Old 10-17-2005, 03:45 PM   #271  

Listen now, Shennie - the Astros are DUE!

I have been an Astros fan since I was a kid - cheered for them when they were on the bottom rung of the ladder!! This is so exciting I can't hardly stand it. My 13 year old DS is missing Student Faith visitation tonight just so we can cheer for our team!

And, yes, count me in as one of those who bombed this weekend. Not quite sure why - dismal weather, maybe? Or just plain old laziness??

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 03:55 PM   #272  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Michelle - good to "see" you! Glad you made it home safely.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 04:33 PM   #273  

Height: 5' 4"

I had a pretty stressful Friday afternoon. I went to lunch with my co-workers to celebrate National Boss Day, and when I returned the principal at my children's school called and left a message.

Well, by now I'm freaking out. I mean the principal doesn't call just to chit chat about your child's progress.

When I called the school back (immediately), at first they told me he was in a meeting then I told the lady who I was so she got him on the phone immediately.

An 11th grade girl attacked my 10th grade son in the cafeteria! DS conducted himself like a gentleman and did not hit her back, only tried to block her blows (defending himself). She left scratches on his face and horrible claw marks on his neck where she tried to choke him.

DS and school staff said that she threw a full Gatorade bottle at him so in turn he called her a b^*ch, which who would blame him. Then she came over and started punching him, and then she proceeded to try to choke him.

DS is ok, just scratched up pretty bad. DS and DD told me that she pulled another girl's hair out of her head in a fight about 2 weeks ago. They said that she isn't an ordinary girl either, more like a man than a girl. DS even said she hit like a man..

Anyway, DS is ok now. I hope that girl never gets to go back to that school. She lives on the same street I do, and my children have to ride the bus with her. I expressed my concerns at school this morning, and they assured me that there will not be any more problems with this girl, even though the vice-principal told me by law they can't tell me what disiplinary action that was taken.

XH went to school this morning after they wouldn't tell me exactly what I wanted to know, and he talked directly to the principal. Apparently, the principal told XH that she was suspended for an undetermined amount of time and that they took out assault charges on her.

We will see how this saga works out.....
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 04:39 PM   #274  

Karen, That is awful are they offering counseling to DS? Hopefully she won't ever come back...
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 04:40 PM   #275  

Smile Coming out of lurker status.....

HEllo ladies,

I'm officially out of lurker status, and started on the blue plan today. I also posted my bio over on the roll call page. I posted a help post a couple of days ago, and mistyped my own name, so I apologize, my name is Kisha not Kisa. I am doing lawl on my own, because of lack of funds right now. I have gotten so much info from here, that I'm ready to start and I did this morning. I didn't do take off yet, because I wanted to see if the blue plan is going to be for me. I workout 5-6 hours a week, I still nurse 3x's a day(she isn't trying to wean either!,but she'll be 2 next month.), and I now weigh 182, well 184 due to tom today. These are the reasons I was told to try the blue plan. Hopefully I can lose 2lbs a week on this, I do eat the luna bars with it. Well, I won't make this too long, but I wanted to hopefully make some friends here, and learn from you all, as I'm going to need all the help I can get! Can someone look at my eating for today, and tell me if this is good. I'm going to post it on fitday.com, to see how many calories it is.

B-2 eggs, 1tbsp flaxseed, 8oz skimmilk, orange,16oz h20,1 sheet of lowfat honey graham cracker
snack-nutz over chocolate luna bar
lunch-6slices of turkey in 1 cup salad,ff french dressing,mini bagel with cream cheese, apple, and 16oz of water.
snack-3/4 cup of fresh frozen pineapple
dinner-is going to be mesquite chicken,corn,string beans(both frozen kind),salad,protein bar.

Ok, sorry so long, talk to you all soon.
slimdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 04:47 PM   #276  

Height: 5' 4"

The principal and the vice-principal both told me that they were impressed with the way DS conducted himself. DS told me that "You told me never to hit a girl, moma." I guess he really was listening.

I think he will be ok after it all settles down at school and his scratches are gone. Of course, kids are mean and a few were saying that he got his butt kicked by a girl. DS did the right thing. If he had hit that girl back, he would have been in trouble at school, at home, and with the authorities. Not to mention, every girl in that school would hate him from that moment on. DS will be 16 next month, he doesn't need any negative publicity at that age.

I think all of the witnesses would agree that DS did what was right. I told him just to blow off any negative comments to the contrary. The vice-principal told me today that she was going to speak to him personally about his admirable behavior. So hopefully, all of the positive comments will out weigh the negative.
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 04:50 PM   #277  
Choc Thunder

Hi Kisha and welcome. If you've been lurking then you know that this is a great bunch of chicks, with a lot of insight and wisdom. Here's wishing you the best of luck with LAWL ! <--that's water.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:54 PM   #278  
Choc Thunder

Karen - I am so sorry about the debacle at school! I am glad though that your DS did what was right. I tell my DSs the same thing about hitting girls, but I also tell them not to ever let anyone hurt them. Thankfully, neither of them has gotten into a squabble with a girl (yet - they're young). Again, your DS acted very admirably. Pat him and yourself on the back.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:35 PM   #279  

Karen~ I am sorry to here about all of that, but you have raised a great young man to be that mature about the entire thing. I'm with Carmen, pat yourself on the back.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 06:10 PM   #280  

Karen- wow, what a thing to happen to your DS - sounds like he's mature beyond his years. . .If this is the second incident, it sounds like this girl may need real help.

Kisha - your plan sounds fine -- I keep on forgetting that blue has that extra starch - are you weighing your proteins? it's real easy for me to get an extra ounce or two of chicken before I know it. Are you using flaxseed or cream cheese for your fat, or do you get two dairys?

Hi Andi - glad you had another successful week! Did your DD do as well?

About baseball - well, DC finally got a team again - I remember (barely) when we had the Senators - maybe next year we'll be a real contender! It's really strange to hear local baseball on the news.

Michele - glad to see that you are settling in, chick, and hope you'll post regularly - OP or not -- goodness knows, I've continued to post even when I'm not OP. . .

Bre - if I ate like Dolly, do you think I could sing like her??

Hugs to all,
Julie

(okay, I miss Britt - what's up with you girl!)
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 06:23 PM   #281  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Karen~sorry about your DS, but it does my heart good to see how he handled this. You've raised a gentleman. I know you are proud.

Hi Carmen, thanks for the welcome. I'm glad to be in CA and glad to have a computer again. I'm on my parents computer. Mom and I just went to run some errands and had some lunch. Probably shouldn't say what we had. Not exactly on program, but I think we did ok. We had wonton soup w/rice noodles and some spicy stir fried with beef and vegetables and rice noodles. Yum! Today is a soup day here, it's raining and I love it!! Making bean soup for the family today and some corn bread.

My edema (swelling) is totally gone. That parsley tea totally works.
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 07:10 PM   #282  

Cool

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

Karen,
I agree with the girls you have raised a fine young man. I still can't believe the girl jumped on him like that. Did she like him, and he didn't like him back, or what? I mean if it was nothing major, she needs help!

Julie,
I did weigh my chicken tonight, and it was 6oz. But, I still didn't eat it all. I couldn't eat the frozen kind of green beans either. EWW! I put them in the crock pot, and they taste just like wax,or plastic beans. I'm about to eat a salad, to go with the chicken,corn,protein bar,I just ate. I am so full though. I've been doing good today so far. I only went off plan when I ate 2 small oatmeal cookies.

Well, I'm off for now, but thanks again for the welcome, and hello to everyone.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:14 PM   #283  

Julie,

I forgot to answer your other question. The 1tbsp of flaxseed is supposed to be my fat, and the fat free 1tbsp of cream cheese is under my condiments, that I can have 3 per day. I also had the required salt, but none after that, so I'm doing good! I also sucked it up, and drunk 4 bottles of 16 oz water so far!
Old 10-17-2005, 07:23 PM   #284  

Mary,

What about low fat cream cheese? It says 90 cal for 2tbsp, but I had even less than a tbsp, because I thought it was going to be nasty! I have been measuring everything though. Oh, and my daughter eats table food, she's finally gaining weight good, and only tries to nurse if she's sleepy, so like 2-3x's a day. Once for an evening nap, then she gets up at like 2-3am. I have been trying to wean her since 9 mos. She is a stubborn one, my husband can't get her to sleep either. She will cry it out for hours, non stop, without getting tired. We have 2 other children, 1 of them is in school, so we have to find some way to shut her up. Guess what does it. I want to go away for a weekend, but we have NOO babysitters. So I guess she'll stop soon. During the day she's not interested, because our 3yr old distracts her.Oh, and I am below my prepg weight, but I bet as soon as I stop nursing completely the rest of the fat will go. It's like my body is holding onto it for her.This was supposed to be a quick reply, sorry so long!
Old 10-17-2005, 07:46 PM   #285  

MetalChic: What a thing to happen to DS. He should be proud of himself for doing the right thing - and you taught him well. I can't image a 15 yr old girl hitting and choking anyone and glad the school took it seriously enough to get the law involved before she really hurt someone. Give your son a big hug for acting like a man. I'm sure there is a nice young lady just waiting to tell him how well he handled the situation.

Slimdreams: Welcome to the board. Sounds like you picked the right plan (Blue). FF cream cheese is a condiment but be careful as most of the FF stuff is full of sodium (something has to give it flavor).

Michelle: Glad your doing well. Will you be going to the COD in CA? I'm sure that once you're settled you will be back POP.

Julie: I'd be singing with you - if singing like Dolly would give me a waist her size compared to her chest size. LOL! Doo Raaa Meee!

Another busy week for me at work as my co-worker is away at a conference this week, so I'll be lurking - and post when I can.

Have a great evening! Hugs, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote