Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 07:12 AM   #241  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushigirl View Post
What are everyone's favorite non restricted veggies? I'm really tired of lettuce. Tonight for dinner I had chicken, asparagus, and some saurkraut. I was trying to be creative, but it wasn't exactly delicious. Any words of advice? I love zucchini, but I'm a little zucchini'd out.
Kale chips, turnip fries... lovelovelove. I still eat them on maintenance. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Hi Everyone! Sorry I am still missing. I can't wait to get home and catch up next week!

Food and eating has been ok. BORING.. but ok. I haven't had any of my favorites. I just watched as others enjoyed the classic San Francisco favorites. Not a drop of wine either!

Overall, feeling good. The nice thing about the boat is, like a hotel with a kitchen(ette), it is easy to keep and cook what I need. I have packed a "lunch and snack bag" which has followed me all around town. The drinks and veggie snacks have really kept me on track.

Well, sorry for a long post. I am looking forward to getting back and caught up with everyone.
Rock star!! it will be SO worth it in the end. Miss you, and look forward to your return!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
The convention was actually a good lesson for me. Key is prep, prep, prep, and having the safety net of the prep if you can't eat what's in front of you. I could eat nearly nothing, but made it through.
Brilliant effort! I know how you feel. Went to a cookout while in Phase 2 at the home of a couple who had started IP a few weeks before. Thought for SURE there would be a veggie platter or SOMETHING I could make a dinner out of (I don't eat burgers or hot dogs), but that didn't happen. And no bottled water... just soda, beer and wine. I ended up hanging out at the H20 dispenser on the refrigerator door. I finally did eye a stray veggie burger and managed to finagle one of those. So yes, it's best not to let yourself get caught unprepared!
Old 07-23-2010, 07:14 AM   #242  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

It was a small loss for me this week. 1.2, but I'm so happy to see the 170s that I'm not even sad! It was my TOM, so at least I didn't gain! 85 lbs seemed like so much, it still does, but the fact that I'm half way there means I can and WILL do this! Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:17 AM   #243  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
It was a small loss for me this week. 1.2, but I'm so happy to see the 170s that I'm not even sad! It was my TOM, so at least I didn't gain! 85 lbs seemed like so much, it still does, but the fact that I'm half way there means I can and WILL do this! Hope everyone has a great weekend.
So terrific, Kelsey!! You absolutely WILL get it done, and the results will be downright thrilling! Keep it going, girl!
Old 07-23-2010, 07:38 AM   #244  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey41 View Post
Great NSV tonight. We are getting ready to go ... So, I saw the 12's in the drawer and thought, what the heck, let's just see how tight they are...THEY FIT!!!
Wonderful NSV! I would think at your current weight and height you'd be a 12. I'm a 14 now, with some really close 12MT, so by that weight I'm hoping to be sporting 12s!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAB3319 View Post
Super Excited!! I Think I Finally Got My Ticker(if I Have It Set Up Correctly) And I Got Into The 150's Today!!! Woo Hoo
Congrats on the trackers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Hi Everyone! ... I am looking forward to getting back and caught up with everyone.
We miss you, but have a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
I have yet to get my first weigh in and actually I'm excited about... how crazy is that?
I just have a couple days left before the weigh in and before I have to get my new packages... I am trying not to bust the bank and just get a few things... decisions decisions...
You should be excited. : It will be great, you'll be amazed how the WIs are the reason that you stay motivated (most of the time). Other times you will need this board, but we'll be here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
So terrific, Kelsey!! You absolutely WILL get it done, and the results will be downright thrilling! Keep it going, girl!
Thanks, Novak. I'm trying!
Old 07-23-2010, 08:20 AM   #245  

Quote:
What are everyone's favorite non restricted veggies? I'm really tired of lettuce. Tonight for dinner I had chicken, asparagus, and some saurkraut. I was trying to be creative, but it wasn't exactly delicious. Any words of advice? I love zucchini, but I'm a little zucchini'd out.
Currently, I'm in love with cauliflower and mushrooms sauteed in olive oil, sea salt and red pepper flakes...what would I do without my red pepper flakes!

I also, really like my lettuce sauteed lightly in the same mixture...yummm.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:32 AM   #246  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Well said.
Thanks Novak. Here's today's question. I was good as gold yesterday. Gained those 3 pounds in one evening. Why don't they come back off in one day?? One of life's little mysteries...The good news is I feel so much better today. Yesterday it was almost like a hangover even though I had no alcohol. Sugar hangover I guess!

Melissa K-- big congratulations on the 77777777777777sss. Just keep thinking about today and suddenly you will be at your goal. Ok maybe not suddenly but you know what I am saying. It doesn't seem like 5 months for me at all. I feel like I started IP not very long ago. So, keep doing exactly what you're doing. Today I can do IP. I don't know about tomorrow but I know that I can do it TODAY. And that's what you say each day....besides, you don't need my pep talk. You' re doing GREAT!!!

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 07-23-2010 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:03 AM   #247  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Thanks Novak. Here's today's question. I was good as gold yesterday. Gained those 3 pounds in one evening. Why don't they come back off in one day?? One of life's little mysteries...The good news is I feel so much better today. Yesterday it was almost like a hangover even though I had no alcohol. Sugar hangover I guess!
Well, first of all, you didn't gain 3 pounds of fat that's now redeposited itself. What you gained is what you ate, fluid, etc. that hasn't yet been completely eliminated.

Second, you have yet to go through Phase 3, during which time you will awaken your pancreas and "retrain" your body to process food. You want to establish new patterns that mimic the fat-burning capabilities of people who are naturally slender... which I certainly ain't!

Phase 3 is critical to your ability to manage your weight during maintenance, for that reason. Unless you have been bopping in and out of ketosis during the weight loss phases, you should be fine. What I don't know is whether people who continually force insulin secretion during Phases 1 and 2 will be able to achieve the same effect during two weeks of Phase 3. It certainly will not happen if you cause insulin spikes more than once a day while in Phase 3... that's what the "big breakfast" is all about. But I can't say whether frequent patterns of being in and out of ketosis prior to Phase 3 will disrupt the "retraining" process. If someone has a really good nutritionist/coach, they might know the answer.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:01 AM   #248  

S/C/G: 295/252/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I like to make my own salsa withe diced tomatoes, sea salt, galic salt, cummin, cider vinegar, splenda, onion and you can add a little jalepeno pepper if want a little kick...I use it as a dressing on my salad, it's kinda like a taco salad...I sometimes add my 5-oz of hamburger with it at supper...YUMMY
Old 07-23-2010, 10:04 AM   #249  

S/C/G: S: 236/C: 188/G: 125

Quote:
thanks barbara! and, atta girl!!!! it's cool to see that so many other women are going through the same thing that I am. This is the coolest website! For just starting last thursday, it seems like you've lost a lot! Thats awesome! I got on my scale this morning and it says im 4 lbs lighter than yesterday. Is that possible???!! I mean, I worked a night shift last night so I was up and moving all night long, maybe that has something to do with it. Only thing that sucks is that if I lose like 9 lbs the first week, I'm afraid I'll be disappointed in subsequent weeks when I don't lose as much. But I'll pretty much take anything I can get as long as I lose something!
According to my scales, I had lost 6 pounds from Thursday to Sunday. At the weigh-in on Tuesday, his scales said 8.2 pounds down in 6 days. I asked him if it was really possible that it was so high, and he said that a lot of that was just the excess fluid and other non-essential stuff from the foods I had been eating BIP. Subsequent weeks would show less weight loss, and it was just fine and expected.

So, that all being said, apparently a larger loss in the first week is the norm and I think you're doing great!! Keep it up and just think, even if you only lose 2-3 pounds a week, that's still 2-3 pounds closer to your goal and 2-3 pounds less than where you were the week before. You CAN do this!!
Old 07-23-2010, 10:14 AM   #250  

S/C/G: 256/236/185

Height: 5 foot 9.25 inches

Some WI are better than others! Today was a great one
NSV down 5 inches waist, down 4 in hips and 2 inches in the chest (where I didn't want to loose) Have to buy a couple of things to wear for work - all my tops are falling off my shoulders. Think it's time for a trip to the hairdresser and to get a pedicure - I've earned it!

Last edited by jordash; 07-23-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:25 AM   #251  

In my registration, I didn't count the 11 pounds I lost from March to May on my self-implied "eat less, move more" try at losing weight. When I started that process, my scales said 236. Before I went to the IP clinic last Thursday evening, my scales said 226 that morning. (I must have regained a pound!) Of course, Jeff's IP scales said 233.6.

This morning, my scales definitely said 217. Now I know that any weight loss is good, but I think I could safely count the difference from 236 to 217 as my grand total. On my IP weigh & measure on Tuesday, I know that I'll see a difference there too.

For confidence purposes, I'm gonna say that I'm down a total 19 pounds since March. Since I started IP, I'm gonna say that I'm down 9 pounds. I really need to get one of those fancy scales like Jeff has - he says they're only $35 and at least I'd be more in line with what his scales say. This back and forth is confusing, but both numbers are still going down!!

Also, I'm finding that I need to keep digging in my closet and drawers for smaller sizes. What a great feeling that is!

Barbara

One for every five pounds lost:
Old 07-23-2010, 10:28 AM   #252  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Just me, checking in after my weigh in this morning, I am down 2 more pounds and 4 more inches!!! ( and I still need to poop!) lol

That's 9 1/2 " total loss and 11 1/2 inches lost in TWO weeks...( wish I knew how to post the danicing carrots!!!!!!!!!!!)

Oh, my coach "Deb" says after the 3rd week on this diet my energy should kick in.. but she wants me to let her know at my next weigh in if I am still dragging, cause she may want to adjust something.... ?????

I chose to move my weigh in appts from fri mornings to monday mornings so I will stay strong over weekends!! AND I am treating myself to a massage today!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to thank you all for your loving support!!! Knowing your all a just a lap top away is so comforting, esp when my emotions call me to the kitchen..

Be Strong, Have Faith and let us stand united fighting this battle together!!!!
Old 07-23-2010, 10:32 AM   #253  

Just another quick note - I found a really cool Bon Jovi shirt online that I desperately want to buy. It's long sleeve and runs small, they say. It will be perfect as a birthday gift to myself, but I just wonder if I should buy a large or an extra-large. They recommend buying a size larger since it runs small, but I know that I'll be a lot smaller by then. And I LOVE Bon Jovi!! Gotta have this shirt!!

Now, just to keep avoiding my 15 year old daughter's ice cream birthday cake for a few more days. . . . .

Barbara

One for every five pounds lost:
Old 07-23-2010, 10:35 AM   #254  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Just me, checking in after my weigh in this morning, I am down 2 more pounds and 4 more inches!!! ( and I still need to poop!) lol

That's 9 1/2 " total loss and 11 1/2 inches lost in TWO weeks...( wish I knew how to post the danicing carrots!!!!!!!!!!!)

Oh, my coach "Deb" says after the 3rd week on this diet my energy should kick in.. but she wants me to let her know at my next weigh in if I am still dragging, cause she may want to adjust something.... ?????

I chose to move my weigh in appts from fri mornings to monday mornings so I will stay strong over weekends!! AND I am treating myself to a massage today!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to thank you all for your loving support!!! Knowing your all a just a lap top away is so comforting, esp when my emotions call me to the kitchen..

Be Strong, Have Faith and let us stand united fighting this battle together!!!!
Great job!!! You're doing so very well!!
Old 07-23-2010, 10:37 AM   #255  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Nice OSV here... I have had a pair of gray pants in my closet for awhile. I haven't worn them in at least 2 years, probably more. I put them on today and they fit very nicely. My youngest daughter said to me "Soon they won't fit again Mommy, but in a good way!" I love my cheerleaders!
Closed Thread