Old 08-01-2011, 11:16 AM   #181  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Hey Wayward...Stay positive! I know we can do this.. Im thinking we should try and make a goal of like..getting into the 250s by the end of september! Cause i was thinking that it gives us about 8 weeks..and even if we only ever lost 2 pounds per week that would get us pretty darn close..but i know we will lose more then that..

Did i mention that your lucky that your a guy and you dont have to put up with TOM? Cause you can still weigh yourself and not see it go up..I on the other hand should throw my scale out for a week cause it wont do me any good to bother looking at it for a week until my body decides not to retain water.. Tut tut...

Go Coliep!-We are all rootin for you for a 100% OP bootcamp! You can do it!

Awesome news Calee! Keep it up!

Cherbee-Yah it definitly helps to reduce the salt in your diet on here from normal intake..i find i retain water lots if i overdo it on the salt..and then it makes my water drinking efforts a complete whaste of time.
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:05 PM   #182  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Port.... yes I am a guy, but that doesn't mean I never go up on the scale lol.
I did this weekend and I sweated my butt off out in the sun on Saturday and I still went up lol.
So I am not weighing myself again until my WI on Wednesday, tired of beating myself up over it.

As for the challenge for September, let's do it, 250 or less by the end of September. Anyone else want to shoot for 50 pounds in 3 months, which is basically we what are both shooting for.
Anyone else feel free.

Had my wonderful chocolate shake for breakfast, and what am I having for lunch... the same damn thing lol.
My clinic ran out of Cappuccino? WTH, my wife and I both ordered a box and they were out, that is like my favorite thing to drink.
Oh well, what can you do, now just lots of chocolate which means at the end of 2 weeks I will hate it too lol.
Keep smiling everyone.
Wayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:00 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Wayward - maybe add some instant (or reg) coffee to your chocolate shake? Makes it more like a cappucino. I like to add a little cinnamon, and think it's really good warmed or frozen (maybe will feel like variety even though it's not lol).

Today is an evil day. My children are behaving horribly. They were whiny and misbehaving this morning, then when I dropped them off for a 1 hour dance camp and took my body sculpt class apparently they were disruptive and didn't participate and didn't earn stickers (embarrassing and a tremendous waste of $$). Then, I get home and the middle one found it funny that she peed all over a bunch of toys - that is the second "not-so-accident" in the last 2 days . . . after 5 perfect weeks. I wouldn't be angry if it wasn't purposeful. So, my blood is boiling and its giving me even worse tremors than I had all morning. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Great job to everyone else on your victories, big and small and here's to a strong week ahead!
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:33 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Just got back from my first weigh in. I am beyond pleased that I was down 4.8 pounds. At 5'1" and at age 64 it is more difficult than ever to lose weight and it has always been a tremendous struggle for me.
I made the pancake from the crunchy cereal for lunch and am still thinking how good it was. This board and all your ideas is making this much more doable than doing it on my own.

I had lost 2 pounds from Monday to Friday. I was worried because I had to eat out twice over the weekend. Saturday was picking someone up at the airport and thought Harvey's was the best option available. I had the garden salad and grilled chicken which was surprisingly good. But I used their light dressing and when I came home I looked it up and was shocked to see it was 66 calories but 0 carbs. The calories must have come from the oil.
Then last evening went out for evening meal with my son at The Keg. I felt all evening like I had really cheated, I had the 8 oz sirloin and great grilled veggies, mostly peppers. But I was worried because the steak was so good that it must have been coated in nasty stuff.
But this morning I saw The Keg steak spice at the grocery store and it is 0/0/0. So with my two meals eaten out over the weekend I dropped 3 pounds. I think I need to make sure I am getting in th olive oil when I make my own stuff, there was olive oil on the salads at both places.

Hope everyone on this thread is seeing early results to motivate us to go on. I keep thinking by Christmas I should be in a lot better shape than last Christmas.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:59 PM   #185  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Just got back from my first weigh in. I am beyond pleased that I was down 4.8 pounds. At 5'1" and at age 64 it is more difficult than ever to lose weight and it has always been a tremendous struggle for me.

I keep thinking by Christmas I should be in a lot better shape than last Christmas.
Grats on your loss, that is great!!

As for the Christmas thing, I am right there with you.
My instructor job has it's annual banquet the 5th of December each year, well that weekend anyways.
I have always been one of the biggest instructors in the entire state, and I plan on being at my goal by then if I have anything to say about it.

I plan on shocking the **** out of all of the office staff that have to order my uniforms etc... and getting to place a complete new order for new uniforms for the 2012 teaching season.
Wayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:27 PM   #186  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Hey everyone, its been a busy day for me. I had a lot of running around to do early this morning and just getting back now. I brought my shakes and water with me so it wasn't too bad and ate my veggies when I got home. Wasn't really hungry but ate anyways.

Great job on all of the weight losses to everyone!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:55 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 154.5/134/128

Height: 5'4

Hi every one, today was a tough day!!!! I am attending a 2 day conference and they are serving breakfast and lunch both days.
So I stayed away from all the pastries, danish, and bread this morning. Then for lunch I tried not to stare as every one ate their dessert (fruit tarts of course, one of my favorites) the in the afternoon they had mrs fields cookies, milk and white chocolate.
I didnt have any of it but came home seriously depressed and craving sweets.
decided to get on here and read some inspiration, its only day 12 for me!
And I have to go back tomorrow
ExPiglet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:07 PM   #188  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPiglet2 View Post
Hi every one, today was a tough day!!!! I am attending a 2 day conference and they are serving breakfast and lunch both days.
So I stayed away from all the pastries, danish, and bread this morning. Then for lunch I tried not to stare as every one ate their dessert (fruit tarts of course, one of my favorites) the in the afternoon they had mrs fields cookies, milk and white chocolate.
You did SO GOOD!! You need to take a bar with you for those sweet cravings. Just as long as you don't eat them every day you will be okay.
It is hard I know. I just keep looking at the results I will have in another 7 months (I have a LOT to lose). Food is only fuel for our bodies. That's it.
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 252.8/165.2/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPiglet2 View Post
It does get easier with time. I was faced with the same dilemma when I started the program and we were having all sorts of sweets and food brought into our school for teacher appreciation week. It helped for me to walk around the school instead of being in the room where everyone was eating. Maybe try and take a walk at that time. Good luck if you have to go through all of this again tomorrow.
Louisiana chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:29 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 152.8/139.4/125

Height: 5'3

Congrats on everyone's successes today!

Patns - 4.8 is what I lost my first week too.

ExPiglet - Way to go - your depression today on "missing out" will turn into success on the scale either tomorrow (OORRR the next day). Unfortunately we don't always get it the day we want it.

Today is one of those days where I'm lucky that everything is clicking. Consistent losses on scale, clothes fitting better, getting easier to say no, and made faux fried "rice" for dinner. Cauliflower grated to rice size and stir fried with pork tenderloin and ginger/curry/garlic/onion powder/vinegar and tiny tamari.
cherbee82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:49 PM   #191  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward View Post

My instructor job has it's annual banquet the 5th of December each year, well that weekend anyways.
I have always been one of the biggest instructors in the entire state, and I plan on being at my goal by then if I have anything to say about it.

I plan on shocking the **** out of all of the office staff that have to order my uniforms etc... and getting to place a complete new order for new uniforms for the 2012 teaching season.

You will so do it!!! That is a very reasonable length of time to plan ahead for.

Do spouses go to the banquet too? If so you and the missis will make a big impression. i mean the right kind of big impressions!

Last edited by patns; 08-01-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:57 PM   #192  

Piglet & Louisianna; any kind of conference and/or also working in a school are never ending carb fests. Good job on side stepping the traps.

I wonder if other professions involve meeting after meeting with high carb treats offered non stop? Good job both of you in overcoming the temptations.

Cheerbee how long have you been on the plan? You are not very tall either, 4.8 is fantastic the first week I think. What happened at your next weigh in?
Looks like you are right on track.

Last edited by patns; 08-01-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:11 AM   #193  

S/C/G: 152.8/139.4/125

Height: 5'3

Patns - I just finished two weeks on Monday. My second week I lost 3.8 - so I'm feeling VERY happy with the progress. 10 day vacation coming up on Friday - and no IP products coming with me - but with my success on IP, I'll be starting the next three weeks I ordered as soon as I get back!
cherbee82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:27 AM   #194  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward View Post

Me too! Well i hope to be close to goal.. im not sure that 100 will happen by Christmas..but i will be at least happy to be closer to goal...I have a Christmas Banquet that my hunny goes to every year...so i would love to be a skinny mini or close to by then..and shock the crap out of all my family! My family lives far away..so it would be awesome to show them i did it!!
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:12 AM   #195  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

My goal was to be to my goal (135ish) in 10 days. I am still 144, so obviously not going to reach that one (yes, my fault). My revised goal is to lose the last 9 pounds in the next 3 weeks while phasing out and increasing exercise so that I have been in maintenance for over a month in time for my birthday and attending a wedding and our vacation (October 1 and forward). I want to be fit and solid by the time I turn 38 and have to wear a swimsuit =) I need to keep my eye on the prize!!!!!!!!!!

When I dieted before I would make a collage of women with bodies I aspired to. I would wake up in the morning and when I wanted to snooze the alarm instead of run, I would see those and it motivated me. Perhaps I should do that again!!

I am SO sore after yesterday's workout. I fizzled A LOT during it, and it was embarassing as I was the only student so I couldn't hide. In essence it was like a personal training session for an hour. My arms look extra defined today for me and have the ache to go with it. Kinda love it though!!!!
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote