Old 09-06-2005, 10:09 PM   #91  

Mary Bear - I cut my hair short about 6 months ago, and I get more compliments since I did it...!!! I also was always afraid that really short hair would make me look like a pinhead, but so far everyone seems to think it looks really good. There is a picture of me (and my mom) on my dad's digital camera from the party a few weeks back, I'll have to post it after he uploads them onto their computer, so you all can see.

Fiona

P.S. for those of you who read my whiny post/thread, I'm feeling much more "with it" today. Not sure what was going on with me yesterday! Still not entirely OP, but since the thought of trying to get 100% OP still stresses me out, I'm shooting for baby steps back toward POP. Just now, I ate a fruit cup instead of the last of the cookies - go me!
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 10:55 PM   #92  

Mary,
I found the Luna bars you mentioned on ebay. Which flavors do you like?
Can you also get them at GNC stores?
Thanks
Leah

PS..I'm not very "techno savvy" How do y'all have the cute pictures by your names on the forum?
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 11:43 PM   #93  

Good Job Wrigley!
I'm challenged by many of you having Halloween goals. I think setting a goal will definitely help me out, so I look at my calendar, and I'm shooting for 14 lbs. by Halloween which may be optimistic, but I need to challenge myself to stick with it!!!!!!!!!!
Any one have tips on how to get all the water in if you're not a water drinker normally.
Leah
Old 09-06-2005, 11:46 PM   #94  

I put a little lemon in my water. It seems to go down better that way.
emmabenmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 11:49 PM   #95  

And those cute little pictures by your name are called avatars. I just found that out too! I just googled avatars, found an avatar web site and then found the cute bunny and imported it. Does that make any sense to you?
Old 09-07-2005, 12:06 AM   #96  

Wanted to check in. My kitchen is still not done so maintaining an ability to stay OP has been a challenge! Had a great counselor today and was glad I went. Despite having gone to a wedding with the DBF and meeting not one, but two ex's of his....I lost a bit.

Hope all are well....there is no way I can catch up!!
solocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 12:58 AM   #97  

I've been reading the recipes for ideas. Can you use peanut butter as a protein? If so, how much=1protein?
Thanks
Leah
Old 09-07-2005, 09:04 AM   #98  

Hi everyone. I've been MIA but still here and can't seem to get caught up on all the posts. I didn't make it to my goal for the class reunion which is coming up on Sat, Sept 10th, then on Sun, Sept 11th I'm headed from NY to MA for a week of training. Oh, about the goal thing and my class reunion. I'm pretty happy with my progress and TG my class reunion is year and I'm at least 35 lbs lighter than a year ago. The reunion is a Pig Roast so I don't have to dress fancy, but I'm going shopping on Friday to see if I can find something different to wear. Hugs to everyone, and if I have time later to read all the posts I'll be back on the board. Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 09:51 AM   #99  

Leah -

For my purple plan 3 TBSP of peanut butter = one protein.
solocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 09:52 AM   #100  

Morning, chicks!

Scale finally went to 192 today. I'm still aiming for hitting 189 in the next ten days - hopefully, now that TOM is ALMOST over I'll make it. My sore throat seems to be moving up to my nose . . .but it may just be that I'm affected by all the junk in the air - no rain for about a week or so here!

About the hair cut - I hate getting my hair cut, but when I do, it's usually chin length, and I get the 'how young you look' comments. However, when it's short, it does seem to have some sort of natural wave. . .

Leah - 3tbsp PB = 1 Protein on Purple. I'm not sure what it is on gold - maybe 1 1/2 tbsp or 2? Also, I find luna bars almost everywhere - they have them in my grocery store by the sports nutrition bars -- actually I've used almost any bar that's between 180 and 220 cals with at least 8 grms of protein - pria bars, etc. ..
About the water - can you try to incorporate it with something you do already - like drink a glass before lunch, before a snack, etc. . . after a while you'll start to crave it.

Hi Sy! I'm sure you're going to have a fab time at the reunion! I think MA will be beautiful this time of year. Have the leaves started to turn yet up where you are? I've got some color now - just the beginnings.. .

Hi Fiona - good job on taking the baby steps!

Cathy - I'm impressed that both ex's were at the wedding - how did your dress look? And when will that kitchen finally be done?

Mary - there is no magic hint -- we all just have these times when the weight comes off slower than others -- have you tried to eat your starches before 4:00? Didn't you just shift to gold? where are you in your monthly cycle? Are there other signs besides the scale that things are changing - are your clothes fitting looser? The only other hint is try to add some cardio to your schedule - can you take your son on a walk in a stroller?

Regina - where are you off to on your cruise? Wow - 45 pounds since June - that's fantastic! Can't give you any help on what to see in LA, unfortunately.

Emma -welcome!

Hi to all you other chicks!
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 09:53 AM   #101  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah AU mom
THanks for the insight Mary...Luna Bars? I know you mentioned ebay. Do you know of anywhere else you can buy them?
Leah
I'm behind on reading the thread but you also can buy from amazon.com. Sometimes they have really good sales on them.
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:25 AM   #102  

Marbear: About the magic secret. It's within us and within you! That is the only magic secret that I can think of. And, if I/we keep telling myself/ourselves that, I'll/we'll find it! I keep telling myself, if your sticking to plan, you will lose. If you keep a positive attitude, you will lose. If you weigh and measure you will lose. But most important, if you don't give up and you will lose and eventually find that magic secret. SUCCESS! I feel like I've ALMOST found the magic key to the magic door, but I'm not ready to enter the magic kingdom or I would be at my goal by now. I have all the tools available to me, and I occassionally forget to use them (or don't want to at the time). Don't look at it was only 3 lbs in 30 days, look at the big picture. I'm happy that I've come this far, but won't be fulfilled until I reach my LAWL goal which has been within 10 lbs since Dec 2004. I'm confident you will see a change at the scale any day now. Hugs, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:44 AM   #103  

Sy,
You are so inspirational! Thank you!
Chrisy
Old 09-07-2005, 10:47 AM   #104  

Sy - that is the magic secret - not to give up! when we don't see the results -- but to try to trust that eventually the weight will come off.

And for me, to realize, or to try to realize, that eating clean is much better for me than not --

Chrisy - love the jumping rabbit -- where are you in Arkansas?
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:55 AM   #105  

I live just north of Little Rock. Just moved here from TX.
Chrisy