Old 10-13-2005, 03:48 PM   #226  

Height: 5' 4"

Mary, the sodas for Halloween sound interesting to me. I would just be concerned about how much that might end up costing......

I don't eat candy, never have, so I'm not worried about Halloween at all. I used to go trick or treating when I was a child and give my candy to my parents.... I just went to be doing it, not to get candy.

Now if you could go around on a certain day every year and get homemade baked goods that you didn't have to worry about, watch out!

Mary, how old is Eli? I thought you said around 18 months. If so, he is a little young to be worried about forcing potty training. Not to say that instruction isn't good, just to say I wouldn't worry at this point that he doesn't quite get it.
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 03:57 PM   #227  

mary - Good subject - Halloween candy? Hum, I always give out stuff I don't like, so that means no chocolate. Nothing else temps me, but don't leave me alone with a bag of chocolate.......the trick-or-treaters would be out of luck....lol
I think Dr. Pepper is a good enuf idea. I have given out the little bags of chips before. Actually I think it was Charles' in Texas? You really can't make home made stuff anymore cuz the parents would just toss it.....
This year we won't be giving out anything becuz our apartment complex doesn't do that. My youngest son bought my house when I got married, we are going there for the big night. He is 27 and all his friends have little kids and they all meet at his house and go from there, these babies are from 6 weeks to like 5 and just tons of them.....My other son, DDIL and GBDave will go there too, it's really fun....Plus the houses are really close together and make for great grounds for little ones........My mom and stepdad go there too....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 04:01 PM   #228  

Oh thanks karen, for reminding me about comment on potty training.
When oldest DS was 1 1/2 I tried potty training him, geez Mary what you wrote could have been one of my days.....lol So I figured I was getting more time in the bathroom than I wanted and forgot about it...when he was just over 2 my neice that was his age came for a visit, she was out of diapers, he saw that and he quit himself and never wet his pants, not even at night again. So ditto to what Karen said......
Old 10-13-2005, 04:12 PM   #229  

Hi Everyone!!

I have been so sick, thought I was getting better but ended up much worse. Who would have thought an ear infection would do all of that? Not me. They changed my medicine 20 times and it just wouldn't get better. Then my DD had an appt with an ENT, he looked at my ear and changed my medicine again and I started getting better. I still can't hear out of my left ear, but the ENT said I'll be able to once the swelling in my ear canal goes down. He had me on pain meds too, so I was all loopy, it is so nice to feel somewhat normal again. Now my kids are sick, I think it's the house I can't get past the feeling that our house is the "sick house", no matter how much I clean.

Hope all of you are doing great!
aag118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 04:17 PM   #230  

Athena - Yours is the sick house with the skinny mom......lol - Hope all of you get well before Halloween....

Mary - You are such a good mother, I don't even know how any of us could think of telling you 'how to' anything....and I really mean that......Eli is so lucky.....wink
Old 10-13-2005, 06:17 PM   #231  

About the Halloween candy...I went to Wal-Mart today and bought a big bag of Dum-Dum suckers. I do not touch those and the kids love them-at least mine do. I also bought a big bag of individually wrapped packages of Animal Crackers. I can resist them also! Just buy candy that you will not eat but the kids will!
emmabenmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 06:19 PM   #232  

Mary,
Does Laurie Berkner have a good CD out? We know the songs Victor Veto and The Buzz song from Nick, Jr. She has a "video" of these 2 songs on that station. Have you seen them?
Old 10-13-2005, 07:05 PM   #233  

Mary~scary about the meter reader. In my yard the weeds are so high, he would probably runaway (I am at the point were I will let them die this winter and higher a land scaping company next year because I water and no grass, on 5 feet tall weeds)

Beanie~ I am feelin you on that one. I hate when I am with my Boyfriend and he will be "dieting" and he eats a steak, potatoes and some type of fried appetizer and I am nursing my ceasr salad. Only for him to loose 5 pounds in a week and I'm over here counting tenths of a pound. Men don't realize how good they have it.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:09 PM   #234  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi all

We made it home safely this Tuesday night, about 11:30. It was a great trip. We both loved New Mexico, what a beautiful area. My back is really bad from packing and driving but it's getting better. Just trying to get back in the swing. So happy to be home though! I'll be jumping on the LAWL wagon very soon.
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:18 PM   #235  

Default How lame am I?!

Okay, Ladies... I need help.

I started my job on Wednesday. I hate it. I hate the commute. I hate the work. I hate leaving the kids. They have SO much work for me to do and everyone wants it done yesterday. I feel like I'm so far behind, but I just started. I'm just sick about it. Problem is that these folks are so nice and I hate to let them down, but I just can't keep this job. I don't HAVE to work anyway, so why make myself and my family miserable? Plus, if I quit now it's better for the company than if I stay there for a few months and then quit, right?

I guess this is so totally off topic that I shouldn't even post it, but dilemmas like this make me want loads of frozen chocolate (Ben and Jerry's) so I guess it's on target that way...

Any advice on how to tell them I'm quitting? I feel so lame.
jmpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:28 PM   #236  

Mary,
Are there alot of songs on the Victor Vito CD?
Old 10-13-2005, 09:09 PM   #237  

Shennie - I'm glad I'm not the only one who is wierd about their diary! I actually thought about taking mine back Monday night. The counselor who handled me tonight uses a little yellow sticky pad, she's quick and efficient and notices everything!

Jenn - sorry about the job!

Mary - you cracked me up about the "way" to get into the 170s!! Way to go!

Karen - I envy you the wedding. I was 19 when DH and I got married. We had a lovely wedding, but I would love to do it all over again. What I feel we missed out on was our reception. We were so busy taking pictures that we didn't really get to party with our guests. Have fun with this!

It has rained all day and we have loved it. West Texas doesn't get a lot of thunderstorms, so when they come, you enjoy them. I grew up in Houston and had lived in SE Texas all my life. We've been here a little over a year and I miss moist air, soft water, and trees! One of my friends e-mailed me about Rita and I had the audacity to say it sounded like FUN I just wanted to see some wind and rain (together at the same time -we have wind out here, let me tell you!)

Still studying my LAWL book. I'll be ready for an exam any day now!

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:17 PM   #238  

Someone asked me (Star?) how long I had been on WW - I joined in August of 2003 and lost 22 pounds in 12 weeks by staying POP. I loved the program, it fit me like a glove. Problem is, we moved clear across Texas and I quit working it. I had other things to focus on - getting 3 kids in new schools, adjusting to life as the "new preacher's wife" and all that. So, I regained the 22 I had lost.

My oldest DD hated WW because she was hungry all the time. I invested in LAWL because it seems like a healthy weight loss program. My first intentions were to re-start WW and let her do LAWL. However, the two programs are really incompatible and I didn't want to sabatoge her. So, I am trying to unlearn one program and learn another one.

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:53 PM   #239  

Athena ~ I'm glad they finally found something to help the ear infection. There isn't much worse than an ear that is bothering you and hearing like you are under water. I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Mary ~ What a great idea! Halloween candy always is so expensive that $9 sounds like a bargain! You must have a lot of kids come to your door! We are in a rural area and there aren't many children in the neighborhood. In the 10 years we've lived here, I'll bet we haven't had 5 kids come to the door. Well, the fact that we have an English Mastiff may have something to do with that. I'm going to have to find some candy to have on hand just in case though. Sometimes our son brings the grandkids by if he has time. They live 20 miles away and usually go to the neighborhoods where the kids have friends. It won't be hard to find something I can stay away from, just as long as it doesn't have chocolate I'll be fine! I'll probably wind up taking any leftovers to church the following Sunday to get rid of it.

As for the guy roaming in the back yard, I'd call my local utilities companies and ask them about it. For one thing, if he is a utility worker, he shouldn't be hopping fences. I certainly wouldn't want someone hopping from yard to yard using my fence! Check into it further!

Chrisy ~ great idea about the animal crackers! I can use any leftovers for grandson! I'll have to keep that in mind when I go shopping.

Tomorrow i hope to cut out the jumpsuit that goes under the pumpkin for Davey. I'm changing it to a two-piece, using a sweatsuit pattern. That way he can use it this winter. If I can get it cut out, I'll be able to stitch it up in no time. My problem is that we are using the dining room as Davey's room. I got rid of the dining room table because the chairs were all coming apart and I wanted a new one. We put Davey in the room because it is toward the center of the house and we wanted to be able to hear him from any of the bedrooms. Ours is at the very front of the house and the rest are at the back. I keep thinking Shawny (daughter) will be getting her own place, so I haven't made any effort to clear out either the computer room or the sewing room to make room for the baby. Here he is almost 10 months old and still sleeping in the dining room!

I've not heard of the CDs you girls are talking about. I'll have to check them out. We have the complete set of Baby Einstein DVDs and Davey loves them! No matter what he is doing, as soon as he hears the intro music, he crawls to within view of the TV and watches. I'm always on the lookout for something to entertain him that is educational also. We've played the BE for him since bringing him home from the hospital and I'm getting a little bored with them.

Beanie ~ It doesn't seem fair that some lose so easily and others have to struggle to get tenths of a pound off. I lost very easily in the beginning even eating foods I shouldn't have. After four months I have settled in to a slower pace. Your sister may be able to cheat and lose, but she isn't learning good habits. What will happen when she is on maintenance? or if she does reach goal weight and doesn't have to face the scale, or isn't "dieting" any more. At some point in time she is going to have to learn to eat healthy or she will stop losing. Consider the good habits you are learning and know that she will have a harder time in the long run.

Now I'm off to go to bed. I hope everyone has a good evening!
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:53 PM   #240  

Boy, it seems like my posts are always so long!!! For that reason I'm posting this short one.
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote