
Mary

Mary, another thing you could try is spreading out your food over the morning. I eat a LOT from breakfast time to lunch time, but not all at once. (Also, I do tend to stick to more traditional breakfast foods first thing.) A typical morning for me might look like:
Breakfast (around 6:15 am): 1/2 English muffin w/ reduced-fat peanut butter
After I get to work (around 7:30 am), yogurt.
Then about 9, fruit.
10:30 --Lite
11:30 or 12 -- lunch
Sometimes I eat even more over the course of the morning; it just depends on how hungry I am. This may or may not work for you--I work out first thing in the morning and that may make me hungrier--but if you are looking for something different to try it's another idea.

The "other" Mary
boyerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:41 AM   #98  
Choc Thunder

Julie - yesterday was our anniversary. I got him a Sue Grafton book and a Brown's "hoody," neither of which I think he liked very much. When we got home from dinner he said he really appreciated his gifts, but then told me that I didn't have to get him anything (he ALWAYS says that). I can't tell if it was that he didn't like the things I got for him, or if he was so excited over what he and the DSs had done for me. When I got home, there was a big HAPPY ANNIVERSARY balloon in the yard, and there was tissue and confetti leading from the driveway to the front door, and then there were about 15 - 20 helium balloons floating on the ceiling with the strings hanging down. At first I thought there was a party or something going on. Then, when I walked all the way in, the DSs started throwing confetti in the air and singing the anniversary song, and DH jumps around the corner with a NICE bouquet. It was rather kewl... On a side note though, he may be slightly miffed because I was too tired after the long day to "express my affection," so I told him we'd have a repeat of our wedding night -- we were both gonna go to sleep!
Old 10-06-2005, 10:46 AM   #99  

Morning Chicks....
Well went to meet the digestive doctor today and I will have my colonoscopy tomorrow at noon. So I'm on liquids for the rest of the day and tomorrow....thank goodness I didn't eat anything before I saw him. This way I can get it over and done.
About my chronic constipation he said I need to eat a bowl of All Bran Extra Fiber or Bran Buds daily, it has 13 grms of fiber and we need 25-35 per day. Then if that doesn't work and nothing is found with the colonoscopy, there is also medication I can take...... so I'm anxious to start on that...
Bre - Prayers for your sister...
later chicks....Hugs to all.....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:49 AM   #100  

Carmen sounds like a wonderful anniversary...

Waht is the free to live binder... I don't think I have one ?
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:56 AM   #101  
Choc Thunder

Thank you Shennie it was really nice. I don't know what the Free to Live binder is either. My COD never brings it up and I always forget to ask about it when I go in. It sure sounds like a good thing to have though.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:01 AM   #102  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

the free to live binder is a binder with options for going out to eat. It gives you good selections and bad selections for american, chinese, italian, etc. It also gives you information on excercise etc. I found it helpful to make good choices and those tip cards help with chosing and knowing how to count when you eat at birthdays, amusement parks. etc.

Everyone who pays for the program pays for that book they should give you the binder, the tip cards, the excercise video and a scale.
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 11:19 AM   #103  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Andi-

Just a couple of suggestions-

1. I see no reason why you can't have 1 oz of baked lays (1 snack bag) as a starch. They have about the same calories as 1/2 a small potato and less sodium than the cheese curls they sell. I eat them occaisonally.

2. Baked cheetos and the reduced-fat cheese curls from Trader Joe's have the same nutritional value as the cheese curls they sell. Just be sure to immediately weigh out 1 ounce portions and put them into baggies. Don't eat straight out of the bag (speaking from personal experience here

Don't get so hung up on their sales tactics-they hit you hard at first, but will back off. Tell them you don't like the lites and they will put you on a different plan (you may get another starch-who knows

This is just my two cents-others may disagree, but it's working for me. I'm right at 2 lbs a week and I've been doing this since mid-June. Hang in there.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 12:28 PM   #104  

STar - what fun, hmm?

Carmen - my bad - thought I remembered that it was his bd, not your anniversary. Your DS's still sound too cute for words.

about the free to live stuff - that *may* only be available to people that go to franchise centers, not corporates. Although I do forget to ask when I go to WI, too.

My impression, too, is that sales tactics DO go down after awhile. I just say no thank you, or give them the hairy eyeball when they say something that just plain doesn't make sense. Although I haven't gotten that lately - but the next time, I'm tempted to ask them - show me something printed somewhere that says what you're saying - like the starch converted to protein. I mean really. The standard diet is low enough in starch, anyway, and how can two pieces of bread, or a full cup of pasta make that much difference? just IMHO. But -- these are people working on commission, and I'm sure that they have quotas they have to reach.

Julie
Old 10-06-2005, 01:39 PM   #105  

I didn't get an exercise video or scale, but I did get the Free To Live binder and the Tip Cards.
jmpike is offline   Reply With Quote