Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 09:57 PM   #226  
New To Ideal Protein

S/C/G: 230/211.8/165

Height: 5 ft 5

Default Hey everyone!!

I am new to IP and live up in BC, Canada. I was so thrilled when I heard of this diet arriving in my little town. I am on day 5 and so far so good. It is that time of the mth so not so sure how that will go. I am really not liking the soups, or the dry cereals. Ick!! I am more making smoothies, and having the puddings and drinks!!
I love all your inspiration, thanks so much everyone!!

Where do I add the weight loss tracker, can't find that!!
Old 04-21-2010, 09:59 PM   #227  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
did they measure you? a lot of times you lose many inches and not as many pounds
They measured me but I didn't lose any inches this week
Old 04-21-2010, 10:00 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 240/227/160

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
I love the people I work with. Today is Secretary's Day and in the lounge it was filled to the brim with veggies!! They know I am losing weight and trying to be very good. They had bottled water and veggies, fruit and then few things like Pita chips and Multi grain crackers. What a great staff. They also purchased me a $30.00 gift card to Ross for new clothes when I reach my goal.
I ate some celery, cucumbers and broccoli completely guilt free and ignored all the rest.

Today is my 6 week weigh in. I have been on Bootcamp this whole time and think I will stick with it. Again I have the nervous stomach about weighing in. I always feel fat on the day I'm going in. I know its all mental, but I just want to be out of the 180's on their scale. On mine I was 178 on Sunday, but I'm not expecting too much. I at least get measured today, so I will focus on the inches I'll report later.
I wish I were with you! We had a covered dish with fried chicken, mac and cheese and Paula Deens Pumpkin Gooey cake. I decided to go to my desk and work or I would cheat!!!

I have realized in this first week that a strong support is the key to any of this working.

Happy Administrative Assistants week!
Old 04-21-2010, 10:00 PM   #229  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Weighed in today and lost 3.4 lbs I was happy with that. She also took my measurments which were way more exciting. Here they are...

- 5.5 chest
-5 waist
-3.5 hips
-1 arms
-2.75 thighs

17.75 inches lost and 25 lbs, also 3.4% body fat. I love Ideal Protein
wow on a Roll! Congrats!
Old 04-21-2010, 10:01 PM   #230  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
Carla, it is flattering that other men notice you. Does your BF get jealous at all? Some men can be very worried when their women lose weight to the point of sabatoging the diet.

I can't wait to see the recent photos of you. It was nice for you to post some previous ones so we can follow the change you have made.

I do value your input since you have been on the diet so long. I think our experience gives us all better insight than some of the coaches. Your's were the first posts I remember reading on this forum.
Where is the information that says 100 days to reset your pancreas? What about people like Babs who did not have much weight to lose? She would never be able to do 100 days. I also know local women that did the program to lose 25 lbs. They didn't stay on phase 1 for 100 days. Please direct me to the IP literature that says this.

Thanks!
Hey there! BF seems to be ok with the attention. I think it is a boost for his ego. He has been right there when one guy was flirting with me and knows I wasn’t interested. He has been extremely supportive, almost too much so at times. He likes to remind me what I can and can’t eat now! My sis is sending pictures tomorrow and I will be posting as soon as I can.
I feel so bad! I seem to be creating confusion regarding the 90 – 100 day thing. I was told it by my coach so, I will try to get the back up from him and share it. Sorry I can’t do anything sooner.
I enjoy your posts too! I enjoy everyone’s! I miss seeing some of the people who were on when I started. I don’t know, maybe they are on the alternate plan thread now. I try not to read that one. I am not ready for it and I know there is a lot of cross over talk with the other products. I don’t have a problem with each of us choosing what works but it is confusing for me to remember some of the advise is for those using a different plan or groups of products.
Gotta run for now! I need to work on dinner and check on draining my pool We are having a short cold snap in Arizona (60’s the next 2 days and we were in the 90’s) so, I want to take advantage and reset the pool water for summer.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:02 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 240/227/160

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbrochu View Post
I am new to IP and live up in BC, Canada. I was so thrilled when I heard of this diet arriving in my little town. I am on day 5 and so far so good. It is that time of the mth so not so sure how that will go. I am really not liking the soups, or the dry cereals. Ick!! I am more making smoothies, and having the puddings and drinks!!

I am new too, but I read that the signature feature is blocked for 20 days in order to reduce Spam.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:03 PM   #232  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbrochu View Post

you need to wait 20 days and have a certain amount of posts too, then you will be allowed to have a signature ...tracker
Old 04-21-2010, 10:10 PM   #233  

S/C/G: 275/197/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
FOUND IT!!!!

Posted on the chat fro the week of the 12th through the 18th
I read that post but I also read this somewhere in IP literature--I was digging really deep--because having been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, just before I started this I was really hoping to be able to reverse it. If I find where else I saw this I will post.....
I know that it does not make sense for those who do not have much to lose because they are not going to be on it that long--so I don't know. That seems to be one thing about IP sometimes the information is conflicting and once again until I find where exactly I read it....Jordanna sounded like she had heard something to this effect--was that from this post or somewhere else.

Last edited by beyourbestinidaho; 04-21-2010 at 10:26 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:57 PM   #234  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyang View Post
Thanks Blue Mermaid for your great input. Last night I talked with my coach for her suggestions on how I should manage my vacation. She is very reasonable and agreed that my plan to eat mostly proteins and veggies, and stay away from the unprocessed carbs was a good one. She said that if I did gain a little, get right back on IP as soon as I return and I should be okay. When I asked about alcohol, she told me that it was better to stay with clear alcohols, like vodka, and put it with diet soda. No beer, as that is the worst.

Actually, at my WI last night, I had convinced myself that I was only going to lose a lb based on my home scale. I actually lost 3.4# which was very exciting for me.

Kelsey- Whatever you decide to do, know that you can restart this program at any point with success. You might have a couple days with headache to get back in ketosis, but it can be done. I am in this for the long haul, and that means enjoying my vacations and family time. A week is a very small part of my life. Everyone feels differently, and that is okay.
3.4 lbs is a "Great loss!" Congratulations!

I think I will post a few things from Lyle McDonald's book "Guide to Flexible Dieting" when I have time. He also wrote a book called "The Ketogenic Diet" among others. Ideal Protein is a ketogenic diet as well. I don't know about the rest of you but I have dieted for 25 years off and on. We all have to make our diets and our lives work together. I know I seem to be able to deal with the diet for a few more weeks now that I have taken a break. I don't have a deadline to meet like some of you trying to get ready for weddings and such. Please let the diet be a personal decision and not one forced upon you by IP coaches. I am glad to see you have a coach willing to give you some tips on taking a break. My theory is when I take a break it shocks my system a little and lets me continue to lose.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:10 PM   #235  

S/C/G: 232/168/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone, I'm not really super new to IP (in my 8th week), but I've been lurking around reading your posts. Thought I'd finally jump in. You guys have already helped me over some rough spots so thank you for your inspiration. Some of you may wonder over my user name, by the time I tried three my temper was tapped. Food has been my number one comfort for longer than I can remember so it turns out I get cranky quickly without it. Still glad to be here and in the open, FINALLY!
Old 04-21-2010, 11:23 PM   #236  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Hey there!
I feel so bad! I seem to be creating confusion regarding the 90 – 100 day thing. I was told it by my coach so, I will try to get the back up from him and share it. Sorry I can’t do anything sooner.
No, don't feel bad! We all repeat what our coaches tell us and what we pick up along the way. It is a learning experience for all of us.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:47 PM   #237  

Default Book clip

I really enjoyed reading this book and think it may help me when I get to phase 4. Here is just a small piece of this book. I hope I don't upset the author by promoting his book on this website. I am not saying everyone should go out and cheat. I just think you should all educate yourselves with as much information as you can and then decide what will work best for you in the long run.

Title and heading for the book.

A Guide to Flexible Dieting
How Being Less Strict With Your
Diet Can Make it Work Better
by Lyle McDonald.

Chapter 5: How dieters fail diets

In this chapter, I want to discuss two of the primary ways that dieters tend to sabotage their own efforts on a diet, that is the way that dieters fail diets. These two ways are being too absolute and expecting perfection and by thinking only in the short-term.

Too absolute/expecting perfection

Perhaps the single biggest reason I have found for dieters failing in their diet effects is that many dieters try to be far too absolute in their approach to the diet something I alluded to in the foreword. When these people are on their diet they are ON THEIR DIET(!!!). Which is altogether fine as long as they stay on the diet. The problem is that any slip, no matter how small, is taken as complete and utter failure. The diet is abandoned and the post-diet food binge begins. As I’ve mentioned, this tends to put the fat (and frequently a little extra) back on faster than before. We have all either known (or been) the following person: one cookie eaten in a moment of weakness or distraction, the guilt sets in, and the rest of the bag is GONE (perhaps inhaled is the proper word). Anything worth doing is worth overdoing, right? Psychologists refer to such individuals as rigid dieters, they see the world in a rather extreme right or wrong approach, either they are on their diet, and 100% perfection is expected, or they are off their diet, shoveling crap in as fast as it will go. I’m quite sure this type of attitude is not limited to dieting, probably any behavior you care to name finds people at one extreme or the other. Now, I could probably go on for pages about this one topic but I’ll spare you the verbiage. My main point out that there are times (most of them) when obsessive dedication or the expectation of perfection becomes a very real source of failure. Sure, if it drives you towards better and better results, such an attitude will work. But only until you finally slip. Note that I said ‘until you slip’ not ‘if you slip’. In most cases, it’s a matter of when, not if you’re going to break your diet. If you take the attitude that anything less than absolute perfection is a failure, you’re pretty much doomed from the start.

Last edited by BlueMermaid; 04-21-2010 at 11:53 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:52 PM   #238  

Thanks to everyone for leaving comments about the colours of my blog - I took them all in and then turned around and changed it all LOL.

The good news: I got enough comments so I will be having a giveaway on Friday so tune in then for your chance to win! Everyone who leaves me comments on Friday is eligible
Old 04-22-2010, 12:10 AM   #239  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Thanks to everyone for leaving comments about the colours of my blog - I took them all in and then turned around and changed it all LOL.

The good news: I got enough comments so I will be having a giveaway on Friday so tune in then for your chance to win! Everyone who leaves me comments on Friday is eligible
Jordanna, I tried to leave a comment and got an ERROR 404. I really like the new colors on your blog. They are springy and inviting!

I just went back out and refreshed and my comments were saved.

Last edited by BlueMermaid; 04-22-2010 at 12:11 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:12 AM   #240  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Woohoo Carla.....congrats. You go girl!!!

bluemermaid....I enjoyed the post from the book you are reading. I'm not pro cheat really, but I am realistic. It happens. I do think the author is right. That would be me eating the whole bag!!! As long as I don't cheat, I'm good. But, my cheat would be the whole day and then I get over it and start anew the next day. I had one of those a while back. I just blew it off and started over. I lost for the week, not probably what I would have, but oh well. This has been said many times. We all have to do what works for us.

I do wish we were all getting the same info from our coaches. But you know what, it is another one of those deals. Stick to what works for you. I use some Lindora products and enjoy them with no problems. I can eat aspartame without any problems. I don't have a lot, but if something has it in it, I don't worry about it. I use celery as a free food and I also have been known to have some cheese here and there. I like gum once in a while. I break a stick into 6 pieces. I might have a stick a week. I enjoy it. I know others have their little "cheats" if that is what you want to call it. Honestly, I don't consider them "cheats". They keep me on track and I am losing, so I don't even tell my coach. If I start having problems or quit losing then I will rethink these things, but not right now.
Closed Thread