Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 03:54 PM   #91  

I just thought I would post my success!

Weeks on IP: 1 (Today was offically 1 week)
Lbs lost: 19 (aunt red visiting too)
Chest: down 1/4"
Waist: no change
Hip: down 1 1/4"
Arm: up 2" (I think the muscle was flexed!)
Thigh: down 2"

WOOOHOOOO

Remember ymwv (your mileage will vary).

Follow my blog

TT
Seattle, WA
Old 09-18-2009, 04:03 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 282/171.8/165

Height: 5'4"

Wonderful!! It's so nice to 'meet' all of you guys!! I'm loving learning about you!
So I weighed today and only lost 1.2 #.. that's the least I've lost since I've been on this. The silver lining is that it put me at 100 lbs exactly! I pre-celebrated yesterday and bought myself some western boots... not that I need them... not that I'll wear them often but you know what, I've never been able to wear western boots... woo hoo! Plus I got into an XL shirt this week too... that's a first too!
I hope everyone has a great weekend! Y'all have me so excited I'll probably check in on Sunday night and catch up with the latest!
Old 09-18-2009, 07:31 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

ValKyrie.....how wonderful!! What an accomplishment to lose 100#!!! I am very proud of you...(me, smiling right now!!)

GoddessTT -- 19#?? Amazing....and you are right, I should NOT get on the scale everyday. I tried putting it in the garage, but I still went out to get it. Maybe the basement???

I DO have to say that even tho my scale shows no weight loss, I am feeling pretty good...better than I have felt in awhile. Doc says she has 2 women on IP who have IBS, and they have had good luck. I also have fibromlaygia, and really hoping that losing some weight might help with the aches. Like Lynn...I have aches and pains...I want to know how much is just due to aging, or is it my weight??
Old 09-19-2009, 04:37 PM   #94  

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
ValKyrie.....how wonderful!! What an accomplishment to lose 100#!!! I am very proud of you...(me, smiling right now!!)

GoddessTT -- 19#?? Amazing....and you are right, I should NOT get on the scale everyday. I tried putting it in the garage, but I still went out to get it. Maybe the basement???

I DO have to say that even tho my scale shows no weight loss, I am feeling pretty good...better than I have felt in awhile. Doc says she has 2 women on IP who have IBS, and they have had good luck. I also have fibromlaygia, and really hoping that losing some weight might help with the aches. Like Lynn...I have aches and pains...I want to know how much is just due to aging, or is it my weight??
Yes 19lbs. Mostly water weight I suspect.

You should put it in the basement and not step on it but 1 time a week. Is that the scale your dr. uses? You can only go by 1 scale, using multiples will show varying results.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:20 AM   #95  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

WOOHOO Valkyrie!!! Congratulations!!!
Old 09-20-2009, 05:07 PM   #96  

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie00 View Post
Wonderful!! It's so nice to 'meet' all of you guys!! I'm loving learning about you!
So I weighed today and only lost 1.2 #.. that's the least I've lost since I've been on this. The silver lining is that it put me at 100 lbs exactly! I pre-celebrated yesterday and bought myself some western boots... not that I need them... not that I'll wear them often but you know what, I've never been able to wear western boots... woo hoo! Plus I got into an XL shirt this week too... that's a first too!
I hope everyone has a great weekend! Y'all have me so excited I'll probably check in on Sunday night and catch up with the latest!
Awesome job! Keep up the good work!

I can't wait until I can fit in my jimmy choo shoes (I use to be a huge shoe whore LOL LOL). :-)
Old 09-20-2009, 08:20 PM   #97  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessTT View Post
I just thought I would post my success!

Weeks on IP: 1 (Today was offically 1 week)
Lbs lost: 19 (aunt red visiting too)
Chest: down 1/4"
Waist: no change
Hip: down 1 1/4"
Arm: up 2" (I think the muscle was flexed!)
Thigh: down 2"

WOOOHOOOO

Remember ymwv (your mileage will vary).

Follow my blog

TT
Seattle, WA
That is just incredible!!! You are doing so awesome!!! And I'm so with you on the shoe whore thing... I just bought some 'hooker' boots and can't wait til it cools off to wear them! lol
Keep blogging!
Old 09-20-2009, 08:25 PM   #98  

Quote:
Doc told me that I could use Colace (which is what I used all these years when I needed it). Sure didn't want to resort to a laxative last night, but was feeling really "poopy" -- lol!!

I will share.....I am a 62 yr old widow. My husband died in Iraq 1-1/2 years ago....so it has been very hard. I let my health and my weight (and many other things) go.....it was hard enough to get up every day. I am a retired police dispatcher (my husband was a retired fire chief)...I live in paradise....on a wild river (Rapid River) near beautiful Torch Lake MI. Torch Lake is considered the most beautiful lake in US by National Geographic magazine. (remember to remind me of paradise comment in January/February!!!).

Valkyrie....I was in your beautiful state of MS 3 months after hubby died. My dear friend lives in LA, and I went down to stay with her a month just to try to get my head together. She had to teach a class in Gulfport MS for a week...so I went along. I cried when I saw Gulfport yet was so impressed by the people there.
MS is a great place.. pretty diverse culturally and dang good food. I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's passing but am glad to hear that you're getting back on track. I love being up in that part of the world.. I had a project in northern MN a while back and just loved it.. snow and all. Of course, I didn't have to shovel driveways or really dust snow off of that car. I'd just go crank it (or start it in other words) and let it get really hot on the inside and let the snow melt. lol
Gulfport really did get hit hard.. it's funny how something like that can change you. I have a total hurricane readiness room dang near it and it now includes IP stuff... lol
Old 09-20-2009, 08:26 PM   #99  

Quote:
Valkyrie....you were wondering what Phase II entailed.....I just looked up the site that bamagirl suggested (trantiendiet.com)....and it has a very detailed explanation of all the phases. Phase II is not much different than phase I.

Thanks, bamagirl for that link. It certainly does have a lot of info on it.
Thanks to you both for this link... it's got lots of great information!
Old 09-20-2009, 08:31 PM   #100  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnNowell View Post
Hi all, as an introduction, I'm turning 49 Sunday, and that plus some aches and pains have motivated me to get into better shape. I've been going to the gym and am just starting week 2 on IP diet. I live in ARkansas, I'm an RN, working in a community setting. ( One thing I do is encourage healthy habits in my paitents, but finding a way to motivate anyone to change is difficult- including myself)
Valkarie, I'd love to hear about your job. I went to school in Jackson, graduated from UMC Nursing program in 85.
I'm married with one child, a married daughter.
Thanks all for being here for support.
Lynn
Hi Lynn... so nice to 'meet' you!
UMC is such a huge place but can imagine they have an awesome program since it's known to be such a great teaching hospital.
As far as my job, I basically go into long term care centers and assist with the transition from charting on paper to charting on computers of one type or another. I was a DON for 8 years in LA, did some stents in critical care and rehab and just got burned out. this has been a lifesaver. I always said my dream job was to travel and get paid for it... I had more of a samantha brown kind of job in mind but this is pretty good too How about yourself?
Old 09-20-2009, 08:33 PM   #101  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwe74 View Post
WOOHOO Valkyrie!!! Congratulations!!!
Thank you! How has your weekend been?
Old 09-20-2009, 08:42 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 194.5/175.5/135

Hi Everyone!

So glad I found this site - I could use some help from others in the same boat!

I tried signing up on the IdealToGo forums but the moderator hasn't gotten back to me to approve my registration. It's been about 5 days so I have no idea what will happen with that. It doesn't look like there is a whole lot of activity on that board right now - hopefully that will change.

A little about me..... I am 32 years old and with a 4yo son and a 7yo step-son. About 3 years ago my first husband and I separated (his choice) and I was so devastated that I dropped about 40lbs. Then I met/married my Mr. Wonderful and have since put that all back on

A friend of mine from work was laid off a year or so ago and in February of this year she started this program. She has lost about 70lbs so far and looks amazing!! She is so committed to this plan that she has become a Rep for IP. Because she has had such great success I decided to do IP as well. I just finished my first week.

It went okay, I guess. I'm down about 5lbs but I've had some setbacks this weekend. I somehow injured one of my ribs and am in a lot of pain so I'm on narcotics. I'm also fighting a cold or something so I'm not feeling 100% which makes it hard to stick with this program. I just want to make sure my body is healthy -- I don't want to prolong my illness or injury at all.

Finding this board has renewed my determination and commitment to this program! I can't wait to start fresh tomorrow! I'm anxious to try some of the recipies that have been mentioned in this thread. Last week I had the leek soup and I did not like it all. Yuk! I tried pouring it over steamed broccoli and just chugging it really fast - I just couldn't do it. I am looking forward to trying some new things this week. I have my next appt on Tuesday.

I'm so glad this thread exists It will definitely help me along.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:15 PM   #103  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Gink. This has been a really great thread so I'm glad you found us.

Well my weekend went OK. I was out a lot and so I had to improvise on some meals. I have been having some cravings. Usually when I have these it means I'm not getting enough sea salt. I'm gonna have to start watching that more carefully. Hope you all had a great weekend.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:35 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone:
My weekend was okay...very tired and lethargic tho (think it is because I can't "poop"). I was out everyday, and found it difficult at both restaurants to get something I could eat. I didn't cheat, but again, had a hard time getting in the veggies and water.

On my scale this morning, I showed a small gain. I finally took another laxative last night. My body always seems to shut down if I go on a new medication, or eat VERY differently.

Gink, I got an email from IdealtoGo a few weeks ago. Apparently, that site is for people that aren't going to a doctor or health professional. I wanted to buy some products that my dr. didn't have, and he said he could not do it unless my doctor told him that it was okay. I had mentioned the forums to him but he never said whether we could use them. I never asked my doctor about it.....and hey, welcome. I am just finishing my 2nd week. I weigh in tomorrow.

I did not like the leek soup either...am returning 5 packets for chicken soup. I had that this weekend with some added veggies and it tastes a whole lot better...(I really water my soups, drinks and oatmeal down....they are way too thick for me.

So nice to see so many on this board.....it should help all of us.

Valkyrie....I guess I think I love this area just because of its beauty. I lived in Cleveland with my husband over 30 years...and even tho we had an acre of land....my neighbors were right next door. Here, I have 3 acres and can't see either of my neighbors. I wasn't sure I was going to stay after my husband's death, but the beauty and peacefulness seem to be just what I need.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:31 PM   #105  

Smile Week 1

Today is Day 7 for me and I had my first weigh in this morning- down 7.5 lbs this week - Yay!!
Closed Thread