Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 10:45 AM   #271  

I measure before... I have a 2 cup container I just fill up.. the only one that really changes a whole lot is spinach...
Old 10-06-2009, 12:04 PM   #272  
mjv

S/C/G: 270-230-150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanycats View Post
To MJV: I noticed you live in WY, me too.
I've been doing IP for three weeks, down about 14 lbs. I'm way happy about the scale but my clothes feel the same. When do the inches start to drop??
not sure but i've been on since 7/11/09 and have lost a total of over 25inches all over!!! it will start soon i'm sure just keep it up!!! good luck
Old 10-06-2009, 01:46 PM   #273  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'6"

My favorites veggies are asparagus, spinach, mushrooms, zucchini, cucumber, bok choi, and celery. I am not a big broccoli or cauliflower fan, but I will eat them. I miss my green beans.

My favorite foods so far are: chocolate drink (with a bit of almond extract) and the lemon pudding.

Question - has anyone used the Walden Farms spreads or the blueberry syrup? I was thinking they might be good additions to the vanilla drink to mix up the flavors a bit.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:29 PM   #274  
IP Fan

S/C/G: 156.5/127/126

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone. Had my second weigh-in today. Was down 3.3 lbs. The weekdays are pretty easy for me, but the weekends are tough! Good luck everyone.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:44 PM   #275  

Great Job!!! Had my Official 6 week weigh-in today and I am totalling 43 pounds... that's the equivalent of my six year old daughter.....
Old 10-06-2009, 04:20 PM   #276  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

Wonderful to see so many new people....and I am SO glad we have this forum now. My nurse has been giving the website out to some of their patients so we may have even more.

I was told I could have 2c. of restricted veggies...and could spread them out during the week. I eat less than that....but boy, I can sure make a cherry tomato go FAR!! I need to look at it in my salad.

I mostly eat broccoli and cauliflower...steamed or stirfried with honey dijon WF dressing over it, sometimes. I also grill asparagus on my Foreman Grill. I add a touch of sugarfree Toranti syrups (cuz I already had them here) to my puddings and you could use extracts. Sometimes I drizzle a teaspoon of WF pancake syrup over them.

OK -- I had my month weighin today...and I am down 15# for the month (3.5# loss this week...which seems to be about my average). I am on a lot of meds so that might be slowing my loss. The main reason I went on IP was to see if I could eliminate some of my meds under doc's supervision.

I also bought the vanilla premixed drinks today. I have gotten caught 5 times without anything for lunch (like, yesterday -- I WAS prepared with cutup veggies...and apparently, I didn't put the top on tight. One big curve...all my veggies were on the floor). I thought if I threw in a drink, it was there if I needed it. (it is very hard for me to eat lunch....never have...).
Old 10-06-2009, 05:04 PM   #277  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

Thats great to hear so many people are being successful! I only hope i can post something positive after my weighin tonite!!
Old 10-06-2009, 05:16 PM   #278  

Sandrab... You will be successful... with this plan ... it's hard not to lose the weight if you follow it... I have faith in you...
Old 10-06-2009, 07:26 PM   #279  

you should have a list of allowed veggies from your rep. if not I can help. Tomatoes are fruit and should be avoided, they will slow down your weight loss. I have been sticking to broc, coliflour, green squash and asparigus, spinich so far. I lost 21 pounds in the month of sept. total weight loss to date is 24 pounds. anything that has sugar even fruit sugar will slow weight loss. My mother weighs 345 lbs at 5 foot 3 and i'm trying to be an example for her and hope she will join me....she can loose her weught in 14 to 15 bmonths if she commits..this program is awsome..I went to a family reunion over the wekend and ate 2 grilled chicken legs, I was not even temped to those high sugar foods, just looked at all the obese diabetics eating and thought thank God for my lack of desire to eat those foods.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #280  

I am on my second day--and really feel full. My question is do I HAVE to have a packet for a snack if I am not hungry. I had the eggs for breakfast, then the bueberry yogurt for lunch. Had good dinner, but am not hungry now. I love reading all the food hints as well as the encouragement given by everybody.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:08 PM   #281  
Cake for dogs, NOT ME!

S/C/G: 280/219/175

Height: 5'7"

I've been spying for a couple of weeks now, thought I'd go ahead and post. I've been on IP for 8 weeks and have lost 37 lbs so far. Its great to see so many others are doing well! Keep up the good work and I will post recipes some time soon (i'm a trained chef and LOVE to cook...hence the 100 lbs I need to lose)
Stacy

Last edited by dogchef; 10-06-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:03 PM   #282  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

WELL, i had my weigh in and am trying to feel positive. my first weigh in i lost 9.2 lbs and promised myself that even though i knew it would be impossible to lose that much each week, that i would not be disappointed. yet I WAS....i was down 3.2lbs this week. thing is, i felt i did everything so much better this week, although i never cheated in the first week, i did not take the time and care in my meals as i did the second week. i just read the post about the tomatoes, and now wonder if this affected my week. i understood that we could eat from the restricted veggies twice a week. both times i chose a tomato....because i thought we could. so now i am left wondering... i am having trouble with the protien options as well. finding i am mainly having the vanilla and choc drinks, and cereal. i do not like much of the other choices. i have not yet tried any restricted packets nor have i bought the bars or the snacks. hopefully i am not affecting weight loss by limiting the variety of protien...i would like to think that it should not matter which 3 packets i choose, as long as i have 3 daily and they are not from the restricted or limited groups. does anyone have any insight on this?
Old 10-06-2009, 11:27 PM   #283  

S/C/G: 164/127/130

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winderwoman View Post
My favorites veggies are asparagus, spinach, mushrooms, zucchini, cucumber, bok choi, and celery. I am not a big broccoli or cauliflower fan, but I will eat them. I miss my green beans.

My favorite foods so far are: chocolate drink (with a bit of almond extract) and the lemon pudding.

Question - has anyone used the Walden Farms spreads or the blueberry syrup? I was thinking they might be good additions to the vanilla drink to mix up the flavors a bit.
You can go to waldenfarms.com & order whatever you like.....just remember we want to teach healthy eating habits- so it's not good to go overboard with it , just keep it simple. I personally love a lot of their products we carry a bunch in our office for a convienence to patients
Old 10-07-2009, 04:48 AM   #284  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie LA View Post
I am on my second day--and really feel full. My question is do I HAVE to have a packet for a snack if I am not hungry. I had the eggs for breakfast, then the bueberry yogurt for lunch. Had good dinner, but am not hungry now. I love reading all the food hints as well as the encouragement given by everybody.
Yes you do. Even though you might not feel hungry your body needs it to get through the night. It is a requirement.

TT
Seattle, WA
follow my blog

Last edited by GoddessTT; 10-07-2009 at 04:52 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:52 AM   #285  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrab View Post
WELL, i had my weigh in and am trying to feel positive. my first weigh in i lost 9.2 lbs and promised myself that even though i knew it would be impossible to lose that much each week, that i would not be disappointed. yet I WAS....i was down 3.2lbs this week. thing is, i felt i did everything so much better this week, although i never cheated in the first week, i did not take the time and care in my meals as i did the second week. i just read the post about the tomatoes, and now wonder if this affected my week. i understood that we could eat from the restricted veggies twice a week. both times i chose a tomato....because i thought we could. so now i am left wondering... i am having trouble with the protien options as well. finding i am mainly having the vanilla and choc drinks, and cereal. i do not like much of the other choices. i have not yet tried any restricted packets nor have i bought the bars or the snacks. hopefully i am not affecting weight loss by limiting the variety of protien...i would like to think that it should not matter which 3 packets i choose, as long as i have 3 daily and they are not from the restricted or limited groups. does anyone have any insight on this?
Does not matter which 3 you choose, not one bit. 3-4 lbs a week is average for a woman. Don't stress you did AWESOME! I don't eat anything restricted anymore, I never ate the restricted veggies to begin with, but now I don't even eat the restricted bars. I was sick all last week and am still a little sick but sticking to the meal plan.

Don't worry the lbs will melt away, like I said, I would just stay away from anything RESTRICTED if you can, you might see much better results! Also journaling and making adjustments on what you ate one week to the next might help you loose too.

TT
Seattle, WA
follow my blog

Last edited by GoddessTT; 10-07-2009 at 04:52 AM.
Closed Thread