Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 08:02 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 148/111.5/115

Height: 5'4"

My coach actually told me she wanted me at 100% before I moved to phase 2. I guess the slow loss/gain problem is pretty universal.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:06 PM   #302  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
Erin,

you'll be just fine BUT I have to point something out about your signature.

when the dancing folk go from left to right, I can see profile pic of my good friend from FB!!!!

going to reload page and look again. Does anyone else see 2 pics side by side of a guy on Erin's signature under the dancing purple guy?
Pita, have you been using any ground-up foreign mushrooms to season your food? Just asking....
Old 07-23-2010, 08:11 PM   #303  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie View Post
Pita, have you been using any ground-up foreign mushrooms to season your food? Just asking....
no but just had a lindora bar

I honestly see it, might have to do with my laptop, I also have a tab open to FB
Old 07-23-2010, 08:27 PM   #304  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Just wondering... did your coach have you move to Phase 2 at 80%? I waited to until 90%, so I'm not sure how to predict the course your path will take. I know week one was slow for both my sister and me, as well as Wannabe, but I also think we were all well beyond the 80% mark.

my goal with my coach is 157 so i can be at 160 once my glycogen stores rebuild-normally 3 lbs. the 155 is where i'd like to be but she's insisted i don't go down anymore because she thinks i'm fine(this is also my boss so it's hard to argue with her-if you know what i mean) she's said that if stay on maintainance for awhile and still want to drop any more once my body adjusts, that i can go on phase 1 for a couple of weeks and get there. she does 80%..

ellie, no guy, but is he cute?!?!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 07-23-2010 at 08:29 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:30 PM   #305  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie View Post
Made me laugh! I do not see anything either.

Finally found some rhubarb today. I tried the recipe with vanilla, cinnamon and splenda. That is really good, but very tart. Almost tasted like lemon. Really enjoyed it for a change. Has anyone had any luck freezing it? I thought I would clean and cut into small pieces and then seal and freeze in two cup portions? Any tips or suggestions?
Old 07-23-2010, 08:37 PM   #306  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

I found out that I can't resist the IP items that are "snacks" (the vinegar soy chips, and the choc covered soy balls). Took me right back to my "old life" where I wanted to snack from after dinner till I went to bed. One pkg wasn't enough for me. The pudding shakes don't cause this behavior...or even the bars...My coach gave me one bar to try and I cut a 1/4" piece off of each night to have after my pudding shake...it lasted me over a week....so I encouraged my coach to see if any of the other patients wanted to trade packages so we could all get a taste without buying 7 pkgs at one time.....and, yes, a lot of people liked the idea and I was able to trade my no-no item for things I could resist. Hope sometime to be where I can control that "snack" urge!!! I wasn't happy with me!

Marilyn
Old 07-23-2010, 08:37 PM   #307  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
my goal with my coach is 157 so i can be at 160 once my glycogen stores rebuild-normally 3 lbs. the 155 is where i'd like to be but she's insisted i don't go down anymore because she thinks i'm fine(this is also my boss so it's hard to argue with her-if you know what i mean) she's said that if stay on maintainance for awhile and still want to drop any more once my body adjusts, that i can go on phase 1 for a couple of weeks and get there. she does 80%..

ellie, no guy, but is he cute?!?!
very cute but he plays for the other team

so you are 163 now? that is only 3 till your actual goal, isn't it? I am not downsizing your anguish but I want you to know that I only lost 3 pounds for the 3 weeks I was on phase II...I went into it at 132 and my goal was 130. Your results are not unusual and unfortunatley you had the gain that you fought with this past week.

Last edited by pitakitten; 07-23-2010 at 08:39 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:40 PM   #308  

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post
Made me laugh! I do not see anything either.

Finally found some rhubarb today. I tried the recipe with vanilla, cinnamon and splenda. That is really good, but very tart. Almost tasted like lemon. Really enjoyed it for a change. Has anyone had any luck freezing it? I thought I would clean and cut into small pieces and then seal and freeze in two cup portions? Any tips or suggestions?
I actually buy it frozen.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:09 PM   #309  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleFL View Post
I have no luck! I posted to you just before the last thread closed - AGAIN! Then I tried posting yesterday and my computer froze up. I feel like Kelsey with her laptop headaches.

You are doing soooo GREAT! 55 lbs. WOW! I'm still stuck at 48 lbs. PLUS, you have been so good - only 3 cheats. One thing you can take from your 3rd cheat is that you know you don't need suger anymore!!!! I've cheated too! nothing major, but after 22 weeks I'm still sticking to IP. Keep up the wonderful job!
ChelleFL Well thanks so much for your perserverance in answering my post. YOU are doing great too. 48 pounds is a huge amount of weight. I wonder what makes us struggle so much to lose the weight and then not really jump for joy when we have accomplished it??? We need to focus more on our success so far. Yes we both have more to go BUT we are incredibly successful right at this moment. So yea to 48 and 55 lbs. I'll still be here with you in September. Thinking I may go to phase 2 when I am at 100% of goal and I'm not sure if I've made my goal low enough so I know I have weeks left of phase 1. Are we having fun yet???
Old 07-23-2010, 09:13 PM   #310  

Height: 5'8"

ellie-my REAL goal is 155, coach gives me crap about going further. no actually that's ok tho hear about 3 lbs in 3 weeks, at least i'm not just doing something wrong. any loss is a good loss but i just feel horrible this past week-with the cheating weekend, bloating, constipation just feeling HUGE. trying to cut back on smoking before i quit for qood has made my slightly cranky-understatement of the year.

i have posted a new set of progress pics in that section. it's hilarious to me that 22 lbs(loss from week 3- week 13), the weight of my 17 month son make THAT little of a difference on my 5' 8" body. aggghh!

BUT, i do like that my arms and stomach look significantly smaller-so i'll take it
Old 07-23-2010, 09:23 PM   #311  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
I had my second weigh in last evening. Down 6 lbs and...20 inches!!!

I am very excited!

That is a total of 14 lbs and 31 inches.

I would also like to thank everyone for all of the helpful advice. My advice so far would be to make sure you have water by your side all of the time and drink, drink, drink. I add lemon to mine and I love it.

Smiles,
TLE
wow that's a LOT!! we must have started the same time cause I had my 2nd week weigh in today! ( I previously posted results) I'll have to catch up .. we started at the same weight too!!
Old 07-23-2010, 09:23 PM   #312  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
no but just had a lindora bar

I honestly see it, might have to do with my laptop, I also have a tab open to FB
Teasing...
Old 07-23-2010, 09:27 PM   #313  
The Dress

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Guess who has on a medium shirt today? ME!!!! I have no idea the last time o wore a medium anything.
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2010, 09:31 PM   #314  
The Dress

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
Good to know.... I have some in the cupboard and figured they were bad so didnt even investigate further... thanks. For lunch today I had the chicken soup with 1 cup mashed turnip salt & pepper it was really yummy, the whole office was after my lunch, I know alot of people dont like the soups but this was good.. oh yes my fav allowed veggies are kale chips, riced cauliflower (can use it in anything), rhubarb, mushrooms, zuccini, bean sprouts .... you know I really do like veggies

Oh cheddar seasoning on my turnip fries or mashed cauliflower... I think I am in love
Ok I need to know- how do you make your mashed turnips??( do they stink up the house when cooking??)
Old 07-23-2010, 09:51 PM   #315  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Ok, wearing smaller clothes REALLY helps people see your loss. I've hit the 30 pound mark, bought a medium t-shirt (yes, I am still excited about that, I considered the large for about half a second before I said, NO!), but had it covered up most of the day with a jacket that's too big for me and a skirt that's a size 14 (I'd worn all my smaller clothes earlier in the week, and I only have so many left...) When I took my jacket off, that's when I started getting people commenting.

I, however, am NOT going to buy a bunch of clothes until I get close to goal. No way am I having a bunch of stuff that I can't wear. I'm giving a bunch of stuff to my mom this weekend...she's considering IP, but not there yet. After she sees me, maybe I'll be able to convince her!
Closed Thread