Old 09-30-2005, 11:40 AM   #571  

katie - Good for you putting yourself back on plan, against doctor's orders

No, I didn't realize Dog had 12 kids, so new ones could show up each week then.. What is the new (clean cut) one's name? I have seen the 20 something daughter a couple times. I guess Beth has no kids from previous marriage When was he on Montel, I'm so mad I had to miss it I also wonder how long Dog has had his hairdoo I still love him 'timewarp' and all.

About not being able to do TO and the bars, yes I have heard different chicks can't do them for other reasons too. Just look at is as a real money saver for you

Where is everyone today? Playing hooky
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 11:42 AM   #572  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Default T G I F

Hi Everyone! Kate - good to see you. Star - Dog and Beth rock! They are a hoot.

Katie - GOOD FOR YOU for checking into the pain issues you were having. My sis is a dental hygeinst - the best in the world - and she always says if you're hurting 36 hours later then there is definitely a problem. I am wishing you a speedy recovery.

I am nearing the end of my first week after switching from Red to Purple and I am having a hard time with being able to have fewer starches. Its odd, but when I was on RED there would be a lot of times that I would only have 2 starches because I wasn't hungry. But now that I am on Purple and can only have 2 starches, I find myself wanting more? That's so odd to me. Well, WI is tomorrow morning. I feel bloated and full, don't know if I've lost anything. Usually I can tell. I just hope its not a gain, you know? I've got to get kickin into high gear if I plan to meet my Halloween goal.

Soo glad today is Friday. This has been such a busy and long week for me. I need a vacationnn...Like nobody's business.... Yeah right. That's wishful thinking on my part. Even if I could getaway I couldn't afford to go anywhere.

TOT - So anyway, last night we went to open house, which was enlightening. Found out that DS has groupies. We were walking down the hallway and 3 little girls on separate occasions saw him and ran up and hugged him, screaming JOSH! HI JOSHUA!!!! DH, older DS and I really couldn't believe it was happening. Lil DS I suppose took it in stride, but I asked him what the deal was with him and the girls, and he says nothing - I'm just nice to them. They're my friends.

Last edited by Chklithunder; 09-30-2005 at 11:46 AM.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 12:02 PM   #573  

Hey there chicks!

Had a good WI today -- I'm officially 188.4 - I've lost 40.4 pounds total. . WOO HOO -- off to update my ticker --

Mary, so glad that your little one is doing okay! (I also read that the way Michele did. . .)

Star, what happened to that desert??

Katie -- glad that your dentist finally gave you something for the pain? Don't worry about the plan - it'll still be here when you can eat again -- you can always call the center and put it on hold if you're worried about not being POP.

Hey, Athena - the same thing happens to me - that I catch a cold once I've been OP for about a week - I think it's just my body readjusting. . but it goes away. I guess you are living proof that our weight can go down a little bit, but our sizes down a lot??? The last time I was thin, I noticed that the size change happened much faster the lower I was, since the inch change is smaller in smaller sizes. . . Hope you have a GREAT 24 hours with your DH!

Kate - JEANS at WI = BAD (to borrow Carmen's math) It can make a big difference in your weight at the center.

Carmen - your little DS - watch out. . . I'm about to shift to Gold, too (maybe 2-3 weeks?), so I'll be in your shoes, too, about dealing with smaller portions. . . I know that when I first started the starches were the HARDEST thing to deal with. That's why I use the LC/HC to get the pasta fix.

About Dog - I've heard that he had 12 kids - and I remember the one when one of his daughters came back, with her kid. .. I think that one of the younger guys is actually a cousin? (does anyone remember the one with the cigarette burn in the van? he was one of Dog's nephews, I think.) Also Beth is a lot younger than Dog - I believe she's in her early 30's and he's in his 50's.

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 12:08 PM   #574  

Julie -
The cigarette burn kid is Justin and he is nephew...
I had a small piece of the chocolate cake (bad star) before I went to Jazzercise to dance it off.....lol
congrats on the great weightloss - you rock!!!
Old 09-30-2005, 12:18 PM   #575  

yeppers, that little snail has finally passed it self (if you get what I mean.. )

Thanks for knowing his name - I am SO bad at remembering stuff like that. . .

(Did the cake taste good??)
Old 09-30-2005, 12:26 PM   #576  

Hi all,

I'm sneaking on the internet int he middle of my boring training...shhhh

I did my personal WI this morning (my personal weigh-in is clothless) and I was at 173.4.....It felt great. I hope to make it into the 60's within the next two weeks. (maybe week and a half )

Mary~ Great to hear about Eli

Repo~ glad to see you are back on real food. Last summer I had a wisdom tooth pulled and ended up loosing 10 pounds from not eating (of course it came right back hard and strong,) so it is good that you can start eating solids again to help your body get back into the swing of things.

Kate~ I weighed in back at the beginning in jean and went home and literally weighed my clothes...t-shirt, undies, jeans and they were a little over 2 pounds so jeans do weigh alot.

Carmen~ look into soem of the carb craver meals to get some extra starches for the cost of a protein
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 12:56 PM   #577  

Height: 5' 4"

Hey Ladies!

Sorry, I've been lurking. I've been stressed, depressed, and negative lately. Hopefully, it will pass soon. I've been controlling my eating well, even though I would love some goodies. I'm still maintaining, not losing, not gaining (thank goodness).

I'm happy that Eli is doing good!

Dry sockets are horrible. I had them when they removed my wisdom teeth. Good Luck, I hope you feel better!

Holla at all my chickies! I'm going to lunch! **Lean Cuisine Lasanga w/Meat Sauce, salad with cheese and salsa, and H20**
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 01:38 PM   #578  

Hey Karen -- are you at the some point where you can have a smallish treat without going overboard, or are you afraid that it'll avalanche? But - wow- to maintain for this long is so terrific.

Shennie -- we'll shush with you -- besides having a great WI today, I was also at 187 on my home scale - so that's 6 pounds lost since we started the Halloween challenge. . .

Hugs,
julie
Old 09-30-2005, 03:02 PM   #579  

Height: 5' 4"

Julie, I can have small treats in maintenance. When I'm stressed, I'll eat it and still want more of it. I'll find myself in the kitchen eating a square inch sized piece of cake over the sink before anyones sees me.....

I can't be doing too much harm. I'm just scared of going back to my old habits that got me obese to begin with.....
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 04:31 PM   #580  

Default ..

Mary - I think it is very important that he take his meds. And why doesn't he? I mean has he ever told you or does he just simply forget?
About being more can you start by taking the first step and being nicer to him, simple ways like telling him in you love him more often, give him a kiss or hug for no reason, grab his hand when you go somewhere in public?
Man, I LOVE all that mushy stuff. With my first marriage after 25 years we didn't do all that much either. My DH now was unhappily married for 25 years and divorced - so put us two together and we changed everything. I think our affection makes our kids roll their eyes sometimes.....lol But I'm just saying I think it is a two way road and you meet in the middle....ramble - ramble...sorry

karen & julie - the choclolate cake at my house last night was attacked by afew 'inch square pieces' also

I'll be out now, so have a great weekend...see you Monday.....HUGS
Old 09-30-2005, 09:35 PM   #581  
Missing Ohio

Star - I have a set of weights and books and use them but I don't put myself through the paces like the trainer would. I suppose every little bit helps. I'm giving away the bedroom set in my third bedroom so that all of exercise equipment can come off the walls and out of the corners and are available for the purpose they were intended. Now the Nordic and treadmill hold clothers and books.

I'm out ladies. Have a good night.
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 07:30 AM   #582  

Hi everyone. Just wanted to keep up with reading the posts before heading out this morning. Suppose to be a nice weekend here. Well, so far I've earned $11. Should be up to $13 but for some reason on Thursday, I was starving. Craving Carbs. I ate too much barley with butter, then had a Light Yogurt (extra starch and dairy). It's almost like TOM was on it's way, but that stopped in March? Yesterday I had some extra cheese. Nothing too extreme, but not POP. I'll try my best this weekend.

Mary: Glad Eli is doing fine.

Well, gotta run. Always something to do. Hugs and I'll try to get back on this weekend.

Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 08:42 AM   #583  

Hey, Sy, find us in the new thread! You are so cute to cheat on barley and yogurt!
(I don't think that those extra cals are going to hurt you too much)

Julie