Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:19 PM   #391  

S/C/G: 140/See Ticker/125

I'm so excited to have found the featherweights! I've got about 15 pounds to go and have hit a major wall - both with my weight and mentally. I've decided no more road-blocks, it's coming off even if it takes me all year! I look forward to hearing evereyones stories and sharing tips/advice, we can all do this
Last10in2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:43 PM   #392  
Finally Happy :)

S/C/G: 175|113|125

Height: 5'4

ive got 18 lbs to lose to be at my goal. And then i may re-adjust it to 120. Who knows. All i know is it is coming off slowly.. which sucks to me. But i have been watching what i eat, excercising everyday of the week for at LEAST 25 minutes. I hope by January 30th i can be 10 lbs lighter!
Ashley89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:37 PM   #393  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3"

Welcome, Ashley! Good luck with your goals! What kind of exercise are you doing daily?
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:35 PM   #394  

S/C/G: 154/147/128

Height: 5"9

Hi everyone - I wanted to introduce myself to the featherweight group. Currently I weight 147, but this time last year I was around 130 (dropped to 125 on about 4 January 2010 when a life crisis stopped me eating for three days :S ) I felt good around the 130 mark, but have always wanted to be about 125 (for healthy reasons, as opposed to not eating from stress reasons). So that's my current goal. Due to work stress I crept up from 130 to around 150 by June last year, and have been trying to shed that 20 pound gain ever since. I don't understand how something I gained without noticing has taken so much conscious effort to go! After 6 months of trying I have lost a total of three pounds - not much to boast of...So I'm determined to get more serious about losing those 20 pounds now. I feel like I've been eating healthily, and upping my exercise a bit, but now the tactic is going to be 'overwhelming force' - I am determined to try every means possible to get rid of that 20 pounds.

Look forward to getting inspiration from you!
heatherph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:52 PM   #395  

S/C/G: 175/165/129

Height: 5'3"

Hello Featherweights - just wanted to introduce myself!

I have a little more than a "feather" to lose - around 35 pounds - but feel this is a great group to be in.

I agree with many of the previous posters that it doesn't matter if you have 2 or 200 lbs to lose - the struggle and emotional toll is the same. I have never been one to exercise - but was fortunate that my weight was always fine - between 125-130. HOWEVER, the past 5 years or so things are no where near the same - and I now realize, as I'm at my heaviest (163) ever weight, that I need to WORK to lose weight. Yesterday I began my "lifestyle change" - because I do NOT want to call it a diet. I will be joining the gym tomorrow (a FIRST for me!) and started calorie counting. I will likely join Weight Watchers in the next week or so for that extra support and motivation.

Anyway - good luck to everyone and I look forward to reading your success stories!
Kimberly2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:08 PM   #396  

S/C/G: 163/160/135

Height: 5'6

Hello featherweights! I introduced myself in the introduction forum but I figure I will do so here too! I've got about twenty pounds I would like to lose. I really appreciate this website for having a forum that is available to women who are all shapes and sizes; offering support to those who want to lose anywhere from 10 to 200 pounds.
I can't wait to hear about everyone's successes and stories about their journeys.
:-)
happenstance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:18 AM   #397  
ONe day at a time

S/C/G: 143/136/120

Height: 5'1"

Hiiiiiiiii!!

Is it just me or is this website a little intimidating? Im having a hard time navigating, but thank goodness I found the featherweights!!

I'm Julie, 47, from Alabama. I'm new to "dieting" as I've never really had to watch what I ate when I was younger, so forming good eating habits and exercise routines were not a part of my life at all. Now I'm in my late forties, and I've gained 25 lbs in the last 5 years. ...slowly but surely packing on the pounds as the years went by. I now weigh 143 lbs. Heaviest I've ever been in my life. What can I say? I love to eat!!! I've tried to watch what I eat, until something better comes along. Like last night. Yesterday I "started" Atkins. When I got home from work, my husband surprised me by asking if I wanted to go out for dinner. What do you think my reply was?? I was in the car ready to go almost before he finished asking if I wanted to go. This is the story of my life. I do well for a few days or even weeks, but then old habits creep back into my life and I find myself at the same weight as I started or even more. "I'll start again tomorrow" should be my epitaph.

Anyway, thanks to all of you who are willing to help me and each other by offering advice and encouragement. Cheers to featherweights!
MrsMerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:16 AM   #398  

S/C/G: 168/139/130

Height: 5'8"

I think I qualify for this group- I have about 18 pounds to lose, although I might alter this depending on how I look/feel when I get there!
I've never dieted in my life, and I suppose at the moment I'm not 'dieting' as such but adjusting my lifestyle to make more healthy choices and try and improve my (shocking!) level of fitness.

Well done to everyone on their weight loss!
mydearthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:00 AM   #399  

S/C/G: 140/ticker/120

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

I recently joined and looking forward to getting ideas and encouragement from the featherweights. No matter the number...its astruggle and the closer you get the worse it seems to be. I am with KINDRED...I am looking more at the inches loss (total inches) since these last few pounds seems to be tough. What a diffrence to fit into the smaller sizes makes to your psyche!
thelast20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:46 PM   #400  

S/C/G: 175/147/145

Height: 5' 3"

Smile Thanks for the welcome. I think I've found my place.

I am down another pound today and feeling very good about it. I have been looking all over the site and reading everything. I feel 3FC is helping me be accountable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 3FC View Post
If you only have a few pounds to lose, you're a featherweight! We have all types of women on 3FC, and we all have different needs. A woman that has 200 pounds to lose has different needs from one that needs to lose 50 pounds and one that needs to lose 10 pounds. Thus, we have added Featherweights!

If you need to lose 10-15 pounds, you might find that you don't get all the sympathy you feel you deserve. We understand that it isn't always easy to lose weight, no matter how much you need to lose. We hope by starting this corner of the forum, that it will enhance the whole Fat Chick Experience for you.

Welcome!!

PS - This is not only for 10-15 pounders - if you feel like you can benefit from this forum, you are welcome!
jojotheyoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:28 PM   #401  

Default Holding @ 152

I am feeling very hopeful. Going to a party today. I know I can do this and be fine tomorrow...
Old 02-20-2011, 03:14 PM   #402  

Red face Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojotheyoyo View Post
I am feeling very hopeful. Going to a party today. I know I can do this and be fine tomorrow...
Oh, dear... up 2 lbs this AM. Ok, last night was fun... and back to the diet.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:00 PM   #403  

S/C/G: 146/146/118

Height: 5'6''

Hi Featherweights!

I'd like to introduce myself here . First of all I have to say I'm not American and English is not my first language so please excuse me for any missspellings that will occure...
So I'm 21 and want to lose about 30 lbs. I'm 5'6 and have 146 pounds... My ideal weight would be 118, and more than losing the weight I would like to firm my body... I always start something but I never finish it and now I hope I will, with a little help from you guys (if someone is "watching" maybe I'll try harder ).

Tomorrow I'm going for a run and I hope to be posting here soon (good news of course )

Kiss from Croatia and good luck everyone!
Lyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:05 PM   #404  

Smile Yippee!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojotheyoyo View Post
Oh, dear... up 2 lbs this AM. Ok, last night was fun... and back to the diet.
The 2 pounds magically disappeared. Now that the partying is over, I have come to my senses and I am back on the diet. (152lb and right on schedule.)
Old 02-21-2011, 12:11 PM   #405  

Smile Hello from California

I am 6 pounds away from you, on the heavier side. Exercise is really going to help the weight loss. Muscle burns fat, so the more muscle we have the faster we burn fat.
Your English is great. You are using contractions. I am impressed. I'll be seeing you around the Feather weight site and cheering for your success.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyra View Post
Hi Featherweights!

I'd like to introduce myself here . First of all I have to say I'm not American and English is not my first language so please excuse me for any missspellings that will occure...
So I'm 21 and want to lose about 30 lbs. I'm 5'6 and have 146 pounds... My ideal weight would be 118, and more than losing the weight I would like to firm my body... I always start something but I never finish it and now I hope I will, with a little help from you guys (if someone is "watching" maybe I'll try harder ).

Tomorrow I'm going for a run and I hope to be posting here soon (good news of course )

Kiss from Croatia and good luck everyone!