Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 10:14 PM   #391  
mjv

S/C/G: 270-230-150

Height: 5'5"

it was my son 16th b-day today we had cake and icecream and I didn't have one bit I was so happy that I was able to control it. and my daughter is coming home from college for about 4 days and is wanting all these dinners that i just don't cook any more but will have to fix for her I hope I can stay strong plus we'll have another bday cake on sat for him and his friends lord help me!!!!!!!! lol
Old 10-13-2009, 10:34 PM   #392  
started 10/11/09

S/C/G: 164/160/145

Height: 5'8"

Unhappy a couple new recipes

Just went to the IP office and picked up a few more recipes:

CRACKERS made from Plain Crepe Mix
Mix plain crepe mix with water so it is thick and spread on cookie sheet and add sea salt, garlic and other herbs you like on crackers. Bake 350 degrees until brown & crispy. options: garlic, pepper, dill, sesame seeds, dried bell pepper seasoning for steak.

Cole Slaw
Chop cabbage, green & red bell peppers, cucumbers & chives, poppy seeds. Add WF Honey Dijon dressing and 1 packet of Spenda to taste.
(MY QUESTION??? CAN WE HAVE CABBAGE?)

Hope everyone is having a good day - a few in the family have influenza and I pray i won't get it!
Old 10-13-2009, 11:25 PM   #393  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

hi everyone!'

was happy with my weigh in today. down 6.4lbs. i also started exercising at the new gym in town tonite. very light workout, mainly walking the track, and a bit on the bike. i felt good when it was done, was surprised to have the energy. so i think i will keep at it, but also keep it simple. i do find that i am hungrier tonite than i have been other nites. thinking the exercise has something to do with that....so i finished 3 weeks now, and happy to have lost 18 lbs. this diet is not easy, but for once the scale is keeping me motivated!

Old 10-14-2009, 02:03 AM   #394  
mjv

S/C/G: 270-230-150

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20bydec View Post

Mix plain crepe mix with water so it is thick and spread on cookie sheet and add sea salt, garlic and other herbs you like on crackers. Bake 350 degrees until brown & crispy. options: garlic, pepper, dill, sesame seeds, dried bell pepper seasoning for steak.

Cole Slaw
Chop cabbage, green & red bell peppers, cucumbers & chives, poppy seeds. Add WF Honey Dijon dressing and 1 packet of Spenda to taste.

Hope everyone is having a good day - a few in the family have influenza and I pray i won't get it!
That sounds really good gonna have to try it

Last edited by mjv; 10-14-2009 at 02:04 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:56 AM   #395  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

WOW, there's lots of posts here You ladies ROCK !!

May I please suggest opening up a new thread so I can close this one.
I think the bigger the thread the longer it takes to open (load) for some people.

Thanks Chickies,
Leenie

Last edited by Leenie; 10-14-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:09 AM   #396  
IP Fan

S/C/G: 156.5/127/126

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20bydec View Post

Cole Slaw

I've been told we can only have red cabbage and only cooked green peppers..not sure about red peppers, I know they are restricted.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:44 AM   #397  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Nikel- congrats on being pregnant! There is nothing like it! I DO remember losing a bunch of weight just before i got pregnant, and when I first got pregnant, I thought, "Oh geez...now I am gonna gain it all back." (I did...but wow..there was a baby in the end!!)

Toomanycats....I have really been hungry too...I mentioned it to my nurse. Of course, she says drink more water or some of the drinks or eat veggies. I thought I remembered Bob Greene saying on Oprah once, that those growling sounds means you are burning fat.....I don't know if I buy that or not. Those growling sounds are just water rolling around in my belly....but I like to think of those growling sounds as another "person" inside me, telling me "Look, I know you are hungry...but look, I am vacuuming up all the fat and vacuums make noise." lol

Bundukaa - I think you could probably get most of your info that your nutritionist didn't give you from reading old posts. I plan on going back and rereading, too. Some people seem to have received more info than others, but those "others" have sure been williing to share. We have 2 coaches on here, a chiropractor...a few gals that are halfway to goals...and of course, Valkyrie...who has lost 100#!! (my hero!). Heck, I have been on IP for 5 weeks, and I learn something new every day from reading these posts.

Alwe74 - should we start a new thread? What happens to the old thread cuz there is so much info on it...!! I don't even know how you started this forum in the first place (but so glad you did).

SandraB -- way to go!!

Gotta go outside in the rain and sort thru my rocks. gonna start teaching my painting classes again (I teach once a month at our senior center). Wish it was warmer outside....
Old 10-14-2009, 09:52 AM   #398  

S/C/G: 241/241/130

Wow, I spent last night and this morning reading through all 27 pages! Lots of great info and inspiration. Today is my first day on the plan. Does anyone remember the old Diet Divas plan from about 10 years ago? That's what this reminds me of, only stricter. I had good success while i was on that but ended up getting pregnant and never getting back on track. Now I'm almost 43 and have 111 lbs to lose.

I'm so glad to have found y'all, looking forward to sharing the journey with you. now, off for my first "on plan" breakfast!
Old 10-14-2009, 11:20 AM   #399  
IP Fan

S/C/G: 156.5/127/126

Here's a soup recipe our coach shared with us:

1/4 of an onion-diced
1 clove garlic crushed
1-2 stalks celery chopped
1/2 package sliced mushrooms
1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes (more or less to taste)- these are spicy
1-2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup beef boullion (can't spell that word)
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 big handfuls of spinach
1/2 medium tomato chopped
Juice of 1/2 of a lime
cilantro to taste (i love fresh cilantro)
shrimp or chicken (5 oz)

Start with the oil in your pan on the stove. Warm the oil over medium heat, throw in the garlic, onion, celery, mushrooms, and chili flakes. Squeeze in the lime juice. When the veggies are wilted, throw in your chicken or shrimp (I prefer shrimp). As soon as the meat is just about done, pour in the 8 oz beef boullion and soy sauce and simmer for a few minutes. Add your spinach, cilantro and tomatoes at the very end. Cook just another minute till spinach is wilted.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:30 AM   #400  

Hey Everybody! Everyone is doing so great! My weigh in was awesome, 5.4# on week 5 of the diet. I love this program. My Doctor (who is on IP for 2 months now) said that she would never perscribe Gastric bypass again.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:30 PM   #401  
Moderator & Happy Chick

WOW, there's lots of posts here You ladies ROCK !!

May I please suggest opening up a new thread so I can close this one.
I think the bigger the thread the longer it takes to open (load) for some people.

Thanks Chickies,
Leenie
Old 10-14-2009, 12:39 PM   #402  

S/C/G: 210/190.5/135 Start: 09/20/09

Would anyone be interested in participating in a Yahoo Group? It would be nice to be able to have different threads (like recipes!), and to post documents. If there's some interest, I can take a look at setting it up.

A question about vitamins. I've been ordering the official natura vitamins. Does anyone use regular vitamins and supplements rather than these "special" ones? What do you get?

I had the Butterscotch Pudding today with a little cinnamon and sweetener. Really surprised at how good that tastes!

I found a copycat recipe last week for PF Chang's Lettuce Wraps. I tweaked it and came up with an on-plan option. I was shocked at how much the "special sauce" tasted like the real thing!

Modified from a recipe at http://www.recipezaar.com/P-F-Changs...ce-Wraps-15865

Chicken Lettuce Wraps
25 min | 10 min prep
SERVES 2

• 2 tablespoons oil
• 12-14 oz of boneless skinless chicken breasts (will cook down to about 5 oz / person)
• 2 cups water chestnut
• 2 cups mushroom
• ½ cup chopped onions
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 4-6 leaves iceberg lettuce

Special Sauce
• 1/4 cup sweetener
• 1/2 cup water
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
• 2 tablespoons sugar free ketchup
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
• 1-2 teaspoon garlic chile sauce

Stir Fry Sauce
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1 tablespoons sweetener
• 1/2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar

1. Make the special sauce by dissolving the sweetener in water in a small bowl.
2. Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ketchup, lemon juice and sesame oil.
3. Mix well and refrigerate this sauce until you're ready to serve.
4. Eventually add your desired measurement of garlic chili sauce to the special sauce mixture to pour over the wraps.
5. Bring 1 tablespoon oil to high heat in a wok or large frying pan.
6. Saute chicken breasts for 4 to 5 minutes per side or done.
7. Remove chicken from the pan and cool.
8. Keep oil in the pan, keep hot.
9. As chicken cools mince water chestnuts and mushrooms to about the size of small peas.
10. Prepare the stir fry sauce by mixing the soy sauce, sweetener, and rice vinegar together in a small bowl.
11. When chicken is cool, chop it to the size of small peas.
12. With the pan still on high heat, add another Tbsp of vegetable oil.
13. Add chicken, garlic, onions, water chestnuts and mushrooms to the pan.
14. Add the stir fry sauce to the pan and saute the mixture for a couple minutes then serve it in the lettuce"cups".
15. Top with "Special Sauce".

Good luck to everyone today staying on plan!
Old 10-14-2009, 01:57 PM   #403  

S/C/G: 183/183/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default New

Hi Everyone,
Today is Day 1 for me on IP. I'm really feeling inspired reading all your posts. I look forward to the same success you have had.
Catsmommy
Old 10-14-2009, 03:00 PM   #404  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Kira,

You can have different threads for recipes here if you'd like. Start a new thread and let me know, I'll make it a sticky for you.

Leenie
Old 10-14-2009, 03:18 PM   #405  
Just Keep Swimming!

S/C/G: 215

Height: 5'8"

Unhappy Obese Wii Me

Hi,
I just read about IPD in my local newspaper today and plan to go to learn more about it at an upcoming meeting. I googled it and found you guys. Its so motivating reading everyones posts - I wish I found this forum years ago. I'm married with two kids 10 and 7. I'm 5'8" and weigh 213. I haven't checked my weight in a couple months because I knew it was going up. I just purchased the Wii Fit second game and started playing last weekend. I did my body test and it said I was obese. It kind of smacks you in the face to see your little wii mii on the screen with fat buldging out of its clothes. Then to hear my 7 year son say I'm a fat wii mii as we played last night. Thats always comforting?! Anyway I'm tired of cycling around diets since I was 14 years old. I think 14 is the youngest to join weight watchers. Now I'm 40 and still fat. Its no way to go through life. Help!
Closed Thread