Old 09-06-2005, 01:13 PM   #76  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

I was going to do that today, but boss is still out of town. I will this week, maybe tomorrow. Kind of not looking forward to it, but i have to tell her. Yes, it can be overwhelming, i started a little over the weekend, but not as much as i should have done. I'm sorting for a yard sale, so it's kind of hard. But it'll get done.
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 01:18 PM   #77  

I guess you can also turn stuff into places collecting for the Katrina refugee's? Is your area getting any? AFter the yard sale?
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 01:53 PM   #78  

Mary, I'm not sure, but is green one less fruit and one veg? If this is a weight that you've stalled at before, it may just be that it'll take time to get past it. I have those points - like now! It's been months (and a few trips) since I've been past 193. I think we all have these stubborn points. (Hopefully after TOM passes. . .)

What's a days eating look like? care to post what you ate yesterday?
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 02:11 PM   #79  

I started stablization today. The counselor was new and didn't know anything about it (in fact, if I hadn't said something, she wouldn't have even noticed I was below my goal weight). The information they gave me seems to be based on the old plans, as some of the "new" choices listed are things that are already in my plan (red grapes, pears, etc.), and it talks about the green and gold plans having 4 oz dairy servings where mine has been 8 oz all along. Does anyone know if there is updated stabilization info, or do I just muddle along with this?

Thanks,
Mary B.
boyerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 02:18 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbear
boyerm-I am mary b. too (b for brown). This is confusing!
Hmm. Maybe I'll have to adopt a nickname!
boyerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 02:22 PM   #81  

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyerm
I started stablization today. The counselor was new and didn't know anything about it (in fact, if I hadn't said something, she wouldn't have even noticed I was below my goal weight). The information they gave me seems to be based on the old plans, as some of the "new" choices listed are things that are already in my plan (red grapes, pears, etc.), and it talks about the green and gold plans having 4 oz dairy servings where mine has been 8 oz all along. Does anyone know if there is updated stabilization info, or do I just muddle along with this?

Thanks,
Mary B.
I had to use the old information too. They told me that they didn't have any updated information. I'm on about week 9 of maintenance. I just had to do the best I could with what they gave me.
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 03:33 PM   #82  

Smile

Hi Mary,
Yes AU does stand for Auburn--- Hated losing to GT Saturday. My brother went to Tech which makes it worse.

Julie,
Thanks for the info. on TO. I guess I'm going to LAWL on my own this time, since I feel really stupid that I paid all that money, went to the center so many times, met my goal and now have let the lbs. creep back on me by not sticking with eating the way I know I need to. I will be getting the LA lites from someone who works at the center.
I'm glad I found this site. I'll be reading what y'all talk about to keep me going. I'm going to start tomorrow (no, I really am) with the meat and veggies for a couple of days then get back to the gold plan.
Have a great day!

Leah
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 05:11 PM   #83  
FirmingDi

S/C/G: 228/228/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone. Haven't been on the board - or on plan - for a while. Really trying to track everything and stay on plan. Just wanted to drop in and say hi. I'll catch up and post later.
firmingdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 05:40 PM   #84  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbear
I got my hair cut today. It is WAY short. I have this thing where I feel big-butted people need more hair to balance their butt, so I don't know how I feel. It looks good from the front, but I am worried about the side/back view.
so that's why I like my hair long...
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 06:34 PM   #85  

I have short hair and a very big butt.

I'm sure you look adorable.
jmpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 09:20 PM   #86  

THanks for the insight Mary...Luna Bars? I know you mentioned ebay. Do you know of anywhere else you can buy them?
Leah
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 09:31 PM   #87  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Hi Leah .... I am not Mary, but I know the answer to your question ...LOL You can buy Luna bars at Wal-Mart and Target ... and I am sure other places as well ...
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 10:26 PM   #88  

Hi all! I hope everyone had a great weekend.

No one mentioned anything about the challenge that our center had for the holiday weekend, so I guess not all centers had it. If you weighed in on Friday or Saturday and then returned today and showed a 1 pound loss, you received a store credit of $10.00. I was so happy to step on the scale and see a 2.2 pound loss because it sure didn't show up on my scale at home! What a nice surprise! I also saw an advertisement on the TV today that the weeks are on "special" this week, $5. It seems that those weeks are on sale every other week!

I had a personal goal to get to 245 by next Monday because we are going on a cruise with lots of other people. I felt that if I could get to 245 (lowest weight in about 15 years) that would be a good incentive to behave myself next week on the ship. It also put me at a 45 pound loss (since June 1) and now I can strive for 50. What a great goal to be working on while on a cruise, huh?

We are going to fly in early to LA and do the tourist thing for a couple of days. Does anyone have any "must see" and or "must do" for me? It's been a long time since I've been to LA and I would imagine it has changed a lot since 1974.

Michele ~ I don't envy you having to pack and move. I hate it! When we moved to OK from CA, we moved from a 2-story, 4-bedroom home to a 12x60 mobile home. What a shock! A lot of our stuff had to be stored outside in sheds that leaked and most of it got ruined. It's funny because I don't miss it now, but I cried as I threw away all my yearbooks from high school. After all, they were antiques!

Everyone have a great night and I'll check back with y'all tomorrow.
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 10:59 PM   #89  
Missing Ohio

Default Short Hair

Marbear - I had my hair cut short last Saturday also and put it off for along time because I feel that my face is too fat/round. Well, I'm cute anyway and have received compliments that I look beautiful and young (and one compliment came from a brother). Go figure. Could be that I've been hiding behind the hair

I'm off to walk the puppy one more time (I hope).

later,
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 11:09 PM   #90  

I just want to let everyone know that I lost 4.2 LBS when I went to WI today.
I am feeling a little better with the whole diet now.
Wrigley is offline   Reply With Quote