Old 09-01-2005, 03:14 PM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by textjewel
Jenn, usually they don't suggest splitting proteins - mainly becuz it gets more complicated - if you're going to split proteins, then they suggest it is the same protein - so split the chicken, understand? They may have changed the rules on this, so ask your COD. ..

I'm on purple, too - but since I don't like a lot for breakfast, I usually have a lite -- and then I'm ready for fruit and yogurt in the mid morning - so I have my proteins at lunch and dinner.

Congrats to all you chicks with kids off to school!

BTW, has anyone heard of new flavors for lites?
I split proteins (and many of my other portions as well) all the time, and they've never said anything to me about it, and it hasn't hurt my weight loss any. It probably depends on your center. I've done things like have 1/2 piece of toast and one egg, then later on have 1/2 piece of bread with PB. It might be a little more complicated, but if you are diligent about recording what you eat, it's not really that difficult to track.

Mary
boyerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 03:20 PM   #17  
234/165.8/160

I think some centers don't want you to split proteins because it makes it harder for them to read your journal, it doesn't probably have anything to do with affecting weight loss one way or another. I agree with Mary, as long as you track it you should be fine.
auditgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 04:01 PM   #18  

Default On different levels I appauld.....

Jen - For setting those new counselors ( ) straight and being a living success yourself, they should thank you too

Mary -
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 04:21 PM   #19  

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbear
My husband lives a couple of miles from a naval air force base, and they love when the thunderbirds and blue angels come in to do a show. they get to see them practice for free. The downside is that they have planes doing crazy things over their house pretty much all of the time...I guess training.
Where do you live if your husband lives a couple of miles from a Naval Air Force Base?
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 10:14 AM   #20  
234/165.8/160

Anyone have big plans for the weekend? It's supposed to be nice here so we'll take the boat to the lake a couple of days and maybe I'll get caught up on some house work. We have family coming in for the Ohio State/Iowa game in a few weeks and I have several half done projects I need to finish!

Most of all, I'm staying POP this weekend. I'm 5.8 lbs from goal and have until the end of September to get there, because I'm starting stablization the first week of October no matter where I am. I can take all my own food to the lake and we have no major parties/cookouts to worry about, so I think I'll be okay. Plus, I plan to do TO/FF starting Monday.

Is anyone's center doing an incentive over the weekend, such as be down .5 lbs on Tuesday and get a $10 certificate. Mine has done this the last few holidays, but I haven't seen anything yet...

Jen
Old 09-02-2005, 10:22 AM   #21  

Morning, chicks!

Up at 4:00 am this am - that usually means that TOM is right around the corner -- also have that dental cleaning appointment this morning, maybe I'll fall asleep in the chair? Then, I won't notice the drilling so much?

The news is so distressing - it's so hard to remember that this is the US, not SE Asia.

Mary, I bet that many celebs contribute to this cause - but may not tell people because it's like they're looking for publicity? And then maybe would get hit for every cause in the book? What did the doctor say about Eli's procedure?

Jen - I can't believe that you're less than 6 pounds from GOAL! That is so terrific and motivating. Have you changed anything recently?

Sy - hope you find us on this thread! Missed your posts for the past couple of days.

Star, you were what - 10 when gave birth to your DS?

Hugs to all,
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 10:28 AM   #22  

Hola, Chicas!

Nothing going on here this weekend. I guess I have to go shopping for my little one because his autism therapy class requires that he has a few things, like a backpack and a lunch box... I can't believe my 2-year-old baby is going to school.

My husband went up to the cabin with a couple of his buddies for the weekend. So I'm feeling very alone. I will try not to fill that void with food, though. That's my goal for the weekend. Yesterday, rather than have a snack, I just went to bed early. There was nobody to play cribbage with, so I figured what the heck. Plus, with this awful cold I just felt miserable enough to crash at 8:30. How lame is that?! I guess I'm getting old...

I've not been OP this last couple of days just because I've been sick. I haven't strayed from my menu plan, I just haven't eaten everything I'm supposed to eat.

Hope you guys have a lovely Labor Day weekend.
jmpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 10:29 AM   #23  
234/165.8/160

Hey Julie-Thanks! I've just been trying to stick to plan as close as possible. Also, I think the main difference is that I don't eat much in the evenings the last couple of weeks. I'm eating a decent breakfast, a big lunch, an afternoon snack and then usually a body for life shake (and writing in a slimdown) with a salad or celery for dinner and an LA lite before 8pm. My friend who lost nearly 80lbs suggested it, it worked for her when she was really struggling with the last few pounds.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:54 AM   #24  

Jen, are you still following the red plan?

Jenn, sorry you still feel bad -- I hit the sack too when I'm munchy late at night - also brushing and flossing help me stop -- Have you tried to make chicken soup?
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 10:57 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by auditgirl
Hey Julie-Thanks! I've just been trying to stick to plan as close as possible. Also, I think the main difference is that I don't eat much in the evenings the last couple of weeks. I'm eating a decent breakfast, a big lunch, an afternoon snack and then usually a body for life shake (and writing in a slimdown) with a salad or celery for dinner and an LA lite before 8pm. My friend who lost nearly 80lbs suggested it, it worked for her when she was really struggling with the last few pounds.
:

Here's every emotion I could think of to "describe" how you must be feeling to be so close to goal! You are doing great and have some good advice. I hope I can remember all that when I get close to my own goal.
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 11:02 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpike
Hola, Chicas!

My husband went up to the cabin with a couple of his buddies for the weekend. So I'm feeling very alone.

I've not been OP this last couple of days just because I've been sick. I haven't strayed from my menu plan, I just haven't eaten everything I'm supposed to eat.

Hope you guys have a lovely Labor Day weekend.
I hope you are feeling better today!

I don't have any plans for the weekend. Hubby is planning on doing a tune-up on his pick-up. He's had the wires and plugs for about 6 months now and it took gas going up to $3.19 per gallon for him to get the incentive to replace them. He is now conscientious of his mpg and wants to improve it.

I'll have my IM programs on, so if you need to talk rather than eat, IM me. My laptop is always just a few inches away from my fingers.
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 11:11 AM   #27  

Hi Ladies:

I posted this on the Journal thread by mistake. Here's my post and now I'll go and read what everyone is talking about. I thought it was strange that there was only a couple posts for yesterday (when posting on the wrong thread).

Well, worked the NYS Fair. It was a nice time, weather was so humid. First day I worked outside handing out bags of goodies if people signed up for a raffle of a PC and Photo Smart printers. The bags included baseball caps and a plastic cup and literature of course . Second day worked the tent by printing free pictures of people who wanted to take their pictures with Shreck (spelling?). The tent was air conditioned so it was a nice change from the day before. I have to admit that my legs were killing me when I got home as I'm not use to standing on my feet all day. I'd do it again in a minute. Their next stop is Talageda - it would be cool to do this job if I was 20 years younger.

I've had a few slip-ups this week and have not been to the COD. May stop on my way home from work. Got a couple pictures taken of myself before the event started so if I remember to scan in the pictures, I'll post it here.

I'm sure you all have seen the events of hurricane Katrina - it's just horrible and I wish there was something I could do. I don't know how they can get their lifes back to normal after an event like that. I almost felt guilty driving to work today the weather is so pleasant, and our life just goes on as normal while those people are living in horrible conditions without food and water I have been without electricity for 1 day before due to an ice storm that knocked down power lines and I thought I had it bad. The only thing that I had to do it keep the basement from flooding due to the sub-pump not working and I thought we had it bad. My heart goes out to those people.

My new goal was to start off Sept in the right direction as far as LA. I was POP yesterday and I'm back to my normal workouts at the gym (since golf is over). I have 10 days until my class reunion and all I'm hoping for is that I lose a couple of lbs before then. I'm making smaller goals and hopefully I can stay on track.

Hope everyone has a great day and POP weekend. We are tailgating tomorrow for the first SU game. Should be a beautiful day.

Hugs, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 11:11 AM   #28  
234/165.8/160

Thanks Regina! I am starting to feel pretty good about being near goal. It's been hard the last couple of months, but feel like I'm making some progress again.

Julie-Yes, I'm still following the red plan, though sometimes I think I skip a veggie, so it's kind of the blue plan I think or a modified gold ;-) Though we'll have to see how this week goes, I had a potato for lunch yesterday, beef for dinner, and then pork for lunch the next day (we'll see how all of these former 'limiteds' together affect things)....next thing the counselors will say is I shouldn't eat all of that stuff, even after the "you eat the same things and should get more variety" speech.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:17 AM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by textjewel
Morning, chicks!

Sy - hope you find us on this thread! Missed your posts for the past couple of days.

Star, you were what - 10 when gave birth to your DS?

Hugs to all,
Julie

Hi Chicks - TGIF.....
Julie, SY posted over on the LAWL Food Journal Thread..... (gotta love us blondes)
DS's birthday dinner was great, he was very happy we were all there for him. Since he misses DDIL and GBDave I had him when I was 21 and then we both grew up.....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 11:48 AM   #30  
234/165.8/160

I hear ya Star, we had our son when I was 17 and my husband had just turned 20....then we all grew up....well, not so much in my DH's case ;-)