Old 09-09-2005, 10:54 AM   #166  

Juliemarie - That is so exciting! I'm sure the church people noticed you lost but didn't want to say anything. People are funny about what to say. I'm sure all the attention was nice, did you blush? Next thing you know they will be asking you to do a solo.....lol

A date with dinner and dancing? You go girl! Keep us posted on how that works out and if he's a nice guy. doesn't sound like you need 'luck' sounds like it's just your turn. Have fun!

Mary - too bad about the reaction to the cat. People with pets should either keep their house clean or not invite people over. I have a very good friend that has two big hairy dogs and if you go to her house you get covered with dog hair. That goes for her car too, becuz she takes them on rides real often. I use to carpool with her and when she drove I would have to take a beach towel from home everyday to cover the dog hair....it was gross.
About your friend adjusting her babies schedule to meet hers. Well I have known parents to do that before. I guess it's okay as long as the baby gets enuf sleep and the schedule would certainly have to change before the baby starts school. But what do I know, that was so many years ago......
later.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 11:11 AM   #167  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Default Tgif

Hi Everyone.

Nothing much to report on my end. I think I have cramps but I can't be sure because I am taking meds that are also pain killers. I know TOM is on its way because I have all the other symptoms AND I am a week late.

Today is swim day for me and the DSs. I told the DSs that I would take them but that I did not plan on swimming, because I'm not supposed to do anything strenuous for 2 weeks. My youngest goes "well Mom, maybe you can just get in the water and walk around or something." He's slick, because he knows if I hit the water its over. Plus, why risk messing up my hair if I'm not going to swim? So, maybe what I'll do is just sit on the edge with my feet in...idunno.

Let's see...this weekend the Browns are playing the Bengals, and though we are not favored, we are going to whoop some serious tiger butt. Also, they are reporting that we should see our first Katrina evacuees tomorrow. Should be interesting, seeing as the original thoughts were that none of them wanted to come here because it was too far away from home for them. That's understandable. I would HATE to be in that predicament. Man I feel so bad for them all.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 11:39 AM   #168  
Choc Thunder

Well I think the mayor of Cleveland is a joke, but I must admit she seems to have a good plan for the handling of the evacuees here. Initially they are going to the convention center, but she says she doesn't anticipate them being there even as long as 2 weeks. She says her goal is to have everyone settled in one week. Pretty agressive, but her plan seems sound enough. She has lined up 1100 apartments that are ready for occupation, and has already arranged for federal housing vouchers to cover the rents, but for how long I don't know. They are only expecting a total of 500 evacuees, and given the small number of them, getting them settled in a short time should be doable.

About Dr. Phil - I really can't comment. I don't follow him or his work, but I think his personal life is his own, and at the end of the day he will have to answer to his own demons. As for his wife attacking him on a website, I wonder what she stands to gain from her actions? It seems that it would be enough for her to be glad that she is rid of him. JMHO.

Last edited by Chklithunder; 09-09-2005 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:50 AM   #169  

Carmen - Hey thanks for that awesome link from Mrs. Jim - you all should check that out! It just confirms what we already know, but reading it is great support!

Mary - Oh my gosh, I had forgotten about Matress Mac, wasn't his place under a big tent like thing on the side of some freeway? Or am I getting him mixed up with someone else? That brings back memories of Marvin Zinnsler? lol
Anyhow I saw Dr. Phil too, but didn't give him much thought.

Michigan has also gotten some Katrina evacuees, getting them homes, jobs, schools, etc. It was funny when people were offering living arrangements here, they didn't make our area sound very inviting, but I guess the people in need aren't looking for a vacation spot, right?

later.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:18 PM   #170  

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbear
y'all please hope the fat fairy comes and collects a few of her kids tonight from my house.
"The Fat Fairy"!!!!!!!!!!!! That's probably one of the funniest visions I've ever had!

Go Fat Fairy, Go! Visit Mary! Rid her of your minions!!!
jmpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 01:35 PM   #171  
Choc Thunder

Mary - I see your point about Dr. Phil and his infidelities. I was simply crushed when the news broke about Jesse Jackson's illegitimate child. But then I had to remember all the people he's helped, and all the good he's done and pity those closest to him. If you admired Dr. Phil for anything, maybe now you would want to pray for him for not being able to be true to himself. I think its a waste of time and effort for his ex to pour herself into trying to destroy him. That would give him wayyy more power over her than he deserves. What's the point? Revenge? Okay, she exposed him...now what? Is his life's work going to be undone? The good advice retracted? And as for the old MIL, if anyone ever valued her opinion , I'd be praying for them as well, cuz they'd surely need it.

The fat fairy... If you see her, send her up north, okay???
Old 09-09-2005, 02:10 PM   #172  
234/165.8/160

Way to go Linda!!! That is such a great accomplishment....keep up the good work!!!!
auditgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 02:22 PM   #173  

I need some of that fat fairy magic dust and Maybe even the fat fairy will come in my sleep. I'm going to weigh in the a.m. to see if TO has gotten me off to a good re-start.
Walked with my 2 yr old in the stroller today. He really likes to walk himself instead of riding, but I got a little exercise in. I'll have to do the 5:30 am to really enjoy it and make it worth while. Jackson is fun, but it's hard to sweat and get the old heart rate up when I have to keep stopping to keep him from crawling out of the stroller.
Way to go Linda on the lbs. lost. Keep it up!
Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!!!!!
Leah
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 03:32 PM   #174  

I'm really bummed out today. I have been on LAWL for 3 months and lost 25lbs. I'm estatic about that. I've had issues with my cholesterol for most of my adult life, but my HDL and LDL were always good, so that didn't worry the dr. alot. Well, just before I started LAWL I found out I had diabetes. It's well under control with my diet, but I got the results back of my recent blood work and my cholesterol and LDL are still really high. I don't know what else I can do. I really don't want to be put on medication. I go to the Dr. on Tues. to talk to her. I'm just really down in the poopers today.

Hope the rest of you are having a great day
Jewel
Julinstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 03:48 PM   #175  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Jewel, hang in there. You have done so well! 25# is a LOT!!! And i think your cholesterol could only improve as your weight and diet improves...?? Talk to the dr. about your concerns and not wanting to go on meds and hopefully she'll listen to you and you'll find something that will work for you. Mention your cholesterol to you LA counselor too, perhaps they have some suggestions to tailor your plan to watch the cholesterol.
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 03:57 PM   #176  

Jewel = I had a non-fasting bloodwork done and my cholesterol was also high, but don't know if that was due to non-fasting or not. I go to the Doctor at months end and will find out. I was also surprised it would be high (even non-fasting) being on LA. Then if I'm honest I wasn't really on it for a month there right prior to the test.
My doctor will probably want to retake the bloodwork since it wasn't her that ordered it anyhow.
Leah - Jackson is a cute name! We had a regular poster on here before that had a baby named Jackson. She reached goal and doesn't post anymore. I think I heard she's pg again.
Michele - Any more news or plans about moving? Maybe you dicided to stay?
Where's Julie today?
Old 09-09-2005, 04:04 PM   #177  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

No Star, I'm not staying. I'm moving the 2nd weekend of Oct. My dear sweet momma if flying out and driving back with me! I'm so excited, it'll be fun with my mom, watch out road, here we come. I'm trying to pack and get things ready for a big yard sale. I'm selling a bunch of stuff, like a perfectly good computer table, won't need it, and some furniture, all kind of used, and knick knacks, i'm purging myself of "stuff" and hopefully i'll get some gas money. Lot's to do....stressful.
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 04:05 PM   #178  

"The fat fairy... If you see her, send her up north, okay???"

Okay after she hits Ohio, Michigan is next. Have her mapquest me at
8888 Seaward N, Port Austin, MI 48099
I'll leave her cookies and milk.....

Michele - you will probably make alot of cash. We had one when we downsized and made almost $500, just on junk....Your road trip sounds like real fun! You'll have to keep notes and report it all to us when you get settled....

Last edited by Star; 09-09-2005 at 04:08 PM.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:09 PM   #179  

Jewel:

I know you're bummed about it, but being on meds for cholesterol isn't a bad thing. Many people can't get their cholesterol down even with diet and exercise and go on meds. In fact, there are lots of doctors out there who don't even have high cholesterol, but take the medicines anyway because it lowers risk of heart disease and heart attacks regardless.

Good luck. And CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss.
jmpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 04:20 PM   #180  

Okay so I thought I would tell you all what my plans for the weekend are and how I'm gonna stay on plan..

Tomorrow DH doesn't work and we are getting up at 7am and going to an antique show at a nearby park. I will drink water and coffee while there.
At 10am we are meeting our friend Trina#2 for breakfast (do this about once a month). I order 2 eggs and an english muffin (only eat 1/2) and ofcourse coffee/water. I will take some fruit and bar with me in case we get side tracked from there.
No events for Sunday. I'm gonna try and get DH to go walk with me on the fitness trail. The weather here is beautiful.