Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 02:11 AM   #376  

S/C/G: 166/139/140

Height: 5'6"

Default New girl

Hi! Not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but I'm a newbie doing Ideal Protein. I'm just finishing week 1, and I'm really struggling. I lost 5 lbs., which is great, but I've been feeling terrible, not so great. I'm taking my supplements, drinking my water, sea salt etc., eating all my veggies, but even on day 7 I am still starving and weak. Mornings are pretty okay, but after 2:00 pm I am very hungry and feeling sick until after I have dinner and a snack. My coach suggested more salads, which I'm doing, and warm organic chicken broth, which I'm doing, to no avail. I have the bad taste ketosis thing going on, but still feel just starved in the afternoons and evenings. I thought I was suppose to feel better by now. Is there any hope for me?
Old 07-25-2010, 02:20 AM   #377  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

WannabeIP: breakfast was great! I didn't think I would like muesli/yogurt but the blueberries made all the difference. I finished it off with half a piece of toast and tinny bit of almond butter. I was satisfied and didn't feel sugar high or anything. I was going to have eggs etc tomorrow am but I am going to do the same. It was easy with no pots to clean, only a spoon and a bowl

ALL: I have a feeling that I like to be tighter than I am, even though I am happy with my weight. At this point I still do NOT like my thighs, by saying this I am saying that I am going to pump up my work outs. It has gotten to a point that if I don't sweat by doing something one day I feel horrible. So basically I am at 130 and happy but my darn thighs and tummy will be tight.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:36 AM   #378  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelleyAnn View Post
Hi! Not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but I'm a newbie doing Ideal Protein. I'm just finishing week 1, and I'm really struggling. I lost 5 lbs., which is great, but I've been feeling terrible, not so great. I'm taking my supplements, drinking my water, sea salt etc., eating all my veggies, but even on day 7 I am still starving and weak. Mornings are pretty okay, but after 2:00 pm I am very hungry and feeling sick until after I have dinner and a snack. My coach suggested more salads, which I'm doing, and warm organic chicken broth, which I'm doing, to no avail. I have the bad taste ketosis thing going on, but still feel just starved in the afternoons and evenings. I thought I was suppose to feel better by now. Is there any hope for me?
What packets are you eating? What are you getting in for veggies? Restricted/NonRestricted? My husband didnt feel good for about 10 days, he actually had to eat an extra pack or 2 till he felt better or we were gonna get a divorce Maybe you need an extra pack at 2pm or save a cup of veggies for snack time? Plus your first week you are allowed up to 5 packs a day? Sorry yep your in the right place, Welcome!!!!

Last edited by WannabeIP; 07-25-2010 at 02:39 AM.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:49 AM   #379  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Welcome KelleyAnn! Congratulations on your weight loss!! I am on the Ideal to Go program b/c there isn't a clinic near by...I contacted the head coordinator for the southeast about the same exact thing and she said to add another low carb packet (like a drink or a pudding). I was concerned that it would slow my weight loss down and she said it wouldn't as long as it was a low carb packet. I just started my third week and I still have some days where I feel exhausted &/or starving. So have an extra packet if you feel you need it....push through it and know that the results will be well worth it!! I hope that helps!
Old 07-25-2010, 08:31 AM   #380  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Lots of hope. And I'm sorry this is so rough. I don't have a solution, but do have a question. Are you getting LOTS of liquid, as in water, especially to see you through the night? The latter is a definite carry over into the afternoon.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:29 AM   #381  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
I felt the same way for the first five weeks. I had an extra protein pack around 3:00 pm everyday. I was having four packs every day and I still lost 15 pounds in that five weeks. I am just getting to the point where I can actually skip that extra pack and feel okay. If I get hungry before dinner, I eat a couple small dill pickles and that holds me til dinner. Hope that helps. It does get better.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:39 AM   #382  

Quote:
KelleyAnn There is hope! I experienced something similar in my first weeks; I've just started week 3 and my hunger has settled down. When I was hungry and/or just wanted to nosh, I said " it, imahungry and imagonna eat!" and had another packet. Some days I had 5 packets. I also added, without my coach's knowledge or advice, an additional teaspoon of olive oil so I had 1 per meal.

On two days when I knew I wouldn't be able to snack before 1 pm, I added a real egg to my omelet for extra sustenance. It was a nice treat! I have a really hard time thinking of one egg or an additional teaspoon of olive oil as a cheat.

Something else to try is having veggies that are more dense -- cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms. Lettuce alone just wasn't doing it for me. 2 cups of cauliflower is 50 calories, 10 carbs, and 5 g fiber and it's very filling.

Late in my second week the hunger subsided and, much to my surprise, I'm quite satisfied with the 3 packets. Give it time and stay in communication with the board and your coach.

I've found that having the higher protein packets for breakfast, e.g. omelet, works best for me. Yesterday I had the raspberry jelly (20 g protein) at 7 am and wasn't hungry until 1 pm! I guess my blood sugar has stabilized. If you don't have the packet information sheet, you can find it attached to this post:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3162766-post5.html

Good luck and stay in touch!
Old 07-25-2010, 09:39 AM   #383  

S/C/G: 231/210/170

Height: 5'7"

I have been doing IP for 3 weeks and doing well. We are going away for the weekend next week and I was thinking about having a planned cheat for 1 day. Was thinking I may have a cocktail or 2. I am not planning to be out of control but just didn't want to have to deal with packets and bars as we are going with a group of people. Will this defeat everything I have done so far? I haven't cheated yet.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:54 AM   #384  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripmommy View Post
I have been doing IP for 3 weeks and doing well. We are going away for the weekend next week and I was thinking about having a planned cheat for 1 day. Was thinking I may have a cocktail or 2. I am not planning to be out of control but just didn't want to have to deal with packets and bars as we are going with a group of people. Will this defeat everything I have done so far? I haven't cheated yet.
As I understand things, it won't defeat everything you've done. It will however slow you down this week.

I'm going to a family gathering this week. I'm planning to have a solid lunch that day and probably an IP late afternoon snack so I won't listen to the sweet song of my (former) commanding, demanding mistresses, baked goods and fatty dips with carby dippers. I plan to take some no-carb, no-cal flavored seltzers so I don't indulge in the vino. I'll let you know how it goes.

Can you plan to have low-cal, low-carb drinks instead of a cocktail? Soda water and/or diet tonic with lime look like a gin & tonic or vodka tonic. Not as much fun, but within protocol.

Can you do a low carb, higher protein "real" food approach for the weekend?

What about telling your friends that
  • you're working on your health
  • your eating plan is under supervision (doctor or whatever's so), and
  • you'd love to celebrate your success with them once you've achieved your goal(s)?
Old 07-25-2010, 10:11 AM   #385  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripmommy View Post
Personally, I think that having a planned cheat after 3 weeks is a bad idea. You will be thrown out of ketosis and have to start the process over. I've heard it is not worth it. I have been in several situations where I have been on vacation, at dinner parties, with groups of people, etc. and haven't had a problem using packets or bars, and staying on plan. It just takes some prep beforehand. Give it some serious thought before you make the decision. If you decide not to cheat and need some pointers, just ask, you'll get lots of support and ideas here. Most of us have been in the same boat.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:15 AM   #386  

S/C/G: 231/210/170

Height: 5'7"

I definately was planning on doing high protien/ low carb. My husband is dieting as well but not IP he is doing his own thing high protien/low carb. So that is very helpful. This is the first weekend we have had away without the kids in a really long time and was looking forward to a drink, something not loaded with sugar and calories. I have been doing so well and don't want to blow the whole thing.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:41 AM   #387  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post

don't dare me!
Old 07-25-2010, 10:51 AM   #388  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Wink

Quote:

Welcome Kelly Ann!! Just stay with it honey.. I felt wiped out and very sad my first 2 weeks ( without the nausea though) and I am starting week 3 and have more energy ( THANK GOD!) Buy some walden farms salad dressings( produce area at stop and shop)have some on celery stix to fill the hunger need.. have hot tea, and you can have up to 5 protein packets the frist 2 weeks.. I NEEDED every one of them!
Your doing great! We are all here to support you!!sending hugs!
Old 07-25-2010, 11:26 AM   #389  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
BevS (or anybody else who might know), I think I can buy the NOW whey protein at our local Drug Emporium, so I was wondering -- what's the difference between the regular whey protein shakes & the whey isolate?.. besides the price...

Thanks...

hugs
I found this online:

"Q: Is there a difference between whey protein concentrate and isolate?

A: Yes, there may be a large difference between the two. Whey protein isolate is the most pure and concentrated form of whey protein available. It contains 90% or more protein and very little (if any) fat and lactose. Whey protein concentrate has anywhere between 29% and 89% protein depending upon the product. As the protein level in whey protein concentrate decreases the amounts of fat and/or lactose usually increase."
Old 07-25-2010, 11:32 AM   #390  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

I'm on day 13 and am getting discouraged. I have only lost a total of 8 pounds, and have been staying stuck at the same weight for 3-4 days. I'm following the plan completely (but yesterday I forgot my lunch packet), and just don't understand what's going on. Tomorrow is my second week weigh-in. How could I have only lost 1 pound in week 2????

Last edited by amylew; 07-25-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Closed Thread