Old 09-04-2005, 11:30 AM   #61  

What is switching to Gold mean? I did not know that you could switch plans.

I just did some working out and feeling pretty good but sore, but i guess that is what happens when you don't usually do it.

Glad that tomorrow is a holiday and I get anotherday off of work, that is nice.

Hope everyone has a Super Holiday.
Wrigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 01:51 PM   #62  

There are different plans. The center I go to started me on Red plan 'cause of my weight, then when I got down to another weight, they started me on the purple plan. It's less food. I don't know what the gold plan is, but I WILL!
jmpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 07:56 AM   #63  

Happy Labor Day!

Just wanted to pop in to day hello. Did anyone see the SU game - it was so painful to watch, I just wanted to

Welcome Wrigley. What color plan on you on? I have to admit that I have to limit my eatting out if I want to lose weight. Are you following plan and measuring your foods, journaling? I feel that you can eat just about anything you could before in moderation. It's the moderation that will get you. Are you doing the LA Lites? There is a recipe thread on this forum that has some good things that you could try. Good Luck.

Hi to everyone else.

Hugs, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 10:50 AM   #64  
Missing Ohio

Default Labor Day

Hello Chicks,

Hope you all are having a great day. I'm resting after the week with the family. I lost 1.8lbs. at WI Saturday. Was really surprised, but not so much, because, even though I indulged, I didn't go overboard. I even admitted to the Gin that I had Friday night that I didn't put in my journal. I'm the salad girl this week because it(the lbs.) could still catch up with me.

Hello to all of the newbies. I moved from the Red plan to the Purple plan when I reached 233lbs. and was told that I will go to the next plan when I reach 193lbs. (that's 40lbs.) Do you think I can lose that before Nov. 30th. I don't think so but would like to have the journal before I stop going to the COD for WIs.

Well, Ladies, I'm out of here to cut and trim my lawn.

cul

Last edited by LadyIzzy; 09-05-2005 at 10:54 AM.
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 02:44 PM   #65  

Cutting the lawn outta make up for the gin!!! I HATE cutting the lawn. The last time I did it my (now) 13-year-old was 6 and said, "Mommy, your legs jiggle SO COOL when you push that thing!" I hired a lawn service the next day. Now my husband does it.

Have fun and congrats with your weigh in!

I'm excited for my WI tomorrow, sort of, but also nervous. I feel like I've lost weight, but what if I haven't? Eh--who cares--at least the kids will be in SCHOOL tomorrow!!!!
Old 09-06-2005, 08:17 AM   #66  

Height: 5' 4"

Good Morning Ladies!

I hope everyone had a great and safe weekend!

TTYL....
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:41 AM   #67  

Mary:
Just tell him that up front. He'll appreciate it!

The kids start school today. WooHOO! I just got my brooding 13-year-old on the bus. My 9-year-old is excited! And I'm brooding about my 2-year-old going to his new school. He got up at 5:45 this morning--I hope he can make it through the school day without falling asleep.

Have a great week!
Old 09-06-2005, 08:42 AM   #68  

Hi, I am new to the web site, and I am very encouraged to see the success you all are having. I was successful on LAWL, but unfortunately over the last year have crept into old habits, and now I need to lose 20 lbs. I am going to look to y'all for support with your success.
Can y'all remind me what's on the jet start? I remember all the meat you want fresh veggies, was it 2 oranges/day?
Thanks
Leah
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 10:28 AM   #69  

Morning, chicks!

I seem to have picked up a sore throat somewhere in the past couple of days, which is putting my exercise program on hold. It's the best today so far, so maybe tomorrow I can start again. It's also TOM, and I'm just draggy.

Mary - usually when I plateau it's time to go back to basics - even measuring my salad dressing. And make sure that I drink all my water. And mix up my food - I tend to get in the habit of eating the same thing all the time.

Also, you may try what Jen did -- eat the majority of your portions before dinner? I don't have the gold book, so I can't help you with portion sizes, but are you using 6oz uncooked for chicken, and 4 for beef? Two eggs instead of 3?

Leah, there are two versions of TO - one is unlimited protein and green veg, the other is 6oz of protein, 2cup of veg, and two lites. with that there are 4 4oz servings of the juice. I think people have substituted either an orange, or 1/8 of a cantaloupe for the juice. Also, you can use Knudsen's Morning Blend juice for the LAWL juice. Are you doing the program on your own?

Jenn, have my fingers crossed for you for your youngest's first day at school.

LadyIzzy - forty pounds in 3 months sounds ambitous to me-- but anyway you look at it, you'll be closer!

Hi to all you other chicks!

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 10:58 AM   #70  

I was fine with everything (sort of) until I actually left my youngest at school. Then I lost it. I don't think I've ever cried so hard in my life! Of course, it's not just because of him starting school, but also because he's autistic and I just want everything to be right and normal for him in his life. His teacher made me feel a LITTLE better by telling me that Bill Gates is autistic. He's high-functioning (Aspbergers) which is probably what Carson has... I hope he does okay there.

Then I went to WI and dropped 3.2, so now I'm crying and doing a happy dance all at the same time.

Have a great day.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:12 AM   #71  

Send you some WEIGHT?

I think it's because I was sick this weekend and didn't eat much at all. That and going from red to purple. Plus I've got more to lose than you do, so the fat falls faster.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:27 AM   #72  
Missing Ohio

Default School Dazes

Jenn - hang in there for your 2yo, he'll probably be someone famous in the future. Congrats on your weight lost girlfriend.

Julie/Marbear - I wouldn't even put that kind of pressure on myself to lose 40lbs. in 3 months. With this hypothyroid, I'm glad to be losing at all. I seem to average about 1.3/wk so far and that's fine with me. I'll talk to one of the young chickie at COD and get next journal anyway. Some of them are very understanding and don't give me a hard time about the 3 x/wk WI. But, there are others who think you are supposed to live at the place. I tell them that 'I'm using you at this time, not the other way around.' With gasoline prices the way they are I'm carpooling to Walmart once/wk.

Yesterday I worked in my yard from 7:30am to 5p.m. and felt so good. So, today I'm spazzing in my recliner with a book that I can't concentrate on. I need to read it before I have to return it to the library. Speaking of which, I had better go to the library now before I forget to return the items that are due today.

over and out chickies,
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 11:37 AM   #73  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyIzzy
Jenn - hang in there for your 2yo, he'll probably be someone famous in the future. Congrats on your weight lost girlfriend.
I've been knitting too much and reading too many patterns, i read the above in bold as "2 yarn over"...

Boy you are all doing well, what a bunch of loosers.... I have put LAWL on hold and i'm just getting by. The move is a lot of stress, but also exciting. I'm looking forward to a new beginning. I'll be moving end of sept. or the 1st weekend in Oct. Not having a lot of luck finding someone who can fly back and drive back with me. My mom is going to see if she can now. She hates to fly but said she'd try to do it b/c all my girlfriends have kids starting school or work demands. I'm trying to sort things to have a big yard sale and pack up the house, did a little this weekend, but have a LOT more to do.

I'm still reading and lurking, for inspiration. Kudos to all of you for doing your best.
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 11:57 AM   #74  

Mary--

Thanks for the inspiration! I'm now sweating like a pig after doing 1.5 miles on my treadmill. I figured since I have no 2-year-old to watch Dora with and I happen to HAVE a treadmill collecting dust, I may as well get on the thing!

It's probably better than what I FEEL like doing today--crawling back in bed with a box of chocolates and my doggie...

I do feel better after exercising. I'm going to do this most days that Carson's at school. I might as well!
Old 09-06-2005, 12:10 PM   #75  

Mary - have you thought about trying to zig-zag your cals by using beef or something every few days - truthfully, we shouldn't go under 1200 cals for what I've read. I certainly don't think you should eat LESS. Does that calorie counting site have something to show resting metabolic rate -- the number of cals you need just to breathe?

About plateaus - sometimes it's just our body readjusting to a new weight, and then BAM, it'll start coming off again. . . and even 1/2 pound down is better than 1/2 up!

Michele- -have you turned in your notice at work yet? I hate moving, the only way I could do it was pack a couple of boxes a night --

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote