Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 05:09 PM   #466  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

ok. here is a what my avatar looks like large size.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 04-23-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:13 PM   #467  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
ok. here is a what my avatar looks like large size.
you look great!!!!
Old 04-23-2010, 05:32 PM   #468  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Carla, that is a great Avatar picture of you with your niece. Maybe you could cut out the portion with just you or you and your niece so that we could see you better.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:45 PM   #469  

S/C/G: 179/156/150

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi Everyone,

I am new also and have been lurking the past week or so. I only recently started IP and am so motivated by all of you! So far it is going great.

Everytime I open a packet I think I am not going to like it, but there hasn't been anything yet that wasn't pretty darn good. I was amazed when I made the chili for lunch and the difference between what it looked like coming out of the packet and being mixed with water to what it was after leaving the microwave.

I look forward to reading everyone's posts each day and hearing about everyone's challenges, success and great advice. Thanks for that!
Old 04-23-2010, 06:12 PM   #470  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Default weigh in

Weighed in in jeans and stayed the same, my coach wants to start eating 4 IP packages a day. She says that since I am so active I need more calories. I was very active before I started IP and have reduced my training from 3 days a week to 2 because of IP. I used to run 40K a week but hurt my knee but I can't wait to start again !! She said to wait a few weeks before I start running again.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:48 PM   #471  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Hi,

alright its my day 5. I still have the hunger going on but it could be because I had dinner guests last night and there was so much food that I love to eat but couldn't eat; fridge is packed with leftovers and pastries and so much goodness. I didn't cheat at all, though had salmon which I know is high in fat and the salad had a bit too much dressing and was mixed with avacados. I only had the lettuce though.

UMMMM just wanted to say that I really didn't want to do this but did weigh myself this morning and have lost 5 pounds. I don't feel like I have lost anything though, maybe because I have no energy so I just don't feel lighter

really hoping the 5 pounds is true.

my actual weigh in with nutrionist will be next friday so that will be telling as will use the same balance.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:19 PM   #472  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

[QUOTE=diceydoe;3261909]Hi Everyone,
I was amazed when I made the chili for lunch and the difference between what it looked like coming out of the packet and being mixed with water to what it was after leaving the microwave.

Try the chili over lettuce--I do that and pretend it is taco salad! mmmmm
Old 04-23-2010, 07:19 PM   #473  

You look AMAZING!!!! Way to go, hottie!
Old 04-23-2010, 07:29 PM   #474  

The banana... HA... HA... HA.. NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN!! It tastes like banana laffy taffy candy! GROSS to me even as a kid. I have tried it once and never looked back.[/QUOTE]

I loved Banana Laffy Taffy but had to stop eating it because last Halloween it broke my front tooth off--1500.00 crown later...maybe I should try it? LOL!!!
Old 04-23-2010, 08:23 PM   #475  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Wow great job on all your losses ladies and the pics are inspirational!

Quick questions for those in the know When measuring out veggies are we to go by cooked or uncooked weight? It wasn't really an issue until I decided to give mushrooms a shot. 2 cups cooked is about 6 cups raw, hahaha...hmmm perhaps I just answered my own question

Thanks again for all the help!
Old 04-23-2010, 08:34 PM   #476  

Height: 5'4"

You can also make a chocolate cake similar to angel food cake using the above recipe, plus adding 1/2 Tablespoon baking cocoa and reducing the water to 1 Tablespoon. Spray a Pyrex ramekin or microwavable large coffee cup with PAM. Pour batter in cup. Microwave for 1 minute. Let sit for 5 minutes. Top with Walden Farms caramel dip or topping of your choice. The cocoa adds 1 carb gram

BevS- Thank you so much! I can't wait to try out my "chocolate cake" tonight!!
Old 04-23-2010, 08:34 PM   #477  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Wow great job on all your losses ladies and the pics are inspirational!

Quick questions for those in the know When measuring out veggies are we to go by cooked or uncooked weight? It wasn't really an issue until I decided to give mushrooms a shot. 2 cups cooked is about 6 cups raw, hahaha...hmmm perhaps I just answered my own question

Thanks again for all the help!
Uncooked... I asked using Spinach as an example ...uncooked, and also it is 2 cups as in a measuring cup, not 16 oz
Old 04-23-2010, 08:40 PM   #478  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateusernames View Post
I love the banana pineapple drink, the pre-mixed chocolate shake, the chocolate drink and the jello. To be honest, I don't like using the shaker (always seem to make a mess.) I don't care for the soups, especially the leek I also don't like the pink lemonade. However, I become less and less picky as the weeks roll by and the pounds come off. I tend to go for the lower carb options (staying away from the bars and all restricteds as well as broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus and zucchini.) My weight loss has slowed, and I hope it picks up. My coach suggested limiting those veggis and dropping to 1 tsp. of olive oil per day. Hope you find some things you like. My coach keeps a basket of packets to trade. This has exposed me to some stuff I would not have normally thought I would like.
Oh no!! Broccoli, asparagus and zucchini are my favorites, are they much higher in carbs than the others on the list?

This board really does help keep me motivated, I love reading everyone's success stories, tips and those weight stats under the names, definitely helps make my weight loss seem in reach

Cheers to a successful Day 2 for me! Hope everyone else had a great day too!
Old 04-23-2010, 08:48 PM   #479  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
Jordanna, I drink an easy 100 oz of water a day. I also have 2 cups of coffee in the morning so I have to drink the extra water for it.

Potassium from Lindora has 198 mg per tablet and it is from potassium gluconate. Potassium/Calcium from IP is 800 mg per tablet and it is from postassium bicarbonate. I don't have a clue what the different potassiums are. This supplement is very important to me and I feel much better when I take 2 of them a day. I take the IP ones, have been afraid to switch to the Lindora ones I bought.

WELCOME to all the NEWBIES!!! It is so much fun to have new people that have the same questions we all had. It is a good refresher for the rest of us.

This is a great program, give it a chance. The first week can be awful! If you have weird things going on, ask us. One of us has probably gone through the same thing. Best of luck to all of you.

I like the premade vanilla drinks, the vanilla and butterscotch pudding made 45minutes in advance and put in the freezer with some cinnamon mixed in. I like the crispy cereal with super cold water. The wildberry yogurt is ok as long as you put it in the freezer for 45 minutes. The jello is very good made with 10 oz of boiling water in a dish, please do not use the shaker for this. If you use 5 oz of water it is more like knox blox. I really like the white chocolate cinnamon bars, the vanilla peanut bars and the cookies and cream bars. The chili is good, just not a very big portion so cook some mushrooms or miracle noodles to mix with it. My husband likes the soup and eats it every day for lunch (YUK). I don't like the smell of the soup so I can't eat it. The lemon and banana pudding have a very artificial flavor. The strawberry pudding is pretty good. The soy crisps are ok and convenient.

As for the Walden Farms stuff. I ordered some from Walden Farms and some from Netrition. The Netrition stuff still has propylene glycol alginate. The Walden Farms stuff did not. A friend of mine had called and asked them about it and they said they were taking it out of their products. The thousand island from Walden Farms is thicker than the stuff I got from Netrition. I have not really found a salad dressing from them that I like so I use vinegar and oil. The ranch vegetable dip is pretty good. I did not care for the caramel or chocolate dip. The mayo is okay and the spicy bbq sauce is pretty good. The marinara sauce is okay too.

The thousand island is really good for the big mac in a bowl recipe someone posted!
hahaha, the thousand island idea sounds so much better than my extra lean burger, lettuce, pickle and walden farms "ketchup". i'll definitely try that next

i'm at the end of day two and it's definitely been easier than yesterday that's for sure!
Old 04-23-2010, 08:56 PM   #480  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaVB View Post
Hi all!! I'm an IP virgin, so I've got tons of reading to do. Got lots of questions, but I'll try to read the posts before asking again.

I gotta say though...I am having a REALLY REALLY rough time with the IP stuff. I have had a serious gag reflex on the Banana/Pineapple shake, I couldn't even finish the Strawberry pudding, and barely got through the Chicken soup. It's all just SO THICK with the directions on the packets. So I'm eating lots of lettuce and just being hungry, which is a disappointment because I was told I wouldn't be hungry on this.

I just started on Tuesday, so I've been doing this 3 days now. I live in a really small town with a crappy grocery store, but...it's not a huge deal, just because I'm very picky with the veggies. I can do cauliflower & broccoli but that's about the only veggie I've tried and liked. A lot of the veggies aren't even around in my grocery store, so wouldn't even know how to pick one out or cook it LOL

So anyway...I'm 37 years old, live in northwest Iowa and have been married for almost 15 years. We have a little girl who will be 9 in a few months, and I'm doing this to be able to shop in a regular clothing store, and hopefully not be so winded when my little girl wants to bike ride, play outside, etc.
Try adding more water, I was warned of the too small amount of water recommended at my first weigh in, you've got to eat your packets though because if you just live on lettuce you're basically starving yourself.

Hang in there, everyone here is here to lend support and I've found some awesome recipes and ideas.

Good luck to you!
Closed Thread