Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 12:33 PM   #316  

S/C/G: 194.5/175.5/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey Everyone!

Haven't posted in a couple of days but I've been keeping up with the posts - so good to see so many people on here

Had my weigh-in yesterday, I'm down 13lbs!!!! This "diet" has finally gotten easy for me too. I'm figuring things out and doing more cooking and eating at home than I've ever done! It's awesome and I'm so exciting.

One thing I have learned is that momentum is a huge key in this. I've had a few cheat days but I've learned that when I do that it takes about 3 or 4 days to get back on track. That's a lot of work to have to re-do, but at the same time, in my mind, it helps keep the diet real world for me and more "doable," if that makes any sense.

Anyway, I'm so excited at everyone else's progress as well Keep it up guys!
Old 10-09-2009, 01:27 PM   #317  

S/C/G: 165/135/135

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMom View Post
Kaygirl- I also want to lose about 30 lbs. I lost 6 lbs the first week and 3 the second...not huge, but way more than I've lost on any other diet. I can really feel the difference in just two weeks..not just the lbs, but the inches lost.
That's great no it isn't huge but you are still losing.. Like I said my first meet isn't until Oct 26 .. I'm so ready! Thank you for letting me know.. keep up the goos work it will pay off when you fit that goal.

Last edited by kaygirl; 10-09-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:22 PM   #318  

S/C/G: 171/165/135

Height: 5'4

Hey Everyone!
So I'm brand new to this forum and wanted to say that reading everyone's posts has been such a source of encouragement and motivation for me I'm a 27 year old grad student in Chicago, but originally from Toronto, Canada! Is there anyone else in the Chicago area doing this diet? I would like to know where I can purchase the IP products here.

Secondly, does anyone know what the rules are for alcohol on this diet? On the sheets my doctor gave me it said strictly no alcohol...does anyone know the reason behind this? Well, good luck to all of you and again it's so nice to have an online support system to fall back on
Old 10-09-2009, 02:40 PM   #319  

I started Monday 10/5 and had my first weigh in today. Down 6.4 pounds! Yeah. I'm trying a few restricted food this week. Hope it won't make a difference.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:48 PM   #320  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingBeautE View Post
Hey Everyone!
So I'm brand new to this forum and wanted to say that reading everyone's posts has been such a source of encouragement and motivation for me I'm a 27 year old grad student in Chicago, but originally from Toronto, Canada! Is there anyone else in the Chicago area doing this diet? I would like to know where I can purchase the IP products here.

Secondly, does anyone know what the rules are for alcohol on this diet? On the sheets my doctor gave me it said strictly no alcohol...does anyone know the reason behind this? Well, good luck to all of you and again it's so nice to have an online support system to fall back on
hi there!

the no alcohol part would be mainly because of the sugar i would guess. i went to hear a healthcare worker discuss the IP diet over a period of 2 hour seminar. what was said about alcohol was that one drink would set you back3-4 days and that if it was worth it to you, then to go ahead. given the cost of the diet and desire for results, i have turned down the " nasty juice" a few times in the short time i have been doing this. however i think a person has to live life too, and my niece is having a big wedding social on halloween nite and i am making that my first "planned cheat" i will suffer the setback and have a good time. this diet is really all about choices, and individuals will lose at different rates, pending on those choices.

University - sans alcohol. your brave! Good Luck
Old 10-09-2009, 03:04 PM   #321  

S/C/G: 171/165/135

Height: 5'4

Sandrab, Thanks for your post! I agree, its definitely not worth the setbacks considering the amount of money we are spending on these products. And yes, grad school without alcohol is tough, but all worth it once I fit into those skinny jeans!
Old 10-09-2009, 05:37 PM   #322  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

Skinny jeans...I am dreaming of skinny jeans too!!

Valkyrie...I dream of a size 12!! Just remember what size you were before you lost 100#!!!

20bydec -- Probably the only other items you need other than stocking up on veggies...would be whatever protein you will use at night for your meal. Otherwise, it sounds like you have it covered.

Kaygirl - I have about 30# more to lose, too.....I have already lost 15#. The doc didn't think I should lose more than 30#, but I will see when I get closer. What I did (while I was researching IP) the month of August, was start eliminating things I knew I would have to give up if I went on IP (orange juice, potatoes, wine, desserts) so I did lose 5# while I was waiting to go on IP.....

SleepingBeautE....you are on brave girl to give up alcohol while attending grad school....but it can be done. There are a few nights when I would have loved to kick back with a glass of wine. There is a site called idealtogo.com...Valkyrie was going to try to reach the guy. I had received an email from him back in August, saying that he could only sell me the IP products with my doctor's permission. My doc carries all the products, tho....I understand that in the US, we do not have all the products that Canada has, tho...(I think that is what I heard).

SandraB...I have a planned cheat too, and it will be 3 days...so I am worried. A bunch of us get together the end of October at a nice hotel and sew all weekend...and bring loads of delicious food. We DID say we were going to keep in healthier this year. I am bringing the salad. The hardest thing for me will be NOT having the belgian waffles the hotel serves in the a.m. I am thinking of just skipping the breakfast room altogether and just eating oatmeal in my room!!

It sounds like we are all doing well on IP. If there is anyone that is NOT having luck with the diet, they haven't posted yet.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:48 PM   #323  
IP started 9/27/09

S/C/G: 232/217/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwe74 View Post
Welcome new people!!!

Well I hit my halfway mark today. I have lost exactly 45 lbs. and I have 45 to go. This is the best I have done on any diet!!!
You are such an inspiration! I have 100 lbs. to lose myself, so I really admire others who've stuck with this.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:55 PM   #324  

Default Another 'newbie'

Hi everyone!
congratulaions to all who are successful pioneers!
I started on Monday Oct 5 and weigh on Monday the12th.
Would love it if everyone shared favorite recipes.
I found a favorite lunch for me (because I love Applebee's Oriental chicken salad) ;chopped celery, onion, cucumbers, and brocoli equalling 2 cups - add lettunce, Then top with the Walden farms Thousand Island dressing with a touch of splenda to give it the right 'sweet sour' taste. . . yummy, then I have the raspberry jello for dessert!
Old 10-09-2009, 08:39 PM   #325  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatime View Post
Hi everyone!
congratulaions to all who are successful pioneers!
I started on Monday Oct 5 and weigh on Monday the12th.
Would love it if everyone shared favorite recipes.
I found a favorite lunch for me (because I love Applebee's Oriental chicken salad) ;chopped celery, onion, cucumbers, and brocoli equalling 2 cups - add lettunce, Then top with the Walden farms Thousand Island dressing with a touch of splenda to give it the right 'sweet sour' taste. . . yummy, then I have the raspberry jello for dessert!
That sounds really good! I will have to try that!
Old 10-09-2009, 08:41 PM   #326  

Height: 5'6"

Well I had my weigh in today and lost 6 lbs, I a, really happy because Ihave never lost that fast on any diet> My stomach is finally starting to shrink and that is huge for me because it my biggest area of weight.

Thanks for the salad recipe Iwill have to getthe WF thousand island dressimg, i dont have that one yet just the bacon ranch and honey dijon.

congrats to everyone1
Old 10-10-2009, 12:26 AM   #327  

Well, this was day #5 for me. I went to an all day flea market with friends and was on my feet from 9 to 4 walking- I started to feel really bad about 11, but we ate our lunch under the trees and my veggies and water helped. I read where some of you are exercising-I thought we were not to exercise for 3 weeks. I don't think I got enough info when I started this diet. When I go in on Monday for my weigh in ,I am bringing a list of questions. I also really need to figure out how to make the lunch meal better. I am ok at night because I can have an almost normal meal-but lunch is a challenge. Ideas please!! I also brought back all the redtricted packets as I have to monitor my husband's meds so carefully, that I want to have this diet as stress free as possible. I don't want to be bothered about what I can eat only once a week,etc. Also. have any of you any info about what happens weight wise when we go off of Phase 1 ??? After spending all this time and effort and MONEY, I sure don't want to put the weight back on!
Old 10-10-2009, 01:24 AM   #328  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornfaninOK View Post
well.. 1st weigh in... 10.8 pounds gone in a week! I love this (non)diet!!!!

I take the puddings and add more water and ice in the blender.. they are yummy, especially the chocolate one!!!! The chicken soup is my favorite.
Congrats on your loss....I started Tuesday and weigh on Monday, sure hope my results are as good! .....funny about the favorite foods.....I liked the blueberry cranberry drink better than the chicken soup!
Old 10-10-2009, 01:26 AM   #329  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie LA View Post
Well, this was day #5 for me. I went to an all day flea market with friends and was on my feet from 9 to 4 walking- I started to feel really bad about 11, but we ate our lunch under the trees and my veggies and water helped. I read where some of you are exercising-I thought we were not to exercise for 3 weeks. I don't think I got enough info when I started this diet. When I go in on Monday for my weigh in ,I am bringing a list of questions. I also really need to figure out how to make the lunch meal better. I am ok at night because I can have an almost normal meal-but lunch is a challenge. Ideas please!! I also brought back all the redtricted packets as I have to monitor my husband's meds so carefully, that I want to have this diet as stress free as possible. I don't want to be bothered about what I can eat only once a week,etc. Also. have any of you any info about what happens weight wise when we go off of Phase 1 ??? After spending all this time and effort and MONEY, I sure don't want to put the weight back on!
Day 4 for me....looks like there are several on here that have just started IP
Old 10-10-2009, 01:28 AM   #330  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrac425 View Post
I started Monday 10/5 and had my first weigh in today. Down 6.4 pounds! Yeah. I'm trying a few restricted food this week. Hope it won't make a difference.

Awesome loss!
Closed Thread