Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 02:42 PM   #436  

S/C/G: 232/168/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaVB View Post
Hi all!! I'm an IP virgin, so I've got tons of reading to do. Got lots of questions, but I'll try to read the posts before asking again.

I gotta say though...I am having a REALLY REALLY rough time with the IP stuff. I have had a serious gag reflex on the Banana/Pineapple shake, I couldn't even finish the Strawberry pudding, and barely got through the Chicken soup. It's all just SO THICK with the directions on the packets. So I'm eating lots of lettuce and just being hungry, which is a disappointment because I was told I wouldn't be hungry on this.

I just started on Tuesday, so I've been doing this 3 days now. I live in a really small town with a crappy grocery store, but...it's not a huge deal, just because I'm very picky with the veggies. I can do cauliflower & broccoli but that's about the only veggie I've tried and liked. A lot of the veggies aren't even around in my grocery store, so wouldn't even know how to pick one out or cook it LOL

So anyway...I'm 37 years old, live in northwest Iowa and have been married for almost 15 years. We have a little girl who will be 9 in a few months, and I'm doing this to be able to shop in a regular clothing store, and hopefully not be so winded when my little girl wants to bike ride, play outside, etc.
Hi there! Good to see you on IP! I had a lot of grief my first week as well. One of the things I do for the drinks is to use a closed container with a straw, like a water bottle with a straw. This keeps me from smelling the drink ( I hate the smell), also try to add a little more water until you get the consistancy you like. There are some great recipies out there for veggis (my favorite is the roasted cauliflower and steamed broccoli), don't be afraid to add veggis to your eggs, omelet, or try stir fry. Tonight I'm gonna try the turnip fries recommended by chaplinswifey! Hang in there, your tastes will change and your hunger will lessen.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:44 PM   #437  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by meshell5488 View Post
Hello All,
I've been hanging around and reading all your posts for the past few weeks and can't believe the great results and support you all have here. Because of all of you I officially joined and started IP on Tuesday (the cost of this program though is quite staggering but a an investment in me!). I'm confused because it seems like every coach has different general guidelines so I'm confused.

My coach says I should eat 5 packs a day, 1 must be from the restricted list. Says because of my weight I need more 'fuel' and that I won't be successful if I skip the 1 R and only have 4 packs a day. She also told me to increase to 3 cups of veggies (with salad) vs. 2 cups. Told me to limit my exercise, no cardio, for at least first week or 2 (so we're working on weight training and core strengthing again).

Only side effects I've had is light headedness. I'm still only using 4 packs/day but added the 1R yesterday, and what a huge energy boost I had that afternoon/evening. I started the morning with the 1R (chocolate pancake) today to see if that helps my day. Bought me a 56oz jug and fill it 2x's per day to get my water in (going to start adding sliced lemons to it). Oh...I found "skinny water" has 0cal/0carb/0fat and tastes like fruit punch - thats my 1 extra treat each day. Also, I havent found any WF dressing I like yet, but found their BBQ sauce, gonna try it tonite on chicken.

I also decided to 'premake' my packs in the morning, cover and refrig till I need them - everything comes out super cold and yummy - the spaghetti bolognese was great reheated yesterday over salad and very filling. Chicken soup - again, thanks to hints here, I blended with spinich, added s&p and it was a wonderful creamy spinich soup.

Can't wait till monday to weigh in - i'm afraid to step on my scale at home - I don't want to be disappointed - I've got a long road ahead but this one may be different...I don't feel alone..thanks to this forum.

So nice to have you join! The road will not be as long as it seems. Follow the doctor's/coach's advise. They are taking into consideration a lot of info about your health, chemistry, and activity level. I have heard from my coach that they do make individual adjustments for some people.

I can't wait to try the restricted foods! They sound yummy!
Old 04-23-2010, 02:53 PM   #438  
NEW IP Dieter

S/C/G: 221/176.5/165

Height: 5 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Band Mom - recent research on the diet has come out showing that people are falling in and out of ketosis when they are eating restricted items everyday. People are using much more sweetner and extras than the diet originally intended and that combined with restricted items is causing people not to be able to stay in ketosis.

Without ketosis this is a starvation diet as we are only consuming about 700ish calories per day and that's not what IP is advocating - so in order to combat that, coaches are now being told to recommend that in the beginning to get deep in to ketosis clients should avoid restricted items, and after a few weeks they are allowed to have a couple a week as a treat.

That's where the variation comes from. Also, IP is doing regional training sessions to try to standardize the care clients are receiving and the information they are being given
Jordana Thank you for the explanation. I didn't understand the difference in being on a low calorie diet and being on a low calorie diet in ketosis....it all makes sense now. For some reason I am able to eat a bar a day and stay in ketosis. Possibly because I am on a medication that lowers my blood sugar and I am actually supposed to be on the alternative plan that has more calories.

I know you have heard this so many times but you should be a coach...you are very inspiring.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:54 PM   #439  

Quote:
Originally Posted by meshell5488 View Post
Hello All,
I've been hanging around and reading all your posts for the past few weeks and can't believe the great results and support you all have here. Because of all of you I officially joined and started IP on Tuesday (the cost of this program though is quite staggering but a an investment in me!). I'm confused because it seems like every coach has different general guidelines so I'm confused.

My coach says I should eat 5 packs a day, 1 must be from the restricted list. Says because of my weight I need more 'fuel' and that I won't be successful if I skip the 1 R and only have 4 packs a day. She also told me to increase to 3 cups of veggies (with salad) vs. 2 cups. Told me to limit my exercise, no cardio, for at least first week or 2 (so we're working on weight training and core strengthing again).

Only side effects I've had is light headedness. I'm still only using 4 packs/day but added the 1R yesterday, and what a huge energy boost I had that afternoon/evening. I started the morning with the 1R (chocolate pancake) today to see if that helps my day. Bought me a 56oz jug and fill it 2x's per day to get my water in (going to start adding sliced lemons to it). Oh...I found "skinny water" has 0cal/0carb/0fat and tastes like fruit punch - thats my 1 extra treat each day. Also, I havent found any WF dressing I like yet, but found their BBQ sauce, gonna try it tonite on chicken.

I also decided to 'premake' my packs in the morning, cover and refrig till I need them - everything comes out super cold and yummy - the spaghetti bolognese was great reheated yesterday over salad and very filling. Chicken soup - again, thanks to hints here, I blended with spinich, added s&p and it was a wonderful creamy spinich soup.

Can't wait till monday to weigh in - i'm afraid to step on my scale at home - I don't want to be disappointed - I've got a long road ahead but this one may be different...I don't feel alone..thanks to this forum.
Welcome, don't worry you're not alone. I love this blog and the support it gives! We all have a long way to go and it sounds like you have a great start/
Old 04-23-2010, 03:00 PM   #440  
Started IP 4/22/10

S/C/G: 242/219.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Does anyone not like the Chocolate pudding?
Old 04-23-2010, 03:02 PM   #441  
Started IP 4/22/10

S/C/G: 242/219.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
NOPE, you did it RIGHT! It is chalky tasting. Has a very low amount of sweeteners in it. Try adding 1 to 3 peppermint extract drops and 1 more splenda to the water, mix that then add the chocolate powder. It makes a chocolate mint pudding and kills the chocolate taste.
Ha I saw this after I asked if anyone else doesn't like it.

Anyone tried the lemon or banana pudding?
Old 04-23-2010, 03:02 PM   #442  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Band Mom View Post
Is anyone else confused by all the different "rules" that each coach is using? My coach is very straight forward...by the book. She uses the sheet straight from the IP Protocol that was given to her by the distributor.

The regular IP program allows for 2 non-restrictive and 1 restrictive packet each day. That plus the 4 of veggies, lettuce, the salt, and the oil.

I not sure why some coaches are not allowing people to have a restrictive packet each day if they want one. Of course people may choose not to have a restrictive item and have 3 non-restrictive items instead...but the choice should be yours to make and not the coaches.

I have used the bars everyday since I have started the diet and continue to lose on average 4 lbs a week. I personally would be very bored with the diet if I coudn't have a bar. If my weight loss slows I might choose to eliminate them, but again this would be my choice.

On another subject...the Lindora bars (which I also use sometimes for variety) are from the same manufacturer. I agree with knowing what the being aware of the ingredients but if they work, why not save a bit of money.

Sorry I had to vent....have a great weekend!
I am not sure why some coaches are so restrictive but they are. I read only a 3 week weight for restricted food and was told no at 70% now he says he won't give them til 90% lost. Also, I read that we got to shift at 70% weight loss and my coach said NO. He won't shift people to the next phase until 90-100% lost. Part of it seems to be fear and experience and length of time doing this. He has seen a lot of people misuse the restricted items and stop weight loss or regain. He is so concerned for every succeeding he is doing it strict. He also is doing it the way he did and for him, simple and strict worked. Another factor is our regional is apparently very much to the keep it strict side. I know there are other coaches in my area so, if it were a real problem, I might ask around and find one who was practicing a philosophy that worked for me. As it stands, I am ok with how things are going.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:08 PM   #443  

S/C/G: 139/130.5/110

Height: 5' 2"

Hello. I am new here and to IP as well. I just completed my first week. Down 3.5 lbs!! My first week, I was given a variety of the packets. Some were good, some were ok, and some were terrible. It was kind of nice to be able to try a variety before making my picks.

Seem to be doing ok. Had headaches the first few days, but that was because I gave up my diet coke.

I have been enjoying reading everything and looking at all of the recipes. I will be trying some soon!! Kids and Hubby have been very supportive.

ibdadozer - What part of St. Louis are you from? I live in the metro east.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:09 PM   #444  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibdadozer View Post
Ha I saw this after I asked if anyone else doesn't like it.

Anyone tried the lemon or banana pudding?
The lemon is ok. I add an extra splenda with some lemon extract or a few drops of the "lemon drop stevia" by sweet leaf. Then I add some poppy seeds. It isn't too bad.

The banana... HA... HA... HA.. NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN!! It tastes like banana laffy taffy candy! GROSS to me even as a kid. I have tried it once and never looked back.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:12 PM   #445  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Band Mom View Post
Jordana Thank you for the explanation. I didn't understand the difference in being on a low calorie diet and being on a low calorie diet in ketosis....it all makes sense now. For some reason I am able to eat a bar a day and stay in ketosis. Possibly because I am on a medication that lowers my blood sugar and I am actually supposed to be on the alternative plan that has more calories.

I know you have heard this so many times but you should be a coach...you are very inspiring.
Awww thanks Band Mom.

Regarding the restricted items, my philosophy is this - if it works for you stick with it! Your coach will recommend things based on your needs and each coach has specific information about each persons health profile and has a good understanding about what will work for you. That's I think where some of the difference lies.

Quote:
I sometimes add coconut extract & splenda to my chocolate pudding and it reminds me of a bounty bar...
Old 04-23-2010, 03:13 PM   #446  

Quote:
I don't like any of the puddings. I prefer the drinks, and I am not allowed any restricted items. I also tread veggis as restricted items (2x per week.) This was at my coaches directive in order to perk up my loss. In the last two weeks I have only lost 3 pounds, but I did loose 8 inches. I'll take that! Plus I don't feel like I'm missing anything. I guess food has started to become boring, more like fuel than comfort.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:14 PM   #447  

To all the ladies who whooped up on the scale this week, CONGRADULATIONS!!!!! Libby and Carla you look great, I can't wait to be there! Thanks everyone for your inspiration!
Old 04-23-2010, 03:32 PM   #448  

MzMoody and Choosie1 and any other newbies I have missed or that may be lurking!

Also, and I hope no one minds, but I need to say something about the whole "IP vs Matol, Lindora, New Lifestyles, Dr "who ever", do it yourself" battle.

First, it comes up every time a new group joins the board. Second, it resurfaces whenever someone who is part of the board reaches a financial fork in the road, an issue with a coach/clinic, or needs to have some variety. Third, it is always followed by a disruption to the board as people debate and argue the merits of the products and, then is followed by people who leave the board.

Personally, I see it as a personal subject and decision. I understand the need to communicate and inform oneself and for that reason Jordanna created a separate thread, outside of our weekly chit chat, just for the purpose of such discussions. I think the discussions and tidbits related to the value of using these other brands that are compatible with the IP protocols are valuable but should be in a separate place.

ALSO my personal opinion, this is a chit chat thread to share support, advice, tips and experience, get to know others, share recipes, etc. It is not a place to be judging or being critical of another persons approach. ( I personally am a hard core IP girl. In the beginning, I felt like if you were not doing IP only maybe you were not really on the plan and shouldn't be here. I was WRONG. The plans/products are closely related and do work together. I personally won't be using them anytime soon but, again, IT IS PERSONAL.)

I would hate to have any lurking persons who read our thread see the posts that seem argumentative, non-supportive, and at times (in the past) rude. They may be deterred from trying any of the products/programs and may not get the benefits of something that could change their life. Also, I would hate to see a newbie to the forum stop participating because they feel un-welcomed, or a current user driven off by someone's overly asserted opinion of what should or shouldn't be done. (I left the forum for quite some time and a BIG part of it was the bickering and arguments over product. THANK YOU again Jordanna, if it weren't for the optional thread created and the settling of the tone on the chat, I would have stayed gone I think.)

I think sharing our knowledge, providing facts, experiences, and tips is all important. I think each person should decide for themselves what works. I don't think this is the right thread for the "alternate products debate" as it may confuse, frustrate, or drive away others who aren't in a place for those decisions.

I hope I haven't offended anyone with my outspokenness. I have just gone through three other rounds of this and wish it wouldn't come up again. (It will I am sure, with the next group of newbies and those at forks in the road!)

May I suggest these discussions continue on this thread link?
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...deas-tips.html

Also, there is an alternative phases and diets program thread for chit chat too. My understanding is they have lots of tips.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...il-2010-a.html

Thanks for hearing my rant/tantrum. I am in no way suggesting anyone on here (this forum or thread) jump ship. I don't want to see anyone leave this forum/thread. I do want each person to get what they need in support and friendship and information. I hope that by knowing about the other threads it will help each person get what they need to continue the programs they are choosing and to stay here!

(begin throwing rotten tomatoes and eggs now! )

Last edited by showgirlaz; 04-23-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:34 PM   #449  
NEW IP Dieter

S/C/G: 221/176.5/165

Height: 5 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateusernames View Post
I don't like any of the puddings. I prefer the drinks, and I am not allowed any restricted items. I also tread veggis as restricted items (2x per week.) This was at my coaches directive in order to perk up my loss. In the last two weeks I have only lost 3 pounds, but I did loose 8 inches. I'll take that! Plus I don't feel like I'm missing anything. I guess food has started to become boring, more like fuel than comfort.
HATEUSERSNAMES:

WOW I did not get your "User Name" until I typed it out What do you mean you use veggies only 2x a week...all veggies? That would be my kind of diet...only IP foods. I am SICK of salad!

Last edited by Band Mom; 04-23-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:39 PM   #450  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post

Also, and I hope no one minds, but I need to say something about the whole "IP vs Matol, Lindora, New Lifestyles, Dr "who ever", do it yourself" battle.
(begin throwing rotten tomatoes and eggs now! )
Why would we?

Everyone has it's own opinion about the subject - and respecting each other ups and downs is what this place is all about!

Being on IP with breaks, cheats, big and small victories for the last 8 months has brought me perspective about this plan. As Jordanna writes it, it is about what works for YOU!

Keep faith in yourself!

By the way, down almost 6lbs this week!

Last edited by SylvieG; 04-23-2010 at 03:41 PM.
Closed Thread