Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 06:15 PM   #331  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
how much water does everyone drink? I've been drinking about 112 oz a day on average and I was just wondering if that was too much?
I have always had trouble with the water. I read somewhere to take your current weight in pounds and divide by 2. The number you are left with should be the minimum amount of water in oz.

Current weight: 142
/2= 71

So I should be having a minimum of 71 oz a day of water. sigh....I admit I don't usually come close to that
Old 04-22-2010, 06:28 PM   #332  

S/C/G: 164.2/164.2/130

Height: 5' 6 3/4"

Quote:
how much water does everyone drink? I've been drinking about 112 oz a day on average and I was just wondering if that was too much?
Jordanna;

I am drinking about 8 cups water day. If I drank as much as you, I would have to live in the bathroom!!
Old 04-22-2010, 06:31 PM   #333  

Jordanna;

What store are you finding Walden Farms products in?

Thanks!
Old 04-22-2010, 06:37 PM   #334  

OK - I haven't really wanted to come onto the site to be a downer, but I am a bit frustrated right now. I am just about down 30 lbs (.3 lbs to go and I am half way)!! :-) My pants are getting baggy and starting not looking great. I went out last night to try on some smaller sizes, and couldn't get into them. I don't get it. The pants I am wearing now were never skin tight, but these ones I tried on had camel toes and everything!!! They were only 2 sizes down from what I have on now. I know we all lose weight differently, etc., but I was just getting so excited reading everyone's weight loses and new smaller size clothes purchases . . . oh well, got that off my chest!!

Welcome to all the newbies. Hang in there.

Congrats to everyone on their NSV and SV. Everyone is doing great.

Seems like we all need some encouragement right now and some willpower??!!
Old 04-22-2010, 06:40 PM   #335  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbrochu View Post
So question? So you follow the restricted plan, but do you add in a bar or something else once a day? Just wondering how that works or do you replace one of the packets with a restricted protein food. Thanks let me know!!
I've always been allowed one restricted item per day. From the start I usually had a bar each day for my restricted item or the chili for lunch. The closer I get to goal, the slower my weight loss has become. So some weeks I only have a bar 2-3 times per week in hopes of keeping my weight loss going. This week I'm on vacation so I've been back to having a bar every day for my snack for the convenience. I'm also in Phase II so I have two meals per day with 5-7 ounces of protein with vegetables plus lettuce. I'm not sure what you mean by restricted protein.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:46 PM   #336  

S/C/G: 232/168/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
Hi there,
I've been reading this section for the last few days to help get me on track for IP. Today is my first day and was horrified by the peach mango drink! The leek soup is awesome and I just had a butterscotch pudding which I wish I could have a gallon of.

So my question is-what does everyone LOVE and what packets are not so enjoyable?

My coah lets me pull a few packets from each box so I have a variety but I'm nevous about wasting a precious packet to find I can't get it down!

Thanks so much everyone and I can't wait to wear my bikini again this summer!!
I love the banana pineapple drink, the pre-mixed chocolate shake, the chocolate drink and the jello. To be honest, I don't like using the shaker (always seem to make a mess.) I don't care for the soups, especially the leek I also don't like the pink lemonade. However, I become less and less picky as the weeks roll by and the pounds come off. I tend to go for the lower carb options (staying away from the bars and all restricteds as well as broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus and zucchini.) My weight loss has slowed, and I hope it picks up. My coach suggested limiting those veggis and dropping to 1 tsp. of olive oil per day. Hope you find some things you like. My coach keeps a basket of packets to trade. This has exposed me to some stuff I would not have normally thought I would like.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:50 PM   #337  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Hi, Jordanna, I'm not a big water drinker so I have only had the minimum of 64 oz per day; however, it is supposedly ideal to drink 1/2 ounce per pound of body weight, so 112 oz sounds like a good amount.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:23 PM   #338  
New To Ideal Protein

S/C/G: 230/211.8/165

Height: 5 ft 5

I have only been having about 10 8oz glasses a day!! Eeeek 14 glasses not sure if I could do that at all! It seems to be ok for you though!
Old 04-22-2010, 07:29 PM   #339  

S/C/G: 145/120/115

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibdadozer View Post
Today is my first day too so I won't have much to offer you. I love the pink lemonade, hated the chicken soup, wasn't so high on the omelet but I'm going to try it again and I'm looking forward to the chocolate pudding tonight. My coach just dropped off a premixed vanilla drink for me to try tomorrow, she suggested I mix it with a little decaf coffee and blend it with ice. I'll let you know how it goes.

Yes,yes! Put the half the pre-made vanilla or choc drink into your coffee, add a little stevia and you will be very happy! Not a big fan of the omlette either, and returned the cereal which was gross. Good luck!
Old 04-22-2010, 07:31 PM   #340  
New To Ideal Protein

S/C/G: 230/211.8/165

Height: 5 ft 5

What I meant by restricted protein foods is the bars, muffins,pancakes etc. I have them written as restricted foods on my list till 100% of my weight is lost.
My couch does not follow the 80-90% weight loss then moving to phase.
I wish that I was allowed some of those, as maybe I would feel like I am on less of a diet. LOL!!
Old 04-22-2010, 07:34 PM   #341  

S/C/G: 145/120/115

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJHA View Post
OK - I haven't really wanted to come onto the site to be a downer, but I am a bit frustrated right now. I am just about down 30 lbs (.3 lbs to go and I am half way)!! :-) My pants are getting baggy and starting not looking great. I went out last night to try on some smaller sizes, and couldn't get into them. I don't get it. The pants I am wearing now were never skin tight, but these ones I tried on had camel toes and everything!!! They were only 2 sizes down from what I have on now. I know we all lose weight differently, etc., but I was just getting so excited reading everyone's weight loses and new smaller size clothes purchases . . . oh well, got that off my chest!!

Welcome to all the newbies. Hang in there.

Congrats to everyone on their NSV and SV. Everyone is doing great.

Seems like we all need some encouragement right now and some willpower??!!
Yes, I totally understand. I feel like I'm one of the slowest losers on the board! Lucky if I get 2 lbs a week! In 5 weeks I lost 15lbs, thought it would be more! But I keep plugging along..that's all we can do! 30lbs is no easy feat! Think back before you started..I'm sure you would have given anything to lose just 10lbs! That's what I keep telling myself.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:00 PM   #342  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I drink 112 oz of water a day also . Dont know if thats right but thats what I do .
Old 04-22-2010, 08:07 PM   #343  

S/C/G: Starting weight /146 / 135/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Sunnygrl2: My coach says it is completely normal to go back up to maintenance at phase 3. He even said some people go up in weight above what they want, then drop again, and some keep losing in maintenance.
Thank you for asking, it's okay then... i'll just keep on going, i wasn't sure if this was some ploy to get me to buy more products or something! that's awful of me to think....I know. =)
Old 04-22-2010, 08:12 PM   #344  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by babs181 View Post
Some people actually lose in Phase 3, but most gain 3-5 pounds, you're supposed to be entering phase 3 a little under your goal weight. I have the script/guidelines that coaches are given to review and go over with their dieters (My remote coach sent it to me so I would have more explanation as to how phase 3 works) I'm not sure why your coach would be upset as they should know that gaining in phase 3 is normal. All the data I have says 2 weeks on phase 3 and that's it. There is nothing more you could have done as long as you followed phase 3 to a T. I would urge your coach to check with her rep or something if she thinks you should stay in it longer. If you want to PM me with your email, I will send you a copy of the sheet I was given about Phase 3.
Thank you for responding, that's what I thought exactly! ok so i'll call her and have her ask. I don't understand why she would keep me in 3 when i should be in 4!
Old 04-22-2010, 08:19 PM   #345  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanable View Post
Weighed myself yesterday and today and I officially weigh less than my hubby!!! This has been a huge confidence booster as I basically stopped looking at my weight or telling my husband my weight after I started weighing more than him. I rewarded myself with pedicure (yay for red toes) and a new pair of skinny jeans (size 10!!) for my trip to Seattle this weekend I also weigh 155 - which means I am halfway to my goal weight of 130
Great Job!!! you'll be there in no time.
Closed Thread