Old 09-09-2005, 04:35 PM   #181  

Hi, Thanks to everyone for their kind words. It really does help.

The testing was a fasting one. I guess that's why it floored me so much that with being on LAWL and eating 99% of the time OP, that it didn't go down at all. It's not like I eat alot of red meat either. I have it maybe once a week and I mean that's a big maybe. I use FF dressing, I've had french fries once since I started on plan, and that was in the first 2 weeks. I bake, broil or grill. The only thing I know that I might have to do is walk 7days a week instead of 4.

Thanks again for all your help. You guys are great!!!!!
Jewel
Julinstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 04:52 PM   #182  

Jewel,
I'm sure someone else on here will know more than me about this and hope they will speak. But my doctor's nurse told me that she eats right, diets and still has high numbers. She said some people just have high cholesterol, it's in the genes. I'm sure your doctor will help you understand. But for now just feel good that your doing all the right stuff for your health. Seeing the scale go down is a bonus.....

See you chicks on Monday - have a great weekend.........
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 06:21 PM   #183  

I'm back --

did a little shopping -- the grocery was OUT of chicken breasts, chicken legs, only chicken WINGS. Yuck. But I did get a rein check for them (on sale for 1.99/pound. ..)

About cholesterol - my mom has really high cholesterol, and she's tried to cut it with diet, to no avail. For some people, it's not diet related - just like I get more plaque on my teeth, some people get more cholesterol. Just think, Jewel, how far you've come in controlling the diabetes! You should be a poster child!

Star, I know this is too late for you to see, but WTG for planning out your morning tomorrow -- shove a little of that mojo my way, will you? I've got the munchies today.

Now, do you think the fat fairy is related to the tooth fairy, and she'll take the fat AND leave some $$$ under my pillow???

Hugs,
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 06:55 PM   #184  

Man, if she gives money for the fat she takes I could be a MILLIONAIRE!!! Woo HOO!

Plus then if I ran out of money, I know I can make more! LOL!
jmpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 09:34 PM   #185  
Missing Ohio

Default Help

Chicks, I'm as sick as a dog stuffed nose one minute and Niagra(sp) Falls the next. I can't even think of what I usually take to help. Couldn't even go to the Cheesecake Factory for my birthday dinner today. Begged for a raincheck for sure.

Of course, you know that I haven't been OP for the last two days. Gonna go downstairs and get some soup. It's times like this that I wish someone else lived here with me. Too bad my puppy doesn't have fingers

Everyone have a great weekend. I'm shutting this puter down and curling up in my recliner cause I can't lay flat when I'm like this.

later,

Last edited by LadyIzzy; 09-09-2005 at 09:39 PM.
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 11:11 PM   #186  

Mary and Bre,
So sorry you're sick!! Y'all may have sinus infections which need an antibiotic. Green snot means infection which only an antibiotic can help. I had an infection last winter, and remembered when it came on. After 21 days and being near death (not really but feeling like it) I finally caved and went to see my SS teacher who is an E.N.T. doctor. He wondered why I waited so long. Don't let it get that bad.
I went to Pizza Hut tonight with our family and another family. IT could have been bad for the LAWL, but 99% of this battle of the bulge with me is mental. If I can psyche myself up, I can do this. Since I'm doing the jet start or whatever, I'm still doing the meat and veggies. I at meat on the pizza with no crust. Have you ever been in a situation where you didn't want to draw attention to what you were or were not eating, anyway I just ate meat off the top without crust. That is such a huge mental accomplishment for me. Probably not the best, but at Pizza Hut, I could have done the salad bar, but I didn't want to make my friends feel bad for eating pizza if I was eating rabbit food at the salad bar. THat may sound lame, but oh well. Anyway, I'm off to guzzle some more water and wake up at 5:00 to have a nice peaceful walk in the a.m.
Good Night.
We'll see if I have lost any yet in the a.m.
Leah
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 07:48 AM   #187  

The 5:30 a.m. walk is the way to go for me!!!!!!!!!! It is so peaceful and quiet. Listened to some great praise music...nice and cool!
Down 4 lbs. since Tuesday with jet start I'm glad the meat and veggies are over. I need some fruit and starch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a great weekend everyone. We're off to the Auburn vs. MS state game.
Leah
Old 09-10-2005, 08:31 PM   #188  

Mary,
Great on the weight loss!!! Hope you feel better soon!!!!!!!!

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but sometimes it is sooooooooooo hard to order the right food in a restaurant. It's such a mental battle with me, but today while we were out all day at Auburn for the game, I was very tempted, but took bars with me and water and stayed OP. Probably way too much sodium in the green beans I ate when ate dinner, but what do you do. Order as close to plan as possible I guess.

Does anyone know if Fruit2-O would count as part of my water portion for the day. It's sweetened with splenda and has natural fruit flavor-----zero calories, no carbonation.
Leah
Old 09-10-2005, 10:05 PM   #189  

Leah:

Fruit2O does count as water intake 'cause it's just water. I try to limit myself to one of those a day and then drink regular water just because it's sweetened with Splenda and we're only supposed to have 3 packets of that per day.

And my counselor told me that Crystal Light counts as water as long as you only count one glass of it per day toward your water.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:24 PM   #190  

And Mary--congratulations on your visit from the Fat Fairy! I'm sure you had more than a little to do with it too. I hope you feel better soon. Just think--once all the snot is gone, you'll probably lose another couple of ounces!
Old 09-11-2005, 05:28 PM   #191  

WooHOO! Good for you, Mary!!!

I'll be up after this weekend. We had a house warming party yesterday and an anniversary party with pig roast today. My only MAJOR thing was that I had a small piece of carrot cake, but I'm sure I didn't eat OP this weekend. Tomorrow I'll get back with it.
Old 09-11-2005, 05:32 PM   #192  

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and to LAWL. I have a question about weigining your self. I bought a scale yesterday and I weighed myself when i got home last night. abotu 30 minutes later I wan trying to show my son how to use it and i swear I had gained almost 2 pounds. So of course after that I kept weighin myself (I know I'm a fanatic) but in about a 12 hour range, I have weighed anywere between 181 (this was a little after dinner, so i assume that might be the culprit) and all the way down to 177.4. (this afternoon) I am so confused (and each of the times i weighted my self I wore no clothes.

Should you just wigh at the same time every day, like when you first wake up to get an accurate reading, has anyone else ever had this problem, or am i strange? and which weight do I count?
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 08:35 PM   #193  

My counselor at the clinic told me I needed to just get rid of my scale. I did and I'm much happier. I only weigh in at the center.

Otherwise I'm a fanatic too. And that isn't healthy. (Just my opinion, but it also wouldn't be healthy for your child to constantly see you weighing yourself either)
Old 09-11-2005, 08:47 PM   #194  

I said the same thing about the carb cravers when I first went on the plan, cause everyone is right, it does not say anything about that.
Wrigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 08:52 PM   #195  

That's what I did, Mary, I had my hubby hide the scale. It's around here somewhere, but I am sure I'll never find it. I think it's in the garage somewhere which means he may never find it either.