Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 01:24 PM   #61  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamagirl View Post
I have been on the Ideal Protein diet for 3 weeks. I have been losing about 3.5 pounds per week - which is fine with me since I don't want to lose the weight too fast (the excess skin worries me). After the third day, I felt great. The sugar fog was gone. I may not ever eat sugar again. For salad dressing, I use olive oil and lemon juice or olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Remembering to take the vitamins and sea salt are hard for me - but I know that they are necessary. The vanilla pudding packets are my favorite. Add some lemon extract to the water before shaking. The flavor is great. For breakfast, I make a shake using the vanilla pudding packet, one Crystal Light Lemonade and 10 fl. oz. of cold water. It's very refreshing. I am not a big fan of artificial sweeteners, so I only do this one every now and then. The Pomegranate drink and the Raspberry Jelly both have collagen protein, so I have one packet per day.
The blueberry, cranberry, pomegrante drink and the raspberry jello both have beef collagen in them which will help to keep your skin from being loose. I am not sure how much we should have each day but I am having one. I was vegan/vegetarian for 26 years but for the last 4 days I have not been due to the fact I don't want the loose skin either. Is there a vegn' option for collagen on the market in a pill at the natural food store...but I will have to find out.

TT
Seattle
Follow my journey to a thinner me blog at http://skinnygirlinafatchick.blogspot.com/

Last edited by GoddessTT; 09-15-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:03 PM   #62  
Started IP May11/11

S/C/G: 165.9/143.9/135/sz4

Height: 5'3.5

Hi everyone, I just signed up for the program today, I got my starter items and am starting tomorrow. I am 21 years old and have always been a little over weight and am tired of it! I do have a sweet tooth and think it may be a little bit hard for me in the beggining, so I am hoping that with your help and ideas for different varieties on the foods, and the help of the consultants here in town I will be able to achieve my goal, feel healthy and look great!
Old 09-15-2009, 06:00 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

Ohmygosh....I had my first weighin today. My scale had shown about a 4# loss...but when I got to the doctors, scale showed a 5.5# loss. I started dancing around the office...they were all laughing. I lost 2% bodyfat, and 2" off my hips (I think I wore thinner capris this time, tho....who loses 2" in a week??).

All in all, I am very happy. I was never much of a veggie eater, so I am struggling with that and the water, but I feel pretty good. Bought some single packets today to try...some puddings,bars,soups,etc. I like that I am being monitored...maybe that gives me more incentive.

Welcome to the new gals on the "treatment plan."
Old 09-15-2009, 06:04 PM   #64  

Jorae: I was REALLY worried about the sweet tooth, too. I expected that - as usual - I would have terrible cravings.....but I really didn't. I cut up my bar in little pieces, or would have a few of those chocolate soy thingys. The first week was much easier than I anticipated. Usually, when I have done "induction" on Atkins, I had terrible headaches or nausea the first 3-4 days....but I didn't on this.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:17 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 282/171.8/165

Height: 5'4"

If you guys order Walden Farms, the cheapest place I've found it is netrition.com . If anyone finds it any cheaper, please share with the group!
I did find this coupon when looking for WF products where you can buy one, get one free; buy two, get two free, etc....The link is:
http://www.waldenfarms.com/ww/
Old 09-15-2009, 11:16 PM   #66  

Valkyrie....I got my order from netrition.com today. I was really impressed with how they packaged it and how soon it got here. At the Meijer store, WF costs $3.99 but not a big selection.So far, netrition is the cheapest I found.

Aren't you excited for your next weigh in....you might have lost 100#!! Keep posting here....we need you as our inspiration.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:21 PM   #67  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

Is it weird that I now CRAVE my big fat salad at lunch???
Old 09-16-2009, 07:32 AM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
Valkyrie....I got my order from netrition.com today. I was really impressed with how they packaged it and how soon it got here. At the Meijer store, WF costs $3.99 but not a big selection.So far, netrition is the cheapest I found.

Aren't you excited for your next weigh in....you might have lost 100#!! Keep posting here....we need you as our inspiration.
I am pretty excited for sure! I'm working in El Paso this week so I'll go in when I land at home on Friday. I'll be sure to post the results before I turn my computer off for the weekend! I'm like you about netrition... They're fast and very thorough with their packaging, which I appreciate. What have you found to be your favorites with them?
Old 09-16-2009, 10:31 AM   #69  

Default Scales

Torchlaker, I know what you mean. When I got on the scales for Week 2 I was stunned! I was actually losing weight (for the first time in 11 years)!!
Old 09-16-2009, 10:33 AM   #70  

Default Salads

alwe74, I was just telling my husband last night that I am now craving salads instead of breads! It is amazing. I was a sugarholic for my entire life. After three days on this diet, I don't even want anything sweet.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:39 AM   #71  

Default 21 and on the diet

Jorae, good job. By doing this diet now, you will probably save yourself years of health problems. I started baking when I was 9 (54 now) and would rather eat sweets than anything else. After 3 days on this diet, I feel so good that I may never eat sweets again. My hobby is baking: pies, cakes, cookies, anything sweet. But after the first 3 days of IP, I woke up feeling so good (no sugar fog) that I realized that my biggest problem in life was too much sugar. I feel so energized now that I don't think I will ever eat the sweets again.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:35 AM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamagirl View Post
Jorae, good job. By doing this diet now, you will probably save yourself years of health problems. I started baking when I was 9 (54 now) and would rather eat sweets than anything else. After 3 days on this diet, I feel so good that I may never eat sweets again. My hobby is baking: pies, cakes, cookies, anything sweet. But after the first 3 days of IP, I woke up feeling so good (no sugar fog) that I realized that my biggest problem in life was too much sugar. I feel so energized now that I don't think I will ever eat the sweets again.
I just had to share this... I've not cheated while doing this diet.. at all. I've been super hard core with it.
I recently branched out to coffee... and got a local coffee shop to throw in some sugar free syrup.
About a week and a half ago, I went to get another and I wasn't watching and I think they put the real syrup in the coffee. I knew it tasted just way to good but chalked it up to an extra shot or something, plus I thought my fiance had added a splenda to it for me because he's good about that kind of thing. Anyway, about an hour or so after I drank it, I thought my head was going to pop off my shoulders it hurt so bad!! I got nauseated and just felt so bad that I went to bed. I honestly think it was because sugar was introduced all of the sudden and my doctor agrees with me. I only lost 1 lb that week too so it was a big set back. Needless to say.. no more coffee for me
I'm glad you're feeling great.. just hang in there.
We are all rooting for you!
Old 09-16-2009, 01:54 PM   #73  

Height: 5'3

I tried the jello today for the first time. It was good. I was suprised. I have 6 weeks under my belt and 33 pounds lost. I am 1/3 the way to my weight loss. I could not be happier.

Has anyone had people notice their weight loss? It is such a good feeling!!!
Old 09-16-2009, 06:03 PM   #74  

Gosh, I am so happy everyone is posting here. I had nothing but negative feedback when I was comtemplating this diet...so this helps towards the "positive".

OK -- bamagirl...I sure am not craving salads yet....and i am into my 2nd week. Wonder if that will ever happen? At least I am not craving sweets..which is my biggest downfall.

Valkyrie.....I have just tried a few of the WF. Forgot to order the single packets....boy, was I upset when they weren't in the box. I am having the cocktail sauce tonight, but I doctored it up with more horseradish and garlic.
I use a tiny bit of the pancake syrup on my oatmeal (maybe a tablespoon)..and I am surprised how good it tastes. I read on the netrition board about using the honey dijon to pour over veggies...and to use the coleslaw for making tarter sauce (when I tried it with their mayo, I nearly choked!!). I make my own salad dressing but bought the tomato/basil in case I forget to make it.

I also started watering down the mango/peach drink from IP....It was just too thick for me...and I split it into 3 days. I still miss my OJ.....any suggestions?

I was going to suggest this forum to my doctor to get more people on this. I have to believe most people would like ideas, support, etc......I also suggested a support group of people from her office......I also took in my camera for them to take a "before" picture of me (they hadn't done that).
Old 09-16-2009, 11:06 PM   #75  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

I just got done eating the vanilla pudding with 12 oz. of water and the Crystal Light Orange Sunrise packet. It was really good!

Well I just have to vent today. I am sooo tired of people being so negative about this diet. I started this diet almost 3 months ago and I have lost 40 lbs. I have consistently lost weight, I eat more fresh vegetables then I have in my entire life, and I have even started running 3 times a week. So I get really tired of people telling me "That diet is not safe"and "You'll gain all of the weight right back when you start to eat NORMAL". First of all, the diet is completely monitored and I have yet to have side effects (unless a healthier BMI and more energy are side effects). Secondly, if by NORMAL they mean the way I used to eat that got me over 200 lbs., then they are absolutely right, I won't go back to eating NORMAL.

I weighed in today and I was down another 2.5 lbs. 2-3 lbs. a week seems to be my pace. I'm OK with it though.
Closed Thread