Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 03:44 PM   #256  
mjv

S/C/G: 270-230-150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winderwoman View Post
Hi everyone! I just wanted to post a quick note and introduce myself. I am married with 2 teenage sons, and I live in beautiful Northern CA in the Sierra Nevada foothills, about an hour and a half northeast of Sacramento. I am just 4 days into the Ideal Protein diet and hope that the worst is over. What a rough 4 days! I feel better this morning, with a little bit more energy and not as much of a craving for food. Is this where I am supposed to be burning fat?

I am in this for the long haul. I have 100 lbs to lose. I have always been chunky, but really started packing on the lbs when I had a complete hysterectomy a few years ago. In just four years I gained over 50 lbs.!

I am a professional photographer and aside from the obvious benefits of being healthier, stronger, and able to move easier, I think being thinner will help me be able to market myself and get more business. I mean, really, who wants to have their picture taken by a fat lady?!!

Nice to read all your comments here in the past few days. This seems like a really friendly group!

WW~
As my son says "Your not FAT your FLUFFY" gotta love kids:

Last edited by mjv; 10-05-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:52 PM   #257  

Ok.. I have fallen out of the habit of checking in here... so glad to see so many people posting. Great job everyone!! I am on week 6 and am down 40 pounds. It has been getting progressively harder for me not to cheat! Weekends kill me...
Old 10-05-2009, 04:14 PM   #258  

S/C/G: 312/305/190

Height: 5'11"

Hi all!!

I started 9/22, i did very well the first week but i cheated this weekend. i feel just awful and was going to quit, but then i read all of these wonderful posts again. i can do this...i want to do this...i am going to do this.

i have to weigh in tonight and i am so scared!!

can anyone tell me how to add the weight ticker thing at the bottom of my message???

wish me luck!!
Old 10-05-2009, 05:01 PM   #259  
mjv

S/C/G: 270-230-150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaaoooo View Post
Hi all!!

I started 9/22, i did very well the first week but i cheated this weekend. i feel just awful and was going to quit, but then i read all of these wonderful posts again. i can do this...i want to do this...i am going to do this.

i have to weigh in tonight and i am so scared!!

can anyone tell me how to add the weight ticker thing at the bottom of my message???

wish me luck!!
Granted city IL, i used to live in Alton Il not to far away but now in WY.. miss IL falls we have winter winter and alittle warm and winter
Old 10-05-2009, 06:25 PM   #260  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

I would also like to know how to add that weight ticket to my posts. Is it fairly complicated? I like the one that shows a happyface for every 5 pounds lost.....
Old 10-05-2009, 08:20 PM   #261  

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
GoddessTT.....haven't heard from you in awhile. Just went to check your blog but didn't know how to post a comment. So sorry you haven't been feeling well. I was sick 2 days during the past month, and I couldn't get the food in either. Just try to get better....you know you are still losing.
Thanks hun! I hope you are doing well! I am getting better though.

TT
Seattle, WA
follow my blog

Last edited by GoddessTT; 10-06-2009 at 01:05 AM.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:48 AM   #262  
back at it

Height: 5'6"

Red face IP in WY

To MJV: I noticed you live in WY, me too.
I've been doing IP for three weeks, down about 14 lbs. I'm way happy about the scale but my clothes feel the same. When do the inches start to drop??
Old 10-06-2009, 01:02 AM   #263  

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
Valkyrie...I agree with alwe74....you are a big inspiration to me, too. In fact, I always keep track of when you are weighing in.....so, correct me if I am wrong....don't you usually weigh in every 2 weeks instead of l? Here, I thought I had to wait two weeks for another update.

I am glad you said that doing the program was hard enough...because that is where I am at. They are gonna be disappointed that I didn't get in a mile every day or even every other day. Geez, I didn't get a mile in all week. The diet -- working the diet -- is overwhelming enough for me as it is. I keep thinking it IS going to get easier (like WHEN will I remember how much liquid goes into each packet...instead of running to look it up everytime....or geez, I didn't have time to cut up veggies before I run out the door). It is just all-consuming for me right now.

On the bright side....I find myself looking at clothes again. I haven't had any interest in sewing/creating clothes since my husband died. No matter what I sewed, or bought.....I was still heavy. This weekend I pulled out my stash..started designing things in my head...pulled out patterns...bought some new patterns. My creative juices had seemed like they died when Eddie died...but now that I am losing the weight (another 9# and I will be lower than I have been in 15 years), I am thinking "Yeah, I should be able to wear that now or soon". I am kinda a "wild child" up here where everyone dresses quite conservatively. I like animal prints....glittery fabrics...rhinestones...lots of gold. I had quit dressing that way a) because of my size, and b)no one else dresses like that up here in the boonies. My point....losing even 11-1/2# makes me kinda excited for the future...something I NEVER thought I would say...
Sounds like you are doing quite well! I think grief makes us think funny things. I am sure you beloved would want you to be happy. It seems that being creative with clothes makes it so. And who cares what others wear...it is about you looking fabulous they are all just jealous!

TT
Seattle, WA
follow my blog

Last edited by GoddessTT; 10-06-2009 at 01:05 AM.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:45 AM   #264  

Good Morning Everyone! I noticed everyone has introduced themselves, thought it was time for me. I am 38, been married for 20 years. I have a 18 year old son and a 6 year old daughter. I live in the boonies... aka Oklahoma. I have lost 41 pounds in the past six weeks on this plan and I love it. I have about another 100 pounds at least to lose. So I am in for the long haul.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:54 AM   #265  

wow.. I think I figured out the weight tracker thingy!!
Old 10-06-2009, 09:18 AM   #266  

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwe74 View Post
Anyone here doing the ideal protein diet? I've been doing it for 3 weeks now and I have lost about 15 lbs. I was hoping to find others doing the same plan.

I started yesterday!! I have gained 30 pounds while nursing my husband through cancer --he has NO appetite==so I eat his, mine and what's in the pot! I am trying to figure out the ins and outs--The huge amount of veggies is daunting-what veggies are you eating? You have been SOOO successul! Also, I ate my supper for lunch--is it ok to switch the meal like that-I made a huge lettuce salad with tuna.Had no other diet veggies in the house-ate a lettuce salad for supper with one tomato--will shop today for the other veggies on the list. I hate that tomatoes are a once a week veggie. Any input from you would be so helpful-15 pounds-wow!
Old 10-06-2009, 09:30 AM   #267  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie LA View Post
I started yesterday!! I have gained 30 pounds while nursing my husband through cancer --he has NO appetite==so I eat his, mine and what's in the pot! I am trying to figure out the ins and outs--The huge amount of veggies is daunting-what veggies are you eating? You have been SOOO successul! Also, I ate my supper for lunch--is it ok to switch the meal like that-I made a huge lettuce salad with tuna.Had no other diet veggies in the house-ate a lettuce salad for supper with one tomato--will shop today for the other veggies on the list. I hate that tomatoes are a once a week veggie. Any input from you would be so helpful-15 pounds-wow!
I eat zuchinni, cauliflower, brocolli, spinach, cabbage, sour kraut and cucumbers mostly. Sometimes, a few mushrooms sauteed in my stir fry. Just remember to mix it up and you wont get bored!!
Old 10-06-2009, 10:32 AM   #268  

Thanks, longhornfaninOK!!! Thanks for the input!! I love stir fry. I made the omelet this morning for breakfast and thought it was yummy! I only had one packet in my starter bag, though. I may run by the doc's office and exchange a couple of the restricted things for more eggs. I had tried WW but lost only 1 1/2 lbs. in 6 weeks!!! I did NOT cheat either--my friend has lost 60 on WW and I know she will think this diet is nuts--but, I saw my husband's oncogist melting away on this det and he said it was really easy--sooo! He's lost over 40 lbs.and still losing.
After I bring my hubby to his doctor's appt, I a mgoing veggie shopping!
I think that this forum is going to be the best thing to keep me focused. Thanks everybody!!!
Old 10-06-2009, 10:42 AM   #269  

Default how to measure veggies gor Ideal protein diet

I am new so I am not sure about the 2 cups--do I measure before I cook or after? Thanks
Old 10-06-2009, 10:42 AM   #270  

I love the omelet with a bit of lemon pepper... you can put your veggies in it too.. it can also be cooked in microwave... (not as good as stove, but it can be)... The chicken soup and chocolate drink are my faves... Heat the chocolate for hot cocoa or use the drink with lots of water for a shake.. I always add more water to everything... Good Luck!!!
Closed Thread