Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 09:53 PM   #316  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Ok, wearing smaller clothes REALLY helps people see your loss. I've hit the 30 pound mark, bought a medium t-shirt (yes, I am still excited about that, I considered the large for about half a second before I said, NO!), but had it covered up most of the day with a jacket that's too big for me and a skirt that's a size 14 (I'd worn all my smaller clothes earlier in the week, and I only have so many left...) When I took my jacket off, that's when I started getting people commenting.

I, however, am NOT going to buy a bunch of clothes until I get close to goal. No way am I having a bunch of stuff that I can't wear. I'm giving a bunch of stuff to my mom this weekend...she's considering IP, but not there yet. After she sees me, maybe I'll be able to convince her!
Am doing it tomorrow. Nothing expensive but I need pants or anything to cover bottom portion
Old 07-23-2010, 10:06 PM   #317  

Height: 5'8"

jessica and ellie! whoot-whoot for new clothes!!
Old 07-23-2010, 10:21 PM   #318  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post
Made me laugh! I do not see anything either.

Finally found some rhubarb today. I tried the recipe with vanilla, cinnamon and splenda. That is really good, but very tart. Almost tasted like lemon. Really enjoyed it for a change. Has anyone had any luck freezing it? I thought I would clean and cut into small pieces and then seal and freeze in two cup portions? Any tips or suggestions?
Just make sure you dry it before placing in the bags as I found out, too much water on them makes them freeze into big ball.... LOL. I do the same thing get a swack of it clean it dry it cut it then bag it but I do 1 cups as I found out how many carbs 2 cups of cooked has I love it, Angie used it to make a sorta salsa for on top of chicken, I did the same but for pork... I love rhurbarb. I also make shakes with it, some have used the IP oatmeal and made a rhubarb crumble ...I think that was Jordanna, sorry I could go on and on and on.....
Old 07-23-2010, 10:25 PM   #319  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Ok I need to know- how do you make your mashed turnips??( do they stink up the house when cooking??)
Coastalcrafter I am not sure if they stink up the house , I like turnip so the smell doesnt bother me... maybe I should ask my DH... nahhhhhh he doesnt like turnip anyway. I just boil then mash and add sea salt & pepper, it is so good, I put one cup inwith my chicken soup today and eveyone in the office was after my lunch so it cant be too bad.... I didnt share
Old 07-23-2010, 10:36 PM   #320  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Ok-someone explain this to me...

How can I have lost 15lbs but only a total of 6 inches?

My impatience is telling on me today.....so are the cravings. Overall- not such a hot day on IP for me. Here's to tomorrow- it'll be better.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:36 PM   #321  

Coastalcrafter & WannabeIP - I think I have made turnip chips like twice since I've started IP and both times my hubby and son gave me grief for stinking up the house. I didn't smell anything stinky...

Erin & Ellie - You both look fantastic in your new pics! How the heck have you managed to keep your big boobs? I'm so jealous!! Mine are like non-existent now...must visit La Senza (Canada's Victoria's Secret, I guess) soon for a good push-up bra!!

Soon2BMrsT - We all have those days! In fact, yesterday was a rough one for me. Today was much better. So get a good night's sleep, hang in there and start fresh in the morning.

Jessica - Congrats on your success! Having to buy new smaller clothes is a reason to celebrate!

Last edited by Sweetstina; 07-23-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:48 PM   #322  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post

My impatience is telling on me today.....so are the cravings. Overall- not such a hot day on IP for me. Here's to tomorrow- it'll be better.
Are you measuring from all over or just a few spots? I think i get measured in 17 spots so that may make a difference. I think lot of us probably retained alot of excess water so on the program especailly the first couple weeks we really flush out, thats why the scale may move faster than the tape measure but not to worry follow the program and the inches will begin to melt away like butter... promise, I was the same at first, now I have lost more inches than pounds. Of course it will be better.... hey cravings.... are you still in ketosis? I only crave when I knocked myself out... check out your journal see if you have added anything new or missed, not eating enough can do it to, I am bad for forgetting to eat.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:17 PM   #323  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post

it's always either or for me, i lose a ton of weight but not so many inches and vice versa. i'm predicting that the next week or two may have lower losses on weight but higher losses in inches-you're doing GREAT!!

stina
mine have shrunk enormously and i have had to buy some great shaping and push ups! the one i'm wearing in the pic was only $11.99 (WITH MATCHING PANTIES) at kohl's. not sure if you have 'em in CA but check out kohls.com daisy fuentes collection

Last edited by mamaerinb; 07-23-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:19 PM   #324  

Bye Bye 38C, hello 36B.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:21 PM   #325  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
Bye Bye 38C, hello 36B.

i feel ya girl bye bye 38DD, hello 34C :P
Old 07-23-2010, 11:22 PM   #326  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
i feel ya girl bye bye 38DD, hello 34C :P
Booh :P Gimme some
Old 07-23-2010, 11:23 PM   #327  

i'll give you some if you give me a nice youthful LIFT! 2 breastfed babies can do a number on you
Old 07-23-2010, 11:26 PM   #328  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
i'll give you some if you give me a nice youthful LIFT! 2 breastfed babies can do a number on you
Maybe I need to think about getting pregnant, instead of having a boob job ? I don't think BF will agree thought !
Old 07-23-2010, 11:37 PM   #329  
slowthetime

I know this conversation started above about inches vs. pounds... does anyone know what is actually happening?

I've been on IP for two weeks. The first week was amazing - 6 pounds! This week I've lost all of 1 pound. I haven't cheated. It is that TOM, but really?? All my frustration aside (there is a lot of it), I've still been losing inches. Why? Can anyone explain?

I looked through a bunch of threads trying to see if someone had already asked this so if they have, sorry to be asking it again...

Last edited by slowthetime; 07-23-2010 at 11:45 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:44 PM   #330  
slowthetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
Are you measuring from all over or just a few spots? I think i get measured in 17 spots so that may make a difference. I think lot of us probably retained alot of excess water so on the program especailly the first couple weeks we really flush out, thats why the scale may move faster than the tape measure but not to worry follow the program and the inches will begin to melt away like butter... promise, I was the same at first, now I have lost more inches than pounds. Of course it will be better.... hey cravings.... are you still in ketosis? I only crave when I knocked myself out... check out your journal see if you have added anything new or missed, not eating enough can do it to, I am bad for forgetting to eat.
i have a little question about ketosis - is not eating my salad enough to maybe knock me out? Sorry for the questions, it's all so new that I feel like I'm doing a crash course in a foreign language as well as IP. Thank goodness for all these forums... I've been reading like there is no tomorrow.
Closed Thread