Old 08-03-2011, 04:44 PM   #226  
Incredible Shrinking Wife

S/C/G: 172.8/142/130

Height: 5'4"

Port - you just keep your chin up, girlie! Hang in there. Not all bosses are like that and I hope - soon - your jacka$$ boss goes the way of some others. My fingers are crossed. I am super-proud of you handling it all and not caving, though - I hope you gave yourself a big ol' pat on the back for that!

Coliep - I'm definitely struggling more with this training than I have in the past, but I am also WAY out of shape after having two kiddos, too. So for now, I'm blaming it on that... keep you posted on how it actually goes. I am, though, struggling with not really seeing any numbers changing on the scale. I have WI on Friday (of course the day after another plane ride, go figure) and am really hoping to see a drop.

Cute - good luck with the training! It's for a great cause,though, so you at least have that fabulous motivation! You can do this!

Cherbee - TOTALLY agree on zucchini in olive oil feeling like a massive cheat! For dinner a couple weeks ago, I julienned my zucchini the long way, sauteed in olive oil & garlic, and threw in some shrimp... and then doused the whole thing in lemon juice. Absolutely IP Phase I friendly and a great sub for shrimp scampi - that felt downright wrong but I enjoyed every bite!
MrsD75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:03 PM   #227  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

First weigh in today, fingers crossed.

I didn't find the food too bad for the first week but am really looking forward to being able to pick more what I want. I found I was given a LOT of puddings and a lot of chocolate items and I'm not a chocolate person. (I know, unbelievable)

Week 1 down, on to week 2!
YvetteSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:22 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Suggestions...

Port...hang in there, and this too shall pass

I have to be at school from 7am to 7:15pm tomorrow and I am stressing as to what to do for dinner????? Just have IP pack? Wait til I get home at 8 (but I know I will NOT feel like eating)....ideas?????
JoseyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:08 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Port, I can't stop thinking about you job situation. The way you are being treated is totally against Canadian labour laws.

I don't know what to advise you but I can sure see why your fiancée feels the way he does about it.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:00 AM   #230  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Yah i hear ya Patns...as i said..its the only job that is flexible enough for me to take care of my daughter and go to work..cause we cant afford daycare and we make to much money as a household to be able to get the daycare subsidy from the government..so its this job or nothing..and really..im doing this for my family..if i have to put up with it i will.. its going to be done soonish..im getting closer to my goal..so ive just got to hang in there..

On the other hand...man..what a bad day for eating..Ever since i got into ketosis..i cant seem to remember to eat..im never hungry anymore! which is nice! except that i cant rememebr to eat...i ate a packet at 12:30pm lunch and then didnt eat again..until now..and now its 1:30 am..and i still wasnt hungry even when i got home...sadly in the house..no more eggs So.. i turned to a high fat alternative..bacon...i was thinking " its going to keep me in ketosis but its going to add the calories and the protein fast without having to consume a lot of it"...Odds are i wont go down on the scale by the time i get up..cause of water retention due to the massive salt in the bacon...but oh well..It was the best thought i could come up with that would mean eating little to boost the calorie count from 140 up to around 1000... I was so afraid i was starving my body..

Plus: on top of not eating all afternoon and evening.. i also felt emotional..and i really wanted to binge on donuts and coffee...so instead i chose the fatty calories over the carby calories..

These arent very good excuses are they? Well.. i deserve it..i should have eaten instead of working through my break...and i should have set my alarm or something to remind me to eat..cause i planned.. i had my packets...but i forgot to eat..cause my body never kicked in to say i was hungry..On top of it... i drank about 4 and a bit litres of water..so maybe that contributed to the no hunger signal?? Am i sound crazy now?? like have i lost it?? or does someone understand what i mean..by not hungry??
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:20 AM   #231  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Port - I have heard that people are not hungry once in ketosis and that you do have to remember to eat sometimes, or force it down. It is good practice for post-IP when you need to eat every 3-4 hours so it may just take some time. Don't worry too much if it happens one day, you will get into a rhythm soon enough! Great job on resisting the donuts etc. I, too, have had a few moments of eating more than I should or things not on my Phase I sheet and I am just trying to do my best not to ruin the whole diet (i.e. choosing protein cals or fatty cals over carby cals). We do our best. it is still working, you are not harming yourself if that happens here or there, rather you are proving you have control even under harsh circumstances.

Today will be WI4. I am going to go by my scale (since it is always lower - first thing in the morning, no clothes on etc.). So, 142.6. That's down about 2.25 since last WI. Not bad.
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:34 AM   #232  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbee82 View Post
Calee - I agree with Coliep - you've earned that change and you'll get to see it every day!
Thanks cherbee and coliep. I did it! I still can't believe it.
calee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:40 AM   #233  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post

Today will be WI4. I am going to go by my scale (since it is always lower - first thing in the morning, no clothes on etc.). So, 142.6. That's down about 2.25 since last WI. Not bad.
FANTASTIC. 2.25 is great.
calee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:45 AM   #234  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

O.k. weird, I got no email about updates to the thread at all, I thought it was just a dead day yesterday.
I was out sick yesterday so I am sorry I missed everything.
My head is still bugging me since the traction on Monday, I am still light-headed and dizzy, but not as bad I think... guess I will find out today after a long day of staring at screens.
Heather, I am sorry you have had such a rough couple of days. I won't get on you for the bacon for that
I know what you mean about the not being hungry, I go a lot of days without eating for quite awhile.
I eat lunch right at noon, but there have been days we haven't eaten dinner until 9:30 just because of stuff going on.
Then I have to force down my snack.

I had my 4th weigh-in yesterday, I got yelled at for not eating my veggies all the time, I need to work on it, but I am not hungry for them.

Looking forward to a lazy weekend, too bad I have two late work days before that happens, but then it should be a smooth weekend.

Still going strong on OP I think I actually convinced another woman to try IP yesterday while waiting for my appointment. She was waiting for a massage appointment, and I started telling her about the program when she asked me if I liked it. She really seemed excited after talking to me about my wife's results and mine.
So yay, I may have helped another person, with just a quick 5 minute conversation.

I will be around most of today, so feel free to sound off on me today.
Take care everyone, and congrats to people with weight losses and for everyone else who is staying strong.

You are all in my thoughts.
Wayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:13 PM   #235  

S/C/G: 152.8/139.4/125

Height: 5'3

Hello my favorite forum IP'ers!

Port - I can't imagine all the stress you are handling right now. And to be handling it while taking care of yourself. It sounds like the job situation is a bit out of you control - and not something that you can easily shed - but the thing that is in your control, your health, you're doing beautifully at. Remember to keep taking care of yourself and hopefully it'll help make those bad work days seem more manageable.

I leave for vacation tomorrow - so I basically have two more days on full IP. I'm going to attempt to do an alternative version of IP - but it definitely wont' be strict Phase 1 - and I'm so fearful to give it up. I know that I can come back and get back in ketosis and at worst I gain some weight and just take more time. It's just been so nice to not be starving all the time. I'm going to count Friday morning as a very short WI # 3 (or maybe WI #2.5) since it'll only reflect 4 days of the week.

What I'm not looking forward to is weighing myself when I get back. Maybe I'll go straight into phase 1 and weigh myself that following Monday.
cherbee82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:50 PM   #236  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward View Post
I had my 4th weigh-in yesterday, I got yelled at for not eating my veggies all the time, I need to work on it, but I am not hungry for them.=.
So I make my kids kale berry smoothies (frozen berries, kale, ice, plain yogurt). You can get a ton of kale in there w/o really tasting it. Perhaps if you blend the Wildberry Yogurt drink with 2 cups of kale and ice you can get the veggies down w/o having to really eat them? That could help for a meal . . .
Old 08-04-2011, 02:57 PM   #237  

My official weigh in was ok - down 2 pounds (shows 144 on their scale). They seem ok with my approach (and my failures), probably because I still spend a lot of money with them. My body fat decreased again so I am happy about that (assuming the little machine is accurate) even though there isn't much change in my measurements. She said I should go to Phase 3 in about 3-4 pounds, which is possible to achieve with one 100% week she thinks. That feels unrealistic but I'd love to believe it! Imagine, next week hitting the 130s and then changing phases. SHe did say some people see an initial weight increase when they shift to Phase 3 so that is something to bear in mind. In the end, I am down 11.2 lbs in 4 weeks =)

Today I had a vanilla shake @ breakfast, bar for AM snack, grilled chicken salad @ lunch, chocolate shake for PM snack. I will likely need another snack before my workout and then i will come home for a late dinner. My muscles, particularly my right bicep, are pretty tight even though yesterday's workout was very light. Hoping not to be humiliated tonight!
Old 08-04-2011, 03:02 PM   #238  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Grats on the 2lbs Coliep... any loss is good, especially considering the percentage you have to work with.
You should be happy with that, you have had a weird couple of weeks, so to still be down even a little is good.
I only lost 4 this week, and I am 100% OP and twice as big as you, so that's good in my opinion.

Keep it up!
Wayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:09 PM   #239  

Wayward - I love veggies (more than meat) so I struggle with keeping it to the 2 cups per meal, so I cannot totally identify but I bet we could help you come up with some ideas for things you will like. It's going to be of importance not just now but so that you can keep the weight off when you hit goal. What kind of meals do you normally like? Any veggies you really hate?
Old 08-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #240  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Port Hardy, sorry you have to deal with a jerk. Are you in a unionized environment? Because that is not acceptable treatment. Saying no is one thing but throwing things is harrassment and bullying.

But I have to admit the main thing that cross my mind was SHE WALKS HOME - IN PORT HARDY - IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT???? You could be eaten by a cougar. Cougars are absolutely my biggest fear in the world.

I went on a kayaking trips from Telegraph Cove and every night I could hardly even get out of the tent to pee because I was so afraid of being eaten by a cougar.

Holy smoke!
JackieGee is offline   Reply With Quote