Old 07-31-2011, 07:26 PM   #166  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyM View Post
Okay, long day, tons of things to do to get ready to head back to work tomorrow and move into my new classroom....4 hour staff meeting first, with breakfast catered in by a local YUMMY rest....think anyone will be jealous of my IP shake?????rotfl....NOT!!!
Anywho, Will have to leave bright and early and get 2 kids up and moving, so there probably won't be a post tomorrow morning, WUV2., I will text you and let you know I am on the straight and narrow
Dinner tonight, chicken, cubed (marinated in about 1.5 tbls of WF honey bbq), sauteed with zuchinni, red/gree/yellow bell peppers, cumin, seasalt, minced garlic, 1 tbls evoo, and about 1/2 tbls WF peanut butter sauce.....and for dessert 1 cup rhubarb simmered w/1 packet stevia and 2 tsp WF strawberry syrup....... VERY full, find it hard to eat all my dinners now......
Wanted to check in and read some threads for support tomorrow...have an awesome week and hope everyone had an OP weekend.....
Sounds like a yummy dinner!.....Have a great first day back to work!!...I'll be waiting on that text!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:25 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Oh, good luck, I won't have to do that until the end of the month as our school year runs different. I'll be interested to see how you American teachers do for the this month. I know the biggest challenge for me is to get the time to eat that huge salad at lunch so it is nice to get used to the program over the sunner break.

Pat
Pat, I will keep you posted and let you know how it goes...Our county in Florida goes back the earliest of most (if not all), most the rest of Florida will not go back for another 2-3 weeks. Teachers go this week and our students start the 8th, that gives one week of pre planning/moving. It will be an adjustment as I will have breakfast at 6 am, don't know if I will have 1st (11:10), 2nd (11:46) or 3rd (12:08) lunch yet and I won't have dinner until 6 or 7 the earliest...YIKES....plus I am used to cooking fresh veggies for lunch. I am committed though, but will definitly let you know how it goes...
JoseyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:26 PM   #168  

Quote:
Pat, I will keep you posted and let you know how it goes...Our county in Florida goes back the earliest of most (if not all), most the rest of Florida will not go back for another 2-3 weeks. Teachers go this week and our students start the 8th, that gives one week of pre planning/moving. It will be an adjustment as I will have breakfast at 6 am, don't know if I will have 1st (11:10), 2nd (11:46) or 3rd (12:08) lunch yet and I won't have dinner until 6 or 7 the earliest...YIKES....plus I am used to cooking fresh veggies for lunch. I am committed though, but will definitly let you know how it goes...
oh, yeah, forgot to mention, we get a whopping 22 minutes to eat lunch!!!!
Old 07-31-2011, 09:38 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
oh, yeah, forgot to mention, we get a whopping 22 minutes to eat lunch!!!!
I was in Florida for the IRA conference in May, really enjoyed getting south, it was still cold and rainy here.
We finish school on the last day of June and I will be back third week in August.
We have 45 minutes for lunch but there is always something comes up to interupt the time.

I saw someone mentioned on one post that some US states have cut out recess and just add some extra minutes at lunch. What a shame for the kids they don't get much free playtime anymore and sure come back in better ready to work after playtime outside.

Thinking of you all tomorrow!
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:57 PM   #170  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Sounds like a yummy dinner!.....Have a great first day back to work!!...I'll be waiting on that text!
Btw very pretty new picture
Old 08-01-2011, 12:24 AM   #171  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Btw very pretty new picture
Awww thank you!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:25 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 292/262/150

Height: 5' 3"

Sundays are really hard for me to stay OP. I think because my schedule is different. I stopped fo gas on the wy to church this evening and bought some Fritos. Ate part of the bag-got home-poured water in the rest. So still a big cheat but could have been worse. Had been doing great all week. Now it will take several days to get back in line. Need to come upwith a different plan now that I realize Sundays are weak diet-wise. Called a friend and asked her to bean accountability partner for me. She agreed and I think that will help.
justamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:42 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Justamom - I am having a similar difficulty, especially wtih DH sitting next to me snacking. I fell off the wagon too with some trail mix yesterday. Ugh.
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:31 AM   #174  

Ok, so clearly this isn't working for me. I cannot seem to go more than 3-4 days OP before I have some sort of downfall. Obviously all my own doing, but since I have struggled for 3 of my 4 weeks to get on track, I think I am not doing myself any favors. So, I think I am going to go strict Phase 1 to get back into Ketosis for the rest of this week, then move into Phase 3 and on to Phase 4 at the pace my coach allows. I don't like spending 1/2 of my week feeling like a diet failure, yet obviously I don't dislike it enough to stop giving in. Anyway, perhaps seeing an end in sight might also keep me on the straight and narrow.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:28 AM   #175  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Josey, that's an intense schedule after being at home. I know that you're going to make this work because you're so commited to being OP. Good luck!
calee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:35 AM   #176  
Working on the Last 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
Ok, so clearly this isn't working for me. I cannot seem to go more than 3-4 days OP before I have some sort of downfall. Obviously all my own doing, but since I have struggled for 3 of my 4 weeks to get on track, I think I am not doing myself any favors. So, I think I am going to go strict Phase 1 to get back into Ketosis for the rest of this week, then move into Phase 3 and on to Phase 4 at the pace my coach allows. I don't like spending 1/2 of my week feeling like a diet failure, yet obviously I don't dislike it enough to stop giving in. Anyway, perhaps seeing an end in sight might also keep me on the straight and narrow.
Coliep, at your height, it looks like you're at a great BMI. I wonder if your body is just plain hungry and when you feel those signs, you give into something that's not on plan? Do you use the bars? You might have one of those instead of whatever you generally give in to. At least you'd be getting a good protein hit with lower carbs. I'd plan in something that works for you and helps you to not feel like a failure. It's tough to not throw in the towel when you feel like a failure. Phase 1 is a great idea. I bet you'll get back into ketosis quickly. Get those ketostix so that you can reward yourself each day by seeing that you're in ketosis. It really helps me stay on track. I read Dr. Tran's online book last night and it really helped me to understand things better. Good luck. I know you can do this!!
Old 08-01-2011, 09:43 AM   #177  
Working on the Last 10!

Today was first WI at home. I'm using alternative products and was so pleasantly surprised. I've weighed myself during the week, but honestly was still shocked this morning at my success. I'm visualizing my first goal of anything under 150 to happen early this week.

Last Monday - 155, this morning WI #1 -4.6

I'm so ecstatic!!
Old 08-01-2011, 09:54 AM   #178  

S/C/G: 152.8/139.4/125

Height: 5'3

WI # 2 this morning - down 3.8lbs! YAY! I was nervous because I only lost (I know only sounds funny here - but people typically lose more the first week) 4.8lbs ... but now 8.6 down - I'm feeling great.

I sadly think my love of tamari was definitely temporarily hiding my weight loss.

5 more days until a forced vacation. But ordered three more weeks of IP and I'll get back to it as soon as I get home. Also taking Whey Protien Isolate on my trip and will try to have that for breakfast and lunch with my veggies as much as possible, drink sparingly, and have very small portions of dinner.
cherbee82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:02 AM   #179  

Thanks Calee, I appreciate the kind words and thoughts. Yes, I definitely do get hungry. My first week, I did really well eating lettuce and hot salt/pepper "soup" (water) to get me through. I also slept a lot to get by. The second week I was doing really well also except that I would get kind of a hungry, weakish feeling and I craved a TBSP or 2 of natural peanut butter, especially if I let myself get too hungry. I would let myself have that, and feel satisfied but felt terribly guilty bcz it wasn't OP. So the third week I asked for those Vanilla Peanut bars, despite my desire to not get restricted foods. I feared eating those kind of bars would just wet my appetite for something sweet and also inhiit rapid weight loss. Nevertheless, I wanted to try and stay OP 100% so I got them. They don't seem to satisfy me . . . I like them but always want more :/

While I am hungry and need more food at times, especially post workout (day after usually), other times it is just me wanting the taste of something . . . a craving. I am trying to learn what it is my body needs vs. what my mind/taste buds want, how I feel after eating certain foods etc.

So yesterday's trail mix fest (a food I don't normally eat at all!) left me feeling funky. But this morning, I feel great. I feel ready for my workout, not hungry, not craving etc. nlike being really hunrgy like I normally am on IP, I forced myself to have a shake (I usually have the omelet and an entire head of romaine stir fried). I feel good and renewed in my commitment. I just wish I didn't have to cheat before I felt that commitment again.

I do hope to get back into ketosis quickly. I bought the ketostix a few days ago (and that's how I know I wasn't in ketosis this morning). I think working towards that color change will be helpful. I just wish I could stick to this diet. My BMI is ok, about 22.9 as of last week but I keep striving on this diet (vs another) because I want to burn the fat deposits on my thighs and hips and belly. I just wish I could find a way to make it work for me where I wasn't falling off the wagon each week. Even though I am losing and benefiting in certain ways from the diet, I am clearly not doing it as it is supposed to be done.

Uh oh, just noticed the time. Off to body sculpt!

To be continued . . .
Old 08-01-2011, 10:54 AM   #180  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Wow busy weekend... for everyone it looks like.
Congrats to everyone that had great weigh-in's and to everyone who achieved minor goals!!!
I was busy this weekend too, I had to teach bright and early Saturday morning and it was hot out on the asphalt, I have to say riding home from class was the first time I really wanted food.
I was just plain hungry that day, I don't know if it was because it was so hot, or if it was a combination of things.
I had my camelback on during class and stayed hydrated as good as I could but it was hot!

Stayed OP though, but just felt wiped afterwards.
Didn't get back in time for my reunion, even though I was so wiped I doubt I would have went anyways.
But it would have been nice to see a couple of people.

Coliep, you were doing so good, I wish you better luck at staying in phase 1 this week, I know you can do it, you almost made it last week.
Heather great job this weekend!!! You rock, keep it up and before you know it we will both be below 250.

I have been dealing with back pain all weekend ever since my class, I don't know what it was, I must have done something, picked up a motorcycle wrong, just twisted my back weird, something.
Hopefully my PT will take care of it tonight.

Everyone do their best today, stay positive and have a wonderful Monday.
Wayward is offline   Reply With Quote