Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 03:35 AM   #241  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedup View Post
Anyone know the easiest way to find a provider in the Seattle area?
Sent you a PM, I live in the area.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:12 AM   #242  

S/C/G: 282/171.8/165

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwe74 View Post
At least it's still a loss. How many more lbs. do you have to go?
17 lbs. And you're right... still a loss... I'm expecting a blow out next week though. I've been working harrrdddd!
It's so great to see all the new folks and get all of these new ideas!! Thanks to everyone for posting!!
Old 10-04-2009, 12:18 PM   #243  

In response to the comments about exercise on this program. The reason for not exercising for the first thirty days is due to the fact that exercise increases your hunger. Yes exercise is a good thing but if you have been struggling with food cravings or your body keeps asking for more food then you should hold off until you are in your second month on the program. Exercise will be more enjoyable after shedding your extra unwanted pounds. As your body changes so will your desire to exercise. Just follow the program until U reach your goal. Best wishes to all.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:32 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 194.5/175.5/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygene View Post
In response to the comments about exercise on this program. The reason for not exercising for the first thirty days is due to the fact that exercise increases your hunger. Yes exercise is a good thing but if you have been struggling with food cravings or your body keeps asking for more food then you should hold off until you are in your second month on the program. Exercise will be more enjoyable after shedding your extra unwanted pounds. As your body changes so will your desire to exercise. Just follow the program until U reach your goal. Best wishes to all.
That makes sense although I hadn't heard the 30 day part. Thanks for responding....I certainly don't want to make things any more difficult than they need to be right now!
Old 10-04-2009, 01:03 PM   #245  

Babygene, that certainly is true about getting hungrier when you work out, I've experienced that myself! I never read about that in our manual though, must have missed that part.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:02 PM   #246  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epona View Post
Babygene, that certainly is true about getting hungrier when you work out, I've experienced that myself! I never read about that in our manual though, must have missed that part.
I honestly didn't exercise at all until about 4 months into the program.. I just didn't feel up to it. I kind of wish I had done it sooner but can't go back now! This probably sounds insane but I had to get used to the idea of exercise... sure I know I needed to but I felt like I was doing enough by following the program. Now it's just not enough...
I find that when I have a hard workout, I do get hungry but I'm not craving crap. It's more of a mindset that I need to fuel my body and not just feed it.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:49 PM   #247  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie00 View Post
17 lbs. And you're right... still a loss... I'm expecting a blow out next week though. I've been working harrrdddd!
It's so great to see all the new folks and get all of these new ideas!! Thanks to everyone for posting!!
Good Luck this week Valkyrie. You are such an inspiration to me. I've been doing this over 3 months now and sometimes I get really bored and want to quit. Then I think of you and all you have accomplished and it keeps me going. Thank You.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:44 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

Valkyrie...I agree with alwe74....you are a big inspiration to me, too. In fact, I always keep track of when you are weighing in.....so, correct me if I am wrong....don't you usually weigh in every 2 weeks instead of l? Here, I thought I had to wait two weeks for another update.

I am glad you said that doing the program was hard enough...because that is where I am at. They are gonna be disappointed that I didn't get in a mile every day or even every other day. Geez, I didn't get a mile in all week. The diet -- working the diet -- is overwhelming enough for me as it is. I keep thinking it IS going to get easier (like WHEN will I remember how much liquid goes into each packet...instead of running to look it up everytime....or geez, I didn't have time to cut up veggies before I run out the door). It is just all-consuming for me right now.

On the bright side....I find myself looking at clothes again. I haven't had any interest in sewing/creating clothes since my husband died. No matter what I sewed, or bought.....I was still heavy. This weekend I pulled out my stash..started designing things in my head...pulled out patterns...bought some new patterns. My creative juices had seemed like they died when Eddie died...but now that I am losing the weight (another 9# and I will be lower than I have been in 15 years), I am thinking "Yeah, I should be able to wear that now or soon". I am kinda a "wild child" up here where everyone dresses quite conservatively. I like animal prints....glittery fabrics...rhinestones...lots of gold. I had quit dressing that way a) because of my size, and b)no one else dresses like that up here in the boonies. My point....losing even 11-1/2# makes me kinda excited for the future...something I NEVER thought I would say...
Old 10-04-2009, 09:49 PM   #249  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

GoddessTT.....haven't heard from you in awhile. Just went to check your blog but didn't know how to post a comment. So sorry you haven't been feeling well. I was sick 2 days during the past month, and I couldn't get the food in either. Just try to get better....you know you are still losing.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:47 AM   #250  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

Good Morning everyone!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Heres to start of week 3 for me....I am finding things a bit easier, but am curious for my weighin tomorrow nite. I feel i have gone over the 2 cups of veggies at dinner time a few times this week, and am going to monitor how that works for me. I was told by my coach that they want us to have at least 2 cups of veggies, but that if you go over, that is ok. I hope that info is accurate. Either way i guess i will know at the weighin... Have a great week!
Old 10-05-2009, 11:21 AM   #251  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwe74 View Post
Good Luck this week Valkyrie. You are such an inspiration to me. I've been doing this over 3 months now and sometimes I get really bored and want to quit. Then I think of you and all you have accomplished and it keeps me going. Thank You.
Thanks alot... I appreciate that. You guys keep me going too! I get frustrated at times and know this is going to be a battle for the rest of my life and I feel like we are all on the same team.
Hang in there
Old 10-05-2009, 11:25 AM   #252  

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
Valkyrie...I agree with alwe74....you are a big inspiration to me, too. In fact, I always keep track of when you are weighing in.....so, correct me if I am wrong....don't you usually weigh in every 2 weeks instead of l? Here, I thought I had to wait two weeks for another update.

I am glad you said that doing the program was hard enough...because that is where I am at. They are gonna be disappointed that I didn't get in a mile every day or even every other day. Geez, I didn't get a mile in all week. The diet -- working the diet -- is overwhelming enough for me as it is. I keep thinking it IS going to get easier (like WHEN will I remember how much liquid goes into each packet...instead of running to look it up everytime....or geez, I didn't have time to cut up veggies before I run out the door). It is just all-consuming for me right now.

On the bright side....I find myself looking at clothes again. I haven't had any interest in sewing/creating clothes since my husband died. No matter what I sewed, or bought.....I was still heavy. This weekend I pulled out my stash..started designing things in my head...pulled out patterns...bought some new patterns. My creative juices had seemed like they died when Eddie died...but now that I am losing the weight (another 9# and I will be lower than I have been in 15 years), I am thinking "Yeah, I should be able to wear that now or soon". I am kinda a "wild child" up here where everyone dresses quite conservatively. I like animal prints....glittery fabrics...rhinestones...lots of gold. I had quit dressing that way a) because of my size, and b)no one else dresses like that up here in the boonies. My point....losing even 11-1/2# makes me kinda excited for the future...something I NEVER thought I would say...
Normally I do go weigh every two weeks but it really depends on when I'm home. I'm usually on the road every other week but my trip was cut short last week and I'm home for the next two weeks, then gone for 5. I've arranged my flights where I can get home early a couple of those weeks.. just have to fit it in when I can!
I'm so jealous that you can sew! One of my best friends makes the most beautiful things and I am just in awe of that talent! My mom got all of the flashy genes.. I'm more of a simple, classic style... her motto is 'the gaudier, the better!'.. lol She loves all of the things you mentioned!
Make yourself something beautiful and post it!! You deserve it!
Old 10-05-2009, 11:35 AM   #253  

Just started IP this morning. I'm really excited and have about 40 pounds to lose. The omlette this morning was great. We'll see what the rest of the day brings. This forum will keep me motivated!
Old 10-05-2009, 12:02 PM   #254  
mjv

S/C/G: 270-230-150

Well I have to report that I relapsed over the week-end (sorry Sunkissed) I was sick, on antibiotic, pain meds, and cranberry juice (per my Dr). Just didn't feel like eating. So Friday I only had two of my packets and no dinner, Saturday I couldn't eat due to pain meds, but my son did fix my some chicken noodle soup.
I didn't lose any thing this week. I was doing so well too. I feel really bad for cheating. So I’m going to get back on track this week. I know I set myself back at least 4-5 days, so I’ll have to get to work this week.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:32 PM   #255  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! I just wanted to post a quick note and introduce myself. I am married with 2 teenage sons, and I live in beautiful Northern CA in the Sierra Nevada foothills, about an hour and a half northeast of Sacramento. I am just 4 days into the Ideal Protein diet and hope that the worst is over. What a rough 4 days! I feel better this morning, with a little bit more energy and not as much of a craving for food. Is this where I am supposed to be burning fat?

I am in this for the long haul. I have 100 lbs to lose. I have always been chunky, but really started packing on the lbs when I had a complete hysterectomy a few years ago. In just four years I gained over 50 lbs.!

I am a professional photographer and aside from the obvious benefits of being healthier, stronger, and able to move easier, I think being thinner will help me be able to market myself and get more business. I mean, really, who wants to have their picture taken by a fat lady?!!

Nice to read all your comments here in the past few days. This seems like a really friendly group!

WW~
Closed Thread