Old 10-13-2005, 10:02 PM   #241  

Oh, I forgot!

Andi ~ It's funny to me that you say WW is incompatible with LAWL. When I showed the plan to my aunt who was doing WW she made the comment that the plans were so similar. I think she was talking about the types of food, but I didn't ask. She has since quit WW and is planning on joining LAWL the next time weeks are half price.

I was talking with a friend of mine who started in Sept. of last year. I joined because of her. Anyway.... she was talking with Jessica, a former counselor who quit when she was put on bedrest because of carrying twins. Jessica told her that there is a really big difference between the corporate and franchised centers' attitudes toward the clients. I thought that was interesting because you would think corp. would be more relaxed and helpful instead of the other way around.

OK, going to watch Without a Trace and then go to bed. Goodnight all!
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 10:15 PM   #242  

Regina - the reason I say the programs are incompatible is because of the differing guidelines. For example, on WW I was given 24 points per day. Out of my 24 points, I must get in 2 dairy, 5 servings of fruits/vegetables, and 2 servings of oil (EFA) plus 6-8 glasses of water. The content of those points is up to me as long as I hit those guidelines. Some days, I could have all 5 of my f/v be fruit and the next veggies. I was not limited in the amount of protien/carbs/fats. However, you do tend to choose lowfat/high fiber items simply because they stretch your points further. However, if I chose to spend 14 points on a barbecue chicken pizza at Schlotzsky's, that is perfectly "legal" and I would have had to adjust my points accordingly or take them from my FlexPoint bank (of which you get 35 points per week to spend however you choose.) LAWL limits starches and has a very high amount of protien (I think for satiety). That is why I say the two didn't mesh very well. You can't just decide on LAWL to whip through McDonalds and have a small order of fries!

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 12:10 AM   #243  

Andi~ you can whip through and get a burger though, and a whopper junior from burger king.

I'm scared to try though, because if I get that close to the mothership, they might summon me home
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 08:37 AM   #244  

Morning chicks -

Another cool rainy day -- it's been a week of this - after five weeks of no rain - so Andi, I do understand! (I love thunderstorms!)

Michele! WB! Glad that you're home, safe and sound, and let us know - I loved driving thru New Mexico and Arizona -so completely different from the east coast. What did you drive thru?

Jenn - sometimes we are just not the right fit for a job - did you get other interviews -- most places have a 3 month probation period so that if either one of you don't like it, you can leave without 'guilt'. . .

Athena - take care of yourself, chickie!

Shennie - I know what you mean - men can lose weight by just doing something simple like cutting out bread -- my nutrionist did tell me (a long time ago) - that most men really did have to start to work on it when they were in their 50's - so give your BF a word of warning. ..

Hi to the other chicks!
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 08:56 AM   #245  

Height: 5' 4"

WB Michele! Glad to see that you made it safe!
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 09:31 AM   #246  

They were really nice about it when I quit this morning. They offered to let me work from home so I'd have more time with my family, but I have to admit that I'm not good at working from home. When I know I'm not going to get caught goofing off, I goof off. Plus they don't have any technical documentation at their company AT ALL so I would have to spend hours on hours interviewing the programmers and sifting through code that's on their servers and probably travelling to customer sites in order to do a good job writing their manuals. I can't do that from home. So they just cut me loose and we parted ways.

I feel SO much better!

Now I just need to get back on program. Next week.
jmpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 09:51 AM   #247  

Default Tgif

Morning Chicks.......

Michele - So glad you and mom made it.....Ariz and New Mexico are both beautiful states.....(lived in both)...hurry and get settled so you an come back and post.....

Mary - About the meter jumper - call the utility company, that is too strange.

Jenn- So glad your short job is over - don't want to make yourself and family unhappy.....something else, the right job fit will come along when the time is right....

Andi - Thanks for your story about WW and your weight loss. Hopefully you will find LAWL to fit just as well....

Regina - I love your long posts, always look forward to what's keeping you so busy.....post away

Hey Metal, Julie and the rest.....Hugs....

I'm soooooooooooo glad it's Friday.....Amanda and GBDave might meet me for lunch today........
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 10:08 AM   #248  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Jenn

Sounds like you made the right decision for you and your family! Now kick some butt on the diet! LOL
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 10:25 AM   #249  

Ok, I was 170.0 this morning, why are the 160's teasing me like this?

My counselor told me to call in the morning if I didnít feel satisfiedafter my 2-day TO (since I technically ate too much the first day of take-off) and she would work with me to figure out a modified 3rd day program.
So she told me to go with my 6 oz of turkey with lettuce and feel free to add in tomatoes and about 1oz of cheese for the whole day and stay on the juice one more day with the two lites also. She was really nice and told me that since I ate so much on the first day, I should try another day, but to go ahead and add the tomatoes and cheese and I can have my condiment for dinner (yeah!) so that I wonít be to stressed out by having to do take-off for an extra day.
So I hope for my 169.5 tomorrow at least

Jenn~ congrats on leaving the job. My previous job was about 15,000 more than the one I just took in September and it has been an adjustment to changing the income, but I am soooo much more happy now. I use to work 10 hour days, plus I was on call 24 hours and my son hated my job. So it feels great to close my door at 5 now and go home and not be worried about anything at all. The money doesnít matter when you know that your family will be fine without it and better off with you. CONGRATS on quitting.

Julie~ I donít think I will warn him, Iíll just loose all of my weight and then sit around him in 20 years and say. ďwhy canít you loose, I can loose mine so easily Ē

Check-in with you all later. Have a POP day!
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 12:59 PM   #250  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi all, Great to hear from you all. I have been lurking for days.
Shennie- Good luck on the 160's. You'll get there!
Mary- Great decade move to you. Yahooooo!
Halloween candy- Since we live in such a rural area, our schools and/or churches host "Trunk or Treats" where we all meet in a large parking lot, decorate the trunks of our cars, and all of the kids go from car to car "collecting" their candy. I hate it. It takes all of the fun out of Halloween for me. My dad used to scare the heck out of the trick or treaters when I was a kid. He loved to dress up, take the blade off of the chain saw and chase people with it ( it gives you a pretty scary buzz on the leg even with out the blade), and hang his dead deer, antelope, elk, or what ever he had been hunting up for all to see. He also loved to blow an air horn at just the right time to send kids running. He even set up spooky scenes on our deck and made us star in them. Those were the days.....
Anyway, think I'll buy little bags of candy corn. Hate that stuff!
WI tonight, I've been soooo good this week. Hoping for at least a 2 lb loss. Maybe 190's by WI on Monday!! Weekends are hard for me though. We've got a ton of repos to do, which means a lot of time in the car, fast food, and not enough h2o. I'm goona plan for it and be ready this time! Hope everyone has a great POP day! Katie
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 03:14 PM   #251  
Katie

We have quite a few haunted houses and haunted forest type set ups around here. I used to love going. Since most of our area is the same religion, and that religion deems Monday nights "Family Night" most people are celebrating Halloween on Friday night instead. Crazy, I know. Anyway, maybe I will get DH and some friends together and hit some spook alleys. Some screaming and running can't hurt the old diet!
BTW- A few years ago when I worked for our local domestic violence and sexual assault center, DH and I spearheaded a spook alley fundraiser. We called it CSI:Rexburg "So scary you'll pee your friends pants!" We thought it was funny, but the newspaper published an editorial on how offensive that was, and the school district refused to let us hand out our flyers. I still wonder, would it have been better to call it CSI:Rexburg "So scary you'll urinate your friends pants!"? Oh well, we had a blast doing it, and we did raise about 2 grand. Have a great day all, Katie
Old 10-14-2005, 03:16 PM   #252  

The last bona fide Halloween Carnival I went to was when I was in 3rd grade (way back in the 70s!) at my elementary school. My mom was the room mom in charge of the haunted house. I still remember her stuffing a scarecrow and hanging it by the neck from the classroom ceiling. It scared me soooo bad, but I was also proud because everyone thought my mom was the coolest! Even the sixth graders were scared!

My children (being preacher's kids) have never really gone trick-or-treating due to always being at the church's Fall Carnival. That is, until 2003 when my youngest DD wanted to go trick-or-treating. She had a beautiful Snow White costume she got from Santa from the Disney store and she wanted to wear it complete with black wig (she's a little blonde) and princess shoes. She said, "Mom, just one time in my life I want to say "trick or treat, smell my feet." So, I took her! We lived in a little small town and it was truly one of the most fun things we had ever done. It made me wonder why I had to wait until my youngest was 8 to dress her up and go beg candy! It was the night's social event, people in their yards - like one huge tailgating party! Of course, that was a small town...

I am so full of water I'm floating! Hope ya'll are having a great OP day!

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 04:01 PM   #253  

Thanks for that one Mary......hum........yuck
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 06:53 PM   #254  
Missing Ohio

Default Offenders

Hey Chickies, glad you all are having a great OP week. I have been job hunting and spending time on the job sites instead the weight loss sites. You know, first things first. Time really flies when you are reading job description after job description. It's all good though. Went on two interviews this week and won't hold my breath for others that I would like to go on. When they almost force you to disclose your salary, or you can't finish the post, that eliminates me in some instances. Noone wants to pay any money these days. I don't think that I will reach my goal this time. Today, I had a 4oz. cup of Dannon's yogurt, a turkey sandwich and fudiscle and for dinner Kickin Chicken strips and pinto beans. That won't get it.

Oh yeah, Marbear, my policeman brother sent that site to the family and I found out that 256 perverts live around me. How do you escape them when they are in the church, school, your neighbors and coworkers? Also, I would give the information on the fence jumper to the utility companies. Just before 911, some suspicious people were on my street asking for utility bills and when I refused and asked the guy to come back in fifteen minutes because I had to look for some, he tried to snatch my door open. I told him to stay right there until I come back. I was going to try and find my mother's 22 caliber and blow his butt off of my porch. He apologized and I still invited him to come back in fifteen minutes because I wanted the police to be here. He never showed back, but I called the police department, utility company, the tv and radio stations asking them to warn the elderly, plus this is how unsavory people establish new identities. I don't know why I'm so suspicious but gut instinct is usually right. My friends and family have always called me FBI agent Bre. After 911, family, friends and coworkers decided that they will start listening to me to Agent Bre because they heard on all the news reports that they terrorists established residency/identification by taking others IDs. Buy a shredder also. Just throwing your bills in the trash is asking for trouble.

Ladies, have a OP weekend if I don't talk/type to you before it ends.

later,
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 11:55 AM   #255  
Katie

Hi all,
Went to COD last night, down 2.8 lbs. Yahooooo!!! This means that if I play my cards right, by Monday I will be in the 190's, and shopping for that posh bedding that I promised myself when I meet this goal. I could not be happier this morning. Just gotta work hard this weekend. BTW, I have been drinking a gallon of water a day, mainly to make sure I had all of the sodium and stuff out of my system from Vegas, but I really wonder about keeping it up. How much do you guys drink? Katie