Old 09-02-2005, 11:04 AM   #31  

Height: 5' 4"

Hmm.. I wonder if I have the crown on youngest mother

I got married when I was 14, had DS at 15, and DD at 17.
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 11:06 AM   #32  

Default Off Topic Question

The ladies that are remarried, do you have children from previous marriage? Does DH have children from a previous marriage?

Do you have "my children-your children" issues?
Old 09-02-2005, 11:06 AM   #33  

Metal - My money is on you......for being youngest married...
This is my second marriage. I was married for 26 years to Dave and he died at 47. We have two sons.
DH (now) was married before for 25 years (divorce) and has a DS & DD.
We do have issues with our combined family, but we agreed along time ago to never let the kids get between us..
The year DH and I got married, I become a step mother, MIL, grandmother and wife, all at once.

Last edited by Star; 09-02-2005 at 11:10 AM.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 11:29 AM   #34  

Karen:

I'm remarried. Actually re-remarried... I got married to jerk #1 at age 19 and we had Tyler the next year. He's actually regressed since high school. It's very sad because I still think he has a lot of potential and I wish he'd live up to it for Tyler's sake if not his own!

When he left me, the church I was attending and VERY involved in at the time told me that I couldn't be a single mom to a son and that in order to be a "Mother in Zion" I needed to get remarried as soon as possible. I was brought into the bishop's office almost every week and asked who I was dating and how things were going. Well, at a church dance, I met a guy that I thought was nice and we started dating. Less than 10 WEEKS later and less than a year after my divorce I was saying "I do" again. After being told that I had to stay with him, even though he hit me, I divorced him and my church. Alexa was 6 days old when my divorce was final.

So, now I'm happily re-remarried to Jason and we've been married almost 6 years now. Our son, Carson, is 2. Jason was able to adopt Alexa, so she's "his" as well, but he would give anything to adopt Tyler as well. My ex won't let him.

We really don't have much in the way of issues. Jason loves all the kids, though with Tyler's emotional/behavioral issues, it's hard on him because we BOTH fear for the younger kids. We don't THINK Tyler would do anything to harm them, but it's tough to say because when he has a fit, he really gets out of control. He's been hospitalized in the past for it...

I guess that's WAY more than you wanted to know!

Shorter story: Yes, I'm remarried. No, we don't have any problems with his vs. mine.
jmpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 11:30 AM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by textjewel
Jenn, sorry you still feel bad -- I hit the sack too when I'm munchy late at night - also brushing and flossing help me stop -- Have you tried to make chicken soup?

CAN I make chicken soup? I thought soup was a no-no... I'd love to, though!
jmpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 11:44 AM   #36  

Jenn-I'm glad you had the courage to get away from husband #2 and that church! I can't believe that people think that way, it's insane.

My DFI and I have the combined family issues. I am not sure what I want to do about it. DFI constantly fusses about when and what my children do, regardless if it is wrong or not. Both of his children are ADHD and I deal with those issues and other behavioral issues without fussing. I mean, they are children and yes sometimes I get upset; but I do not fuss just to be fussing about something. Mine are 14 & 15 and his are 14 & 9.

It seems that his children were raised so much differently than mine. For example, they waste as much as possible, they want snacks even if they ate 15 minutes ago and didn't want to eat their dinner because they were full, they ignore me and their father when asked to do something, the oldest one is SO rude, they are extremelly nosey, and ease drop constantly. But, I deal with these types of issues and the ADHD.

Why can't he deal with my children when they do something he doesn't understand? For example, DD talking on the phone and watching TV, DS shining his boots for ROTC in the living room on a scrap piece of carpet, DD coming in the bathroom in the morning to use my makeup (when she runs out), to ask me a question, or simply talk to her mother when he isn't even in the bedroom.

Sorry for venting, I'm just trying to understand....
Old 09-02-2005, 12:03 PM   #37  

Karen - Do your DFI kids live with you full time?
Old 09-02-2005, 12:06 PM   #38  

They live with us every other week....
Old 09-02-2005, 12:06 PM   #39  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone. Happy Friday! Whoa, what a chatty bunch today.

Well ladies I must say that I am very proud to have been able to stay OP all week, only thing is I feel like I have gained??? I wonder if its water weight, as I have been drinking more than 64 oz here lately. Idunno. Anywho, I know I'm doing right so the weight will come off, right? As for plans this weekend, DH is INSISTING that we go to the air show. I am not an enthusiast per se, but I do enjoy spending time with my 3 guys so I guess I'll go.

Jen - You will be there in no time. I am happy you're so excited. You, Karen and all the other 'losers' out here are a great inspiration to me. It lets me know that THIS CAN BE DONE.

Star - Your DSs are so lucky to have a DM like you. Don't get me wrong, my DM is great - wouldn't trade her - but you are so open minded and vibrant and youthful, plus you have practical life experience and you give GREAT advice...what a combination!

Karen - Yes I think you win the prize for youngest mom (not a bad thing, as you probably relate really well to your kids plus given all your accomplishments
you are a terrific role model). MY DH may not be in this competition, but he somehow managed to father a child when he was 12 and the girl was 14. So his daughter is now 24, almost 25 YO, married with a daughter of her own. Makes for weird visiting. My DSs are having some trouble wrapping their heads around it...But anyway, as for your DF, I feel that it may be a good idea to "agree to disagree" about the kids, because he obviously feels very strongly about his children and you feel just as strongly as yours. DH and I fight about the kids too, and they're both ours. I feel that he favors our youngest DS because he is the spitting image of him. I really do. I feel like he goes out of the way to be mean to our oldest DS, and when I take up for him he accuses me of babying him, which is what I accuse him of with the youngest one...Man, you just can't win...

Julie - thanks for hanging out in the journal thread with me. I'm getting some good ideas from you!

Regina - I'm still lookin' good...

Jenn - I hope you're feeling better soon. Usually when my DH goes out with "the boys," I grab some much needed "Carm Time." I grab a book, or work on a drawing, or do my feet, or all of the above. Enjoy the solitude!

Sy - I would love a job like that, where I got to travel and meet new people, only thing is I think I would be too shy to do it! Go figure...

If I missed anyone - sorry, but here's to ya!
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 12:27 PM   #40  
234/165.8/160

karen-Yes, i think you win the youngest mom contest!

Carmen-I'm with you, my DH and I fight about 'the boy' all the time. I'm more focused on his school work, whereas my husband cares more if he took out the trash the minute he was told. Of course, DS knows exactly how to play us against each other too....we are trying not to let that work as often ;-)

Jenn-Good for you getting yourself and kids out of a dangerous situation!
auditgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 12:45 PM   #41  

Carmen - Thanks so much for the compliment! As for my DS's, one has called me Trina his whole life and the other one only allows me to ask one question at a time so yes, I'm open minded and maybe to a fault..... I have always just taken it one day at a time (kinda like a 12 step program)
Old 09-02-2005, 01:04 PM   #42  
234/165.8/160

My son calls his dad by his first name too and has for years....my monster in law counseled him that it was disrespectful and we promptly told her it was none of her business.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:12 PM   #43  

Well when we moved out of state to Phoenix when Eric was under a year, we were by no relatives to frown on it. Our new friends thought it was cool and so it began, it never changed. My mom never liked it either, but lived too far away to change it. Now Casey (DS#2) always called us mom and dad..
In the back of my mind, everytime I try to get GBDave to call me NaNa I know that one day he will call me Trina......lol
Old 09-02-2005, 01:31 PM   #44  
234/165.8/160

We don't live near either, but we were home for a visit, so I'm fairly certain my DS resolved then and there to never call DH by anything but his name while we were with grandma ;-) It's not a big deal to us, but I've had several friends comment on it too...he could call DH much worse things than his name, so it works for me. My mom said I tried calling her by her name when I was very small, but grew out of it....

Mary- I understand about TO lbs, I don't usually trust them to be gone for a few days either...seems too easy. I plan to do it Mon and Tues next week and then slimdowns for dinner the rest of the week and hope that it makes a difference. The twenty pound mark is so great...congratulations!!
Old 09-02-2005, 01:52 PM   #45  

you guys have been chatty - I'm back from the dentist, safe and sound.

Jenn - about the chicken soup -- I make my own, with chicken and carrots/celery/onion and whatever else I want to put in there -- I sometimes add low sodium chicken buillion to add more flavor (this is actually what I've been having for dinner the past two nights - and tonight, too)

Star - my mom was 20 when I was born - now she's more my friend than my mother, although I can feel the parent/child shift coming on - mainly becuz she's got beginning cataracts and needs help with nighttime driving.

Mary, wow 20 lbs is great - almost the 50% mark for you --

Jen - I thought red had the higher protein sizes like purple, and blue was like gold?

Karen/MC - seems like your DF is a little territorial?

Carmen - what is worse is when you feel like you've lost and you haven't.. ..

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote