Old 04-18-2007, 05:17 PM   #856  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Wendy, Wendy, Wendy.......and Kristen too........you MUST post, even when you are down. Please.........otherwise you are going to make me look like a total jerk with all of my crying and whining!!!!

Yes, Wendy, I missed you too. You are sooo close to goal, that any loss is a good loss.......and don't you forget it. Remember how long it took Evette to get those last couple of pounds off. Don't lurk........always come out to play with us...........we DO miss you when you are gone.
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:33 PM   #857  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Kristen - what a fabulous piece you wrote!!! Now, if Dan makes his birthday challenge, we may just have to crown you two the LAWL prom king and queen and have us a party!!

Nicole - I just had to edit my post because what you just wrote about not posting unless we were all upbeat was making me wonder if I should hold back posting when I'm not all chipper. I'm not going to quit posting on my bad days. I say this is like talk radio...if you don't like what you are reading, just skim through my post and move on. I need this place big time on my bad days.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:33 PM   #858  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Oh another thing I've learned since joining the boards:

If two people post at the same time it's termed CREEPY!!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:17 PM   #859  

Height: 5'2"

Thanks, Nicole. It's just been a rough week and a half. I was so hoping a big loss on the scale would brighten things up a bit. Of course, I'm not sure how that would happen when I've been having "bites" here and there. "Oh, ONE mini Hershey Special Dark won't hurt. Oh, and how about just ONE mini peppermint patty. A few of DH's french fries won't be bad either. And chicken wings? Yeah, that can be a protein and fat tonight." It's funny how all this stress has brought back the cravings.

Joni - I like the idea of Kristen and Dan being crowned LAWL prom queen and king.
mamato2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:22 PM   #860  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

I'm finally catching up on all the posts today (and there were lots)

Anyway, I'll skip personals and just say....Wedding already, WOW! How lucky are you (and your DH to be)...goals met, lurkers coming out of the woodwork, big losses, small losses (I'll taking any loss I can get), dogs, new hair do's...you're a busy bunch today!

But Hi to all!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:32 PM   #861  
Kristen-LAWL

awe shucks! if i'm crowned queen, joni will you buy me a corsage and nicole.. you know what I want from you....................

CAKE CAKE AND MORE CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah and a date night with Brett Favre would be perfect too.. would his wife mind??
Old 04-18-2007, 06:44 PM   #862  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Kristen- Have I mentioned yet today that you are great?

Wendy- Urrrr, sick kids. YUCK! BTW, I really believe that STRESS=GAIN. Hang in there!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:08 PM   #863  
Kristen-LAWL

Katie thank you.. but what has made me great is this forum.. I honestly think anyone trying to do LAWL or any other plan without a forum like this has a much less chance of success... in my opinion.. and I am biased.. we are an absolutely great group of people.. I don't think any of us would even be anywhere near on plan without this board.. I confess more on here than I do to DH or to church!!
If you are having a plateau, stuck in a rut as Wendy and I were this week and last.. just remember your posts here are probably helping out someone else on the board.. and the humour that comes from these posts should be made into a sitcom

Maybe we could call it.. Congrats on not being a fat a** anymore!!!
Starring..........
Old 04-18-2007, 07:11 PM   #864  
Katie

It is so true. The support and friendship here is priceless, not to mention the fun!
Old 04-18-2007, 07:18 PM   #865  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'6"

ok..I am posting,,even when things are not perfect....Sounds like an issue..hee hee..here is the recent deal....up a few pounds last week...but all my clothes are fitting great.....I still work out at least an hour daily and love it. I think I have found my set wt. I wear a (sometimes big) size 16 from the regular department...which is great..Often wear xl...also in regular department....I wore a size 14 in high school....I am glad to have lost about 31 pounds and want to keep it off....but I have run for 40 years and have d worked out daily almost al of my adult life....I am strong and not petite....I give great massages to my hubby...strong as an ox....so thats about it...loving life...I am not a newbie...but have not been on the computer...just loving life.....thanks buddies for all your support..Nance....
Bajachick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:58 PM   #866  
Katie

Good to see you Nance!
Old 04-18-2007, 08:32 PM   #867  
LAWL Salt Police

Evening gang...

Well, it was an ok day, except for a bit of a slip up at lunch, one which I'll probably pay for.. Read about it in the "two cookies" thread...

Kristen!!! WAY TO GO!!!!
and I loved the list.. VERY true...

Thanks all, for your positive comments for Liz.. I haven't talked to her about the COD situation yet, but I will tonight... I think she should try to force them to keep her on the plan without buying more, but I'll support whatever she wants to do... (as always)...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:38 PM   #868  
Danette lawl march 20/07

Height: 5'4"

Hi all I have lurking here for 3 weeks now and find you all very supportive. My name is Danette and I live in Nova Scotia Canada. I joined LA 4 weeks and 2 days ago I have lost 10 pounds and 7 1/2 inches so far and looking to have 50 pounds gone. When I first started reading the posts I thought why are they calling it the center of doom!!!! Well now I know why, My center is just new I joined on the second day they opened. I'm on red and trying to do the lites but my guts don't like them. Last 3 times in they told me to stop eating baby carrots every day because they are high in sugar..........did anyone hear this before?????? I was up .2 today so they again said stop eating carrots. I told them I was bloated and filled with gas and they said no it's the carrots. I eat a serving a day!!!! Also they told me to stop eating dole fruit cups with light sirup because it has 4 mg of salt...I was also having them once a day. They are driving me crazy I am ahead of my 2 pound a week weight loss they want and because they see a small up in the scale they are giving me a hard time about the dam carrots lol Now I understand the center of doom name. I don't know who posted the advise on saying that I'm on the economy plan but it really works because they are leaving me alone on sales
thanks for that advise.

Thanks for letting me vent and finally intoduce myself to you all
Keep measing and staying pop
Danette
fan4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:39 PM   #869  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

Congratulations Kristen!

The board is really rockin'!!! I have been MIA, my parents are in town. They leave Friday and then I am off to Chattanooga on business. I am going to try and follow Dan's plan and go armed with lots of fruits and veggies and bars.

I love reading your posts and am happy to hear you all (for the most part) are doing well. Keep up the good work!!! We CAN do this...just look at Kristen.

Front of card:
Roses are Red - Violets are blue

Inside card:
You're not a fat a$$ anymore, is that true?

Much love!!!
Debbie
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:08 PM   #870  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Kristen -- Loved your list!

Danette -- What a lovely name you have. Sounds like you're doing great so far. I have heard about sugar in carrots, but I wouldn't think that 1 serving a day is sabotaging you at all. The last time I was in my COD they told me to stop eating apples for the same reason. *sigh* If I'm going to be fat eating apples, kill me now.

Last edited by Angie; 04-18-2007 at 09:21 PM.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote