Old 09-07-2005, 02:58 PM   #121  

Carmen - you take care of yourself, sweetie! Have you tried cottage cheese? Although, I certainly understand the need to pamper yourself.

Mary, about the pizza, personally, if it was less in cals than a frozen LC pizza, I'd count it as a P&S, and not worry about the fat. But I don't think you're wrong doing it the way you are.

Also, I agree that the spiel about needing carb blocker pill before a CC meal is a way to get us to buy them. They don't recommend taking them before a LC/HC meal, do they? And I use those fairly often - some weeks more than others.
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 03:02 PM   #122  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Julie - I despise cottage cheese with every fiber of my being. I find it putrid and vile, like my MIL.

Okay Chickies - I have a bus to catch. I will see you all tomorrow. Have a great OP evening everyone!

Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 03:25 PM   #123  
Missing Ohio

Default Heart Attack

Carmen - I'm so glad that you didn't have a heart attack and are on the mend. Make sure they check your thyroid, because I went around in circles for years with palpitations, etc., until one day I went to a woman doctor who walked into the exam room and said, 'you're being treated for your thyroid aren't you.' I started to cry and she took me to the mirror and showed me how obvious it was when I swallowed. You won't believe the number of doctors that I went to about my problem and as you can probably guess, I don't trust them completely either. My anxiety, shortness of breath, palpitations, etc. were because of the hypothyroidism, which was originally hyperthyroidism and that puzzled the poor doc. Same thing with an inner ear problem. Went to three doctors before a physicians assistant finally knew what the problem was and I was finally treated for it. I wonder sometimes if they all bought their degrees like some of the executives at my last company did. VPs paying others to go to school for them and all they had to do was use connections and social skills to get over. Anyhu, enough of that. Get well and come on back strong.

Welcome to the newbies and a big high five to the losers/maintainers.

later,
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 04:01 PM   #124  

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chklithunder
Julie - I despise cottage cheese with every fiber of my being. I find it putrid and vile, like my MIL.
I don't like cottage cheese either except in lasanga......
But there are alot of things allowed on LAWL that I feel the same way about. I'm extremely picky. I thought at lunch today "Do I have to eat all of this broccoli?" "If I do, I might hurl"; but then I ate it anyway knowing that it would be over soon.

I'm glad you are ok. I can imagine the embarassment though. The only time I've been in an ambulance was when this guy, I dated briefly, went bonkers and choked me. I was in the ambulance with a t-shirt, pajama pants, and underwear; no bra, no shoes, no purse, and I was hypervenilating. To top it all off, he wouldn't come out of the house so the sheriffs had the house surounded with shot guns. Looked like something off cops! All I could think about was the headlines that might pop up in my small town paper....

Last edited by MetalChic; 09-07-2005 at 04:06 PM.
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 04:12 PM   #125  

Karen - Wasn't that a made for tv movie? Glad you made it out Chickie!
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 04:18 PM   #126  

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star
Karen - Wasn't that a made for tv movie? Glad you made it out Chickie!
You would think.... The neighbor called me the next day wanting to know what went on while his family slept. M%#$*^F&@!$^ went to jail, and the only time I had to see him after that was in court.

Maybe I should start writing about my life for Lifetime. Remember I have X-H stories too......
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 04:21 PM   #127  

Don't tease my interest - you know Lifetime is my favorite channel. Ofcourse DH hates it - hence - 2 tv's.........
You probably should write a book, I would buy it for sure!
Old 09-07-2005, 04:22 PM   #128  

Tonight is my second class of Jazzercise - oh-rah.....
Old 09-07-2005, 08:19 PM   #129  

Carmen
Thanks!! The thing that is the worst is that we just moved from Chicago not even a year ago, but we decided that we like it here and plan on staying, now if only I knew what I was going to do for a job.

Today was a stressful day at the office, and I am sure it will be for a another 7 days if not longer.

Congrats to all that have lost this week!!!

Happy Wednesday!!
Wrigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 09:38 PM   #130  

Wow, there is definitely a lot going on with this group!!!!!!!
Karen, I just noticed you have met your goal. I don't know how long ago that was since I am new here, but congrats!!!!!!!! I'm sure you feel great! My goal is to get back to 140. Clothes felt good at that weight, and I just felt better. It's hard for me to make time to exercise with carpool, 2 yr. old at home, and home based photography business, so I am challenging myself, and in the morning, I am going to walk at 5 am. --NOt normally a morning person, but I think it will help me to stay OP.

Carmen, so glad you didn't have a heart attack.
Hope you feel better soon!

MAry, Thanks for the water tip. I'll try some different

Love the inspiration from everyone's experiences.
Good night.
Leah
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 09:45 PM   #131  

I'm trying to figure out all these tools. I think this weight tracker will help me...to see my weight change.
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:19 PM   #132  

Leah:

Can I ask you how tall you are? My goal is also 140, but I'm not sure if that's practical for my 5'8" frame...
jmpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 11:34 PM   #133  

Wow, Carmen! That had to be scary at the time! I'm so glad you are okay. Add that reflux to the list of reasons to get healthy!

Star, I'm glad to see you are here. I was wondering yesterday where you were.

Julie, We are going from Long Beach, sailing to Catalina Island and then to Ensenada. I am really looking forward to the cruise because a bunch from my church, my uncle's church, a sister church in Phoenix, and my mom will be along for the ride. I'm looking forward to seeing Catalina because I never have.

C'mon Karen, give more details! Since Ruby hasn't been here to keep us all entertained, I've been having reading withdrawals. Has anyone talked with her and Rusty/Karen lately? I sure miss them!

Our air conditioner is on the fritz. The compressor went out yesterday, we didn't notice it until last night, too late for a house call. The service man came out today and said he has to order one. It should be here tomorrow or Friday. I don't tolerate heat well and am puffing up like a toad frog! It is now "down" to 85 in the house. I have a box fan in front of the sliding glass door (that is open) and hope it gets down to 68 tonight like they say it is supposed to. I didn't sleep well last night and am not looking forward to another sleepless night. Our daughter is like me and doesn't tolerate it well either, so she is quite cranky. She is 27 but you'd think she was 12.

I think I'll go to bed and try to get some sleep. Goodnight all!
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 11:36 PM   #134  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpike
Leah:

Can I ask you how tall you are? My goal is also 140, but I'm not sure if that's practical for my 5'8" frame...
Jenn, I am 5'4" and if I weighed 140 everyone would think I was sick. Is that a weight you were comfortable with in the past? I'd be really happy at 165. That's what I was when I met hubby.
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 12:02 AM   #135  

Jenn - just to butt in with my two cents here . . . I'm 5'10" and my goal is 180. I was 170 when I was in university and met my husband and I remember thinking I was fat then. I look at pictures, though, and I would kill to look like that again! I just chose 180 because I thought it was more attainable after having three children and that's all I wanted to pay LAWL for at the time! BTW, the chart my doctor has says that 170 is a good weight for my height.

Stacey
staceyd is offline   Reply With Quote