Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 10:53 AM   #391  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
I found this online:

"Q: Is there a difference between whey protein concentrate and isolate?

A: Yes, there may be a large difference between the two. Whey protein isolate is the most pure and concentrated form of whey protein available. It contains 90% or more protein and very little (if any) fat and lactose. Whey protein concentrate has anywhere between 29% and 89% protein depending upon the product. As the protein level in whey protein concentrate decreases the amounts of fat and/or lactose usually increase."
WOW!!!.. that's potentially a LOT of difference... I tried to find that info online, but I guess I googled the wrong words... yep, I think I'm gonna have to try the isolate...

Thanks a BUNCH!!!..

hugs
Old 07-25-2010, 11:00 AM   #392  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Novak and Chelle-- Thanks for the suggestions Novak. I like the approach you took. Like Chelle, I am going away in early September. Florence, Tuscany and Venice. When I went to Napa last Feb. I stayed on the protocol. This time I would like to be in phase 2 and the majority of the time, avoid the pasta, cheese, bread and wine...(I have a feeling I willl be back to phase 1 after the trip.) It is 6 weeks from now, plenty of time to lose 2 or 3 pounds a week- 12-18 lbs. But whatever weight I am, I think phase 2 will be logical for the trip. So, 100% of goal or 96% like you were Novak sound good. The trip is just getting in the way of the plan. AND I'm still not sure what a good final weight is for me. Obviously this all needs to be loose and flexible. I do better that way -- freedom is very important to me.

For all the newbies feeling lousy-- I had at least a week of low energy and
misery around weeks 3, 4, or 5. IP doc suggested more protein and I did add
either a packet or just plain chicken or turkey some days. Also, I am still hungry for dinner way before dinner time. I have celery or cucumbers dipped in olive oil and sea salt or romaine lettuce w/oil & salt. Plus nights I am at home I just eat dinner early! I have the third packet at 8 or 9 -- and I'm not at all hungry in the evening. You need to play around with the protocol and make it work for you. Also, lettuce doesn't satisfy the vegetable requirement. You need 2 cups of veggies at lunch and dinner-- not including any lettuce you eat. PS For awhile I had extra olive oil too. Made me feel much better.

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 07-25-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:02 AM   #393  

S/C/G: S: 236/C: 188/G: 125

Height: 5'5"

A good night's sleep helps so much!!

After I drank my IP breakfast and 2 cups of water, the kids and I went to the track this morning. My daughter is running cross-country and both kids are trying to be healthier too - they're even doing the Insanity workouts (borrowed from my taller, thinner sister!

I walked a mile at a nice, brisk pace and even ran in the last 100 meters!

It was a nice start to the day and I think I'll try to make it part of my morning routine!

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

Barbara

One for every five pounds lost:
Old 07-25-2010, 11:08 AM   #394  

Erin....all I can say is "WOWZA!" for the look, the bikini and the "balls!" You go girl!!!

Wishing you all a great Sunday!
Old 07-25-2010, 11:22 AM   #395  

S/C/G: 207/194/125

Height: 5'4

Sweetstina, I like your weekly weight-loss info that you have on your signature. My weekly weight-loss has not been dramatic. It helps to see that you keeped on trucking even though you may have had a -1 pound week. Thanks for posting the info. It's very encouraging.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:27 AM   #396  

S/C/G: 207/194/125

Height: 5'4

Happy Sunday - Exercise is not my favorite thing to do which is why I love this program. Has anyone noticed their weight-loss numbers going up when you exercised that week or just make you hungry?
Old 07-25-2010, 11:53 AM   #397  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post

don't dare me!
YES YES YES!!!! Wish you could hear me clapping on here!!!! WAY TO GO

Pure hotness! Great job girl!!!!

NEVER shy from being proud of your body, you own it and it shows!!!!

KUDDOS!!!!
Old 07-25-2010, 11:54 AM   #398  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
I'm on day 13 and am getting discouraged. I have only lost a total of 8 pounds, and have been staying stuck at the same weight for 3-4 days. I'm following the plan completely (but yesterday I forgot my lunch packet), and just don't understand what's going on. Tomorrow is my second week weigh-in. How could I have only lost 1 pound in week 2????
Hang in there Amylew... 8 lbs is awesome! This isn't a plan which shows consistent pounds or inches lost on a daily basis. Some days it's ounces lost, others it's millimeters with the tape measure. Other days, there's just nothing visible, but don't give up! Your body is changing, you're changing. Hang in there, you're just getting started, it'll all be worth it when you're at your goal weight. Good luck!
Old 07-25-2010, 12:05 PM   #399  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Thanks, makeit! This forum is helping me immensely! I know I should be happy with the 8 pounds in two weeks, but I have never been known as a patient person. LOL!
Old 07-25-2010, 12:22 PM   #400  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Just stopping by for a moment. Still really busy, but still losing. Not as fast as I would like, but I'm happy!!!

I just wanted to let you guys know about NSV's that some of the newbies may not think about. They are huge and mean a lot to me and they will to you, too.

Being able to get your rings off and on.
I have a beautiful Black Hills Gold watch that my husband got me and I hadn't been able to wear it for 3 years. I am now wearing it!!!
Shopping in a normal sized aisle instead of the "women's" aisle.
And as I have just seen being able to shop at Victoria's Secret!!!
Being comfortable on an airplane.
Wearing my shirt tucked in again.
Weighing less than my husband.
Not being out of breath when I go up the stairs.
Having someone call me skinny minny again.
I saw my daughter for the first time in 4 months. She kept telling me how great I look and how she had been so worried about me(health wise), but didn't know how to tell me I was too big.

I still have 15 lbs. to go, but I just can't believe how good I feel. I am still working on posting pics, but I am just so busy with my B&B this time of year.
Sorry I don't get to come by much, but I think about all of you and am always sending willpower dust your way.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:39 PM   #401  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

deinekatze - I noticed that you live in GA as well. Not many people on this forum are from here. What part of town are you in? I'm in Marietta.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:07 PM   #402  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
Just stopping by for a moment. Still really busy, but still losing. Not as fast as I would like, but I'm happy!!!

I just wanted to let you guys know about NSV's that some of the newbies may not think about. They are huge and mean a lot to me and they will to you, too.

Being able to get your rings off and on.
I have a beautiful Black Hills Gold watch that my husband got me and I hadn't been able to wear it for 3 years. I am now wearing it!!!
Shopping in a normal sized aisle instead of the "women's" aisle.
And as I have just seen being able to shop at Victoria's Secret!!!
Being comfortable on an airplane.
Wearing my shirt tucked in again.
Weighing less than my husband.
Not being out of breath when I go up the stairs.
Having someone call me skinny minny again.
I saw my daughter for the first time in 4 months. She kept telling me how great I look and how she had been so worried about me(health wise), but didn't know how to tell me I was too big.
How true! I was thinking about this just yesterday... how I no longer "overflow" into the seat beside me on the bus and the Metro, how much less weight I'm hauling when I walk up the escalator from the subway station, all the "skinny-minnies" , being able to wear a short hairstyle without looking like a pinhead, knowing that if something looks good on the hanger it will look good on me (since I now look more like the hanger than I ever have!).

Honestly, the little things just keep adding up, and you can't help feel great about yourself! Congratulations on what you've achieved to date... keep plugging away and you'll shed that last 15 before you know it.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:19 PM   #403  

Height: 5.8

Hiya everyone,

I have been kind of absent posting around here but I have been following you all...first off to everyone who has transitioned to phase 2 and 3 HUGE CONGRATS...Im so proud of you guys!

Jordanna..OMG OMG OMG congrats on the pregnancy my friend. im hoping for the same result after my Sept wedding. I am soooo happy for you

ERIN ...OK holy hot momma...huge kudos for being secure, confident and proud of your body to post it...amazing..

As for me..its my bridal shower today so Im super excited and have made the decision to indulge a little. I got the phone call yesterday that my dress is in and my first fitting is Aug 9 so Im back into Phase 1 tmorrow for 2.5 weeks to try to get rid of 10-15 pounds and then maintain until the wedding and then finish off the weight loss after the wedding.. I had a \nsv yesterday when I put on a size 12 and it fit...a little snug but OMG A SIZE 12...

Have a great Sunday everyone and keep up all the amaaaaazing work
Old 07-25-2010, 01:24 PM   #404  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassykimann View Post
Hiya everyone,

I had a \nsv yesterday when I put on a size 12 and it fit...a little snug but OMG A SIZE 12...
FANTASTIC!! The smokin' hot bride is already starting to smolder!
Old 07-25-2010, 01:38 PM   #405  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

happy Sunday everyone!

something very odd happened this morning; my scale actually shows 125. I calibrated it with my weights and all but still its 125ish. Hard to believe really so we'll see on tuesday.
Closed Thread