Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 12:50 PM   #151  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
My coach implied that the other drinks are not as filling and won't last your body as long as the wildberry yogurt. It has 14 g. of carbs in it, while the others have 3 or 4. Actually, that is so many carbs, it seems like it should be a restricted item, but it's not.
Hmm that's interesting. So far I haven't had a problem with that, which is good because I was never a big breakfast eater and a shake works well for me!!
Old 02-04-2010, 01:20 PM   #152  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
My coach implied that the other drinks are not as filling and won't last your body as long as the wildberry yogurt. It has 14 g. of carbs in it, while the others have 3 or 4. Actually, that is so many carbs, it seems like it should be a restricted item, but it's not.
Bev, your profile says your in Ohio..if that is true than you are getting the US version of IP products and I love the Wildberry Yogurt and have the box in front of me...There is ONLY 5 Carbohydrates and 1 Dietary Fiber. I have seen this confusion posted before. If you don't have the box ask your coach to see it next time..it clearly states the nutrition facts on the side.

The Wildberry is considered Bootcamp approved by my coach. I am only on bootcamp so I don't eat anything higher than 7 carbs.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:52 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

Showgirlaz....geez...your coach is really strict! I give those of you credit that eat no restricted....I was not able to do that. I do want to tell you, tho -- that I NEVER felt good on IP. Oh yeah....I look better...but I never felt healthier. This does not mean I am stopping IP -- I need to finish what I started. I think MY problem was not getting my "bowels to move." I would go 5-6 days and not have a movement. I hated the fact that those toxins were in my body. We tried everything....and the only thing that would work for me is to take a laxative the night before a weighin. I hated that. When I went to Ohio, I started eating sugarfree candy at night. Lo and behold...I started going every day. I gotta think it is the sugar alcohols (mind you, during the day, I would not ever eat sugar alcohols unless I was alone....too much gas!! lol!!) Anyways, I continued to eat some sugarfree candy at night once I started back on IP. Yup, it worked -- BUT now I have a weight gain...So back to the drawing board. Going strictly back on IP (or Lindora - whenever it arrives)...trying to add fiber tablets, etc.

TexasSweetie - I hear ya on being nervous to start IP. What I did was pick a date....it was 3 weeks - for my consultation. At the time, I knew I would have to give up orange juice, ice cream, chips, oatmeal, etc. So - while I researched IP, I started giving up those things to "see if I could do it." But I stuck by my date! All of us have been on numerous diets...all of us have sunk monies into diets only to gain the weight back - so no wonder we have fear....BUT - I do believe any diet will work if you work it. IP happens to be the diet that I lost the most weight the fastest. It was more fun to see 2# or 3# at a weighin rather than everyone clapping cuz I lost 1/4# on other diets. It IS strict...very strict...but it also works. I figure you have 2 ways to go -- either meet your deadline and THEN start OR start now cuz there probably is never a time without stress (thus not a "good" time). Only you can figure out what you think you can do.....but do start...I think you will be happy with the results.

SuperSweet - a good way to look at cheating. I NEED to remember that. I have already screwed up and extended the diet and extended the cost!! The diet prety much consumes my life, too. (What am I gonna eat next? Did I take the supplements? Should I make up some puddings? Where can I find a recipe for this stupid chicken??). I am going to try to add in some other things (sewing, beading--- or - yuk - cleaning)...just so I am not constantly thinking about it. I remember when I first started, I needed to stay VERY busy....but most of it was the diet. I need to get OFF the computer and not think about IP all the time.....
Old 02-04-2010, 01:56 PM   #154  
IP Start Date: 12/16/09

S/C/G: 145/124/120

Height: 5' 2"

Hey everyone! I've been REAL busy lately so, I'm behind in the posts and probably won't get a chance to catch up. While I'm IP'ing, I am also studying for a big test in April. My free time has been devoted to that, so it's been crazy!!! I'm sorry for not being more active, stay motivated!!!

I'm checking in with ya'll for my WI!

I lost 2lbs!! I had a hard time eating salads this week, and it showed. I have a raspberry dressing using the IP packet and I'll post after I finally make it tonight. Does anyone have the Good Seasoning's shaker? I just got one!

Back to work but had to pop in and say hi to my IP'ers.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:46 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 150/127/120

Height: 5' 3"

[QUOTE=showgirlaz;3134317]HELLO!

I am so hungry... not craving junk just more food in general, I would even eat and extra packet a day. He gave in to me having up to 3 extra packets a week IF I was having truly famished feelings. I got some extra sleep the past few nights and the emotions and general well being seem to be coming back.

What I noticed more in my first weeks was not just hunger, but the desire to eat. I realized then just how much time I had been spending eating and preparing to eat. On IP, we don't spend as much time eating, and it takes time to get used to this. Of course if I was truly hungry, I would eat an extra packet, and I found that I lost more weight in the weeks when I did this. (on the days I didn't have any restricted items I found I was hungrier and needed that 4th packet.) Getting regular sleep ALWAYS made it easier to stick to the diet the following day. It helps to remember that this is a process, and that we learn through all the ups and downs and come back with knowledge and lessons that will help us succeed!

I am so impressed with everyone's successes~
Old 02-04-2010, 02:50 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSweet View Post
Bev, your profile says your in Ohio..if that is true than you are getting the US version of IP products and I love the Wildberry Yogurt and have the box in front of me...There is ONLY 5 Carbohydrates and 1 Dietary Fiber. I have seen this confusion posted before. If you don't have the box ask your coach to see it next time..it clearly states the nutrition facts on the side.

The Wildberry is considered Bootcamp approved by my coach. I am only on bootcamp so I don't eat anything higher than 7 carbs.
Thanks for the information. I was going by the website information. I don't have a box. So I really don't understand why it would be any better than any of the other drinks. Maybe my coach doesn't know either. She's pretty new at this as well. Thanks again.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:32 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 212/192/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by alihal View Post
Ok so I can no longer eat the egg for breakfast, guess I had it too many times because now it just grosses me out. I got the cereal last night and I am trying to digest it as I am writing this, eww. I have to eat something for breakfast, I can't just drink a shake and I don't care for the bars too much. Anybody have any suggestions for the first meal of the day??
I use the ready made shakes for my breakfast and I love them. In fact, I was always a protein eater for breakfast and really resisted trying a drink and now that's all I have and I am never, repeat never hungry until it is time for lunch. Chocolate is my fav, but recently, I tried the pina colada and the yogurt drink for breakfast and both were really good.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:05 PM   #158  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilita175 View Post
Are you making radish fries or turnip fries? LOL . I think you meant turnip fries.

This length of the turnip fries depend on the size of the turnips. I found some huge ones and so my fries were about 1 inch long. So sweet and satisfying.
I meant to say turnip fries...I need to find some big one's at the store
Old 02-04-2010, 04:53 PM   #159  
IP start 1/11/2010

S/C/G: 226.6/176/140

Height: 5' 2"

Torchlaker-
I understand what you mean about this diet consuming your life. However, food has always consumed my life and at least with this I'm losing rather than gaining! I was feeling very frustrated with the diet and just life in general last week. I decided on Monday that I was going to start back exercising, even though I'm only 3 weeks in. It has made such a difference! I just feel better all over!!! It also hasn't negatively affected my losses which is an added bonus!

Just stick with it and it will eventually pay off! And when you want junk food, tell yourself what my aunt always tells me, Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
Old 02-04-2010, 06:17 PM   #160  
Started IP 1/8/10

S/C/G: 192.5/166/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I had the wildberry yogurt drink a couple of times for breakfast. I used to drink a lot of protein shakes for breakfast. Anyway, I really enjoyed it, and my coach said it was OK to use it for breakfast, but not the other drinks.
That's interesting. Like others have said, I can't think of ANY reason why the other drinks would be off limits. I've had both pre-made shakes, the cappucino drink, chocolate pudding as a drink, chocolate drink, and wildberry yogurt in the morning. The drinks have always been satisfying, and I have 5, sometimes 6 hours between breakfast and lunch.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:17 PM   #161  

Since we've been talking about the drinks for breakfast, I've mentioned this before but if you add 10 - 12 oz of water to the puddings they become drinks that are not only really low carb, but filling because you get double the amount. My favorite is the vanilla with a scoop of instant decaf coffee in it. I drink those pretty much every morning and am also never never hungry until lunchtime, so I think they are a very suitable breakfast
Old 02-04-2010, 06:52 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 191.2/156.6/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi I'm new here to 3FC and was just reading through to find more info on IP. It sounds like so many of you love it! It's encouraging to hear. So basically from what I've researched already I can start by going to a doctor or through the weight control centers. Is that about it? Thanks for your guidance in getting me started.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:00 PM   #163  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSweet View Post
Hi Carla,

Yes, I read the same thing you are talking about but my coach has spoken with Dr. Tran and was told by him personally that Sugar subtitutes don't really change the result of the diet. Zero calorie,zero sugar!

His greatest concern is how safe are sugar subtitutes at all.... in fact the orig. ideal protein packs were not made with sucralose..it was only switched to that to appease the FDA. The doctor also stated that much is not known as to the long term effect of all the sugar substitutes and using them at a minimum is best.

The doctor even said that Sugar free gums can be allowed at a minimum too. His concern is that people will abuse the "at a minimum". The key is LESS IS MORE!

As to the sugar alcohols.. these do react differently in everybody. Some of us may have no spike in blood sugar and than some of us may...only experimentation will answer how each of us responds. I would avoid what you are not sure of.

I still have a lot of weight to lose(70#) so I have not even had a restricted item...I do not know what is in them...maybe someone else can answer that.

As for the labeling on products I also read what you posted to be true. I always count anything that says >1 as a full carb. To me less than one means one.
Thanks Super Sweet!

I was wondering about that! I know I dont like sucralose at all. It is having alot of issues and even a portion of the US Medical community has requested the FDA revisit the safety of the product. It seems that, and I can't prove it, but some people seem the chemical model of the sucralose molecule as being more similar to DDT than to a sugar molecule. I am doing some additional study but I DO KNOW THAT CAN"T YET BE SUPPORTED AS A TRUTH but it is causing some concerns. I also know that there were far fewer tests on sucralose than other sweeteners and that a very very small number were done on women and children. I truly wish the product was made with something else but as one DR who reviewed the IP products said " when it comes to medicine to heal the body often times were are forced to choose what is the best of two bads. We give warfarin, a poison, to those who are at risks of blood clots and sucralose is no where near the risks of that drug. If sucralose helps people improve their overall health risks that it may be worth its use in the short term." Like it or not, I am agreeing with that viewpoint. ON THE OTHER HAND, I am choosing the products that show the lowest grams of sucralose and asulphame K just so I can control how much artificial I am getting.

Like you I have 70# plus to still loose. I did go on the IP website.. maybe it was ideal to go.com?? , anyway, I checked on there to learned what the restricted are and have. It was informative and I can see why my coach would want me to steer clear. There are many ingredients, starches and sugars, that could cause me to have cravings and upset the healing of the pancreas should I take them before my body is ready so, I am just being patient.

I am so glad to hear your coach and mine are using the same approach. It is nice to know my coach isn't the only "hard-driving" one! It is probably because the have the same business development guy but, I am just guessing. I know they all go through one person out here in AZ to get the clinic approval and training; he's a really nice guy who did the program himself and thinks that it is just better to do it, do it right, and get over it. He doesn't want anyone wasting money buy cheats and cravings.

Carla
Old 02-04-2010, 07:07 PM   #164  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by committed1 View Post
Good to see you back.

What did you coach mean by not forcing you to do it? Where you asking for more food/varieties? Its sounds like you have been spot on for so many weeks...1 week of funk is nothing. Was he upset with you about something else or just your general "I am not feeling well and don't know why"?

Do you keep a diary? How about track the number of hours of sleep and your moods. I wonder what this will show (I don't keep one, but if you do, report your findings! )

AND:

uh oh....are you saying that the sugar free syrups from my fav coffee place may not be that great? I have enjoyed that 3 times this week. Black coffee, usually half caf, and sugar free syrups (splenda).
Hey Committed1!

No, I wasn't asking for more, I think my coach was thinking I was wanting to give up or get excuses to go off the strict protocol. He wasn't so much upset as frustrated or distressed that I was so upset and he couldn't see why given I have been doing well and have stayed on plan. Like I told him... I couldn't explain it.. Just felt awful. I have waded through the past 14 miserable days and actually, yesterday, and today, I am feeling quite a bit better. Hopefully the trend continues!

I do keep a journal where I track food, supplements, activity, sleep and mood. I think it was somewhat helpful when I looked back on it. It doesn't explain all but I did notice that I have wanted more sleep the past 3 days and, although it is normal for me to get 8hrs, I gave it and have had 10 to 11 hours and I am feeling a bit better. (maybe it is like getting over being sick?? your body heals more when you sleep? )

ABOUT THE SUGAR FREE SYRUP! NO, I wasn't saying it will effect you, I was saying double check and watch your portions. I wasn't and I think I was increasing my carb intake without realizing it. I didn't see that it wasn't totally carb free and I was using more than the normal serving. OOPS! NOt a problem because it was sugar free but it may have effected my loss because of the carb increase.

Talk to you all later!
Carla
Old 02-04-2010, 08:24 PM   #165  

I'm glad you're back Carla - we missed you and all your insight and information!!
Closed Thread