Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 10:10 PM   #91  

Quote:
Originally Posted by natchamp View Post
Unless your over 5'7". I've only lost one dress size in almost 30lbs. That's the dilemma of being tall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKNOO View Post
But of course it's also easier to hide our extra weight since there is more room to "spread it out." LOL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kplus80 View Post
Agreed! Kind of a bummer.
Tall Chicks UNITE! Life may be short, but we're not. (Slogan of the Tall Cub of Chicago) Another good thing is we don't have to buy lots of different sizes through the transition.

I'm doing okay, following the program as it was written. Has anyone had any reaction to the sweeteners?

I've checked the ingredients and there are very few that have no sweetening, and another handful that have some sugar and no artificial sweeteners. If this reaction keeps up, my IP selections could become extremely limited.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:27 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

obligatory post to show my updated ticker. Thank you, thank you very much! where are them dancing carrots, I need a few!
Old 07-20-2010, 10:29 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
Pitakitten- Wow you are almost at your goal... wonderful! I was thinking of trying the strips just to see... so I think I am in ketosis

New question- does IP have an affect on PMS?
yes it does, I think there might be info about that on the FAQ section. Your period is going to be wacky, as in start early and last forever, that is how mine has been and I never used to be in a very bad mood before but these days I can be in a very bad mood a few days prior.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:30 PM   #94  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

[QUOTE

Has anyone had any reaction to the sweeteners?

QUOTE]

I am extremely sensitive to ANY artificial sweetners..They are migraine triggers for me and my neurologist agrees.
I NEVER use them.. I find them way too sweet and after taste- yuck! I was VERY hesitant to start IP because EVERY product has some kind of sweetner.. My coach tells me the sweetner in the packets/products ( sucralose?)are made from sugar.. I researched it... They still use chemicals to make it.. and I am so sensitive to anything like that.. I still find all the drinks/bars way too sweet for me..

anyone else find them too sweet???
Old 07-20-2010, 10:35 PM   #95  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

here's some info on sucralose.. our bodies do not metabolize it.. so where does it go?? OH NO!!!

http://tuberose.com/Sucralose.html
Old 07-20-2010, 10:35 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw32 View Post
Tall Chicks UNITE! Life may be short, but we're not. (Slogan of the Tall Cub of Chicago) Another good thing is we don't have to buy lots of different sizes through the transition.
I like that slogan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post

anyone else find them too sweet???
I do.. but in that weird, artifical sweet way. That's how I feel about Walden Farms. I don't like sweet dressings.. I wish they made one without sweetener.

Last edited by kplus80; 07-20-2010 at 10:41 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:46 PM   #97  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
IP product cost per pound lost = $38.37

how did you figure that out??
You just total up how much money you have spent on IP( or alternatives) and then divide it by the number of pounds you have lost. Mine is $35.03 per lb.

Yes- I do find that some of the IP stuff is too sweet (especially the bars) and I am the original sugar addict! But I also want something sort of sweet every single day still, 5 months into this plan. Some habits are hard to break!

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 07-20-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:56 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 231/210/170

Height: 5'7"

I am finding the support of this board so motivational!!! Thank you and congrats on all pounds and inches lost!!
Old 07-20-2010, 11:00 PM   #99  
aka, Rosie

Quote:
Originally Posted by r101 View Post
Hello All!

Hope everyone is having a good week.

I seem to have hit a plateau for week 7 and week 8. Just started on week 9 this weekend. Im stuck at 160. I dont seem to have changed anything...
wonder what gives. Getting slightly demotivated and those chocolate two bite brownies my family has lying around seems more and more tempting as i'm not losing weight! I've resisted though!

Any ideas or tips from the older members who might have stalled after a while? This too shall pass? Walking is not a viable option for me as i'm still recovering from an ankle sprain.

By any chance has anyone noticed breakouts on your face or weaker nails(my toenail cracked right through the middle- no clue why as i didnt drop anything on it ). Was wondering if i might have vitamin deficiencies like vit.B?

Btw, im vegetarian, so i use only tofu or eggs for my dinner protein. I wonder if the meat eaters are not facing this cos of that reason or it might just be my body. I get very tired these days. My stress and sleep has been on the lower side, but its always been that way since i started the program and didnt affect me the first 6 weeks.

I'm thinking of adding the walmart bought Naturemade(brown bottle -yellow cap) super B complex and non-chewable vit. c capsules to my daily supplements ?

I tried doing the lower carb packets only etc. but it doesnt seem to have made a difference.
This is a great post for Carla. She is on vacation (Carla,I hope you are enjoying yourself), she will probably answer you when she gets back. You could probably do a search of her posts(her username is showgirlaz) and find the answer if you don't want to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Hey everyone, good luck this week!! I'm going away for a couple days down to Buffalo with my sisters for some shopping and a concert... Got my veggies already pre-cut and ready to go, and we will go to an IP friendly restaurant for dinners!
Have fun!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
Just a quick hello ! Busy Busy !

Have a nice week everyone, and stay on plan !
See you soon, have a great week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrid61 View Post
Hello, I am new to this site and find it very helpful.

I am finishing up week two and am having some good results. The first three days were rough but felt better after that was over. Using the IP bars as my afternoon snack really helps with any carb cravings. I was a horrible carb junkie.

I tried something this week that was really good and that others might like. Veggies can get old and occassionally I want something sweet with supper. Since rhubarb is a veggie, I cut up 2 cups and put it in a sauce pan with a little water. Cooked it on low until it was soft and like a soft and resembles a thicker sauce. I let the rhubarb cool a little and added a tablespoon of the Walden Farms strawberry spread. Added a little splenda. That's it! Tastes like the filling for a strawberry rhubarb pie. Very satisfying.
Thanks for the idea, you should add it to the recipe section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelliemom View Post
Had my weigh in today. Down another 2.2lbs! Next week I'm hoping to see the 180's AND next week I should hopefully be at a total of 50lbs lost since I started IP.
CONGRATS on the loss, I can't wait until I see the 80's too, and to be able to say I have lost 50! Great work!
Old 07-20-2010, 11:02 PM   #100  
aka, Rosie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw32 View Post
A behavioural victory - I work near a large commercial bakery that bakes truckloads of name brand bakery products. Today walking to the transit stop, the "oven fresh" aroma was delicious. I found it delightful and I didn't have any cravings for that stuff. I could just enjoy the pleasant aroma as being much nicer than the usual city street smells!
WOW, congrats on your victory! Just looking at my bread maker and I was having cravings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
The weirdest thing just happened to me.....

I was sitting on my couch watching "The Bachelorette" and got this sudden wave of nausea and had to run to the bathroom. Well, I think I lost about 5lbs between the 2 ends it came out (Sorry for being so detailed....).

I feel fine now- no headache, no stomach pain, nothing. Has this happened to anyone else????

I have a hypothesis about why it happened but I'm not sure. I've been having to rely mostly on the EAS Carb Control drinks as the clinic I go to has been out of my 3 staples. Could that be it? Could it be the change in food/drink? I'm baffled. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Oh my goodness, I hope it was just the one incident, I hope you are feeling better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
Hi all!!
So I went home for a few days to spend some time with my family, and for some job interviews. I was telling my grandpa about IP, and he said he could tell I lost (I think he was just saying that) and was being super supportive. He said "the reason you've lost the weight is because YOU wanted to lose it." And he also told me for every pound I lose over 40 pounds he's going to pay me $3!! Talk about incentive!!

I also made myself a chocolate pudding--as a drink--after lunch at my moms. I poured a little into a cup so my older brother could try it, because he said he couldn't do a protein shake with water, he had to have milk. He loved it!! Then my two year old brother wanted a drink, so of course I gave him one, and then my six year old brother asked what it was and the two year old said "chocolate milk!!" And the two of them proceeded to finish it off for me. I got one drink of the whole thing.
But I guess you know it's good when two sugar crazed kids won't let you have it back!!

For lunch my mom made meatballs --in thick sugary sauce-- homemade macaroni, and cream potatoes and peas. I made a chicken breast with sauteed veggies and chicken soup as a gravy for myself and my daddy who is low-carbing. :yum: ALSO Please keep my dad in your prayers. He is a Loss Prevention manager exclusively at Cracker Barrel, and had to have me pack his chicken up, because there was an active shooter at the West Memphis, TN store and he had to get there. I'm sure the shooter was gone by the time he made it, but he will be investigating the case, which always makes me nervous.

My last exciting news of the day...You know you're getting too big when your Spanx don't fit anymore. Today I slipped them back on!!
I'm so happy you had a good family visit! Money is always a wonderful incentive! I hope you dad is okay, and that no one was hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowthetime View Post
I've been lurking for a week and wanted to finally check in and say "hi". My first week on Ideal Protein was amazing. Just mind blowing. I love the shakes. I love the soups (I know not everyone does). I'm only on the none restricted packets because I really want to make every day count. In the first week I lost 6 lbs and felt great.

Today, which is officially day 9, I started off by only having lost 0.4 lbs in the last two days. And then tonight I just couldn't not snack... I didn't cheat but I had a fourth protein packet. I could have had more salad but the idea of another chocolate shake was just too hard to resist (I've been having my third protein pack in the afternoon around 4PM). I poured the shake into a bowl and spooned it slowly like a decadent chocolate type soup. But still... I'm worried about old habits and wonder what life post IP will be like... Will I just simply not be able to resist? Yikes, it scares me and I'm usually pretty fearless.

Any thoughts?

I feel like I know some of you from reading all your posts and thought I'd share a little back - I'm 27 years old, happily married, have a super intense job and am on a never ending quest for balance. I'm also trying to lose the 20/25lbs I gained in the last two years while not watching what I was eating.

I thought you should know that my first impression of all of you is how strong you are - you're all such amazing women! In reading your threads I feel like there is a powerful theme - you're learning to honor yourselves and have created a vibrant community to do it - it's stunningly beautiful.
Hi to you slowthetime and Welcome . I also like all the shakes, soups and have only had a few of the drinks (the wildberry yogurt is my fav.), I have not had any restricteds, I want this to come off as fast as possible. I'm concerned about life after too. Just tonight I had a craving for something sweet after dinner, thank goodness for WF fruit spreads, my new best friends. I am trying to prepare myself for life after, telling my after working this hard and finally reaching my goal, don't give it all up.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:04 PM   #101  
aka, Rosie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoSuzy View Post
Had my ninth weigh in today...down 4.4lbs putting me at 149.2!! And, I weighed in at 4pm and I usually go at 9am so I'm betting it's actually less than that but I will take it!
Congratulations on the wonderful loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
hi all!
Tomorrow I am heading off into the mountains for a camping trip...I'm stopping by for my WI on the way out of town, which I hope will be a great motivator for staying on plan. Of course, I can only eat what I am taking, but I can still eat too much!

Today I actually went out in public in a pair of shorts and a tight t-shirt without anything over the top hiding my body...what a weird feeling!
Have a fun trip! It is strange to be able to wear clothing I never thought I could.

Quote:
"I want you all to know I am lifting you up in daily prayer......I pray that each and every one of us reach our weight goals, to be FREE from this bondage of Fat that has has only given us a negative view of ourselves as long as we have carried it! I pray we each receive the gift of Determination over desire and to become the beautiful women on the outside that we are on the inside!" In Jesus's Name.. Amen..
Thank you for the prayer sister! I pray many blessings for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
Woke up this am .9 lbs lighter, which is good. Yeah, I was hoping for more, but oh well. I'm over my half way point, which is really awesome. I wonder if I can get the extra weight off before another 7 weeks rolls around.
Of course you can, of course you can, of course you can!
Old 07-20-2010, 11:05 PM   #102  
aka, Rosie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseCake4me View Post
My DH and I went to a party last night and when the hostess told me she was making spagetti and salad, I told her about the diet I am on and asked if it would be ok to bring my own protein and just have the salad. She was fine with that so we brought some meat we had cooked the day before, had the sald with it and when the brought out the ice cream cake I poured our shakes over ice and we had them instead. It was totally painless and I feel really good that we didn't cheat.
Great Job on no cheating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
My scale showed 4 lbs down since Saturday... is that possible?????
Wow, what a fantastic loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post

Coastalcrafter
Larger ladies are often ignored or people look and then look away. I felt I was walking around stuck in someone else's body. So now I am unstuck.... and it feels great.
Yes, it does feel great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
Weigh-In #3 TODAY

I lost...
6 lbs!!! My biggest loss- and I started with restricteds last week!
1" chest (first one!)
2" waist (5.5" total)
1.5" hips (3.5" total)
0 arms (.75" total, why won't my wings go away??)
3.5" thigh (4.75" total)
8" TOTAL THIS WEEK!!

In 3 weeks I'm down 16 inches!! YAY!
Yay, I'm so happy you had a successful week. And the new Avatar pic is really fantabulous!
Old 07-20-2010, 11:11 PM   #103  
aka, Rosie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
obligatory post to show my updated ticker. Thank you, thank you very much! where are them dancing carrots, I need a few!
Yay!!! Here you go:

How about some broccoli too:
Old 07-20-2010, 11:12 PM   #104  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
here's some info on sucralose.. our bodies do not metabolize it.. so where does it go?? OH NO!!!

http://tuberose.com/Sucralose.html
Unfortunately the Tuberose review, if that's what it is, does not have a publication date and I'm afraid it's somewhat dated. Sucalose has been used in Europe since 2008. As to sucralose being a chemical, virtually everything we eat is chemical, organic or inorganic.

I'm not by any means defending Splenda. But given the tone of the Tuberose article, it's slight overkill, I'm just a little bit suspect of its origins. On the other hand I'd be equally happy to be proved wrong, but with more solid evidence.

I'd be more concerned if I found out that Splenda USA is now using China as a supplier -- a major new producer.

Last edited by Linden; 07-20-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:54 PM   #105  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

S/C/G: 355/282/200

Height: 5'10"

Please explain... what are these ketone strips?? Something I need to get? Where? What's the advantage?

Thanks!

I'm on Day 9, and these boards are great--- but a lot to keep up with--- so I'm now caught up with this week's thread! Sorry for the late question!
Closed Thread