Old 08-02-2011, 10:52 AM   #196  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
You will so do it!!! That is a very reasonable length of time to plan ahead for.

Do spouses go to the banquet too? If so you and the missis will make a big impression. i mean the right kind of big impressions!
Yes they do, but I haven't decided if we will all go or not yet this year.
My little one will be right around 9 months, and the banquet is 300 miles away.
They will pay for my travel if I fly, and we are thinking about flying down to surprise my parents for Christmas since my mother can't travel.
I would hate to wait a good trip with the little one on a banquet instead of the trip to AZ.
But we will see.
Wayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Nothing like having all 3 IP products in a 5 hour span. I will have to be very careful the rest of the day. It was hunger mixed with a definite emotional eat. My kids (and I) caused a HUGE scene when I had to remove them from a summer camp class I signed them up for. They were misbehaving and embarrassing and I came home hungry and irate. I ate a bar, because I was trying to feed the screaming baby at the same time and it's the easiest thing to grab. I then had a chocolate drink combined with my coffee because I felt myself wanting to eat the almond butter or something else sweet like the bar. So, I guess I didn't totally lose the battle? Not sure. Obviously picking the two highest carb items and having them TOGETHER is not 100% OP but at least I didn't break it (I don't think, anyway). Now, I still need to have my 2 cups of veggies but I am full, so I will try a mid-afternoon lunch snack with those and perhaps an egg, then go for a regular dinner. Fingers crossed that my choices help me make it through today ok and don't put me further from ketosis. I am still testing negative . . .

Last edited by coliep; 08-02-2011 at 11:40 AM.
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #198  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Coliep, keep fighting the fight.

I haven't had them that close together, but I have had a late breakfast before because I got busy and then I have to take my lunch at a specific time some days so I have been pretty close.

We need some kind of crappy snack food that we are allowed to eat during those stress times etc.

Could have used something last night, they put me in traction at PT last night, and it did not sit well with me. I think they had my head mounted wrong because the whole top of my head was numb when they pulled me out of it and then I was nauseous for like the next 2 hours.
Nothing like trying to ride your motorcycle home with a helmet on when you are light headed and don't feel good.
I really like my therapist, but I am going to have to complain to her the next visit.
The wife is home sick today so I am driving my little buddy around, and I am also going to be cooking tonight too as a result. It's going to be a long day here lol.
I hope everyone stays in good spirits, I am doing my best.
Wayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:54 PM   #199  
Started IP 07/05/2011

S/C/G: 230/215/150

Height: 5' 5"

Ugh...so it's week 4 and I finally hit the no loss week...so soon? I think it might have been because I just couldn't feel full yesterday so I ended up having like 3 plates of salad through the afternoon and evening and tons of water. I knew I should've been careful because I was weighing in this morning but I just couldn't get past the craving for flavour. I also had a minor cheat with a piece of cheese

Other than that I was pretty much OP all last week. It was tricky on the weekend because I was at a team roping event which meant avoiding all of the ordered in pizzas and burgers and buckets of fried chicken but I stuck to plan. The only place I might have slipped up was the salad from McDonald's I chose to have...but I think it was a good alternative to everyone else's orders of burgers and fries. I'm just not sure the counts on it...but it could've been worse.

I have a question...in two weeks I am participating in the Weekend to End Women's Cancer (a 60 km walk over two days and a fundraiser). I am only on my 5th week of IP but I know I will need more calories and probably carbs over this weekend. Does anyone have suggestions? I know I can add extra packets and veggies and such but I'm a little worried about burning out or causing major stress to my body. I'm not using a coach for IP but I've made an appointment with my family doctor to see what she says.
CuteNcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:58 PM   #200  

I am not sure, but I would think doing the athletic protocol over that weekend would help you. Don't quote me, but I believe it entails 2 packets for breakfast, Phase 1 lunch with a hardboiled egg, 2 packets for snack, and a regular dinner. Worst case, have another packet. I haven't tried that long of a walk, but have struggled with oomph in my workouts. I can do slower paced things but I can only do 1/2 my runs and I fizzle out in classes. I finish, but I don't do so with speed or finesse, but I have not actually tried the athletic protocol either. Maybe an extra potassium and some propel zero packets for your water as well could help...
Old 08-02-2011, 01:00 PM   #201  

Oh Wayward, that sounds terrible :/ Nothing like something that is supposed to make you feel better, feel worse! I hope today goes better. I am keeping stronnnnnng. Trying to nap but my mind is racing. Fingers crossed!
Old 08-02-2011, 04:44 PM   #202  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Bump
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:50 PM   #203  
Porthardygurl

Well good morning...

I was happy that even though im suffering from a nasty case of TOM..ive managed to actually jump down a pound..woohoo! Its funny..the nights that i eat two eggs before bed are the next days i seem to lose more weight..i think my body must like the extra protein...

So im happy about my losses!

Sorry to hear life is tough for you Wayward...i hope your wife feels better soon!

Coliep..good job for not falling off the wagon! its tough but i know you can do it!
Old 08-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Checking In

Sorry guys, it seems most everyone has had a rough go today.....I was good today, aggravated at work, my classroom is no where NEAR being ready, still missing 1/2 my stuff, everyday more things show up in our classroom, of course never the stuff I am looking for anyway, just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing. Feel sick, had the big mac bowl for dinner and wanted to throw up, it was just too much food and I still have to get the veggies in...... I just boiled two turnip bottoms and mashed them like potatos w/spray butter, pretty good, but don't think it was close to 2 cups.....don't know what else I can choke down....ughhhhhhh... this is sitting in my throat....no..more...room......
JoseyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:30 PM   #205  
Porthardygurl

Josey dont push it if you cant eat anymore...it will be okay if you dont get them all in ever so often..dont make it a habit..
Old 08-02-2011, 06:31 PM   #206  

josey - this is the first day I am having trouble with my veggies too. Mostly because it just doesn't appeal, not sure why. My early veggies and packet combos had my carbs too high so pretty sure I am not moving close enough for ketosis either, so I am in limbo and just feel kinda of ick myself.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:33 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
josey - this is the first day I am having trouble with my veggies too. Mostly because it just doesn't appeal, not sure why. My early veggies and packet combos had my carbs too high so pretty sure I am not moving close enough for ketosis either, so I am in limbo and just feel kinda of ick myself.
Are you trying to count up the carbs yourself? I think if you just follow the protocol sheet it has all be fiqured out anyway.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:37 PM   #208  

My problem is that I fell off the wagon earlier this week and then I keep forgetting I need to do boot camp vs allowing restricteds and so, yes, to some extent I am trying to watch my carbs . . . to get me back into ketosis easier, to see my body's reaction (my weight loss has slowed a lot - none this week), etc. I had about 150 carbs one day and about 85 another. My choices today were all the higher carb / sugar IP products, so I think my combination of bad choices is preventing me from moving into ketosis and reaping the benefits of the diet . . . at least I think!
Old 08-02-2011, 07:29 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 152.8/139.4/125

Height: 5'3

Hello all - I had a pretty good day - but definitely felt the RIDICULOUSLY strong urge to buy peanut butter m&m's at store. I had had 2 m&m's yesterday - and still lost this morning .... and it's that very tempting - but 1 or 2 won't throw me off talk - but I nipped that in the bud, bought myself some self tanner lotion and am eating my crock pot pork tenderloin while my zucchini chips bake.

Definitely craving everything today.
cherbee82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:37 PM   #210  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbee82 View Post
Hello all - I had a pretty good day - but definitely felt the RIDICULOUSLY strong urge to buy peanut butter m&m's at store. I had had 2 m&m's yesterday - and still lost this morning .... and it's that very tempting - but 1 or 2 won't throw me off talk - but I nipped that in the bud, bought myself some self tanner lotion and am eating my crock pot pork tenderloin while my zucchini chips bake.

Definitely craving everything today.
Give yourself a pat on the back for choosing self tanner lotion instead of the M&M's. EXCELLENT CHOICE!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote