Old 09-13-2005, 05:42 PM   #241  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

OK So DH did well with the clothes, so I'm off to cheer the Indians on to v-i-c-t-o-r-y! You ladies have a great evening.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 08:10 PM   #242  

Hi everyone,
Glad to see eveyone is such great spirits.

I made a "taco" salad this weekend that was delicious

Ground turkey w/ chili powder, paparika, cumin, lite salt, minced onions, red pepper, and garlic
add lettuce, tomatoe, 2% cheese, and top it off with lowfat catalina

To me it tastes best when the meat is cold, and since it is turkey, you don't have to worry about seeing all of that grease when it is cold.

Makes me alomost forget that I am eating healthy
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 08:48 PM   #243  

Tonight I made lasagna for the rest of my family. For me, I browned my portion of beef with onion, garlic, and Italian seasoning. I put that in a casserole dish and layered it with chopped tomato and some mushrooms and sprinked a little bit of part-skim mozzarella cheese and popped that into the oven when the lasagna was almost done. It was very good. Probably not as good as the lasagna, but still good.
jmpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 09:33 PM   #244  

Shennie and Mary: Your making me want to cook something and I'm away in trainnig and no access to a stove until I get home. I do just about the same when I make my tthanurkey tacos over lettuce. What I do is add some low sodium beef broth to make some 'gravy' and about 1-2 Tlbs of tomato paste to make it a little thick, sticks to the lettuce real nice. Never tried the Catalina, I like salsa myself. I'll try to Catalina next time to see how it tastes (thanks for the idea Shennie).

Mary, way to go with all the compliments, I'm happy for you.

Julie, great minds think alike. As soon as I got to the training room, I put my bag of goodies on 'instructor's table (but didn't mention him bringing it home to D Mom ).

Star: I must have mis-read something. Your such a cutie.

Hey, I just changed the channel and I see that BL is on. Wish I would have saw it from the beginning. At least I get to see the end.

Carm: Go Indians!

Michelle: I miss something. Where are you moving to? And why? I'm lost.

jmpike: Your dinner sounds great to me. If you like zucchini, you could have sliced it thin the long way and layered that instead of noddles as your 'lasagna' and add the remaining ingredents that you added. Yum.

You know, it's only been 2 1/2 days that I've had to eat out and I'm sick of it already. I like making my own food and miss it. I know - it probably sounds sick to some but for me - it's really hard to try to stick OP while eatting out everyday. I'm trying to make the best choics but it's really hard.

Julie: Don't know if you like them or not, but I know they are available in your area. I've tried crab cakes twice here so far and they cannot compare to any crab cakes I've had in MD or SC. I prefer them broiled or baked without lots of filler, but that is the way they make them here even when they say they are homemade. I did have broiled haddock and they did a nice job on that. I stayed away from the rice and potatoes and fries. Now, if the crab cakes were not fried, I would have had a much healthier dinner. I should have asked - I'll remember that for next time.

Well, I should get some rest. Take care everyone. Hugs, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 11:31 PM   #245  

Off topic...I'm bummed! For the last four months I've been drooling over this HUUUUGE potential RE sale - talking in the $$$millions$$$ here! But I think the whole thing just crumbled because either my contact didn't have his facts straight or enjoys jerking people's chains. The story I was told was that this piece of property was multiple acres with one tiny falling-down house on it, and investors were beating down the door to buy it, but he couldn't sell until the actual owner, his Grandma, passed away. Well, according to the property tax records, the CITY already owns the property, they are just waiting for the Grandma to die (sorry to be blunt) before they can legally take posesssion. So as far as I can see it, there's no property TO sell. BLAH!!! I've forwarded the tax records to a guy I know who knows a thing or two about zoning laws and stuff, just to make sure, but I'm pretty much kissing the deal goodbye mentally so I can get back to focusing on real life. Oh well, easy come, easy go, right?

...this concludes our special edition of As Fiona's World Turns....

Fiona

P.S. Did anybody catch the BL premier tonight??? I totally forgot it was on and DH and I went out to dinner...I'm praying for a repeat airing...
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 08:04 AM   #246  

Mary:

I remember seeing that movie as a little girl. I think it warped me forever. To this day, I cannot put any clothing on a wire hanger and I HATE it when my husband does! But I would never make my kids give away all their toys (though I make them weed them out before birthdays and Christmas just to make room) nor would I beat them with a wire hanger if they used one.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:56 AM   #247  

Hello Chicks - Happy Hump Day....

I watched Biggest Loser last night, it made me feel really skinny....lol
I never knew policemen and women could be so overweight and keep their jobs?
The teams are girls vs. boys.....the boys are ofcourse bigger...
However the girls won last night and the boys had to send one home. they sent Ruben home, they said he wasn't a team player and a slcaker. They showed him after he was kicked off and dieting on his own. WOW he lost 63 pounds and looked downright HOT. (He was the thinnest male anyhow)....
They did show them, at the beginning of the show, going into a room of temptation, where tables of their favortie bad, fattening foods were piled high. Then they let them eat that as their last splurge...you should have seen them, they were really eating like pigs. The girl cop actually licked the chocolate fountain.......Then they all claimed to be sick...DUH?
There is a male doctor on there that weighs 370, he said he wants to lose the weight forf his patients - so they wll look up to him.....
Anyhow, it was pretty good......I wish I could go somewhere like that...
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 09:00 AM   #248  

Height: 5' 4"

Good Morning Ladies!

I seen Mommie Dearest when I was a little girl too. My mom is a b*^@$ and when she was mean I would call her Mommie Dearest. She HATED it when I did that.

Aren't I the devil?
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 09:39 AM   #249  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Morning chickies!!!!

I was not OP yesterday since i was all over the place and ended up having fast food and getting the cheapest choices and you know what that means right not healthy choices. But i do think however i will be down at WI this morning maybe just not the 1.5lbs that was my goal. However i will be going to WI. OH CRAP i just realized i have on jeans today and nothing that i can WI oh well guess i will stop by target and grab a pair of shorts and a shirt. I should of thought about that before hand. oh well it will still work out lol. I will let you know how i did after WI of course.

Julie/Fiona
i love the idea about the money reward system for exercising or whatever and fiona the play money is a good idea i think i will start this and do it for exercise, getting all my water in (since that is a problem right now) and being POP (meaning getting all my food in). I will try this till the end of the month and see what happens. i have the opportunity to make $3 a day hummm.

Star
I agree it could become an excuse thing cause i really like my sleep in the morning lol. I did manage to walk on my treadmill last night for 15 minutes hey its a start right.

Carmen
Hope you had fun at the game and glad to hear that the hubby made a good choice in clothing how brave of you!

JulieMarie
that sounds soooo good I will have to try that. Did you come up with this on your own or is it in the cookbook?

Jenn
how impressive that you were able to not have the lasagna with the family but do your own thing WTG Girl!!

well i guess i need to run so i can go hit target and find me a WI outfit. I will check back in after WI.

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 09:47 AM   #250  

Britt - Good for you on starting to fit in exercise again...one small step at a time......oh-rah!!!
Old 09-14-2005, 09:52 AM   #251  

Default Advise me, Wise Ones...

I have a dilemma. My birthday is coming up. I'm one of those annoying people who really like their birthday and think it really ought to be a holiday. Anyway, my kids want to make me a birthday cake. I tried to tell them it's not on my diet, but they REALLY want to make one and how can I not let them?

What do I do? I don't want to hurt their feelings 'cause I can't afford the therapy later, but I don't want chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and sprinkles around 'cause I KNOW I can't resist that.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:57 AM   #252  

Height: 5' 4"

Jenn, on the "Free to Live Plan" the tip cards have birthday cake at 2 starches and 1 fat. I would just count the cake this way and enjoy my b-day.

Happy future Birthday!
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 10:08 AM   #253  

Jenn- You got that right, birthdays are big time celebrations at my house...lol

My advice - Ditto on Karen's advice.......
Old 09-14-2005, 10:39 AM   #254  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone.

WOO HOO! What a great game. The DSs had a wonderful time, and so did we. Our seats were pheNOmenal. I managed to make decent choices yesterday at the game. I didn't have a chance to have dinner since I went straight from work to the ballpark, so I was a little hungry. For a drink I got a 16 oz. bottle of water for nearly $4, and a kid's size popcorn, of which I ate about half. On the way home, we stopped by BK where I ordered a Whopper, no cheese, no mayo, and then I also took off the bottom portion of the bun. THANK YOU to whoever suggested that in the posts, as I would never have thought of that. TOM is here in all his fury, but I plan to go to the COD for a quickie WI and to pickup some more bars. Can't stay too long, because I have a PTO meeting tonight at 6. It will be a push but...

Mary - you ROCK! WTG on the loss and the NSV with his cousin asking how you got skinny.

Jenn - Wow I have not been able to resist lasagna yet. I've encountered it twice since I've been on LA, and both times I caved, not a lot, but still... About the birthday cake, I also would save your starches and fat and have that cake, unless you think having it around afterwards would be too much to bear. I think it is so sweet of your kids to make a cake for you. Enjoy!

Britt - I admire your strong resolve to rededicate yourself. I wish I were half as resilient as you are.

SY - Good for you re: putting the snack bag back at the front of the room. While you're on the road, does DH ever get the chance to come with? I know I said this before, but I would LOVE a job where I got the chance to go to different places and meet new people often.

Star - I have never seen BL and want to check it out. What channel does it come on?

Julie and Michelle and all you other chickies - How's it going?
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 10:53 AM   #255  

You know, I had forgotten all about those little cards. I will have my cake and EAT it too! Not the whole thing, but a little.

My DD is the one really pushing to make it. I think it's more because SHE loves chocolate. She's most definitely my daughter!

Mary: I feel for you. I don't know how I'd handle having a MIL from ****. She really must speak directly with the devil to be so evil. Nasty.

Carmen: I'm glad you had a good time at the game! That sounds like so much fun. I used to go to M's games when I lived in Seattle. I've not been to a Twins game here, but this season it's probably not worth going anyway.

Have a great day. I'm starving! I wonder what that's about... I never feel hungry like this at 10 in the morning. I guess I'll have my LA Lite bar now instead of later.