Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 11:14 AM   #406  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
I just placed an order for the first time with them yesterday . Can you tell me any info on these products , cheesecake , custard pudding , tomatoe soup, strawberry smoothie, the carmel nut bar , and the chocolate cake . I dont want to mess up my progress but I keep hearing others using these and loosing . I just wanted some diffrent options .
Hi, CW, I'm so happy you're going to be seeing your hubby soon and that you have reached the 170's! I have eaten all of the items you have ordered except for the tomato soup. None of them has aspartame except the tomato soup. Sorry about that. If you are not sensitive to aspartame though, you might not have a problem with it. Just be aware of the carb amounts when figuring your menus and if an item has more than about 8 net carbs, count it as restricted.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:15 AM   #407  

S/C/G: 240/227/160

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJHA View Post
OK - I haven't really wanted to come onto the site to be a downer, but I am a bit frustrated right now. I am just about down 30 lbs (.3 lbs to go and I am half way)!! :-) My pants are getting baggy and starting not looking great. I went out last night to try on some smaller sizes, and couldn't get into them. I don't get it. The pants I am wearing now were never skin tight, but these ones I tried on had camel toes and everything!!! They were only 2 sizes down from what I have on now. I know we all lose weight differently, etc., but I was just getting so excited reading everyone's weight loses and new smaller size clothes purchases . . . oh well, got that off my chest!!

Welcome to all the newbies. Hang in there.

Congrats to everyone on their NSV and SV. Everyone is doing great.

Seems like we all need some encouragement right now and some willpower??!!
You know I did drop a dress size, but I think that most people that battle weight issues (or those around me) it is in the hips and thighs. That is the hardest place to make it move! I am sure if I tried new jeans, I would have walked out crying! Baby steps, your success is great and you will get there.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:40 AM   #408  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Updated my avatar again. Also, you can see a full length picture of me if you look at my profile photos. I am in the middle wearing a white t-shirt. By point of reference, my eight year old (45 pound) niece is next to me and my sister is a size 6. These pictures are two weeks old.
You look GREAT!!!!

So nice to see!!!

WONDERFUL!
Old 04-23-2010, 11:41 AM   #409  
getting back on track

Quote:
Try either of these. Leave the cheese out if you feel it is a cheat.

http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/...aesar-dressing

Eggless Caesar Dressing
Copyright 2010 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. All rights reserved.

Ingredients (to make 1-1/2 cups)
4 small cloves garlic
½ teaspoon coarse salt
12 anchovy fillets
1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (approx. 2-3 lemons)
2 tablespoons drained capers rinsed
1-1/2 teaspoons dried mustard
½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese (omit if you are on a strict IP protocol, could be used in later phases)

Directions
1. Mash garlic and salt using a large mortar and pestle. Add anchovies, zest, capers, mustard, and pepper; mash to form a paste. Stir in lemon juice. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, working pestle until emulsified; work in cheese. (Or, puree all ingredients except oil and cheese in a blender. Add oil in a slow steady stream, blending until emulsified. Transfer to a bowl; stir in cheese.) Dressing can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 3 days. Serve at room temperature.

OR

http://planetgreen.discovery.com/foo...sar-salad.html

Emeril Lagasse's Eggless Caesar Salad

Ingredients:
2 lemons, juiced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (annie's organic dijon is sugar free and wine free)
1 tablespoon anchovy paste
Salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 head romaine lettuce, washed and dried, torn into bite-size pieces (about 10 cups)
1 cup croutons
1/2 cup grated Parmesan ( omit if on strict IP, Phase 1, can be used in later phases or for family/guests)
Method:
In a mixing bowl combine the lemon juice, garlic, mustard, anchovy paste, salt, and pepper.
Whisk in the canola oil to blend.
To Serve:
In a large salad bowl, toss the lettuce with the dressing. Add the croutons and top with Parmesan.
I will so be trying those!!!!!

Thanks!
Old 04-23-2010, 11:43 AM   #410  

Quote:
I drink between 4 and 6 liters a day. I feel awful on days I get 3 to 4 liters. I actually seem to dehydrate. I was just 4 to 5 and not it seems I feel best between 5 and 6. I also lose more on weeks I stay at the highest water intake.
That's the way I feel. If I don't get at least 4 liters, I retain water. I also lose more when I drink more water.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:44 AM   #411  
getting back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hear Ye, Hear Ye:

let it be known though out the land.....

as of this morning this fat kid is no longer in the 220's.

You may now resume your day.
Wooooo Hooooo You Did It!!!!

OMG Congrats!!!!!
Old 04-23-2010, 11:47 AM   #412  
getting back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocola View Post
Why no cheese? Someone was asking me why we're not allowed to have cheese since it's no carb? I don't have an answer..and I do love cheese, and miss it a bit! Is it the high fat?

Also my boobs are totally shrinking. A little was ok, but as I continue the diet I still want a little boobage, ya know? Maybe when I reintroduce carbs?
Correct your friends, there are carbs in cheese... not as much as Fat perhaps but it is made with milk so it has carbs, also depends on the cheese too.

IP also controls your fat intake (i.e.cheese) because it wants you to use the already stored fat off
Old 04-23-2010, 11:49 AM   #413  
getting back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
What a great day already ! I weighed in at 178 lbs this morning ! I finally made it to the 170's . I can't beleive it . Also today is my daughters 15th bday . Im so proud of her .She is so beautiful inside and out and has such a beautiful spirit and desire to be what God has called her to be . happy birthday sweet girl ! Have a great day everyone . I also just got word that my husband will be home May 5th ! I finally have a date ! Great day !
awesome Cinco de Mayo celebration! ;-)
Old 04-23-2010, 11:50 AM   #414  
getting back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by libbyshims View Post
The after, taken April 17, 2010. *** Just found out from my coach that I can move into Phase 2!!!*** Yay!
WOW (and I did just say that out loud by the way)

LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCE!!!! Amazing!

Congrats Congrats!!!!
Old 04-23-2010, 12:00 PM   #415  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Default Phase 2 Question

I didn't see my coach face to face today, we conversed through email. She sent me the phase 2 sheet, and it looks exactly like the phase 1 protocol except I substitute one packet for one meat? Can anyone confirm this?
Old 04-23-2010, 12:02 PM   #416  
Started IP 4/22/10

S/C/G: 242/219.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
The after, taken April 17, 2010. *** Just found out from my coach that I can move into Phase 2!!!*** Yay!
Sexy Sexy! You look great! What an inspiration you'll be to all us newbies!
Old 04-23-2010, 12:02 PM   #417  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyourbestinidaho View Post
I have had the cheesecake, the custard pudding with toffee chips and the strawberry smoothie. I liked all of them the strawberry smoothie made me real nervous, it tasted so good. I kept looking at the box because it tasted so good---I found it had 5 grams of sugar and I freaked out but then when I looked at the IP bars they had 5 grams also. I also have the chicken soup now it is different from IP but has less calories but same protein. I did not order the tomato soup because I did not want anything with aspartme in it. I know it has saved me money and I am still losing weight---let me know what you think when you get your order.
Thank you for the info . I think I will wait to eat the tomatoe soup like when I have made it to my goal . I dont wnat to mess anything up . I will definitly keep track of my carb intake . Itwill be nice to have a little more varaiety .Thank you .
Old 04-23-2010, 12:03 PM   #418  

Quote:
I didn't see my coach face to face today, we conversed through email. She sent me the phase 2 sheet, and it looks exactly like the phase 1 protocol except I substitute one packet for one meat? Can anyone confirm this?
That's the way my coach explained it - she said at lunch time instead of an IP packet and 2 cups of veggies, I would have a protein and 2 cups of veggies.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:04 PM   #419  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Hi, CW, I'm so happy you're going to be seeing your hubby soon and that you have reached the 170's! I have eaten all of the items you have ordered except for the tomato soup. None of them has aspartame except the tomato soup. Sorry about that. If you are not sensitive to aspartame though, you might not have a problem with it. Just be aware of the carb amounts when figuring your menus and if an item has more than about 8 net carbs, count it as restricted.
Thank you ! I am so excited to have him home even if its only for two weeks . Thanks for the info on the Lindora items . Im ready to trt some diffrent things !
Old 04-23-2010, 12:24 PM   #420  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
That's the way my coach explained it - she said at lunch time instead of an IP packet and 2 cups of veggies, I would have a protein and 2 cups of veggies.
Thanks, Jordanna-
I went on the other forum and found phase 2 on there, but it says we can have a dairy serving/day. I was super excited about this. Only, confirmed with my coach and she said Nope, not until P3.

Not to worry, I am excited about that extra protien! May just have to take my son for a lettuce wrapped turkey burger today!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!
Closed Thread