Old 10-11-2005, 04:46 PM   #181  

Chicks - don't forget - Biggest Loser is on tonight.....can't wait!!!
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 06:55 PM   #182  

Today my sister and I walked around Mall of America for hours and hours. I tried on lots of clothes and worked up a sweat (especially trying on bras--that's a workout)! So now I'm all set to start my new job tomorrow. Wish me luck. I'm so torn. I'm excited, but I don't want to go.
jmpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 07:58 PM   #183  
FirmingDi

S/C/G: 228/228/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone. Biggest Loser starts in 4 minutes and I'll be watching. Mary, I hear that basil is a power food so ENJOY! It's almost 7pm here and I haven't finished all my food yet for the day. I have a starch, fruit and 1/2 dairy left. I want to do something like apple crisp. Cinnamon is also a power food, so maybe I'll do that. Congrats on all the loses! I'm hoping to be down tomorrow.

diane
firmingdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 08:03 AM   #184  

Regarding Biggest Loser - I'm not sure that even the percentage thing with regard to weight loss is really fair. Women lose slower than men and just can't post those big numbers - especially when the men they are competing with are well over 300 pounds (with the smallest still bigger than the largest woman). I think it works best when the teams are co-ed.

And, by the way, I would have won the temptation. I was only off 30 calories on the burger/fries/milkshake calories!

I'm not sure what to eat for breakfast anymore. I've had yogurt, apple, and peanut butter a few times. That is good, but it doesn't say " breakfast" to me. I've had a bagel and I've had oatmeal and that is also good - but uses one of those precious starches. I think I need to review others food journals in that thread for some ideas.

Time to get the kiddos out of the house for school!

Jenn - good luck on your new job!

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 09:01 AM   #185  

Default Morning Pal Chicks......

It's hump day - oh-rah.......

Mary - Big Congrats on being down, you rock..... Oh and I didn't mean to sound like the exercise **** when I ask so bluntly about working out for your arms. I guess I met to tell you that I have been working on mine for about a year and a half and only now have I seen major results....for some reason the arms take extra TLC and especially if we (me) carry any extra weight. I agree that outdoor fun exercise beats machine stuff anyday

Jenn - Best of luck on your first day at work. I hope you are too busy to worry about your cutie pie.

Watched Biggest Loser, glad to see Suzanne go too, she wasn't my fav. She did look great in the after shots, she used what she learned - so good for her!
I can't believe the numbers that guys were losing - it's just not fair.......

Okay - have to run, hope some of you can stay out and play today......
Old 10-12-2005, 10:03 AM   #186  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Yeah, Mary!!! I hope the loss continues for you. On another note, how did you get your ticker to do tenths?
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:07 AM   #187  

mary - Yes, by 160/165 you will be a 12 - you rock...skinny pants! Lane Bryants is gonna miss ya chick......lol
Old 10-12-2005, 10:15 AM   #188  

Good morning everyone,

TOM is gone and i was 171.8 this morning (and i snacked on some peanuts and coolwhip at about 2AM..couldn't sleep) so I am kicking myself now, because i probably could be lower

Starting take off today. I'm doing unlimited veggies and protein. I will miss the sweet kick i get from the lites, but I would much rather be able to eat all day, than to have two lites and only 6 oz of protein for the day. Hope to be in the 160's by weekend (fingers crossed)

Question: I am having a bunless turkey burger for lunch, can i have onions and mushrooms on it?

Andi~ Try some non-conventional breakfast items. I am still tring to do this one myself, but there is no rule that says you can't have chicken or salad or a sandhich for breakfast and that helps with the eating big in the morning thing, so that your body will have time to work off the food. (plus it onfuses your body and helps with weightloss) But i know I can't seem to get off of the "normal' breakfast foods myself.

Jen~ good luck on the new job. keep us posted

Mary~ Way to go, looks like you are out of your rut and will be in the 170's in no time. (Maybe tommorow)
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:19 AM   #189  

Never mind, Mary...I figured out how you got your ticker...thanks anyway!
Old 10-12-2005, 10:22 AM   #190  

I still want to know. I want to show off my 171.8!
Old 10-12-2005, 10:24 AM   #191  

I clicked on her ticker and it took me to tickerfactory.com. Then when I was done configuring it, I copied and pasted the first box into my signature.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:23 AM   #192  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Hey chicks i dont have much time but wanted to stop by and let you guys know where i am lol. We have had major chaos at work so i havent had much extra time at all. Also i have had a lot of things at school that have kept me away from work too. Hopefully after next week (fall break) things will get back to normal for me so i can be back on here more. I have to leave in a few minutes to go on a fieldtrip for one of my classes of all things lol hey it gives me a day away from classes on campus so im cool with it. I should be able to pop in tomorrow sometime (crosses fingers) and catch up on post and whats going on with me but if not ill shoot for the end of next week. Going out of town over my extended weekend. Hope everyone is doing well and i will back with you guys shortly!

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 11:38 AM   #193  

thanks Tina, I figured it out

Yeah 171.8!!!!!
Old 10-12-2005, 12:03 PM   #194  

Hey chicks!

still sneezing, but not as groggy today. Still not pleased with my own scale news, but so happy for all you losers!

Made split pea soup yesterday -- feel the need for soup now that the weather is getting cooler -- also bought a package of tofu? now, any ideas on what I can do with it?

Star, OK, I saw both Dog episodes last night, and I still can't tell that Beth has had a tummy tuck - however, her face does look different between the two seasons. Maybe a face lift? although she's pretty young for that.

About the BL - I agree with you, Andi, I think that the men are probably more overweight than the women - and they are going to lose faster. Although the girls did do great last night, but boy, oh boy, the men were all almost in the double digits!

Shennie - you go for those onions and mushrooms - I would anyway -

Mary - you go girl! I see size 12's in your future soon!

Andi - I have a similar problem with breakfast - I don't usually know what to eat at all - when I did WW, I'd have soup! Could you do cereal and milk, or with yogurt and some fruit? Or have eggs with your 1/2 protein, or cottage cheese for protein?

Jenn, have my fingers crossed for you!

Carmen, how are you doing?

Hey, Britt, now what kind of field trip does a teacher go on?

We need a Fiona update! Are you still at the horse show?

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 12:30 PM   #195  
FirmingDi

S/C/G: 228/228/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Good Morning!

Hi all! Went to the COD today and I'm down 1.2 lbs since Friday - or 2.8 since last Wed. I'll take that since I've had such a hard time with the diet thing - notice I'm back where I started at. I would be happy with another 2.8 by next Wednesday. I'm trying hard to stay motivated and not too much in terms of "food meetings and outings" so I'm hoping I can lose even more by Friday. I want to get below 180!

Congrats to all on the loses! Mary, we're pretty close. Were you about 5'7" too? If so, I was in 12s and even some 10s around 155-160. Keep up the great work!

I saw biggest loser too. I agree that Susan needed to go, but it was extra motivating to see her after pictures. She looks great and younger! I must do that!

Hope all have a good day!

diane
firmingdi is offline   Reply With Quote