Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 10-14-2010, 04:58 PM   #376  
Here for the party

S/C/G: 187/108

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
Wow, fivestone, you have really come a long way! Good luck with that last little bit! You can do it!
Hey, thanks so much for the encouragement!! Today was hectic, so I only got a little running in, but I am going to keep working hard to lose that last little bit!
fivestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:24 PM   #377  

S/C/G: 140/123/?

Height: 5'2.5

I also just joined for more accountability! I've tried time and time again to lose but always give up too soon. It's fun to hear all your success stories and hopefully mine will be added someday!
molldoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:37 PM   #378  

S/C/G: 203/198/170

Height: 5'8"

I am brand new. I think this site is going to be fun! Better than any commercial site for $5 a week. Thank you, 3FC!

My goal is to lose 30 pounds.
ChicoryCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:38 PM   #379  

S/C/G: 160/160/105

Height: 5'

Hi everyone! New here, and it's hard to discover a niche. But starting here seems good.
I'm Rebecca and I am 19 years old. I've always seemed to be a little heavier, but at this point it really is effecting me; everyday! I'm not too tall at 5', so that doesn't help matters. I would like a healthy lifestyle, anyway.
I'm kind of off and on with trying to make better eating decisions. It's hard for me, when dieting, to find a good point where I am eating less, and better things, but not out of energy or getting hungry. It's discouraging at times! As for exercise... I don't! It's something that I really have to work on.
So, I would like to lose 55lbs. I know there's a lot of hard work on the way, but I'm looking forward to healthier days.
peachdumpling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:03 AM   #380  

S/C/G: 158/151/132

Height: 5'6

Hi! I'm new. I'm excited to have an online community for weight loss support. I've gained and lost in the past, weighing anything from 130-165, and have settled in at a pretty stubborn 150. I exercise and eat well sporadically, so I'm hoping consistency and dedication will save me from the stagnation! Glad to be here
cooktease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:37 AM   #381  

S/C/G: 134.4/149/114

Height: 5'2.5"

Default Primal Paleo newbie

Good morning everyone.

I have come so tantalizing close to my goal this year only to have a vacation or party cause me to lose control and then I'm back up 5 pounds, 5 pounds which had just taken me weeks if not months to lose.

Sweets are my downfall ... and a small taste is never enough. I usually have to stuff myself to the point of nausea before I stop. Like bottoming out.

I spend a lot of time exercising but am puzzled why I'm not getting more of a weight loss (or inch loss) benefit from it.

I recently read the phrase "Chronic Cardio" and found that it refers to how the body compensates for too much exercise by increasing the appetite. All this led me to the book Primal Blueprint which just came in the mail and I've begun to try and read and see if this is right for me.

In the meantime (for the last week) been doing more or less an Atkins style diet, just as a way to get that carb craving out of my system.

I just stumbled onto this Featherweight thread and am excited to start to read everyone's posts and am especially interested in success stories -- they definitely give me encouragement.

Maria
TinyDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:08 PM   #382  

S/C/G: 134.4/149/114

Height: 5'2.5"

Default Tomorrow is weigh-in day (dread)

I limit myself to a once a week weigh in because from experience I have found I can drive myself nuts if I have been on program and the scales don't reflect it from day to day and that causes me to go off program.

But the downside is the lack of a daily reality check and tonight I am feeling like tomorrow morning I am going to see a gain not a loss.
TinyDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:48 PM   #383  

S/C/G: 173

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone. I am new to 3FC but not new to diets. I was on WW and lost 30 lbs. I reached my goal weight and became a lifetime member. I have since gained it all back plus another 20. Starting over again. I don't want to go back to WW because I am so embarrassed that I weigh more now than when I originally started. It is such a battle. I now want to lose 40-50 lbs. I know that WW is starting a whole new program...I hope I can find out about it through this forum. Thanks for letting me vent.
Maryann120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:02 PM   #384  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

hi all..Im a newbie here...need to really get serious about what I am eating. Have been very out of control lately and it is frightening. I am one of those people that binge and my eating can get out of hand very quickly. My plan is to cut carbs, up protein, drink a lot more water. I also need to add some type of resistance training to my schedule, atleast two times a week. I'm busting out of my clothes and can't afford or even want to buy a new wardrobe! Goal is to lose ten. lbs by March when I have a conference to go to.

I look forward to getting to know you all
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:38 PM   #385  
Doing this for life~

S/C/G: 148/ticker/135

Height: 5'9"

Hey guys!

I am new to this section.

My story is simple. I have always been around 150-160 range. Which is okay for my height range, but not okay for me. Last year I got down to 135 and I was very very happy, but circumstances changed and I stopped writing things down and slowly I gained it back to be at the place I have been all my life again...150-160 range!

I read a comment somewhere on this forum that made so much sense. If you have always had problems with your weight, don't think that just because you've lost the weight, you've lost the problems. They are there always. You will always have to manage what you eat. So, I shall! I can do it again right?
RoseOfPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:55 PM   #386  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3"

Welcome and good luck, Rose!
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:14 AM   #387  
Doing this for life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooktease View Post
Hi! I'm new. I'm excited to have an online community for weight loss support. I've gained and lost in the past, weighing anything from 130-165, and have settled in at a pretty stubborn 150. I exercise and eat well sporadically, so I'm hoping consistency and dedication will save me from the stagnation! Glad to be here
Wow, I think you are my long lost twin! Isn't it frustrating?? Let's get back to 130s and STAY there!
Old 12-23-2010, 10:06 PM   #388  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

We can ALL do this!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:11 PM   #389  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

RoseOfPain is that GACKT in your avatar?!?!?!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:58 PM   #390  
Doing this for life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
RoseOfPain is that GACKT in your avatar?!?!?!
Oh YES it is!!! I <3 Gackt!!
I also <3 Yoshiki.

Last edited by RoseOfPain; 12-24-2010 at 03:03 PM.