Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 12:33 PM   #151  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaaoooo View Post
Hi!! I started IP on Tuesday 9/22 and I am starving to death. I keep waiting for it to go away but it hasn't. I am very excited about the program though, I think I have finally found the one thing that is going to work. I have been gaining weight since I was 20 and after I had kids it got worse. Monday I said enough is enough and here I am!! I am praying that I can stick to it, I am ready to be me again!!

I really don't like the cereal, but I eat it. I like everything else so far. I am trying not to get any of the restricted items so maybe I will lose a little faster.

I weigh in on Monday!! Keep your fingers crossed!!
Hi - I also started the diet on Monday Sept 21st. seriously i was starving at first as well. and although it is only my 5th day, i am feeling better in that area. I do get hungry in the evenings ( my worst times!) but because i have gotten through those first 3 days without cheating, gives me the motivation to keep going. i found making a cup of raspberry herbal tea helped with that. I have to say that my worst complaint on this "plan" is having to get up 5 times throughout the nite due to high water intake. I get up at 5:30 am for work, and am not sure if it is the change in food intake or the sleep interruptions causing me to be so tired throughout the day. I also did not take the restricted packets for now. I will after 2 weeks though. Good luck, and for me things did get better!!
Old 09-25-2009, 03:13 PM   #152  

Quote:
Hi!! I started IP on Tuesday 9/22 and I am starving to death. I keep waiting for it to go away but it hasn't. I am very excited about the program though, I think I have finally found the one thing that is going to work. I have been gaining weight since I was 20 and after I had kids it got worse. Monday I said enough is enough and here I am!! I am praying that I can stick to it, I am ready to be me again!!

I really don't like the cereal, but I eat it. I like everything else so far. I am trying not to get any of the restricted items so maybe I will lose a little faster.

You can do it! I was told by the Dr. that if I was feeling hungry have another packet. The hunger went away about day 4ish for me.

TT
Seattle, WA
my blog
Old 09-25-2009, 03:18 PM   #153  

Default Weigh in day week 2

I went to weigh in and was a little dissappointed in myself. I lost 2.6lbs (total of 21.6 lbs in 2 weeks), and a total of 1.5 inches all together.

Things I found out... NO Quorn or fake meats for those vegn's out there. Either eat egg beaters, fish or have an extra packet (at dinner).

You can have splenda + lemon juice + water = lemonade (using it as my water intake).

You can NOT miss any meals, I missed two in one day and they consider that cheating. You must stick to the plan for every meal and have only foods on the list.

I am going off the quorn tonight and will have no restricted foods, with that being said my weight loss should be more dramatic next week as I will had NO sugar in me. The dextrose in the fake meat and the missing of meals set me back. :-(

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

TT
Seattle, WA
my blog

Last edited by GoddessTT; 09-25-2009 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:15 PM   #154  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

My first week I was starving! I definitely took advantage of being able to eat a fourth packet and unlimited lettuce. That is the only thing that got me through. After about my fourth or fifth day I started to feel better. Keep going...you'll do great!!!
Old 09-26-2009, 01:24 AM   #155  

Hi, my name is Greg and I live in Tampa Fl. I have struggled with weight for most of my life. My mother and my 2 oldest siblings are more than 100 over weight. I had a patient ask my about ideal protein (which I knew nothing of) so I told her I would research it. After doing so I was so impressed with it that I was sure it would work. I began on Aug. 31 at 207 lbs at 5 foot 8...I set a goal of 160 lbs (47 lbs), today is Sept. 25th and I weigthed in at 188.5 I have never felt better and I'm saving so much money on food and boos. Dont give up newbees this program can change your life if you commit to it and stopped making excuses for yourself. I understand the process and would be happy to answer any questions.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:47 PM   #156  
IP started 9/27/09

S/C/G: 232/217/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Greetings fellow Ideal Protein participants

My name is Phyllis, live in the Houston area, and have tried everything out there, it seems. I'm so sick of seeing a stranger in the mirror, and want to find the me I was designed to be. I seem to have lost her the second half of my life.

I went to my consultation/sign-up this morning and am so excited. I have been reading this thread this week, ever since I called to make the appointment. I have 2 friends who have lost weight on the program, and have been impressed by what I've found in doing research. I am very encouraged by what I have read here on this thread, and look forward to making this journey with y'all.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:30 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 180/148/125

Height: 5"3"

Default Hello IP fans

I've been on the diet since June 11 and have lost 25 lbs. It's really hard to stick to this diet when you're on the road. My sister and I have been doing this together and talk lots. We're taking a vacation together next week so we've gone through all of the phases and are now on maintenance so we can eat whatever is available at the restaurants. We plan on going back to phase 1 when we get back.

The information that is available for phase four is pretty thin. I got some really good information from my counselor for phase three. I've continued to lose weight through all the phases. So far I've eaten pretty closely to phase three for phase four. Since I plan to restart when I get back from vacation I figured this was a pretty safe course of action.

I know two other people that have gone off the diet for a short period then restarted and both were very supportive of my doing it too. They both said getting started again was easy, actually easier than starting the first time because they didn't suffer the side effects as drastically the second time around.

The things I've learned along the way include: stick to eating what it tells you. The weeks I skipped meals were the weeks I didn't lose weight. Eat two cups of vegetables every lunch and supper - no more, no less. I used spinach with my lettuce to get some of my extra vegetables. Zuchinni shredded and drained (squeeze the extra moisture out) mixed with an egg, some salt and pepper fried in olive oil isn't too bad for a vegetable. Works for supper in phase one. I created my own dressing (against the advise of my counselor) because I didn't like any of the walden farms. I used walden farms mayo, a packet of dried ranch and a cup of fat free milk, shook it in a shaker. Not exactly allowed on the diet but don't think I could have eaten that much lettuce without it. Could be the reason I only lost two pounds a week too. You decide. Other than that I treated the diet like a prescription from my diet and it works!! I'm a lifer.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:13 PM   #158  
Love

S/C/G: 238/in progress :P/208

Height: 5-9

I agree with you ,
I was on the road 2 weeks ago . So i had breakfest-lunch and dinner at the restaurants ( youhou ) No need to tell u that event if I ask my meat with salad, no dressing ... well I had a +2 on the balance the next week ... ( ok , maybe i had sometimes dressing - and some not alowed veggies)

I didn't eat much IP proteine that week. So when i started again on sunday , I had the big headaches ....

Good thing I dont go on the orad often , at home i stick on the plan , i am alone . So everything is fine .
Old 09-27-2009, 10:50 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

My 4 days away at the convention were very tough. I realized I sure was not prepared for it. I didn't have enough time to prepare veggies before..had no place to get veggies, couldn't always get the water, etc. I didn't cheat, but I guess, according to reading the above, I DID cheat cuz I couldn't get my veggies in at lunch (the salad was disgusting)...so I grabbed a bar and water. There will probably be no weight loss this week, but it sure was a learning experience. I am going away the end of October again, and you better believe I will be WAY more prepared!! According to my scale, I probably maintained. It was very hard because everyone else in the house was eating chips, ice cream, BANANAS, etc.....but get this....my friend said I was an "inspiration" to her (me??). She is diabetic and had to deviate from her diet due to the lack of food in convention center. Instead of deviating, I just didn't eat (doubt if that was the best choice, but it was the only choice for me!!). I will say it was hard when I saw the ice cream. In most other cases, I would have to leave the room, but I hung tough!! I WILL say most of my sweet cravings are gone, so it really wasn't THAT hard.

Since it was such a last minute trip, I had to go with what I had in refrigerator (alphalfa sprouts??) and what I bought at doc's last week. We did go out for dinner one night...and I was truly excited. I got a great salad (I HATE salads) with a small amount of steak on it. But...like I said...great learning experience as far as eating out.

My doc says things that are different, Goddess TT, that some of the things you read. I AM allowed to use other WF products, and I AM allowed to exercise during Phase I. Granted, I don't exercise long...but I am exercising. I FEEL like exercising (BIG for me!!!). She wants me to get in a mile a day also...(struggling with that). Doc knows I decided to do IP for my health, and losing weight was an extra bonus...so maybe that is why she has deviated from the plan....dunno...but I like it.

I think I am addicted to the new Dr. Oz show.....because I know we are doing some of the things he recommends. I also am enjoying Biggest Loser more this year because I am actually "dieting" along with the contestants....anybody else??
Old 09-28-2009, 01:53 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 164/127/130

Height: 5'5

Hi all I am here to give support or as much advice as I can give the Ideal Protein diet is amazing, it brings me to tears seeing everyones success! I coach in wyoming - if someone needs ideas or recipes maybe I have a yummy one for you or you can share yours with me so I can pass it to my patients!!
Old 09-28-2009, 04:59 PM   #161  
Love

S/C/G: 238/in progress :P/208

Height: 5-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkissed21 View Post
Hi all I am here to give support or as much advice as I can give the Ideal Protein diet is amazing, it brings me to tears seeing everyones success! I coach in wyoming - if someone needs ideas or recipes maybe I have a yummy one for you or you can share yours with me so I can pass it to my patients!!
really cool !!
thanks !
Old 09-28-2009, 05:11 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 282/171.8/165

Height: 5'4"

Just shows how different people are! I find it so much easier to do this diet on the road than at home! Some of you know but I travel for my job, usually every other week. Just some things I do that make my life easier while travelling are:
1. make sure the hotel room I get has a refrigerator. If it doesn't come with one, I will rent one.
2. Bring my IP 'food' and WF dressings in the travel packets. I usually will only bring 1 restricted item for the week... if I don't have it, then I can't eat it, right?
3. Depending on how long I'll be somewhere, usually 4-5 nights, I'll go to the market and get cucumbers, spinach and rotisserie chicken. I bring my own stash of zip locks bags, a knife, a fork and 4 stackable bowls. I also haul my own sea salt, olive oil and Mrs. Dash.
4. If I go out to eat, I will go to a Mexican restaurant and order chicken fajitas, in oil and not butter.. .tell them to keep the side plate but do bring me some pico and extra salsa. My other option is Ruby Tuesday... great salad bar... have my own dressing... and will get the petite sirloin with no butter or sauce and steamed broccoli, again with no butter.
5. I always keep an extra packet in my purse and another one in my laptop case so no matter what, if I get hungry, there is no excuse to cheat.. I'll just eat an extra packet.
6. I always, always have sugar free ice breaker sours on me. When that sweet tooth hits, 1, 2 or 10 of these will knock it out

I go weigh in on Friday... will post the results then (if I like them )
Yall have a good week!
Old 09-28-2009, 05:12 PM   #163  
mjv

S/C/G: 270-230-150

Quote:
she is my coach and she is great!!!!! and she knows what she is talking about.... she has help me alot and always been there for me.. love ys sunkissed lol
Old 09-28-2009, 05:30 PM   #164  
mjv

S/C/G: 270-230-150

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessTT View Post
I went to weigh in and was a little dissappointed in myself. I lost 2.6lbs (total of 21.6 lbs in 2 weeks), and a total of 1.5 inches all together.

Things I found out... NO Quorn or fake meats for those vegn's out there. Either eat egg beaters, fish or have an extra packet (at dinner).

You can have splenda + lemon juice + water = lemonade (using it as my water intake).

You can NOT miss any meals, I missed two in one day and they consider that cheating. You must stick to the plan for every meal and have only foods on the list.

I am going off the quorn tonight and will have no restricted foods, with that being said my weight loss should be more dramatic next week as I will had NO sugar in me. The dextrose in the fake meat and the missing of meals set me back. :-(

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

TT
Seattle, WA
my blog
I know that is one of my problems is missing meals, I missed my lunch today I forgot to pack it. so i' ll have to try and maybe make it up, i'm really bad on weekends missing meals or trying to get them all in, that has held me back also. but today I hit the 40lb mark, 40lbs since 7/11/09.

Last edited by mjv; 09-28-2009 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:55 PM   #165  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Hi Sunkissed!!!
Closed Thread