Old 08-02-2011, 07:41 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Not eating M&Ms = thinner you. Being tan = thinner appearance. Great combo!!!!
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:52 PM   #212  
Incredible Shrinking Wife

S/C/G: 172.8/142/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi, y'all - I'm late to the chat, traveling again... but wanted to chime in on the athletic training, etc. I am training for a half marathon in November, and asked my coach how to handle it. Here's his response, with my comments in [brackets]:

In August you will only need an additional packet on the days you do the full body [strength training] workout and long runs (Mon & Wed & Sat). On the light running days [2-3 miles] as well as the long runs, make sure you have a 1/2 tsp of sea salt in water prior to and after runs with an extra potassium calcium in the evenings.

In September same guidelines apply. [same schedule for training]

In October you need an IP food 30-45min prior to workout AND runs (something solid... ie. Omelet, pancake, oatmeal, or bar. NO chips or nuts) as well as the sea salt & water, then a IP drink following all workouts in October. The peach-mango or chocolate drink mix are great choices. [short runs here are 4-5 miles, long ones up to 11, still strength train 2x/week]

Make sure you do not change anything the week prior to your 1/2 marathon with your diet. The morning of I would again go with a solid choice (like the eggs) for breakfast at least 45 min prior and hydrate with the sea salt 10-15 min before race. During the race, you should have Powerade Ion 4 drink along with water. Afterwards you will have a IP drink as usual. You should do great! I get excited just talking about this! LOL, I'll see you soon!

Maybe this will help with the long walk training as well??

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well staying OP, awesome! Wayward, hope your head feels better? You all inspired me - just want you to know that. I feel like if I screw up traveling I will have to come in here and confess and I really don't want to do that! Ha!
MrsD75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:56 PM   #213  

MrsD - I cannot imagine training for a 1/2 on this diet. I did a 1/2 mid May and since starting this cannot even run a full 3 miles. Now, it is hotter and more humid but man, I get fatigued and my heart starts racing at about 1 1/2 miles or so and then I have to do interval runs home. Similarly, my weight training (I am just doing classes like body sculpt etc) is clearly affected. I am dizzy, breathless, weaker, achy. I used to feel great and now I get super tired. You are my hero(ine)!
Old 08-02-2011, 09:55 PM   #214  
Started IP 07/05/2011

S/C/G: 230/215/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsD75 View Post
Hi, y'all - I'm late to the chat, traveling again... but wanted to chime in on the athletic training, etc. I am training for a half marathon in November, and asked my coach how to handle it. Here's his response, with my comments in [brackets]:

In August you will only need an additional packet on the days you do the full body [strength training] workout and long runs (Mon & Wed & Sat). On the light running days [2-3 miles] as well as the long runs, make sure you have a 1/2 tsp of sea salt in water prior to and after runs with an extra potassium calcium in the evenings.

In September same guidelines apply. [same schedule for training]

In October you need an IP food 30-45min prior to workout AND runs (something solid... ie. Omelet, pancake, oatmeal, or bar. NO chips or nuts) as well as the sea salt & water, then a IP drink following all workouts in October. The peach-mango or chocolate drink mix are great choices. [short runs here are 4-5 miles, long ones up to 11, still strength train 2x/week]

Make sure you do not change anything the week prior to your 1/2 marathon with your diet. The morning of I would again go with a solid choice (like the eggs) for breakfast at least 45 min prior and hydrate with the sea salt 10-15 min before race. During the race, you should have Powerade Ion 4 drink along with water. Afterwards you will have a IP drink as usual. You should do great! I get excited just talking about this! LOL, I'll see you soon!

Maybe this will help with the long walk training as well??

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well staying OP, awesome! Wayward, hope your head feels better? You all inspired me - just want you to know that. I feel like if I screw up traveling I will have to come in here and confess and I really don't want to do that! Ha!
Thank you for the advice. I'm a little nervous because I haven't been training as much as I should. IP has definitely stolen a bit of my energy but I'm excited to get back on track and get this fundraiser completed.
CuteNcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:09 AM   #215  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Ugh..what a terrible day i had a work this evening..oh wait..its not even this evening..its a NEW DAY!! PRAISE GOD!!... i just wanted the evening to be over.. I ended up missing my dinner break at work and watching my boss get mad at me for asking to go home at 11 instead of 11:30 to make up for my missed break and i ended up watching him throw cups and books and kicking garbage cans...yeah he's english and has a temper problem..

What a friggen day.. So after only eating two packets and my last packet being at 3pm and then working all the way through my dinner break..meant i didnt actually eat my dinner and other packet till 1:15 AM.. i mean normall i have an egg or two for extra protein before bed cause my body seems to need the extra protein..but not tonite..no siree bob.. I had to eat dinner and a packet just to keep caught up for the day...So i did...and it was good..but man oh man..did my blood sugar ever dive.. I came home and was very thankful that 1)my assistant boss walked me home because that meant i couldnt hit the local gas station to get junk cause i was starving and 2) im thankful that all the conveinence and grocery stores down the road from me were all closed up by the time i got out of work tonite..

I swear..if there was a grocery store open, i would have b-lined for the donuts..i was so upset and shaken by my bosses explosive rage tonite plus i have pms so im emotional plus i had low blood sugar.. Luckily.. i drank down 3 litres of water at work and it kept me going and i dont seem to get the hungry feeling now that im in ketosis..But it was even a struggle when i got home.. I was standing at the stove making my eggs and i looked into the cupboard and saw my daughters little mini ritz penut butter sandwiches and i really really just wanted to have a taste..but instead i closed the cupboard and kept cooking my eggs...cause i remembered that the last time i cheated..i didnt recover from it and i was out of ketosis and off my diet for a week or two..and i was thinking "man oh man im so close to a 20 pound loss".."dont blow it now!"...

It was hard everybody..it was hard..but you know what.. i didnt give in..I said no again...even when there was no one to hold me accountable to it..Even though i had a crappy crappy day and i could have eaten a million donuts to make me feel better.. i didnt eat a single bad thing today..i stayed 100%OP and while i dont feel 100% great at this moment and cant see or feel the happiness of my decision right now.. i have to believe that when i go to bed and wake up in the morning that i wil see the results of my commitment on the scale.. and i will see it in the mirror..

So anywho..just wanted to share my struggle and my successes of the day..this just proves to me..that i could be like the others who didnt given in..and it should prove to you..that if i can say no..so can you..no matter what life throws our way!
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:10 AM   #216  
Porthardygurl

I also just wanted to say that im proud of my buddy WAYWARD for standing strong and doing this diet right and holding his ground in spite of bad days...Your doing a great job!! Keep it up!! Im proud of you!
Old 08-03-2011, 07:27 AM   #217  

Wow Port - I am SO very proud of you. There are so many challenges in that story that you powered through. When you have food settled in your tummy, a good night's sleep, and you let that a$$'s bad managerial skills wash past you, you will definitely feel happy about your choices and even more elated by the results. I read somebody's signature on there a few days ago that said "If hunger isn't the problem, food isn't the answer." I love that. While you were hungry, hunger is not an emergency and you recognized all of that, held strong, and fed your body what it needs. In this sense, you are paying yourself the greatest reward. Thanks for sharing with us and great job staying strong. Just think . . .if you can do that you can do anything!!
Old 08-03-2011, 07:31 AM   #218  

I think I must've had 5 liters of water yesterday. I wanted a good night's sleep but was up a ton of times - weather radio alarm x2, scared kid crawled in my bed x1 (thunderstorm), another scared kid crying in her bed from a nightmare, the up for good at 6. Sleeeepy. The pot o'coffee is a brewing.

Port - like you mention above, my screw up on this diet has taken me out of ketosis and I am not able to get back in so I am hunnnngry. Especially this morning. On the bright side, I did get down to 143.2, so I am down a pound finally. If the Whoosh Fairy would come and take another pound by tomorrow's weigh in, I would be ecstatic . . . but I will not hold my breath. I am happy to see 143. I needed movement on that scale. Now if I could only see a color change on the ketostix!!

I have a Body Barre class this morning. I have a new attack plan for my misbehaving children, so hopefully today goes better w/o a scene, no yelling, no spanking, no embarrassing moments in the fitness studio. And let's hope I can do whatever Body Barre is . . .
Old 08-03-2011, 09:15 AM   #219  

S/C/G: 152.8/139.4/125

Height: 5'3

Port - What a bad day, but it sounds like you did things in your control to make your tomorrow better. Great job sticking OP even though everything inside you wanted those donuts. It's those days where we would have veered but didn't that will make the difference this time. We don't have to be perfect all the time - but more no thank you then yessssss give me those donuts and we'll get to the finish line.

GOOD JOB!!!
cherbee82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:51 AM   #220  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Height: 5'4"

Port, you really stood firm in your commitment to be OP. I really applaud you for not giving in to emotional eating. Bravo!

Coliep, I'm so happy to see you down a pound!

I woke up this morning afraid that I'd be back in the 150's, just cause why should this work for *me*? Happy to say that I'm still in the 140's and so happy since it's been since around 1975 since I saw this number!
calee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:52 AM   #221  

Calee - change your weight on your profile ---- solidify your accomplishment =) Love it!
Old 08-03-2011, 10:20 AM   #222  

Calee - I agree with Coliep - you've earned that change and you'll get to see it every day!
Old 08-03-2011, 02:15 PM   #223  

Anyone else feel like they're almost cheating when they sautee zucchini? I used 1 tsp of olive oil and 1 1/2 zucchinis (still don't think that's 2 cups, but oh well) and sauteed with Dis n Dat seasoning ... and they look almost oily fried ... but I know I'm supposed to eat all that. Still .......
Old 08-03-2011, 03:47 PM   #224  
Porthardygurl

Good morning everyone.. i dont know if its just me or what..but i feel like im in the land of bad weeks...Today my morning has gotten no better..My fiancee is pissed up the wazoo because i agreed to work for said bad a$$ manager for a few hours..aka..im pulling a 12 hour shift and i dont even work at a hospital! lol...He is mad because im not getting paid for my extra hours..but im doing it because they dont have anyone else and im hoping that showing them that im working hard and going the extra mile, that they will give me a raise....so my fiancee pretty much wants to beat the tar out of my manager for not paying me for my hours and he wants to give him heck for throwing a huge rage fit last night and throwing coffee cups and kicking garbage cans last night...i told my fiancee if he did anything to make me lose my job, that i would leave him because im working this freaking job right now to make enough money to be able to put myself through university so that i can get a better job doing what i want..the moment i have enough money i will quit, but this is the only option for a job right now that i have..there are no others that are as flexible as this one..so i have to keep trucking through it...

Meanwhile, i have to go to the store and im not looking fowrard to it because im emotional and all i want to do is go and find donuts again..it appears that donuts are my run to food in the case of emotional eating...but i dont want to..ever have that thing where you do cause you would love to have a taste of somthing yummy that you have missed but you dont because you really dont want to kick yourself out of ketosis after trying so hard to stay in it!! ..oh....i tell you...if it werent for being in ketosis..i would have gone straight for the donuts today...

My plan of attack is to run along the outside isles..get my veggie cheese and my nestea iced tea stix that are sweetend with splenda and run out as fast as i can...

ColieP- awesome on the water and the pound loss!

To everyone else who is escaping my memory at the moment..good luck! stay op!
Old 08-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Port, what an awful job situation, I can't imagine a boss getting away with such abuse. Missing your supper break put you in a very long stretch of time without food which would not be aceptable if you weren't following an eating program.

Good for you! I would have lost it long before I was facing the little treats in the fridge. Great decision to turn back to the unexciting eggs.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote