Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:52 AM   #286  

S/C/G: 230/230/199

Height: 5' 10.5"

Alright, I think this is the forum for me. I have approx 28 lbs to lose. I'm still figuring out what my end goal should be. I'm on the opposite end of the scale. I lose 10 lbs I look the same, I lose 20 lbs people ask if I grew? I lose 30 lbs, I get "hey did you lose a few lbs?" ; ) Funny how different we all are.

Last time I lost weight I got down to around 167 but that was with working out 5 days a week over an hour, and eating a ridiculous 1200 cal diet but a lot of it was lean cuisine tv dinners. I'm trying to do it more the "right" way this time and a more realistic way.
nickilaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 192/155/130

Height: 5'5"

Yay! I'm glad I found this thread! Right now I am 155 and I would love love love to get down to 125, but my mini goal is 135. I lost a lot of weight after my baby was born by running 6 days a week, but anytime I missed a day (or a few...) I would immediately gain the weight. I am trying now to adjust my diet more so that I won't have to run like crazy if I don't have time.
veve09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:22 AM   #288  
A Whole New World

S/C/G: 172/ticker/122

Height: 5'4"

Hiya. I suppose I could make use of this forum although I never really thought of myself as “featherweight” before, haha. I have about 25lbs to lose and they are the same 25lbs I’ve been trying to lose for the past decade. I tend to lose a bit of weight, feel great and positive about it all, and then suddenly put the same weight back on until the next time I attempt to shake it off. It’s the story of my life. I’m a UK size 12 and I have not been any other size for so long I’ve become moulded to my clothes – I want so badly to get down to a size 8 and be able to wear short skirts without feeling like my legs are the size of tree trunks. So anyway, hopefully I will reach my goal along with all you other lovelies.
BeautyandtheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:55 AM   #289  
Ilene the Bean

to all the Newbies -
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:49 AM   #290  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickilaughs View Post
I lose 10 lbs I look the same, I lose 20 lbs people ask if I grew? I lose 30 lbs, I get "hey did you lose a few lbs?" ; ) Funny how different we all are.
Sometimes baggy clothes are unflattering But sounds frustrating Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyandtheBeast View Post
Hiya. I suppose I could make use of this forum although I never really thought of myself as “featherweight” before, haha. I have about 25lbs to lose and they are the same 25lbs I’ve been trying to lose for the past decade.
My vote is if you're wondering if you're featherweight, you are! It doesn't mean you're underweight, it's just that we sometimes have different experiences and strategies than others losing 100 pounds or more, or even ourselves when we first started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veve09 View Post
I am trying now to adjust my diet more so that I won't have to run like crazy if I don't have time.
I definitely vote for finding a place for running in your life based on enjoying it, not feeling like you're hanging on by the fingernails. Featherweights is a great place to sort things out and figure out what works long term.

everyone!

Last edited by JulieJ08; 12-31-2009 at 11:52 AM.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 05:48 PM   #291  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 5’7"

Hi all!!

I think I have found my home I have been struggling to lose 20lbs for years... which has crept up to 30, and eventually 43lbs, yikes! I am currently working to lose 36lbs. I feel so incredibly out of shape and uncomfortable in my own skin! I sometimes need encouragement but I feel a little icky sharing these problems with the ladies that are working hard to get to my current weight!

So featherweights it is. Yay!
shasha12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:02 PM   #292  
Ilene the Bean

Shasha the Feathers is the place for you for sure!
Old 01-12-2010, 09:10 AM   #293  

Wow, I'm glad I found the forum! I have about 10-15 pounds I would like to lose...I had a back injury that kept me from being as active as I once was. So, as a result I lost muscle and gained about 20lbs. I went through a bout of depression and perhaps ate more than I normally do. But things are looking up and I am now able to workout daily. Just wanted to say hi!
cutenfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #294  

S/C/G: 171/160/145

Height: 5'6

I am so glad I found this thread! I have lost 16 lbs already and have 13 to go! I am currently following the Weight Watchers system on my own. My goal is to lose the last few pounds by April because my husband and I would like to start trying to get pregnant . Having an important reason to meet my goal is definitely motivating!! Wish Me luck!!
slai78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:17 PM   #295  
Ilene the Bean

cutenfit and slai78 to the Feathers ... Good luck to you both!!
Old 01-22-2010, 11:00 PM   #296  

S/C/G: 126/122/110

Default Newbie

I am new to this thread, new to this website, new to the South Beach Diet. Though I am by far not at my heaviest weight right now, I am just displeased with my shape. Too much belly and too much love handles. My weight is "just right" re: BMI and ideal body weight, but it doesn't fit well on my small frame. I am only trying to lose a total of 15lbs, and am hoping that I can get back in shape, but all the cold rain is keeping me from exercising. I was a little intimidated by all the other forums because there are so many people on here who have so so much they are trying to lose or who have already lost so much weight!
Naka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 04:29 PM   #297  
Ilene the Bean

Naka

If you're not happy with your shape you should look into weight training, if there is one exercise that reshapes your body, working with weights, is it! Just a thought...
Old 02-19-2010, 09:02 PM   #298  

S/C/G: 156/156/135

Height: 5'3

Default Hello! I'm new here...and I think I am in the right place!

Hi everyone!
My name is Melissa and I am 23 years old and still a college student. Weight. It's a tough subject for me. I am what you could call a "featherweight". I am not obese. Most of the people I know say I look fine. However, I do not feel fine. Growing up I was always thin and tiny. In high school I went on antidepressants and gained roughly 30 pounds. I went from 125 to around 160. Strangely, it did not bother me all that much then. When I came off meds about a year after high school and lost like 30 pounds in a month and was down to 126 ( I also had just came out of a long term relationship)...I swore I would never put that weight on again. I stayed the same for a while...then the pounds creeped back on. I stuck around 140-145 for a while...a couple years really. Then the 6 months or so I have shot back up to 156. I am unhappy with my weight and the way I look and just so badly want to lose about 20 pounds. I am a nighteater...i have a weakness for snacking and eating junk which is frustrating because i know i shouldnt be eating it. I will have a great day and no junk all healthy and then 8 oclock comes and BAM im in the snack cabinet until midnight. I am going to pick up Alli tonight and hoping that will help a little bit. I also want to work out more, but have such a hard time staying motivated. When I go, i feel great, but im so inconsistent.
Anyways, glad to find these forums and any support is appreciated! i need it!
melba1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:04 AM   #299  
Ilene the Bean

melba1016
Old 02-24-2010, 04:10 PM   #300  

S/C/G: 165/132.5/125

Height: 5'4 3/4

Default this is me!

hi everyone!

my name is Leah and i'm currently trying to get back to my goal weight of 130lbs [meaning i have a weight loss goal of about 20 lbs]. i lost the weight overseas and then put it back on afte two years of being home. seeing all the yummy things i hadn't had in asia made my eyes a lot bigger than my stomach, but eventually my hips and belly caught on and now my clothes don't fit!!!

i'm going to attempt circuit training and the couch to 5k program and hopefully i'll get back to where i was.

i look fwd to getting to know you all and having support from ppl who know are going through the same journey

have a great day!
BlueParade is offline   Reply With Quote