Old 07-22-2010, 02:32 PM   #196  

Height: 5'8"

hey great idea salesgod, thanks!
Old 07-22-2010, 02:37 PM   #197  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
Hi Erin,

I just read this, yes a very nice pity party for Erin. Here is what I have to say and I am rather blunt too, phase II (as far as I know) basically takes as long as it has to until you reach your goal. 2 weeks is the minimum for it I believe. I don't think the little gain that you saw had to do with phase II, if I remember correctly you had seen little gains before too. I don't think it will be a wise choice to go back to phase I. I think you should stick it out in phase II till you loose all the weight you want, don't set a time limit on it. I have been in it for 3 weeks (don't need to go to reasons why), so what??? it doesn't have the psychological effect that "hey, now I can eat stuff!! so I am going to" but I think it is crucial to get your body used to having more of a normal food intake and who cares how long it takes, you are saving money anyways by not having the third IP pack, correct???

basically, chin up! don't go back to phase I, constipation will pass and you will be fine. Just get a move on working them muscles that your young body has.

re true blood: I am addicted, I do NOT want to pay for HBO but I couldn't wait for season 2 to come out. My partner and I watched all the episodes of season 2 in 2 days
shhh..don't tell anyone but my scale just read 163...planning on some mag citrate and senna tea tonight-let's just see if i can make it into the 150's

ellie, everything you say is right for sure. feels good to vent i guess.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:45 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
shhh..don't tell anyone but my scale just read 163...planning on some mag citrate and senna tea tonight-let's just see if i can make it into the 150's

ellie, everything you say is right for sure. feels good to vent i guess.
yes it does feel good vent. Everytime I do, I get told that I am not following the "master plan" of the IP "god" so I know how it feels to want to be taken seriously when we need the emotional support. Lord knows we are smart women who know what the plan entails.

that was my vent
Old 07-22-2010, 02:46 PM   #199  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsnwv View Post
I've been thinking about goals and came up with a few:

Under 200 lbs by November 12th (my birthday!!)
(I think I'll get it sooner, but let's err on the safe side . . .)

Reach 175 by February 14th (
(Again, working for sooner, but . . .)

Reach 150 by April 15th (our 16th anniversary)

Reach 125 ** GOAL WEIGHT ** by July 15th (one year on IP)

Whatcha think??

Barbara
I think some of the interim milestones might be skewed, but I think your overall goal is achievable. It's great to have goals, but a year is a long time to plan for, and you don't yet know how your body will respond to the diet. The danger is having these milestones in your head and getting stressed out trying to make them happen on schedule.

If you stay on protocol, I would expect you to hit the birthday goal no problem. At that time, I'd set the next goal. Keep in mind that your weekly losses may slow down some... the holidays will come and go... life will happen. Or you may be so far ahead of the game, that you might want to set a higher goal. I'd shoot for the final result, but take smaller steps getting there. As you reach each milestone, set the next one... and make them achievable. That way you'll rack up success after success, rather than feeling you're behind plan from the get-go.

What you are undertaking is huge, and you are awesome for taking it on! So much of this is mental, and your resolve tells me that you're ready to dig in and get it done. It will be incredibly rewarding and empowering, but there will be rough spots in the road. So stay here on the boards and take counsel from those who can speak from experience... your peers will get you through. And if it happens that you need to deviate from your course a bit to get to the end result, so be it.

You WILL get there!
Old 07-22-2010, 02:54 PM   #200  

Quote:
yes it does feel good vent. Everytime I do, I get told that I am not following the "master plan" of the IP "god" so I know how it feels to want to be taken seriously when we need the emotional support. Lord knows we are smart women who know what the plan entails.

that was my vent
where's the like button for this?
Old 07-22-2010, 03:14 PM   #201  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

ok I know this isn't the board for revealing indiscretions so let's just say last evening I hit the sugar I'd been hiding in the freezer.(can you say Amish bakery products???) No real reason except I wanted to. Lessons learned? 1.Sugar really makes me feel sick now.2.Don't keep anything in the house that tempts you. Scale was up almost 3 pounds today. SOoooooooooooooooooo not worth it. I am on the straight and narrow today. Trying to get myself to feel better. What the H was I thinking???
I've only had about 3 cheats in 5 months which is record breaking for my diet history. None of them have been worth it. How long does it take to change old behavior??
For me it appears a lifetime.

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 07-22-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:19 PM   #202  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
ok I know this isn't the board for revealing indiscretions so let's just say last evening I hit the sugar I'd been hiding in the freezer.(can you say Amish bakery products???) No real reason except I wanted to. Lessons learned? 1.Sugar really makes me feel sick now.2.Don't keep anything in the house that tempts you. Scale was up almost 3 pounds today. SOoooooooooooooooooo not worth it. I am on the straight and narrow today. Trying to get myself to feel better. What the H was I thinking???
I've only had about 3 cheats in 5 months which is record breaking for my diet history. None of them have been worth it. How long does it take to change old behavior??
For me it appears a lifetime.
you sound like me but cut off 2 months being on such a restricted plan is difficult. be proud of yourself for how far you've come and the fact that you recognize that cheats don't make you feel and better and just move on you're doing great tricia
Old 07-22-2010, 03:25 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 185/155/135

Quote:
I just started last Thursday as well, but I have a lot more to lose than you, unfortunately! I'd love to help you in any way I can - I'm a praise junky myself. I love to get an atta-girl!

Barbara
thanks barbara! and, atta girl!!!! it's cool to see that so many other women are going through the same thing that I am. This is the coolest website! For just starting last thursday, it seems like you've lost a lot! Thats awesome! I got on my scale this morning and it says im 4 lbs lighter than yesterday. Is that possible???!! I mean, I worked a night shift last night so I was up and moving all night long, maybe that has something to do with it. Only thing that sucks is that if I lose like 9 lbs the first week, I'm afraid I'll be disappointed in subsequent weeks when I don't lose as much. But I'll pretty much take anything I can get as long as I lose something!
Old 07-22-2010, 04:26 PM   #204  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
Good morning IP-ers! The weight loss fairy came to visit me in my sleep last night and I woke up 2lbs down from yesterday's weigh in. Kinda makes me want to change my weigh in days to Thursdays.
Don't do it! Just think if you've already lost 2 lbs how much you will have shed by next week!! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinoa1823 View Post
NSV - fit into a size 14 skirt with no muffin toppage it used to be skin tight, super happy panda today
Yay, no muffin top!! This reminded me of the books "Size 12 Is Not Fat" and "Size 14 Is Not Fat Either" Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietfrenzy View Post
PS: Taylor made: do take care of your mental health as well as your physical health. We often beat ourselves up and we need to embrace ourselves and think healthy thoughts, especially on this diet. We did not gain the weight overnight and we won't lose the weight overnight but as long as we are heading in the right direction, we are good!
I try to take care of my mental health. It doesn't let me. So I've decided I'm okay with being a tad crazy, it's just part of who I am.
As far as the overnight thing, I know...but ya know what I find odd? How some of us can weigh one day and weigh something, then the next morning weight 2-4 lbs less. It amazes me what our bodies are doing while we think they are sleeping

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
you sound like me but cut off 2 months being on such a restricted plan is difficult. be proud of yourself for how far you've come and the fact that you recognize that cheats don't make you feel and better and just move on you're doing great tricia

Take this advice for yourself Erin!! Be proud of yourself for how far you've come! You are doing great! Don't let Phase 2 get to you, pretty soon you will be at your goal weight!
Old 07-22-2010, 04:29 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 208/147/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
I just started last Thursday as well, but I have a lot more to lose than you, unfortunately! I'd love to help you in any way I can - I'm a praise junky myself. I love to get an atta-girl!

Barbara

One for every five pounds lost:
GOOD LUCK WITH THE JOURNEY!!!

Quote:
Good morning IP-ers! The weight loss fairy came to visit me in my sleep last night and I woke up 2lbs down from yesterday's weigh in. Kinda makes me want to change my weigh in days to Thursdays.
CONGRATS ON THE LOSS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
ohhh thanks for the info on the hot chocolate drink... I am still on my starter package and there is no boxes to check... maybe that will be a guilty pleasure once a week! I am very happy with my losses so far... started Saturday at 166 and today... 160.2 WOW I hope I can continue and think if I do what I am doing I will be there in no time. Why couldn't I find this earlier in my life? Watch out life cause I am comin!
I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. THAT IS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE AND SOMETIMES I HAVE HAD IT 2 TIMES A DAY AND I THINK IT AFFECTED MY WEIGHT LOSS THIS WEEK OH WELL THERES ALWAYS NEXT WEEK

Quote:
Mornings are the darkest, by evening time they get lighter, after working out they are for sure lighter. Don't go by the color at all, if it shows any then you are fine and in ketosis. Color is very variable and dependant on your level of hydration. AND at the begining they were always darker, after the first few weeks mine never ever got to be way dark; I like to think it was because my body was using the ketones more efficiently. Bottom line though, first thing in the morning is the best test.
THANKS FOR THE INFO. I TO HAVE BEEN WONDERING AND THINKING ABOUT GETTING SOME EVEN THOUGH I AM CLOSE TO MOVING ON TO PHASE 2, I STILL THINK THEY WOULD BE NICE TO KNOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Just thinking about CalgaryGirlie (Samantha) today. We should remember to send her or love and positive energy. I'm sure she's still in shock, and there she will remain for a while. Bless her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dietfrenzy View Post
I, too think about Calgarygirl often. I pray that she gets through this tradegy.

I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT HER AND HER FAMILY ALTO HERE LATELY. I
I will be traveling to Salt Spring Island for a mini-vacation this weekend....first real vacation in 1.5 years! and today my cholesterol results came in...down 19 points since March.

good luck to all of you on your weight loss. xoxox dina
CONGRATS ON THE CHOLESTEROL COMING DOWN. WOO HOO!!!

Quote:
WOOHHOOOOO!!

My first official IP weigh-in was last night - I've lost 8.2 pounds and 19.75 inches in six days!! I was so excited, I wanted to hug everyone in the place.

Plus, I found out that my very dear ex-brother-in-law (my sister was crazy for divorcing him!) is also on IP - he started the week before I did. I went to see him and my nephews after I left the clinic, and he's lost 8 pounds and 31 inches - already off one of his insulin shots and they're reducing the other! He feels great and has a lot more energy!!

So for all the skeptics out there (including my husband and Dad) - this diet is amazing!!

And my scales showed another pound gone this morning!!

So I guess I can add this:

1 for every 5 pounds lost
"CONGRATS"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
This diet is amazing - I have been on it for three months and have lost 60#'s as of this morning. The weight just melts off at 3-4 pounds per week and I am excited. Good luck to you doing it "One Day at a Time".
THAT IS GREAT
Old 07-22-2010, 04:44 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 208/147/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frita View Post
Haven't had a chance to post the last couple WI's due to my schedule and my husband having my lap top lately, but i just got in from my WI and down another 5lbs.. bringing a total of 45 pounds since May 1st!!!! I have everyone trying protein shakes now and my mom's best friend is doing IP!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
Just a quick note while my veggies are cooking. I had my weigh in and I'm done 3.4 pounds and several inches! It's not last weeks 10, but I'll take it!

Have a great day everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheila View Post
Hey Everyone!!! Just got back from my weigh in. Lost a little over 2 lbs. I did have a big fat transfer. My coach said usually if you have a big fat transfer you don't see big numbers on the scale. I think I would rather see the big numbers Congrats on all the losses! Everyone is doing great!!! I do have a question for you all. I know we can't have the crystal light packs because of the aspartame. What about the propel water? Here is the link with the nutrition facts

http://www.zeer.com/Food-Products/Pr...213c25712c3349

I need some flavor

Thanks Sheila
CONGRATS AND WAY TO GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by natchamp View Post
I finally got my weight tracker signature. The was the longest wait ever! hurray!
CONGRATS!!! CAN'T WAIT TILL I CAN GET MINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBooKitty View Post
Had my weigh in this morning and am down 2 pounds WHOOHOO
THATS GREAT

Quote:
Ok- I had to share this one....

I work with kids and we all know that they can say the funniest and sweetest things. One of my kids has a hard time saying some of her speech sounds so everything she says turns out uber cute (It's my job to take away her cuteness and replace it with normal speech. The perils of being a speech therapist). Today she told me, "Miss Tristen (Kristen), you're pretty and wittle (little) lite (like) a tup (cup) of toffee (coffee) from Sarbuts (Starbucks)."
I THOUGHT THAT WAS THE CUTES THING EVERY!!
Old 07-22-2010, 05:07 PM   #207  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
yes it does feel good vent. Everytime I do, I get told that I am not following the "master plan" of the IP "god".
I'm surprised (and sorry) to hear that. I was under the impression that you were finding a great deal of support on these boards.

Please let us know what else we can do to help you succeed.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:19 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
I'm surprised (and sorry) to hear that. I was under the impression that you were finding a great deal of support on these boards.

Please let us know what else we can do to help you succeed.
Thank you so much for the genuine concern; I am deeply touched. I sure will schedule some time tonight to think about your question and reply promptly.

Regards,
Old 07-22-2010, 05:50 PM   #209  

Dairy... I think most of us like/love some form of this amazing stuff... I've seen several posts about missing cheese more than anything while on IP... me too!.. probably the only thing I miss... (well, that & kettle cooked potato chips).. so, just when I was wishing I could have a big chunk of cheese, I saw this article on Yahoo Green & changed my mind...

11 Reasons to Stop Eating Dairy...

hugs
Old 07-22-2010, 06:01 PM   #210  

S/C/G: 148/111.5/115

Height: 5'4"

My husband and I went to the beach today. What a test. One of my favorite rituals is soft ice cream on the boardwalk, another is the pound of fudge we always buy and eat in the car on the way home...

It was a GORGEOUS beach day--hot, breezy, the water was a tolerable temperature and the waves were great. I told my husband to skip the town with the boardwalk and we went to the state park at the end of the island instead--just a small pavilion instead of acres of pizza and french fry joints. I brought my salad and while my husband was wolfing down potato chips I had a package of the salt & vinegar ridges. And water--LOTS of water. I went in the ocean three times and exhausted myself. Coming home, I cut pieces of fudge and fed them to my husband (YES, I licked my fingers and a minuscule amount from under a fingernail, but that was IT), then put the box back in the cooler. When we got home I was starving. I had a shower and brewed a cup of hot black chai tea.

Baby scallops and green beans for dinner, and then my favorite butterscotch pudding.

One more day down.
Closed Thread