Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 09:35 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

Swilk - thanks so much for understanding.....I really hate to post things like that on the forum, but I was just so darn frustrated today.

I, too, ordered from Lindora. I told my nurse today. Since I started in September...I only did IP products...but I had only planned on being on the IP plan for 3-4 months, and had set that money aside. Due to my cheating, not drinking enough water, etc., I didn't make that goal by Nov.30th....and have no extra money. I cannot imagine what it would be like to have two people on the same plan....Had to laugh, tho. I figured I was spending less money on IP than I was at the grocery store...never did sit down and figure it out.

I never drank the shakes....I heard the EAS shakes are good, too. I saw them at WalMart. I really don't LIKE drinks (not even milkshakes).

Jordanna - NOW I have to find turkey pepperoni, huh? In my small town, it would be hard enough to find regular pepperoni...but I need something in my hands at night.

Fluffymama - that is a GREAT first week weigh in....most of us would have loved to have that! I think I lost 4.5# my first week. Want2Run - you are doing awesome.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:52 PM   #77  

Sorry Torchlaker didn't mean to temp you...I live in a small town too, thankfully it's my saving grace that nothing is open after 9pm because that's when I seem to crave things the most.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:38 PM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
Well....I did it...I GAINED 4#! I am almost in tears as I write this. We changed my goal weight...and I am on Phase II AGAIN. I guess I still use food when I am stressed...and I have really been stressed....but that is no excuse.

BlueMermaid....I started losing slower the closer I got to goal...but it could be that I was cheating....(ya' think??)

I did not go to the weighin in my underwear (Echobaby!!)....I had actually eaten a bar just before I went in. I explained the financial hardship right now....told nurse about the Lindora site (she is gonna check it out) and still bought some IP products (the bars fill me up more than any bar I have tried). She suggested soynuts or almonds if I HAD to have something at night. Wish I could afford the chocolate soypuffs....I really like those.

AND...I bought a scale. The ketostix should come this week. I have GOT to do this and find some other way to deal with the stresses in my life right now...
Torchlaker, you have been through some pretty rough times from what I can recall from earlier posts. You are a very strong woman and only have 9 lbs to reach your goal. That 4 lbs you gained will probably come off as soon as you enter ketosis, it is probably just water due to the extra carbs you may have been ingesting. The 34 lbs you have lost is almost 4 times the amount of weight you have left. I have a great deal of faith that you can accomplish this last 9 lbs. Hang in there!
Old 02-02-2010, 11:19 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 250/233/150

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Oh ya - my coach gave us a sample of the pre-made chocolate pudding to try. It has 6 carbs in it instead of 3 but for a busy day it might come in handy! I haven't heard anyone mention the pre-made puddings before...has anyone ever tried them?
I did try the chocolat and also vanilla. It is quite good and handy.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:28 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
Well....I did it...I GAINED 4#! I am almost in tears as I write this. We changed my goal weight...and I am on Phase II AGAIN. I guess I still use food when I am stressed...and I have really been stressed....but that is no excuse.

BlueMermaid....I started losing slower the closer I got to goal...but it could be that I was cheating....(ya' think??)

I did not go to the weighin in my underwear (Echobaby!!)....I had actually eaten a bar just before I went in. I explained the financial hardship right now....told nurse about the Lindora site (she is gonna check it out) and still bought some IP products (the bars fill me up more than any bar I have tried). She suggested soynuts or almonds if I HAD to have something at night. Wish I could afford the chocolate soypuffs....I really like those.

AND...I bought a scale. The ketostix should come this week. I have GOT to do this and find some other way to deal with the stresses in my life right now...
Wow, you are so close to your goal! Be strong you can do it!!!
Old 02-02-2010, 11:38 PM   #81  

I lost 6 pounds in my first 5 days so I am quite happy with the result so far.

My coach doesn't agree about me taking some soy cheese so i'm going to have to wait on that one. I guess the program is different in the Us because I can take as many *restricted IP food as I want as long as I keep loosing a good amount every week. I will keep drinking 1 diet soft drink every day since it doesn't seem to affect my diet.

Keep going everyone, one day at a time we can do it!
Old 02-03-2010, 07:07 AM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
The IP omega 3s were great. When I ran out, I got the Trader Joe's brand, and I belch fish all day. Anybody know of a nonfishy brand?
I use the Carlson Super Omega 3 Gems, 1000mg. I don't usually have the fish after affect, once in awhile if I overeat and take them. Look around on the internet because you can find some decent deals on them. Iherb.com is one place I have gotten them from.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:14 AM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
Hi everyone! I'm new to I.P. Today is day nine for me. I had my first weigh in yesterday and lost 7.1 lbs. I was kindof discouraged by that, but then I thought about how heavy a 5lb. bag of sugar was and realized, hey, I lost that plus 2.1 lbs.! So, I'm out of my funk. I also lost a few inches here and there. I have read through all of the Dec/Jan posts and I can say that last week I was really having a hard time being "down", and I am normally a very upbeat happy go lucky girl. I am newly married, have three kids, two dogs, and am lucky enough to be a stay at home mom/wife. So when I was feeling down and depressed it really bothered me. I guess more than anything I was very emotional last week. I wanted to eat dessert so bad, and a fountain diet coke from McDonalds, after all, they are only $1! But, I didn't cheat and then had my weigh in Monday. I think that this is do-able for all of us, I appreciate the support that this board offers and have gotton a lot of great ideas!
Welcome aboard. 7.1 lbs is terrific for your first week. You will do great! You should start to get your happy go lucky back now that you are through the first week. I was really tired the first week.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:24 AM   #84  

I had my week 3 weigh in. I was hoping for 5 lbs. I lost 4.6. I am still pleased though since when I began I was counting on 3 lbs a week. It will be tougher for me this week since we are taking a mini vacation and will be eating out. I hope my willpower holds steady.

Last edited by BlueMermaid; 02-03-2010 at 07:24 AM.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:27 AM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brijou5 View Post
I lost 6 pounds in my first 5 days so I am quite happy with the result so far.

My coach doesn't agree about me taking some soy cheese so i'm going to have to wait on that one. I guess the program is different in the Us because I can take as many *restricted IP food as I want as long as I keep loosing a good amount every week. I will keep drinking 1 diet soft drink every day since it doesn't seem to affect my diet.

Keep going everyone, one day at a time we can do it!
Great job! 6lbs in 5 days is terrific. Keep it up!
Old 02-03-2010, 09:16 AM   #86  

Well Done Brijou & BlueMermaid, fantastic Losses this week!!!
Old 02-03-2010, 10:12 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Brijou - I was told I could 4-5 packets a day when I first started IP....I have always had at least one restricted a day, and I also drink 8oz. of diet pop a day (boy, do I look forward to that!). Isn't it funny, tho - how different drs/coaches etc. have different criteria?

BlueMermaid - I am "supposed" to be taking a prescription Omega3....they were SO huge that I didn't stay on them.....I just went to look for them to tell you the name of them...and I can't find them. I am going to start taking them (when I find them) because NOW I realize they aren't any bigger than those stupid calcium-magnesium pills we take....and thanks for putting the "pounds" I have left vs. the amount I lost in perspective. I did work hard for those pounds.....today I have a better resolve (after a BIG long talk with myself last night!!). We will see how it goes.

You guys are all doing so wonderful. Just wondering here.....last month at this time, there were LOTS of newbies on this forum.....I recognize all of your names now...where did the others go? Do you think they are still reading?
Old 02-03-2010, 10:32 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

BlueMermaid, thanks for the www.iherb.com info. Prices aren't quite as good as Puritan's, but man the selection for organic and whole food vitamins is superb.

Ladies, found vitamins close to what IPs is.

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Calci...tgels/461?at=0

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Potas...227-g/777?at=0

http://www.iherb.com/Two-Per-Day-Tab...abs/22237?at=0
Old 02-03-2010, 10:42 AM   #89  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

thanks for the warm welcome! I just have to say that my husband and kids went through McDonalds drive through last night and came home and ate right infront of me! I however, baked my fish and radish fries and a big salad. I was pretty proud of myself! My little boy asked if I wanted a fry. I about died!!! Of course I WANT one, but I said, "no buddy, I cant have that". Yay me!! BTW am I doing something wrong, or are the radish fries only about 1/2 inch long when you cut them up? Is there any way to cut them differently to make them longer like a regular french fry??
Old 02-03-2010, 11:20 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
thanks for the warm welcome! I just have to say that my husband and kids went through McDonalds drive through last night and came home and ate right infront of me! I however, baked my fish and radish fries and a big salad. I was pretty proud of myself! My little boy asked if I wanted a fry. I about died!!! Of course I WANT one, but I said, "no buddy, I cant have that". Yay me!! BTW am I doing something wrong, or are the radish fries only about 1/2 inch long when you cut them up? Is there any way to cut them differently to make them longer like a regular french fry??
Congratulations fluffymama on your will-power...and with FF yet!! Do you mean turnip fries?
Closed Thread