Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 08:22 PM   #346  

Jordanna, I drink an easy 100 oz of water a day. I also have 2 cups of coffee in the morning so I have to drink the extra water for it.

Potassium from Lindora has 198 mg per tablet and it is from potassium gluconate. Potassium/Calcium from IP is 800 mg per tablet and it is from postassium bicarbonate. I don't have a clue what the different potassiums are. This supplement is very important to me and I feel much better when I take 2 of them a day. I take the IP ones, have been afraid to switch to the Lindora ones I bought.

WELCOME to all the NEWBIES!!! It is so much fun to have new people that have the same questions we all had. It is a good refresher for the rest of us.

This is a great program, give it a chance. The first week can be awful! If you have weird things going on, ask us. One of us has probably gone through the same thing. Best of luck to all of you.

I like the premade vanilla drinks, the vanilla and butterscotch pudding made 45minutes in advance and put in the freezer with some cinnamon mixed in. I like the crispy cereal with super cold water. The wildberry yogurt is ok as long as you put it in the freezer for 45 minutes. The jello is very good made with 10 oz of boiling water in a dish, please do not use the shaker for this. If you use 5 oz of water it is more like knox blox. I really like the white chocolate cinnamon bars, the vanilla peanut bars and the cookies and cream bars. The chili is good, just not a very big portion so cook some mushrooms or miracle noodles to mix with it. My husband likes the soup and eats it every day for lunch (YUK). I don't like the smell of the soup so I can't eat it. The lemon and banana pudding have a very artificial flavor. The strawberry pudding is pretty good. The soy crisps are ok and convenient.

As for the Walden Farms stuff. I ordered some from Walden Farms and some from Netrition. The Netrition stuff still has propylene glycol alginate. The Walden Farms stuff did not. A friend of mine had called and asked them about it and they said they were taking it out of their products. The thousand island from Walden Farms is thicker than the stuff I got from Netrition. I have not really found a salad dressing from them that I like so I use vinegar and oil. The ranch vegetable dip is pretty good. I did not care for the caramel or chocolate dip. The mayo is okay and the spicy bbq sauce is pretty good. The marinara sauce is okay too.

The thousand island is really good for the big mac in a bowl recipe someone posted!
Old 04-22-2010, 08:32 PM   #347  
New To Ideal Protein

S/C/G: 230/211.8/165

Height: 5 ft 5

Has anyone come up with a carb/sugar free Caesar dressing. Was just thinking Olive oil,egg,anchovies??,garlic, s&P , worchesterchire, lemon juice........ Just thinking if a small amt on the lettuce(romaine) would be allowed. Just throwing that out there. I do not like any of the walden dressings, ICK!! but love my caesar salad. LOL!!
Old 04-22-2010, 08:38 PM   #348  

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbrochu View Post
Has anyone come up with a carb/sugar free Caesar dressing. Was just thinking Olive oil,egg,anchovies??,garlic, s&P , worchesterchire, lemon juice........ Just thinking if a small amt on the lettuce(romaine) would be allowed. Just throwing that out there. I do not like any of the walden dressings, ICK!! but love my caesar salad. LOL!!
There is 2 recipe threads, I am not sure if you will see a caesar salad dressing but you might. If you come up with one, please share as it will be appreciated by others.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:03 PM   #349  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJHA View Post
Jordanna;

What store are you finding Walden Farms products in?

Thanks!
I buy my WF products from a health food store called MHN (Maximum Health & Nutrition). They carry WF products and the DiVinci syrups too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
I drink 112 oz of water a day also . Dont know if thats right but thats what I do .
Well it doesn't seem to be hurting you any so how bad could it be I guess!!
Old 04-22-2010, 09:34 PM   #350  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I buy my WF products from a health food store called MHN (Maximum Health & Nutrition). They carry WF products and the DiVinci syrups too!
Well it doesn't seem to be hurting you any so how bad could it be I guess!!
Jordanna, I don't think I have ever seen a website with such cool colors. You really did a great job!
Old 04-22-2010, 09:49 PM   #351  

S/C/G: 275/197/160

Quote:
how much water does everyone drink? I've been drinking about 112 oz a day on average and I was just wondering if that was too much?
I have been drinking a minumum of 66 oz and on somedays it is more that--but usually only after I have worked out and lost the first 66 oz in sweat. LOL
Old 04-22-2010, 09:51 PM   #352  

Oh gosh thank you so much Blue!!

I've been crazy busy trying to launch the site and work out all the bugs, gear up for my giveaway etc I haven't had time to stop and enjoy it yet lol!
Old 04-22-2010, 09:55 PM   #353  

S/C/G: 275/197/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJHA View Post
OK - I haven't really wanted to come onto the site to be a downer, but I am a bit frustrated right now. I am just about down 30 lbs (.3 lbs to go and I am half way)!! :-) My pants are getting baggy and starting not looking great. I went out last night to try on some smaller sizes, and couldn't get into them. I don't get it. The pants I am wearing now were never skin tight, but these ones I tried on had camel toes and everything!!! They were only 2 sizes down from what I have on now. I know we all lose weight differently, etc., but I was just getting so excited reading everyone's weight loses and new smaller size clothes purchases . . . oh well, got that off my chest!!

Welcome to all the newbies. Hang in there.

Congrats to everyone on their NSV and SV. Everyone is doing great.

Seems like we all need some encouragement right now and some willpower??!!
I second that welcome to all the newbies and congrats on all the NSV and SV--that are taking place.
I so totally feel what you are saying about clothing sizes I lost over 35 to 40 pounds and the pants that I was wearing to start with still had no problem staying up--I think I had to get to 45 before it took a belt to make sure they stayed up.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:40 PM   #354  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbrochu View Post
What I meant by restricted protein foods is the bars, muffins,pancakes etc. I have them written as restricted foods on my list till 100% of my weight is lost.
My couch does not follow the 80-90% weight loss then moving to phase.
I wish that I was allowed some of those, as maybe I would feel like I am on less of a diet. LOL!!
I did try some of those at the beginning, but then I came up with my own recipes for pancakes and chocolate cake with about 3 net carbs and 20 grams of protein using whey protein and Carbquik. It's almost like I'm not really dieting. So my only restricted items are the bars. I'm not sure I could have stayed on this diet without the allowed sweets. Your coach is pretty darned strict.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:53 PM   #355  
New To Ideal Protein

S/C/G: 230/211.8/165

Height: 5 ft 5

I am thinking that the couch does not have much experience as she is going thru the diet as well. Its only been in our town for a mth or so. But I think she is for sure quite strict. I will see how it goes!!!
Old 04-22-2010, 11:20 PM   #356  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
Hi there,
I've been reading this section for the last few days to help get me on track for IP. Today is my first day and was horrified by the peach mango drink! The leek soup is awesome and I just had a butterscotch pudding which I wish I could have a gallon of.

So my question is-what does everyone LOVE and what packets are not so enjoyable?

My coah lets me pull a few packets from each box so I have a variety but I'm nevous about wasting a precious packet to find I can't get it down!

Thanks so much everyone and I can't wait to wear my bikini again this summer!!
I hated the peach at the beginning too. It isn't so bad now that my tastes are changing.

Favorites for me in the beginning:
Eggs, chocolate drink, prepared vanilla drink, wild berry yogurt (as a drink), cappucino drink, vanilla pudding, jello, butterscotch pudding, pina colada drink, mushroom soup.

Favorites today (158 days in):
Eggs, prepared vanilla drink, pina colada drink, chocolate pudding, butterscotch pudding, strawberry pudding, vanilla pudding,jello (as a hot drink), blueberry pomegranate drink, crisp cereal, mushroom soup

I tend to do eggs every day. I use the cereal for a really busy day because of the added carbs. I alternate pina colada drink and blue pomegranate (3 or 4x/week) drinks at lunch. I use the vanilla drink 1 or 2 a week and always in coffee. I have the jello 3 to 4 times a week and the alternate days have a pudding. I have only had the strawberry once so far but YUMMMMMY! I so want it again! I keep mushroom soup handy for when I am cold. (I get cold much more easily these days.)
Old 04-22-2010, 11:21 PM   #357  

S/C/G: 235/235/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi all!! I'm an IP virgin, so I've got tons of reading to do. Got lots of questions, but I'll try to read the posts before asking again.

I gotta say though...I am having a REALLY REALLY rough time with the IP stuff. I have had a serious gag reflex on the Banana/Pineapple shake, I couldn't even finish the Strawberry pudding, and barely got through the Chicken soup. It's all just SO THICK with the directions on the packets. So I'm eating lots of lettuce and just being hungry, which is a disappointment because I was told I wouldn't be hungry on this.

I just started on Tuesday, so I've been doing this 3 days now. I live in a really small town with a crappy grocery store, but...it's not a huge deal, just because I'm very picky with the veggies. I can do cauliflower & broccoli but that's about the only veggie I've tried and liked. A lot of the veggies aren't even around in my grocery store, so wouldn't even know how to pick one out or cook it LOL

So anyway...I'm 37 years old, live in northwest Iowa and have been married for almost 15 years. We have a little girl who will be 9 in a few months, and I'm doing this to be able to shop in a regular clothing store, and hopefully not be so winded when my little girl wants to bike ride, play outside, etc.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:26 PM   #358  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
how much water does everyone drink? I've been drinking about 112 oz a day on average and I was just wondering if that was too much?
I drink between 4 and 6 liters a day. I feel awful on days I get 3 to 4 liters. I actually seem to dehydrate. I was just 4 to 5 and not it seems I feel best between 5 and 6. I also lose more on weeks I stay at the highest water intake.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:29 PM   #359  
Started IP 4/22/10

S/C/G: 242/219.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaVB View Post
Hi all!! I'm an IP virgin, so I've got tons of reading to do. Got lots of questions, but I'll try to read the posts before asking again.

I gotta say though...I am having a REALLY REALLY rough time with the IP stuff. I have had a serious gag reflex on the Banana/Pineapple shake, I couldn't even finish the Strawberry pudding, and barely got through the Chicken soup. It's all just SO THICK with the directions on the packets. So I'm eating lots of lettuce and just being hungry, which is a disappointment because I was told I wouldn't be hungry on this.

I just started on Tuesday, so I've been doing this 3 days now. I live in a really small town with a crappy grocery store, but...it's not a huge deal, just because I'm very picky with the veggies. I can do cauliflower & broccoli but that's about the only veggie I've tried and liked. A lot of the veggies aren't even around in my grocery store, so wouldn't even know how to pick one out or cook it LOL

So anyway...I'm 37 years old, live in northwest Iowa and have been married for almost 15 years. We have a little girl who will be 9 in a few months, and I'm doing this to be able to shop in a regular clothing store, and hopefully not be so winded when my little girl wants to bike ride, play outside, etc.
I'm 37 as well, and we are almost at the same starting weight. I just started the IP diet. Stick around this group and you are sure to pick up some tips to get you through it.

I wasn't very hungry today but I am finishing the day with a headache. I couldn't stomach the chicken soup but someone here made some great suggestions on how to tweak it, I'm going to try that. I drank the pink lemonade twice today, I liked it enough to get through it. I think the biggest thing for me is getting out of the mindset that this is some kind of punishment. I'm getting there...but right now I'm really only focused on getting through the first week which I've heard is the hardest.

Hang in there!
Old 04-22-2010, 11:43 PM   #360  

S/C/G: 235/235/175

Height: 5' 8"

I have been reading through the 2 recipe threads...is there a place with recipes on how to "doctor up" the IP packaged foods?
Closed Thread