Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 02:13 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 224/204.5/155

Height: 5'10"

I started w/the HCG program in August. Lost 17 pounds in 40 days. Cheated some, so I am ok w/this. Then started the IP diet on Sept 11. So far w/one weigh in (dr out of office and other things came up) only 2.5 # lost, BUT, my scales say another 4#. SOOOOO....I feel pretty good, but am having a hard time eating the same things all the time. My dr. doesn't keep all the IP packets on hand, because she says that she likes the ones she has the best. But I need more variety, so am looking for direction. I did find some recipes and will begin w/those tomorrow, AND my DH is doing it w/me. He just finished the HCG injections today and has lost 32# yea for him....Now maybe we can work better together.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:40 PM   #197  
mjv

S/C/G: 270-230-150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellena Handbasket View Post
WEEK THREE OFFICIAL WEIGH IN! TOTAL WEIGHT LOST: 20 #
Great job keep it up!!!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 02:53 PM   #198  
mjv

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkissed21 View Post
yum yum .... hey I put the vanilla premix in a bowl in the freezer for 30min then stir throw it in for another 30min and stir then once frozen it tastes just like homemade ice cream- oohohhohh yeah baby thats what i call good stuff!!
tried this last night it was great my son and I got to eat a bowl of ice cream together, I also put WG chocolate syrup and (WF) marshmallow on it, it was heaven on earth.... next time i'm going to put a little banana extract in it..
Old 09-30-2009, 05:14 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 282/171.8/165

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjv View Post
tried this last night it was great my son and I got to eat a bowl of ice cream together, I also put WG chocolate syrup and (WF) marshmallow on it, it was heaven on earth.... next time i'm going to put a little banana extract in it..
I might have to give this a try tonight
Old 09-30-2009, 05:45 PM   #200  
Love

S/C/G: 238/in progress :P/208

Height: 5-9

I just got in from my weight in !! and i lost 5 pounds !! that makes a big -25 total !!

I am really happy ! and really motivated to continue . I had a -40 goal , thinking of going down an other -10 to make it -50 total ...

I will decide soon .

Thanks to you all and continue the great work of support !!!
Old 09-30-2009, 08:40 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Wow...this forum is really going to town, huh??? I remember being scared before I went on IP that I wouldn't find a support group. I think this is the only one out there, isn't it?

SandraB....thank you so much for your condolences. It has been a rough nearly 2 years (New Years Eve). The stress has been awful, because I am involved in a legal battle over Eddie's death. I started working on the "mental" in May, and started IP Sept.9. I know I let myself go because I figured, "who is going to see me and appreciate my efforts?" I guess I finally decided ME! (and you all....). I am so sorry about your husband's accident..it has to be devastating.

Mrsbudr...we started IP about the same time. I remember a website...I think it was idealtogo.com. I emailed the gentleman and he said that if you can get your dr. to email him to say it is ok for you to order from him, he can sell IP to you. Try contacting him and see if you can get more variety. He also carries WF products, but I still think netrition.com is less expensive.

I have never tried the Vanilla premix (is that the one in the little bottles??)...but that ice cream sundae sure sounds good. Right now, I cut up a bar in the tinest pieces...and make it last all night for my dessert. My favorite bar is the vanilla/peanut one.

I think the IP packets are quite expensive, and wish I could afford more variety. We are lucky that we can take 7 of any IP product and have it count as a box. Is that what everyone does? I didn't know that at the beginning...and bought whole boxes. I plan on trading in the soy chips (yuk) and the 3 peach/mango ones I have left since I decided I like the pineapple/banana one for breakfast. I water down nearly everything cuz they are too thick for me (i.e., oatmeal, soups, drinks). Does anyone else do that??

Gink....glad you are sticking with it. You have different obstacles that I don't have, and I commend you for going ahead.

...and congrats to everyone on their weight loss!! I get SO excited when I see someone's loss!
Old 09-30-2009, 10:13 PM   #202  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to all of the new people. I can't believe how many people we have on this thread. When I started it a few months ago no one had heard of IP. Now we have so many people doing so great.

Had my weigh in today. I was down 2 #. Found out today that the bars should only be eaten about twice a week. I had 4 last week. I don't usually have the bars but I got them last week so I will start watching them.

I'm going to have to try the ice cream recipe. I'm wondering what it would taste like if you added the crystal light packet (like maybe strawberry) and then froze it. That might be really good!!!
Old 10-01-2009, 08:46 AM   #203  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

Morning,

Yes i find the packets expensive as well...And so far i am not taking the restricted items. I basically live off the yogurt, puddings, and soups. One positive is that i now only basically shop the "perimeter" of the grocery store and have cut down lots there. Also i am not (currently!) indulging in meals out, or alcoholic beverages which for one nite could easily equate to a 7-pack box of IP! SO i think it hurts to initially spend the money, but somehow i see it averaging out in the long run. It also makes me NOT WANT to cheat!!
I do find i need to add extra water to almost everything - except the jello. But i also add broth to enhance the flavor when it is soup. Mainly i add my veggies to my soup - i find i like it better that way. And for dinners i usually incorporate beansprouts, mushrooms, broccoli into some sort of stirfry with my meat and find that is sufficient for the time being. I am not being overly creative yet, as i am trying to keep this diet as uncomplicated as possible as i am still cooking for others in my house. Everyone is heating healthier! They just don't know it yet!
Old 10-01-2009, 09:02 AM   #204  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

I do agree with you, SandraB. Had to laugh. Yesterday I went into this store I HATE...but they do have the best produce around. Shopped the produce and left. Spent more time in the waitline than I did in the store. I think I am averaging out too, because I am not buying junk - which is basically what I lived on the last 2 years.

I haven't tried the yogurt yet...will have to try it. My nurse says she pretends it is fruit. I tried my first stirfry yesterday...don't know why I didn't think of it before! I did throw boneless chicken thighs into a crockpot and then cut it all up. Worked out good (didn't feel like I was cooking).

What type broth are you using? I was never told I could have broth. I was told I couldn't have Crystal Light or anything with aspartane in it because aspartane slows down weight loss.

Alwe74...I remember reading your posts when I first started researching IP, and you were one of the reasons I chose IP. I am guessing we have at least 25 women on this forum now. This forum is like your "baby". Thanks.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:14 AM   #205  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

I too, enjoy this forum...It is weird, but it really seems to help reading other peoples trials and tribulations. I think it is because there are so many people so quick to pass judgment on this ( i like to call it meal plan, not diet...) IP program, greatly in fact to the bizarre amount of "fad" diets out there. So I choose not to discuss the IP program in my work or social areas (odd exception of course) so it is great to have this. So if ALWE74 started this - thank you!

The broth - i mentioned in an earlier post that i was using broth, and seemed like that was unheard of. So i went back to my coach to verify as i did not want my week wasted by using it. I knew i had heard the holistic worker / IP rep talk of broth in the seminar i attended. It was information overload that evening so i could not remember exactly what he said. My coach has said that she specifically asked if we were allowed broth and he said yes. Like as anything else, in moderation. I buy the cartons - Campbells, Knorr - chicken, veggie or beef. I had about a cup to my soup and i like the soup better as a result. I also sautee many veggies and meat in broth - that is only a small amount. But after reading on here that noone else heard of it , i was worried,however i lost 9.2lbs in my first week. So i am going to continue to use it in moderation.

I am interested to hear from others if they are using splenda to sweeten dressings, tea etc. I have been told by my coach i can use this. Is everyone using splenda?
Old 10-01-2009, 02:22 PM   #206  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrab View Post
I too, enjoy this forum...It is weird, but it really seems to help reading other peoples trials and tribulations. I think it is because there are so many people so quick to pass judgment on this ( i like to call it meal plan, not diet...) IP program, greatly in fact to the bizarre amount of "fad" diets out there. So I choose not to discuss the IP program in my work or social areas (odd exception of course) so it is great to have this. So if ALWE74 started this - thank you!

The broth - i mentioned in an earlier post that i was using broth, and seemed like that was unheard of. So i went back to my coach to verify as i did not want my week wasted by using it. I knew i had heard the holistic worker / IP rep talk of broth in the seminar i attended. It was information overload that evening so i could not remember exactly what he said. My coach has said that she specifically asked if we were allowed broth and he said yes. Like as anything else, in moderation. I buy the cartons - Campbells, Knorr - chicken, veggie or beef. I had about a cup to my soup and i like the soup better as a result. I also sautee many veggies and meat in broth - that is only a small amount. But after reading on here that noone else heard of it , i was worried,however i lost 9.2lbs in my first week. So i am going to continue to use it in moderation.

I am interested to hear from others if they are using splenda to sweeten dressings, tea etc. I have been told by my coach i can use this. Is everyone using splenda?
I use splenda. In fact I make lemonade (lemon juice is considered a seasoning), water and splenda and drink it instead of straight up water these days.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:27 PM   #207  

Talking Meeting with doc re: ideal protein way of life

Thank you for your blogs. I'm going to start next week, and it will be great to share and learn.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:30 PM   #208  

How many days have you been on the program? The first 3 days are the toughest. I had a box of choco banana bars that really helped me get through the first 2 days (they are phase 2 foods) but they kept me honest. After 3 days without cheeting you will loose that intense hunger and feel only slight hunger (something I have never felt befor going on IP). It takes 3 days without sugar or carbs for your liver to empty its reserves, then and only then will you be able to break down fat. NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING THIN FEELS. I have strayed 2 times and both times I stopped loosing weight for 3 days. With that being said I have lost 21 pounds from sept. 1st to Oct. 1st. My waist was a tight 38 inches, now a comfortable 34 inches. My goal is 47 pounds and 21 of that is gone in a single month. I am a chiropractor that began selling this product last week due to my own success. I understand the physiology and it makes perfect sense. This can change your life ifyour committed.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:41 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 194.5/175.5/135

Height: 5'4"

Such great results everyone!

I just had my weigh-in and I am down a total of 8lbs in 2.5 weeks and that's with a bunch of cheating. (Just being honest here....) I'm happy with my success but I know it could have be a LOT better had I not cheated.

Got my WF order from netrition.com. Breifly tried the honey dijon...I think that's going to take some getting used to I also ordered the choc syrup (my rep says it's safe) so I'll try and get creative with that.

Today I picked up some more cappuccino drink - I actually *like* those, and some of the jelly/jell-o. My rep said she was keeping me really tight with the carbs (meaning no restricteds for Gink!) especially since I'm prone to cheating. I'm going to try really REALLY hard not to cheat for 3 days so I can make sure my pancreas is reset, then maybe (hopefully) my INTENSE afternoon hunger will be gone.

Today my rep did have a couple recipie suggestions for me. I'm sure some of this will be different from what guys have been told but thought I'd share anyway.

*she said the little Salad Spritzers are safe...that might be a good alternative for some.
*she also suggested starting with 1tsp (up to 1tbsp) of Original Frank's Red Hot Sauce and mixing it with 1tbsp of Smart Balance (the kind in the squeeze bottle) and using that as a dip for grilled chicken strips. Kinda like hot wings (Again, use at your own risk.)

I did want to share something kind of ironic with you guys: my son is 4.5 years old and has some health challenges, the biggest one being potentially severe food allergies to all dairy, eggs and peanuts. Peanuts is the one that scares me to DEATH. We carry an Epi-Pen everywhere and I have banned peanuts from the house - I won't even eat them when I'm at work (before IP). Truthfully, because of the potential for peanut residue from even handling or eating peanuts/peanut butter/snickers/trail mixes/other candy etc. I won't even TOUCH anything with peanuts. And I LOVE all that stuff. It's funny how I've had no problem completely doing away with anything peanut-related - despite my own love for it - simply because I want to keep my son healthy. I guess it's funny what we do for others and don't do for ourselves.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:01 PM   #210  
mjv

Alwe74 congrats good job keep it up....

gink: I agree we will do anything ofr our kids that is why i'm on diet. my kids told me they want me to be healthy so i'm around for a long time... and they are so suppportive..

i'm so happy i found this site i read everyday and always give it to other I find on IP... I say congrats to all of us job well done
Closed Thread