Old 04-19-2007, 11:36 AM   #916  

Height: 5'2"

Oh, and BTW, I am also glad that Sanjaya is gone. However, I feel bad that the audience had to cheer so loud. He seems to be a nice kid; he just doesn't have what it takes to be an American Idol.
mamato2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:38 AM   #917  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

on the animal front, we live on 12 acres and have 3 pugs, 6 cats, 3 guinea pigs, a goat, and a fish. which is low for us. we used to have chickens, might get some more this spring. we are in the woods and they are very kind in eating all the ticks for us. I am years away from having anything baby too, but my pugs seem like puppies forever so that is ok
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:44 AM   #918  
New mommy again :-)

Not the same station, Lettie...ours is in Russellville. But Good Luck!! I hope the phones start ringing for you! What kind of business do you have?
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:48 AM   #919  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmom View Post
Not the same station, Lettie...ours is in Russellville. But Good Luck!! I hope the phones start ringing for you! What kind of business do you have?
It is a Tree Service, Cut, trim, haul away type thing.
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:51 AM   #920  

I saw a commercial for Jenny Craig the other night...not that I'm thinking about doing the program, but I saw Valerie Bertenelli is now doing it with Kirsti Alley. I really like Valerie. So I checked out the Jenny Craig website, and Valerie is doing a blog of her weight loss. It's pretty neat if you like her, and she talks about how we should walk 10,000 steps per day and she measures it from morning til night with her pedometer. I think I'll go get one (I've been thinking about buying one anyway)...that's a pretty cool daily goal to reach 10,000 steps. Anyway, just thought I'd share
Old 04-19-2007, 11:55 AM   #921  

Lettie - my husband has a business and his greatest success has come from direct mailing and a listing on superpages.com. Now his business is for medical equipment service, repair and sales so he is able to focus on different groups with each mailing, such as chiropractors, then physical therapists, etc....but the cost isn't too terribly high especially if you can come up with a postcard mailing rather than a brochure. If you go to vistaprint.com, you can usually find good deals. We've used them for business cards and their quality is very good and very reasonably priced. And, advertising is a good business expense to write off at tax time!
Old 04-19-2007, 11:57 AM   #922  

OK...now that I read my post, it kinda sounded like an informercial...sorry
Old 04-19-2007, 12:38 PM   #923  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Tina - Valerie Bertinelli was on the cover of People last week (2wks?) and it was an interesting article. My only problem with it was that I thought that they purposely put her in a really unflattering blouse that made her look much heavier than she really is.

Lettie - good luck on getting some more business. I hope the radio ad pans out.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:00 PM   #924  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Michelle07- Congrats on getting through FF, and the 4 lbs. Just starting out, you shouldn't really have to worry about gaining any of that back. Most of it right now is water weight anyway. Sorry, I have never been on blue, so I can't really help you there. I would just break it down to about 6 smaller meals during the day and make sure you are eating some type of protein at most of the meals to keep your energy level up.

Joni- Thanks. I put this one up to show the spiky hair in the back.

Jillian- WTG on your loss.Tina- Love the new family pic. Emmy has gotten so big. Sometimes I wear a pedometer to work. I am on the go all day and it's nothing for me to log 15,000 steps just at work. They say that 10,000 steps is about 5 miles.

Danette- Welcome to the group. You might want to try cutting out the bars for a few days and see if that helps with your tummy. You may have a soy allergy.Letisha- I picked up a lara bar last night at the store. I was pleasantly surprised. I got the cashew cookie one. The ingredient list was - cashews and dates. That's it!! They say no sugar- soy. All natural.

Nancy- I too eat heavier meals the nights I WI. If I am going to eat beef or frozen dinners, I do it the same day after I WI.

I found the new salad spritzers at the grocery store last week. I am loving that raspberry vinaigrette one!
Another rainy, snowy day here. A good day to do some housework and snuggle up in front of the TV. I am really going to try to get a workout in today too. I keep saying that but find something else to do. I just gotta do it!!!!Have a great day all, will check back in later.

Last edited by MTdebster921; 04-19-2007 at 02:08 PM.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:22 PM   #925  
LAWL since 9/06

Hey everyone, just here for a quick note. I went to WI today and I am down 1.2lbs since Tuesday. Yah I made it to 176.2 after fighting the 177's for so long. I have made my first mini goal. I have to give it credit to the strict plan they put me on. I am only allowed to eat out once a week. So now I bring my lunch everyday.

Now it is time to set my second mini goal and that is another 5 lbs before memorial day. It gives me a little over a month. Wish me luck. And thanks to all for the support. It has been tough, but without my DH and you, I couldn't have pulled it off.

Liz
LizzyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:29 PM   #926  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Hi guys! Got in a little while ago from school. Things are quieting down a bit on the work front so I should be able to hang around a bit more.

Yesterday we had birthday cake for one of our classmates. It was chocolate and only from Walmart so I had one bite and it was yummy. Didn't have anymore. Today, however, we had a three layer cake from a baker for our chef's birthday, and then banana bread, chocolate filled croissants and frangipani (almond) filled croissants. Thank God on Monday we are only tasting sea salts and jelly beans! I'm going to WI tomorrow and I'm going to have a chat with the manager about the plan, my schedule, etc. to come up with a solution. I have to taste things, but even though I'm not eating the whole thing, it's those BLTs we talk about so much here.

I am too far behind on the posts. If there is anything major going on, someone let me know, k? Now... time to try and catch up on posts.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:43 PM   #927  

Kim - I saw that People magazine and bought it...I just haven't read it yet. You are right, though, that shirt would be unflattering on almost anyone.

Thanks, Deb - Emmy is getting big (and mommy did too, unfortunately )
Old 04-19-2007, 02:17 PM   #928  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Liz- YAY on breaking your plateau. Hopefully the whoosh fairy will visit you soon. You will make your mem. day goal for sure.

Cassi- Good to see you pop in, we miss you girl!! GL with all those tastes you've got to do. Stay strong!! Are you still really enjoying school?

just made a yummy protein shake- frozen cherries, frozen blueberries, 1 c. ff milk, 1/2 c. skim ricotta cheese, 1 strawberry powdered lite, 1 pkt. splenda. Very filling and a very pretty purple color too. Problem is now that it was so cold and since it's cold outside, I am now shivering. Maybe I am burning calories as we speak. Ok, gotta go get a cup of coffee to warm up here.

Evette- Are you still out there?????
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:17 PM   #929  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!!!!
Cassi......the biggest news around here lately..........is..........
Kristen made her goal!!!!!

Other than that..........nothing too much, except that Deb got a really cute short hair cut, and Sanjaya got voted off.

I am sure there is more........but I too have been very busy.

Oh, and Kim, yeah, I agree, Valerie's blouse was junk.

Ok, I am going to come back a bit later and catch up with everyone. I went to the grocery store today and bought lots of produce.......but i still want sweet treats. At least strawberries are tasty again......and almost all of the fresh veggies and fruits were lower in price.......so that is good. Alrighty then........I will be back......
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:20 PM   #930  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Oh, and on the Sanjaya subject...........I thought all the applause was more because LaKeisha was staying. I will have to re-watch it later and see if I still think that.........I was just happy she hadn't been voted off.............and.........I will predict that Jordan is going to win I predicted that to DH right after she sang this week.......and then dumb old Simon stole my comments............whatever.

p.s. Joni....I am the dumba$$ that made the sclae typo......in a title......which only a moderator can fix........LOL.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote