Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 09:33 PM   #346  

Thamks,Epona! I had FOUR protein packets today!! I sure hope I did not mess up--just did not write things down and have so much going--I am keeping my brother's Fox terrior--a really nice girl--but I feel like I am ina fish tank all three dogs now go round and round!! LV,DR and Kitchen and back again-I am sure they will settle down after a while!! You and others have explained things so much better than the clinic I am going to. I hope I get some clarification tomorrow.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:08 PM   #347  

Your welcome! I'm glad I could help. Sure, the 4 packets you had is fine! You can have up to 5 packets per day in your 1st week only. After your 1st week you must only have the 3 packets per day (breakfast, lunch, after dinner snack).

It sounds like those pups are keeping you busy Keep up the good work, and I hope your coach and clinic can get you some more info! There is a lot of information, and it can be easy to get confused or for coaches to leave out some info. You're doing great!
Old 10-11-2009, 11:03 PM   #348  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie LA View Post
Today was a rough day. I just could not get the food down. I did my protein stuff and most of the water. I also ate one of the bars and it was yummy!! I thought I had returned all the restricted packets but found this in the bottom of the box. I could eat these all day!! Also I am sooo proud of myself. One of my daughters flew into visit her dad and she is an oraganic and healthy cook.She made white and brown chocolate brownies from scratch and stuffed pasta shells. She left today and I packaged everything up and froze it! My hubby eats very little because of the cancer and I have to vary his food to get him to eat. Before this diet, I would have eaten everything up!! No leftovers!!! She is reading Michael Pollon's book and after talking to her Lots of food for thought in his book. First weigh is Monday at 1 !!!
My first week weigh-in is at 5 on Monday. Hope we both do well!
Old 10-12-2009, 03:28 AM   #349  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjv View Post
GREAT JOB!!!! half way thats great!! keep it up
Oh that is not half way for me...but thanks anyways =-)! That was Alwe she is doing great! I still have a ways to go.

Last edited by GoddessTT; 10-12-2009 at 03:32 AM.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:30 AM   #350  

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
GoddessTT - 30# in a month...that is twice what I lost...hang in there. I know this is a rough weekend for you...you are doing great (and look at all the obstacles you had to overcome in just the past 2 weeks).

Maggie LA: Boy, that is determination. The walks will probably help relax you too and clear your mind a bit. You have a lot on your plate. I bought "10-minute Dance Solutions" in case I thought I had 10 extra minutes. So far, I have just taken the plastic wrapping off (does that count??). Whew...if it does...no wonder I am so tired.

I have been struggling getting in my water...don't know why. I KNOW I have a book around called something like "Your Body's Many Cries for Water", but can't find it (an old book).

"Things" are finally "moving" today....yay! I hope this means the end of my problems!
Thanks hun! Seems like you are doing good too! Keep up the good work and remember all...it is about feeling good about yourself for yourself!
Old 10-12-2009, 09:49 AM   #351  

Goddess TT-- I just read your blog! wow! And you did not break your diet! I am so proud of you! I think losing weight is a HUGE chore and the added stress in our lives is helped so much by a coolkie or chips!

Eona, thanks so much with the info about the packets. I have really learned more from reading all the old posts then I did in my first visit. I certainly think that the doc's assistants need more training.

I weigh in at 1. I weighed once at home on the 3rd day, but restrained from weighing again. I am going to wear the same clothes as first time!

Please keep us in your prayers. Hubby gets a CAT scan tomorrow and I am hoping that the new drug is working. He had a bad night because of a bad cold that he came down with Friday. Have no idea where he caught it--probably from the doc's office!! Can't win for losing!

I don't mind the eggs-but cooking them just about ruins my expensive non-stick pan. I tried real low heat today-but they still stuck. Anyone have a better technique!!!
Old 10-12-2009, 09:53 AM   #352  

Epona--mispelled your name--sorry-hand is not working well today! Dogs are settling in--have to let them out one at a time or the Maltese comes in coevered in mud from head to toe from following our Fox terrior guest!! It has been raining for a week in LA --I need hip boots!
Old 10-12-2009, 11:36 AM   #353  

S/C/G: 282/171.8/165

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
alwe74 -- you must be SO proud and excited! Halfway to goal! It will be another 8# before I am halfway! (Newbies -- Alwe74 started this forum...and I am SO glad she did).

MaggieLA - there was a site posted earlier in this forum by the Dr. that invented IP....I remember looking at it, and it basically showed what they add after Phase I, Phase II, etc. I do remember thinking that by the time you are at the "end" - you have most of your foods back (i.e., fruits, grains, dairy)...so I assume they will teach you how to integrate these back in the diet. I was told you go on Phase II, once you lose 90% of your weight. I think Valkyrie is about to enter Phase II....she just lost 100# (since February!!).

Most of us on IP are fairly new.....within the last 4-6 months....so we are probably all learning together. I have been on IP for almost 5 weeks...and I still have so much to learn. I was never a big veggie or salad eater so that is always a challenge for me.

I struggle with lunch also....probably because I eat a late breakfast. Just too nauseated when I get up to consider breakfast. I just haven't been able to eat a salad for lunch yet. I usually cut up veggies and then have a pudding or shake around 3pm. I also have restricted every day, and am sure that is slowing my weight loss. Trying to learn how to do without them. The lunch that Spatime posted sounds really good...and I might add chicken to it for my dinner.

A few things I would suggest would be, a)go back thru old posts because a lot of your questions will be answered (there are recipes and food ideas there) and b)Go to Netrition.com website. Go under Walden Farms....and read the reviews. I have gotten a lot of ideas from there....plus it also reviews whether people like or dislike certain items (thus,saving you money...).

Two really good ideas I have gotten from forum is a)pour WF Honey Dijon dressing over veggies, b)Freeze the premix Vanilla shake for 30 min, stir, and freeze again for 30 min. Kinda tastes like ice cream. I also add a tad of Torani syrups to the vanilla puddings for variety (don't know if that is legal or not). Sunkissed or Babygene????

I just ordered the French Onion dip from Netrition.com, hoping to dunk my veggies in it. It had fairly good reviews. I have also used WF thousand island dressing to dunk veggies in (kinda runny, tho). I DO use the BBQ sauce a lot. Others have been told they can only use the dressings....so again, don't know if it is legal or not. Still haven't come up with a good tarter sauce. Tried the WF mayo (yuk)...then tried WF coleslaw dressing (better). I think - since I have to use dill relish instead of sweet relish - I may NEVER come up with a good one.
I couldn't stand the WF mayo either.. I use Hellman's light mayo on the rare occasion I need it.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:46 AM   #354  

S/C/G: 282/171.8/165

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie LA View Post
Epona--mispelled your name--sorry-hand is not working well today! Dogs are settling in--have to let them out one at a time or the Maltese comes in coevered in mud from head to toe from following our Fox terrior guest!! It has been raining for a week in LA --I need hip boots!
Maggie,
Where in LA are you? I have a house near Winnsboro.... currently live in Jackson, MS and go there every other weekend or so.
Good luck today!
Old 10-12-2009, 12:12 PM   #355  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

good luck maggie! i have my weigh in tomorrow.

Survived Thanksgiving ( canadian) for the heck of it i am going to post my meal...

5 oz roast turkey - NO gravy, stuffing!! but used WF jam for "cranberry"

1 cup turnip - mashed with chicken broth, seasalt and bit of splenda - good!!
( not quite the same, but still enjoyed it!)

asparagus spears - used WF honey dijon mixed with regular mustard ( really like this sauce, and seen mustard does not have carbs, sugar, calories, etc)

homemade icecream - lol ( IP drink frozen)

so no pumpkin pie or meatballs, perogies for me. but it was not so hard. would have enjoyed that glass of wine that everyone else had, but had my wined glass filled to the rim wth ice water. oh well. kept telling myself that if i do well until christmas, i will allow myself those few luxuries then. this holiday was just too soon to my start date to stray....i do concern myself about going over the 2 cups of veggies now and then, but was assured that is not a problem... with all this different info flying around, sure hope my coach is right about that!! if i dont have alot of progress tomorrow i will weigh every single veggie i eat!!

good luck this week everyone and have a great week!
Old 10-12-2009, 12:54 PM   #356  

S/C/G: 171/165/135

Height: 5'4

Hey Everyone!

I hope you all had a great weekend, and Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadian(s)! For the past week I feel like I've plateaued or been stuck at the 160 mark. I dont know what I can do to push pass this Does anyone have any suggestions or any insight they could shed to help me get through this. Thanks!
Old 10-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #357  

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie00 View Post
Maggie,
Where in LA are you? I have a house near Winnsboro.... currently live in Jackson, MS and go there every other weekend or so.
Good luck today!
I am in New Iberia--the SW part of LA--we just had our big gumbo cook-out!! I did NOT go .http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/imag...les/carrot.gif
But we have a guest coming for an overnight visit and I plan on cooking some GOOD food--it will be tempting, but I am determined not to break this diet!
Old 10-12-2009, 01:23 PM   #358  

OK--how do I get one of the smilies on my post without the web address!! Someday I will be computer literate!!
Old 10-12-2009, 03:24 PM   #359  

Default Ideal protein

Hello everyone!
I have been doing IP for 5 weeks and have lost 13.2 lbs with about 20 lbs left to loose and my daughter is going on six weeks and has lost 32lbs and about 50lbs left to lose. This is a great program! We are looking for some receipes so please help. Do you do anything different with your protein packets and what food do you like to have for dinner? Anything you can offer will help us. Good luck to everyone!!
Old 10-12-2009, 04:28 PM   #360  

Just came in from my one week weigh in. Lost 5 lbs!!!! This is a first for me. The girl said that I may only lose 2.5-3 lbs next time but that would be fine with me! Sandrab--thanks for the wonderful info about fixing Thanksgiving edibles. I agree with TayCee--we need recipes!! I am already in a rut after 1 week!! I am going to look at the old posts again for info.
Closed Thread